Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many of you co-sleep?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2003, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I voted co-sleep in our bed since that's the current arrangement, but I think we've done pretty much everything at this point. Ds started out in a co-sleeper as a newborn, then seemed to sleep better in his own crib in his own room, then started wanting to be with us. We're just going with the flow at this point, lol.

Teaching wife & mama knit.gif  to my not so little ones - DS (10) drum.gif and DD (8) dust.gif

Old 04-07-2003, 01:00 PM

DD (7 mos.) sleeps in bed with us. When she was a newborn she slept in her car seat next to our bed...that's the only place she would sleep other than in my arms until she was 2 mos. She slept in her crib in her bedroom for three or four nights when she was 2.5 mos., but DH really wanted her back in our room. Actually, co-sleeping was HIS idea, I was pretty reluctant about it. Now I can't imagine her sleeping all the way upstairs in her own crib all by herself. How lonely she would be. We love having her sleep with us and we love waking up to our baby's smiling face.
That said, I'm considering doing the side-car thing with the crib to give us a little extra room since DD's rolling all over the place now.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:47 PM

Ds has co-slept ever since he was born. We love it.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:50 PM

I picked other because sometimes she sleeps in the attached crib and sometimes in our bed. It just depends on how tired dh is and if hes had anything to drink. Even after one beer I dont feel comfortable having her in bed with him because he sleeps very heavily after a drink. SOrry to make him seem like an alcoholic or something, I just would hate for him to roll over on her and not realize it.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Old 04-07-2003, 05:02 PM

DS has slept in our bed with us up until about a month ago (he's 11 months). He was getting big enough and wiggley enough that we were getting crowded, so we got a toddler bed with a side rail and scooched it up next to our bed, sort of an extention of our bed. He took to it really quickly -- I think he likes having more room and his own space. He now chooses to fall asleep there, with me lying next to him rubbing his back, instead of falling asleep on my chest or on the bed between DH and I.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:11 PM

This accidently posted twice, and I can't seem to delete it, sorry!
Old 04-07-2003, 10:25 PM

DD has slept in bed with me since the day she was born (yes, she spent four nights in my hospital bed, lol). We love having her in bed with us - it's a beautiful thing!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 04-08-2003, 12:47 AM

I voted "sleeps in a crib in his room" but we've co-slept a lot too. He slept with us until he was about 6 weeks old, then we started putting him in his crib because neither of us sleep very well when he is there. He is a real thrasher, not to mention a bed hog, LOL. But we still bring him to bed with us when he is having trouble sleeping or we are sleeping in a strange place, like visiting relatives or on a trip or something.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:49 AM

Sometimes I think that I like co-sleeping more than Jordy...but I love the little warm body next to me!!!
She's becoming a pusher though and whichever side of the bed I sleep, she'll push me on the edge...
Old 04-08-2003, 12:52 AM

We co-slept with both our babies. When they got bigger and a little wiggly, we took a twin bed and scooted it right up against our queen bed, and I just roll back and forth to breastfeed. It works beautifully. We have this arrangement with our 9 month old, and our 3 year old sleeps in his twin bed a few feet away. We're lucky to have a bedroom that is long enough to accommodate our queen and two twins. If we didn't, I'd figure out something, though. We love co-sleeping and think it's important.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:03 AM

We're bed cosleepers.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:20 AM

co-sleep in the same bed.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:08 AM

Aaron sleeps in his crib for his first long stretch of sleep, and then comes ito our bed ( except the last two nights - he's caught his first cold and is too uncomfortable to lie on his back, so he's been in his car seat w/mama on the couch!)

Kristin
Old 04-08-2003, 11:32 AM

We co-sleep in bed, have since the very first day. We now have two double mattresses on the floor together to make this great big sleeping/playing platform and it is fun! At first, I didn't like being on the floor but I have really gotten used to it and like it alot!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
Old 04-08-2003, 12:29 PM

Kaeleb sleeps in a bassinet (or car seat, whichever he prefers) right next to me, next to our bed. We are greatly anticipating the day when we feel he is big enough to sleep with us! We probably won't own an actual "crib" until he is over a year old.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:41 PM

Jonah (DS) has always slept in a crib in his own room after he was maybe 4 weeks old. I just couldn't co-sleep. I couldn't sleep more than a light doze, I couldn't get used to not having enough pillows or blankets, and I felt anxious all the time. I think he picked up on that even so young because he slept much better in a crib.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:42 PM

Co Sleep in our bed. I just love it! I will be very lonely when all of the little ones are out of our bed!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 04-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Banned

DD sleeps with dh and I in our bed. She slept in a bassinet next to our bed until she was 6 weeks old. She slept in her crib for one night after that and I sat up all night crying because I missed her so much and it just didn't feel right. She's slept with us ever since and we are a very happy co-sleeping family. We are shopping for a king size bed!!!
Old 04-09-2003, 02:20 AM

Umm . . . a pattern. He 'goes down' with daddy in the bed. Then, when I come to bed I usually nurse him and he either falls asleep next to me or if he's fussing and wants space to flail a bit, my dh sidecarred our crib and I move him there. If he wakes to eat in the night, he usually stays next to me again.

So, we go back and forth according to how well he is sleeping really.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:00 PM

one big bed
We lay like this 3yo me 9modd hubby
Everyone laughs when they see our setup-one big futon with a twin pushed up next to it:
Wouldn't do it any other way!!
Jessie
Old 04-09-2003, 09:02 PM

We use one big bed, too- a twin and a queen side by side ont the floor. Dd spends many nights in her own room now, but slept with us until 3 1/2. Ds is still co-sleeping.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
Old 04-10-2003, 02:38 AM

We have a California King size bed (looove it!! ) There is 3 of us sleeping on it each night, hubby, baby Lukas, 18 months and me Shanti, 5 years, sleeps in her room, but sometimes I make her a sleeping bag on the floor of our room. When dh is out fighting fires, the kids sleep with me.

Jula
Old 04-10-2003, 04:10 PM

I voted other. We also have a queen next to a twin mattress on the floor. Our 2 year old starts out the night in her crib in our room. Our 4 month old sleeps with us all night. 2 year old usually comes to bed with us around 3 a.m.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:54 PM

dh, dd (17 months) and I sleep in the same bed. We love it!!

our doggies sleep in the room with us

I don't even mind waking up however many times a night.. and then falling back asleep to the sound of everyone breathing
Old 04-10-2003, 05:55 PM

I picked 'sleeps crib in own room' cuz thats primarily what she does, its next to our room (the bathroom links them) when dh gets up in the morning, if I dont have to too, then she is moved to our full size bed (she wont fit till he gets out, maybe one of US could move to the crib and me and her get a few more hours together....I do love to cuddle up with her....but she looks even CUTER behind those bars, my lil incarcerate.

:sinister :sinister :sinister :sinister
Old 04-11-2003, 12:36 AM

We have a queen and twin bed that is our "big bed" and we usually all end up there. But our 3 year old has his own twin bed and he starts out there (with mom or dad) most nights. We are expecting baby #2 and we will start with babe in bed with us or in our room and see what she prefers and how we all sleep best.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:59 AM

mama2annabelle

My daughter would only sleep in the carseat or on our chests for the first month, too!

We co-sleep in bed now. It works well for us.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:25 AM

I would love to cosleep but alas, she won't have it. So, she sleeps next to my bed in a cradle and my four year old ds still cosleeps with me. Dh works 3rd shift so it is easier for me.
Janie
Old 04-11-2003, 10:53 AM

We co-sleep in the same bed, with varying amounts of sleep each night. We are trying to transition ds (11 mo) into napping on a twin mattress on the floor next to our bed so that we can safely leave the room when he is sleeping.

User Tag List