Mothering Forum banner

Anyone make their own baby wipes??

793 views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  tulsidas 
#1 ·
We have used thin wash cloths in a wipe warmer with 3 drops of lavendar oil and 3 drops of tea tree oil (mixed in about 32 oz of water). I am curious if others use this mix and if so how much. Or....what "recipe" do you use for the liquid? Thanks!

#4 ·
way cool! I bought 120 plain white facecloths for my babes! (wicked cheap by the way!) Never thought of making my own! I guess I could make some cool designs out of them. I don't use any soap or oil, just straight warm water at the time of wipe.

#5 ·
I cut up my old receiving blankets and serged 8x8 pieces together. Later on, I bought unbleached flannel and serged the edges with pastel thread.

As for solution, I use 5 drops TTO, 5 drops Lavendar oil, 1 squirt baby soap, 1 squirt baby oil, and 1 1/2 cups distilled water.

#7 ·
We had intended on making them out of flannel/terry, but got a gajillion baby washcloths at a surprise baby shower, so we ended up just using those.

We dip in plain water to clean and "baste" (quoting DH) with a little olive oil and lavendar afterwards. We have a small bottle that we use when out and about, or we premoisten and pack them in a ziploc.

#8 ·
We use mostly water with a very small squirt of Dr. Bronner's and a few drops of tea tree oil.

I used to be good about pre-wetting the wipes and bringing them in a wetbag . . . but lately I find myself just throwing a bunch of dry cloths into the diaper bag and bringing wipe solution with me. I have found that breastmilk storage tubes (the hard plastic ones with the yellow lid) work WONDERFULLY for carrying wipe solution, because they absolutely do not leak!

#9 ·
I use a solution of about 1.5 cups water, half a tsp of baby oil and half a tsp of Dr. Bronner's. I use paper towels for my wipes
: I keep meaning to get a bunch of baby washcloths and try that, but so far the paper towels are working out.

-Joan

#11 ·
I love using my own wipes! I bought some really nice velour-feeling ones from an MDC mama. I change my solution to fit my whimsy. Usually it is water w/some oil (olive, jojoba, or sweet almond) and a few drops of EOs (lavendar, sweet orange, TTO is good for rashes). Sometimes I just use water & Burts Bees oil. I started out using a squirt of Bronners soap too, but later stopped that not really finding it necessary & worrying about it being too drying.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chlaal
I use a solution of about 1.5 cups water, half a tsp of baby oil and half a tsp of Dr. Bronner's. I use paper towels for my wipes
: I keep meaning to get a bunch of baby washcloths and try that, but so far the paper towels are working out.

-Joan
That's what we use too, and I use just a little squirt of body wash in it. I would never have enough cloth wipes, I have 4 in diapers right now.

#16 ·
we had a bunch of paper towels, like the kind you use when you are in public rest rooms.
i cut them in half and put one tablespoon of california baby baby wash(what we had) and a teaspoon of baby oil and i think one cup water.

they work great if you need to use throw aways when you are out of the home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.