2 month old getting a TOOTH? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-11-2006, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Henri has been chewing on his hands and wanting to nurse so much he gorges himself and spits up. I figured he was just having a growth spurt/discovering his body. After all, Paddy did the same things at the same age. Well I was playing with Henri and making him giggle, and he smiled at me and on the bottom gums I could see that telltale spot. Then other things started lining up in my mind- clamping down on my nipple during feedings, extra fussy, trying to put his fingers in his mouth while nursing, all kinds of odd things. Anyone else have an early teether?
#2 of 13 Old 10-11-2006, 02:48 PM

Dd started showing signs of teething at around 3 months, but nothing actually broke through until five months. Hope he gets some relief soon! Poor little one!
#3 of 13 Old 10-11-2006, 02:58 PM

Yeah, dd started to teethe at about 8-10 weeks old...but she's now at 5 months, and still no teeth yet! :

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#4 of 13 Old 10-11-2006, 03:09 PM

DD started to show signs of teething (drooly, chewing, etc.) around two months . . . in fact on Mother's Day my grandmother pointed out that she could SEE the teeth just below the surface, two of 'em, bottom center . . . and DD wasn't even two months old at that point!

However, the chewing and drooling and occasional fussy nursing continued for months before anything actually broke through. She finally got her first tooth at just over 6 months, her second tooth the next day, and now she is seven months and has only those two.
#5 of 13 Old 10-11-2006, 03:13 PM

dd started teething at 2 months and she got two bottom teeth when she was 4 months. my nephew got his first tooth when he was two months old!!

Stephanienut.gif, RT, Mama to Jenergy.gif (4/06), Nfencing.gif (9/10), and someone new stork-girl.gif (2/14), partner to Vdrum.gif and Learning to take it one day at a timepraying.gif 
#6 of 13 Old 10-11-2006, 03:16 PM

my sister (my mom's 4th) got two teeth by 3 months. my mom said my sister cried and cried and she couldn't figure out what was wrong which surprised her since it was her 4th child. so, she went to the dr. and he said...she's getting teeth. good luck to you.

Mama to two kiddos on the go!
#7 of 13 Old 10-11-2006, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Now it makes more sense... Paddy, my 14 month old, had similar symptoms and he didn't get his teeth until 6 months. He got the first bottom one, then the second a few weeks later, then it was forever until his top teeth came in. Now he's teething again and getting four teeth all at once. Needless to say he's been a bear lately. At least Henri is taking it better.
#8 of 13 Old 10-12-2006, 12:50 AM

dd1 got teeth at 3mo, dd2 at 4mo, and ds at 5mo (he has 8 teeth right now and is cutting 2 more, he'll be 9mo tomorrow!). legend has it that my older sister was born with teeth!
#9 of 13 Old 10-12-2006, 01:59 AM

Ds started showing teething signs around 3 months, but didn't get any teeth until 8 1/2 months. He's 10 1/2 months now and still only has 2 teeth!
#10 of 13 Old 10-13-2006, 06:06 PM

My dd is 9 weeks and I was worried about her because she has been showing all the signs of teething. I just thought I was crazy - but I'm glad to see it's possible to teeth this early!! She wants to nurse all the time, and starts chewing on her fist the minute she stops nursing. She drools a lot, and because of her constant nursing is spitting up quite a bit too. I can see her bottom two teeth through her gums, and I can also see parts of a tooth breaking through the gums in her upper right gum area. Her two month check up is Monday, so I was going to show the doctor and see if he thinks she's teething too.

Happy wife and blessed mama to three sweet girlies chicken3.gif

#11 of 13 Old 10-13-2006, 06:10 PM

My DD got her first 2 teeth before 3mos, so it is definitely possible.
#12 of 13 Old 10-13-2006, 06:15 PM

My 2 mo just got a tooth.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#13 of 13 Old 10-13-2006, 07:45 PM

My 2 month old is teething now.
My second son got his first two teeth the day he turned 3 months old.
My first son had a part of his firt tooth through at 2 1/2 months.
Apparently I got teeth early myself.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page