eight month old and SLEEEEEEEEP - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-10-2006, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter
kpb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
needless to say, he isn't....battles terribly at night when falling asleep (despite our normal calming routine and dh, with a beautiful voice, singing to him.....sigh) and this is all after hardly sleeping during the day (min 0 hours, max two hours) when he used to clock in 6 hours a day.......to boot he is waking up 1-4 times a night....he had been a solid night sleeper from two months of age....people say that it's seperation anxiety....but the boy is becoming sleep deprived, and my nipples are super sensitive now....plus I'm verging on utterly annoyed. any of you experience this before??
I really don't know what to do anymore....I reckon we can keep blaming teething for this change, but................
and he only gets pissy when we try to encourage sleep....he's almost perfectly fine the rest of the time (crawling, exploring, laughing, exurting, etc)!

we're trying the guitar now....cross fingers.
would love to hear what you all have to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 10-10-2006, 09:13 PM

Eight month olds aren't supposed to sleep. It makes you appreciate them more when they're teenagers and get tattoos on their foreheads and quit school to tour the world with a small company of mimes.

I wish I had advice, but we're just now getting this one to sleep a little better and she's almost 11 months. Hang in there!
sageowl and JenVose like this.
#3 of 8 Old 10-11-2006, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
kpb

so last night was a bit better....he FOUGHT FOUGHT FOUGHT it for about half an hour and then was down until 11, then slept again until 4:30....much better than usual.....we'll see..I really think it's a matter of being super excited about all that he's learning (his new thing is trying to stand from a crawling position....oh how i wish we had carpeting) on top of teething......
sigh.....how come no one tells you about teeting in mom classes?!?!??!?!

best to all
k
#4 of 8 Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 PM

This is a very old thread...anyone else hit the eight month old no nap no sleep milestone? I am there now...barely surviving it :S
#5 of 8 Old 09-12-2013, 12:22 PM

This is normal??!! My DS is 8 months and will ONLY nap in arms and only for a couple 30 min naps a day! If I don't have time to sit hold him or don't want to wear him the napping lasts all of 10- 15 minutes. My DD started napping regularly, twice a day for two hours at a time when she was 8 months. I need him to sleep without being held! Anyone have any tricks of the trade for me? Or is it a 'this too shall pass' sort of situation and I'll look back in a month while he's sleeping peacefully and shake my head for worrying....?
#6 of 8 Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 PM

At 9 months my DD stopped napping completely!! I was beside myself but found two things that helped:
1) white noise - we just turned on a fan in her room and left it running. It masked outside sounds and helped her fall asleep and stay asleep longer
2) blackout drapes - absolute must because with sunlight she would only play and mess around. In the dark she was more willing to relax, which meant she could nurse to sleep again.
These are both fairly simple and cheap things to try. I hope they help you! hug.gif
#7 of 8 Old 09-19-2013, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, 8 mos here and terrible sleep. If I drove around all day, he would nap great. But night time? Up every 3 hrs. Ugh. He used to STTN.
#8 of 8 Old 10-11-2013, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ds is just 8 months and has been sleeping REALLY bad since he had a cold a month ago. He is waking every hour or more. He has always taken short naps and that had not changed.... he will take nice long naps if we are traveling in the car. Seems to be just a hard phase. He us also getting super attached to me (way more than a month ago) and pretty much cries when anyone holds hin, even dh.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page