July 06 babies and mamas - September 06 thread - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 274 Old 09-30-2006, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey girls! I have MIA lately...trying to adjust after my trip last weekend, and Mason having a devil of a cold the last week!

Our trip to Alabama was great, both plane rides he nursed and slept in the sling the whole time...not a peep! Then this last week at home we had battles with congestion. I do not know what to do with a babe with congestion. Ayden (2) brought it home and I pumped him full of emergen-C, and had him eat good, and treated the night time stuffiness with vicks, humidifier and dimetapp. Mason is going on two weeks of this virus, and you can't do over the counter to help with nightime, so we are doing humidifier and I am taking extra vit-c. I hope it passes along the breast milk...but if anyone has any ideas that would be great!

Mason is also crying in pain....seems like a tummy issue, but it is weird that is just started now. I thought maybe he is a good nurser now and is getting lots of milk and getting to full, we have spit up and fussiness during feeding. He gets so mad when he just wants to comfort nurse and milk keeps coming.

He is also not doing well with a bottle...at the sitters last week he went all day (well 8:45 to 1:45) without eating till I came to feed, he was feeling icky though.

We are at 13 lbs 6 oz!!! AND I got a fabolous new minivan! I never thought I would own a minivan, but Ayden can crawl in his own chair, great gas mileage, and tons of room for the price....I love it!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!!!

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#272 of 274 Old 10-01-2006, 12:01 AM

aydensmom

Try gerber nuk nipples, they are the closest thing to a natural breast I've found and are great about avoiding gas and slow flow. Their cheap and the bottle are too, just in case you need to know.
#273 of 274 Old 10-01-2006, 12:01 AM

Yikes, It's the end of September already. I have been a mess this month. We moved cross country, were staying with family, visiting dying father in law and moved into our new house 3 days ago. I have been too busy for MDC (is it even possible?)

Willow is the cutest. She smiles all the time and even laughs. She is very laid back and happiest facing out where she can see the world. She getting chunky - I'm guessing about 14 lbs. I love her little rolls and her big baby butt.

Cadence does so good with her. She calls her Low-Low and I have started calling her that as well. I think shes stuck with it. Glad everyones babies are well. Love and Peace.
#274 of 274 Old 10-02-2006, 10:15 AM

Just covering all the bases

Click me

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page