mamas of nov/dec 02 babes - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#631 of 649 Old 10-15-2003, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yippee.
of course dh wanted to go and see a dermatologist, which requires a doc visit for a referral. so dd and dh are headed to the doc today for her clean (for several hours anyway) bum.

it must be the correct combination of removal of diet coke, athletes foot stuff, yogurt, acidophilus, and a little chanting of "don't scratch" every time we do a diaper change.

birth control -- i'm not sure what to do. right now i am taking the mini pill, breastfeeding and we are doing "withdrawal". i got pregnant on the pill so i am a little worried. it is not that i don't think that i ever want to have another kiddo, more that i want to feel like we are swimming, not just treading water, with the one we have. I'm interested in this no hormone thing....do tell us more.

oh and erin is not close to talking, just baby talk. My response when folks ask is the same as a 3 YO friend's response to "are you ready for a nap?" ....which is "not quite yet"

and no steps yet, but she is slllloooowwly progressing in that direction. soon enough. let's not rush things along, she will only be a baby for, gasp, a month or so more right?

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#632 of 649 Old 10-15-2003, 12:36 PM

Apparantly the copper makes it so the sperm can't find their way to the egg. Not exactly sure how that works, tho...
#633 of 649 Old 10-15-2003, 05:11 PM

I use the mini pill too with no problems.

I'm so glad to hear that my baby isn't the only one not saying words, does make me feel better. He does say dadadada, but I don't think he puts it together. And nothing that resembles mama

Zane waved bye bye! It was so funny, he just watched and watched and kinda threw up his arm as if he was just gonna see what happened. Well of course we all went crazy over it, so he tried it again, LOL

It is so much fun to watch him walk!! I was sad that he was doing so many physical things which make him more of toddler then my baby, but it really is amazing and fun to watch!!!

kerc, so glad you found the culprit and are able to cut out the diet coke. Hope the rashes are over for you guys!!
#634 of 649 Old 10-15-2003, 05:26 PM

He's crawling

Now I'm really feeling the need to make naptime safer. I've been thinking crib but it would butt right up against our bed so one with a foot lever for the lowering and raising is out of the question since the other side butts up against the wall. I dunno maybe a porta crib tho they seem rather fragile. We're going to get one second hand since it will have off-gassed enough by then. The consignment store also has second-hand mattresses. I'm torn between the idea of all the chemicals and flame-retardants etc that they put in new mattresses and the idea of a used mattress sanitary-wise. If we could put our bed on the floor it would solve the whole crib question but we can't because of the mold issues here. So I'm still on the crib situation.

Kerc glad to hear the rash has cleared up.
#635 of 649 Old 10-15-2003, 06:07 PM

solsticemama- Julianna has been sleeping in a port-a-crib since she was a week old, and we are just now switching over to a regluar-sized crib. Not for size issues, it's actually very strong- no creaking or anything- but there is a plexi-glass plate at the foot and head of the bed that she kicks at incessantly to let us know she is awake... So we can't wait to get her into a bigger bed where she can't kick! LOL... I think it would work for her for a long time yet, especially since she's not standing, so one might be ok for your DS. I'd just spray the matress down with some vinegar/water and leave it in the sun for a couple days and I think that would kill anything yucky.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#636 of 649 Old 10-15-2003, 06:31 PM

I was thinking the same thing, kidsatheart--washing it down with vinegar, maybe some tea-tree and lavendar oil, or even a very mild bleach and then leaving it in the sun for awhile. Is Julianna a big baby? Ds is 27 lbs and the weight limit for the porta crib is 35. I only want to use it until he can figure out how to get down from the bed safely himself. Not quite sure when that would be but less than a year probably. What brand of porta crib do you have?
#637 of 649 Old 10-15-2003, 06:42 PM

I have no idea what kind we have, it's an old wooden thing I "stole" from my parents' garage. Julianna is 26'', and 17lbs. She rolls around quite a bit, but the port-a-crib doesn't rock or anything. You could also use a playpen to sleep in, when we go to my Mom's condo in Mexico we have both babies in their own playpen. They're cheap too!

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#638 of 649 Old 10-15-2003, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by solsticemama
Ds is 27 lbs
Wow- your breast milk must be super good stuff! You could make a fortune selling it with those kind of results!!!!

#639 of 649 Old 10-16-2003, 12:55 AM

Hi all! I wanted to talk about my baby, so here I am! Actually I've been here all day, lurking. Anyways, Haeven turned 10 months on the 5th on October . She has taken a couple of steps on her own, but I don't have the exact dates/time/place She has been siphoning off my plate every day, but I try not to give her butter, salt and sugar. Actually, my partner is more concered if I give her something, than I am. I'm the one who has to listen to her "complaining", so I'd rather give her that corner of a corn chip, than drag my a** into the kitchen to get her a peice of apple. I'm actually really realizing how babies can't really digest food (chunks in food end up chunks in poop) I want to give her more fresh juices (carrot, beet, celery, apple, grapefruit) I think she would digest that way easier.

She is trying to talk more every day. She can repeat small sounds like mama, dada, kiki(kitty), sss(shoe), baba... She is funny with her little "words". She likes to yell and stick her tongue around (not neccessarily at the same time)

We've been doing good, now that my foot is healing up. It was soooo stressful when I couldn't walk. Now I'm back to the usual etcetera. I had to have surgery. AHhh! I will always be careful w/ sewing needles from now on, and buy the titanium steel ones too.

We went to a mom and baby group on tuesday. She was mesmerized by all the other kids. When she gets excited, she slaps her palm on whatever, so all the other babys were crying after a few minutes with her.

How are all your babies doing?
#640 of 649 Old 10-17-2003, 02:23 AM

Thanks all for your comments, I guess I was feeling a bit bummed about what my mom said. She really didn't mean anything by it, she does absolutely adore her granddd. And I'm truly not worried, as weird or not I find dd perfect in every way. And what you had to say about genetic personalities makes sense: half the time my mom said dd was weird and the other half the time she said she was just like me. And my mom has never gotten me, so I'm sure she thinks I'm weird as well but has never said it to my face.

DD is into other babies now-- but she chooses to use them as jungle gyms.
#641 of 649 Old 10-17-2003, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XmasEve
DD is into other babies now-- but she chooses to use them as jungle gyms.
:LOL

Zachary is the same way! He'll crawl up to play with Julianna and put his fingers in er eyes, or push her face into the ground, or poke into her belly butthon- all the while giggling. He has no idea that what he's doing is wrong. Lucky for all of us, Julianna just flinches and rolls away, she doesn't seem to mind the abuse unless it gets really out of hand. I'm hoping they'll learn to play nicer together soon. Right now Zach tries to take every toy Julianna has, no matter what it is. He and Crystal fight over the legos. It's great fun!

#642 of 649 Old 10-18-2003, 03:32 PM

Just had a thought-- those November/December 2003 mommies are going to start popping soon. I vote for starting a new "Nov/December 02" thread here in Life with a Babe, and then revisiting the issue and possible moving to Toddlers at the start of the new year. I just can't imagine moving to Toddlers anytime sooner than that!
#643 of 649 Old 10-18-2003, 04:22 PM

We're thinking along the same lines, XmasEve. A few days ago I was wondering when our babes would become toddlers. My baby is still so much a baby it's hard to imagine him as a toddler. Does being a year old get you into the toddler club? :LOL And also was wondering if we'd continue as a circle. It's been great to chat with all you mamas and hear how everyone and their babes have been doing over the year. Who's babe turns 1 first?

My SIL lent us a pack n'play. I know some of you moms have been using them for your babes. I dunno, it doesn't look like the kind of place to induce sleep but I'm going to start trying to move ds in there after he falls asleep for his nap. SIL is also going to lend us her crib since her son is now in a toddler bed. I think this will work better for naps. I'm happy about this since if it doesn't work we've not wasted any $$ and also don't have to worry about fumes from a new one etc.

The crawling continues. Ds has such a graceful little crawl. I to watch him. He's very interested in the computer and likes to crawl over and put his small hands all over the screen and keyboard. Various sites come up, maybe he'll order some diapers by mistake one day . Anyway I know most of you moms are done with the amazement of crawling since alot of yours started early but I'm still in the awe phase. And so is he I think.
#644 of 649 Old 10-18-2003, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

my dd's first birthday is nov 5th...she might be among the oldest of the bunch.

i like to of ya'll as my playgroup. i love hearing about all your kids and how you all are doing.

i too vote on starting a new thread after the start of the new year. someone should probably start a new thread here as we are on 22 pages or something crazy like that!

my dd is sleeping like a babe in her crib. she is happy and ALMOST walking. very fun.

what are you ladies doing for your babes birthdays? gifts? cakes?

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#645 of 649 Old 10-19-2003, 12:33 AM

solsticemama- Zach just started crawling on 10/11, so it is new to me too! He just giggles at himself when he crawls into his room, or my room, or when he goes from the carpet to the tile in the kitchen. He is so proud of himself, and very excited to explore. I don't think he was mentally ready for exploring quite yet, that's why it took so long for him to crawl. Now he loves it!

I can not start thinking of my baby as a toddler!!! No way, I will not do it. Not until he's about 5 or so...

#646 of 649 Old 10-19-2003, 01:53 AM

well, reed just stopped being a baby since turning five

i have a multitasker. the other day ruby was trying to crack a pecan in a pecan cracker on a chair while standing on a sit and spin, taking steps slow like a treadmill. let's just say i will have a lot more messes to clean up with this one i can barely catch up with her now.
#647 of 649 Old 10-19-2003, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ava is talking!!

She just exploded this week. She said Madeline (Mala), Mommy, Daddy, and "Hi Baby!" which I thinks she assumes is just a generic greeting since it is the first thing everyone says when she walks in the rrom. It must be nice to be the baby of the family.

And she walked!! My dh came hjome from a week and a half long business trip and said "I bet she is so excited to see that she will walk to me" I made fun of him a little assured him she was no where near walking (she wil not move her feet for anything) and before I was done calling himi a doofus she took three very steady steps toward him and smiled a great big smile much to my chagrin. hasn't done it since but none the less

We are staring night weaning tonight. She has gone from taking great naps and waking once a night as a newborn to waking every hour on the hour and refusing to sleep until I nurse her. Also this is obiously keeping her from napping well. So tonight we are starting. Wish us luck. Dh is on board today. we will see where he is by the end of the week (hopefully we will be done by then.) I have read the no cry sleep solution but I am a pull the bandaid off all at once type of gal. It is going to suck for everyone for about a week (although she will obviously do things for dad that she won't do for me : ) but I think that is better than dragging it out over months. So anyway, I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Oh my gosh! We are going to start having first birthdays in a couple of weeks. Whose babies are going to be one first?

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#648 of 649 Old 10-19-2003, 09:04 PM

My baby is one of the last to turn 1, thank goodness. I've been wondering about a birthday cake. I don't want her to have one. She's JUST started solids, and we're going slowly, so I don't think we'll have reached the baked goods level in 2 months. Being a vegetarian, I'm prepared for the arguements, but I wonder if I could find a substitute. What do you think?

Oh my goodness, everyone's talking and walking and crawling and multitasking! Is mine the only one that is still consistently shaking her head "no" to everything?

Good luck on the night weaning. DD is also up every hour all night. It's tough.

Whoops, I dropped the ball and posted here instead of starting a new thread. I'm going to start a new one NOW.
#649 of 649 Old 10-22-2003, 01:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Both of my older children slept through thier birthday parties so cake was a moot point. When they finally did wake they each took about one bite, gagged and moved on to other things.

the night weaning is going swell. Between the hours of midnight and 5AM dh takes over. Last night she fussed for about 2 minutes and went back to sleep. So hopefully tonight won't be any worse and by the end of the week she will sleeping through the night. It is hard to say what effectt his is having on her daytime sleep as my older shildren will never let her freaking rest!!!!! does anyone else have this problem. My first was a great napper so I totally value nap time. They just always alwayas wake her up. sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally.its driving me crazy!!

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page