July 2006 Mamas & Babes - Nov thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1077 Old 11-02-2006, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
2. I truly feel that DS is the child that was sent to me to heal my old wounds.
3. DH doesn't know it, but I think he is a nicest,smartest and most giving person I know of. Seriously, how many men do you know of that would take in their wife's younger siblings(with disabilities) and adopt them after their mom died?
Wow...
#62 of 1077 Old 11-02-2006, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post
Here's Seth in his Pumpkin Halloween costume (I made it!):
http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...76/t_=59372176
SUPER CUTE! You are talented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
My four things:

1. DH and I flipped for last names at our wedding ceremony and I won! He took my last name.
I wish I could speak in public without the intense fear of a 1000 suns. OK that didn't make sense but you know what I mean. I love what you did with names. What did your family/friends think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather_in_LasVega View Post
4. Having children was a "now or never" deal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
Four Things:

3) I don't like co-sleeping. At all.
I didn't like it when ds1 was a baby and I'm not fond of t now (you've seen my complaints about the whole crook-of-the-arm thing). But once ds1 grew out of that, I loved it. I couldn't bear to sleep away from him. I loved the smiles and kisses first thing in the morning! He slept with us until he was 5. He only left because I transitioned him out slowly to make room for the new baby (we did it well in advance so he didn't associate it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
thanks for the link for babylegs - I already made some!: http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...cdate=20061101
PAvlina - adorable Baby Legs!! My sister met her dh on the internet too! They've been together 9 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenEMT View Post
I love reading all of these. All the dressed-up little ones are SO cute!

Here is the link to our Halloween pics. I am slacking this year - usually we do a family theme, but I was feeling bad about myself weight wise and did not want to dress up this year
http://velocycle.smugmug.com/gallery/2075762
Seriously cute kids and costumes! I think you look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post

5) I had liposuction on my a$$.
Interesting!!!

Quote:
How's this for Random?

1. I'm secretly in love with James Taylor(yes I know...he's old enough to be my dad)
3. DH doesn't know it, but I think he is a nicest,smartest and most giving person I know of. Seriously, how many men do you know of that would take in their wife's younger siblings(with disabilities) and adopt them after their mom died?
4.My all time favorite book is "Where the Red Fern Grows."
Ditto about James Taylor. I think he is sexy! Also - you should tell that to dh! Why doesn't he know?

Maria/Jessica - OMG I love that Quote+ Button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimya - Panda is a doll! I liked your art - you are so creative. I saved your dh's site to check out later!
#63 of 1077 Old 11-02-2006, 10:48 PM

Here's a picture of Andrew. Red Oak Momma took the picture. She is really talented!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...27Andrewbw.jpg

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#64 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 12:06 AM

Today, dd3 just couldn't stop talking/babbling. It was soooo cute. I would talk to her and then she would just talk some more.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#65 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Today, dd3 just couldn't stop talking/babbling. It was soooo cute. I would talk to her and then she would just talk some more.

That's really cute! DS is doing the same thing. We took the kids to Friendly's for dinner tonight. He was on my lap and getting fussy. I sat him on the table facing me and was talking to him. He started talking/babbling back at me. He got so excited, he was SQUEALING so loud he attracted the attention of people sitting around us. They all though he was adorable! (which, of course, he is) : I love that babbling stage!
#66 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 01:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Here's a picture of Andrew. Red Oak Momma took the picture. She is really talented!

Beautiful! The pic and the baby!

Today was a busy day. Went to an LLL meeting that I sadly cannot stay for the entire time ever since ds has been in 1/2 day kindergarten. I have been involved with LLL in three different cities over the last five years and it's hard to not be there.

I think I'll say goodnight. I should be sleeping. I am so exhausted. I keep telling myself "dishes can wait". Good thing dishes don't get impatient.
#67 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Maria, the heads up on the middle quote key has completely changed my world here on mdc. yay! Thanks for that.
I can't take credit for the heads up; that was Miss J. But I think it's wonderful, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post
4. Panda has been to more concerts that I went to in the first 18 years of my life. She has seen...
-The Mountain Goats
-Langhorne Slim
-Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players
-Captain Chaos
-Ghost Mice
-Matty Popchart (twice)
-Adam Green
-Jeffrey Lewis
-Ghost Mice
-Gina Young
-me
-DH http://www.myspace.com/angelospencer
-Only Son
-Regina Spektor (twice)
-Calvin Johnson
-Yonantan Gat
-Dashel Schuler
and we might go see The Indigo Girls this Sunday!!! My friend Bitch is opening for them and can possibly get us in for free. I can't justify paying for big shows when there is a chance I will spend a lot of time pacing and bouncing in the lobby.
Wow, that's impressive! (BTW, I love Regina Spektor.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigress View Post
(lwab can be a big & scary place!)
Welcome, Jillian!

Quote:
maria~ if you need any help with french, let me know. it will be my pleasure to help.
Thank you! I will almost certainly take you up on that. I already had to ask for help with things like Peekaboo. (And, quite frankly, "Cou cou! Me voilà!" is not exactly a direct translation, so how are you expected to know that if it isn't your mother tongue? : )

Quote:
4.My all time favorite book is "Where the Red Fern Grows."
3. Why doesn't he know it? That would be the kind of thing I'd tell my DH so many times he'd have to beg me to stop repeating myself.
4. I love that book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post
I love what you did with names. What did your family/friends think?
Thanks! Most of them thought it was funny/cool/weird. A few elderly relatives (mine) were not fans but for the most part, everyone had fun with it. We flipped frisbees (we met playing ultimate) at the ceremony after the declaration. After they fell, I raised my arms in triumph -- everyone laughed.

Quote:
Oh my goodness, that is a gorgeous photo of a gorgeous baby!

Quote:
That's so fun! DS doesn't talk much, but he tries to sing along when we sing to him. It's pee-your-pants cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
I keep telling myself "dishes can wait". Good thing dishes don't get impatient.
I took photos today to immortalize the fact that DH and I are spending time with DS at the expense of housework: squalor 1, squalor 2, squalor 3.

Hey writermommy, you're one post away from 1000!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#68 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 04:04 AM

I lurk here often and I think I posted last month sometime. Hmmm four things...

1. I am an elementary school teacher and a workaholic, but I hate being around the house because I lack work ethic when it comes to housework and always feel guilty when I am not getting enough done(I like the long hours "excuse"). On that note - I don't go back to work until Jayden is 13 months old and I wouldn't give up any of this time with her for anything!!

2. I took Jayden to be weighed today and stumbled upon a nursing mother's group - it made my day, I miss social interaction!

3. I used to be a big hater of pink and all things "girly", but now that I have a daughter I find myself buying everything pink and getting excited about dressing her up.

4. I spent all of March Break last year (while I was 6 months pregnant) preparing a nursery and moving our bedroom upstairs to be closer to the baby - little did I know there was no chance I would be letting that baby out of my room! The nursery is a change room/clothes hamper and the crib is attached to my bed where I can hold DD's hand while she goes to sleep. I would love to try co-sleeping at some point, but this works well for us right now and the dog doesn't lose her spot in the bed
(the cat on the otherhand was booted out long ago - poor thing!).

Some Halloween Pics (had to include one of the dog - she was too funny):
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...ber31st114.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...ber31st108.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...ber31st088.jpg
#69 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 06:16 AM

Great pics! Can't keep up with everyone so general to all...

my 4 things...um...

1 - how dh and I met - it was at a time I used to stay in Krakow for months at a time then go back to the UK to work. Dh was visiting his sister in Krakow and her friend (a friend of mine) had a photo of me at a new years party that he'd just got developed. It fell on the table in the cafe and dh started yelling 'that's my twin soul! give me her address!' he wrote to me in england and we corresponded for nine months before meeting -after which dd came along quite swiftly!

2- dd2, Daisy, has a 'mongolian blue spot' on her bum!

3- I'm attempting to apply to do a phD on a topic to do with therapy and buddhism and 'no self' - it's taken me a month so far to not finish filling in the form...

4 -I love long nursing sessions - use them as an excuse for reading harry potter and eating piles of mint chocolate...

We're bilingual here, I try to stick to English (certainly always read English books) with the children but basically we speak an absolute hybrid within the house, swapping over several times within sentences! DD1 doesn't get confused outside the house with people who only speak one of the languages (Polish or English). Other people get confused when they visit us
#70 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Wow, that's gorgeous. What a cutie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
2- dd2, Daisy, has a 'mongolian blue spot' on her bum!
3- I'm attempting to apply to do a phD on a topic to do with therapy and buddhism and 'no self' - it's taken me a month so far to not finish filling in the form...
4 -I love long nursing sessions - use them as an excuse for reading harry potter and eating piles of mint chocolate...
What's a Mongolian Blue Spot?
Yay for PhDs. Very interesting topic, too!
I use long nursing sessions to watch thed HP movies, having read all the books at least twice. Of course I can't do that every day, just occasional Fridays, but I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadateacher View Post
I lurk here often and I think I posted last month sometime.
Hi!! Love the pics - too too sweet!

So much to say, but I have all three kiddos all day (Tanya how do you manage this every day???) and it's time to make the eggs...back later for our updates.
#71 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Hey writermommy, you're one post away from 1000!
Yep, Here it is!! 1000 posts! I wanted number 1000 to be in our DDC.

#72 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I took photos today to immortalize the fact that DH and I are spending time with DS at the expense of housework: [/URL].
Hmm. I think I've got you beat, but i don't want a pic to remind me
Dishes got done this morning....what fit in the dishwasher, that is...I've let a lot go so that I can work on getting ready fo a garage sale a friend and I are having in a week. We really need the extra funds, and the more I get rid of then the less I have to clean up.

Quote:
1 - how dh and I met - it was at a time I used to stay in Krakow for months at a time then go back to the UK to work. Dh was visiting his sister in Krakow and her friend (a friend of mine) had a photo of me at a new years party that he'd just got developed. It fell on the table in the cafe and dh started yelling 'that's my twin soul! give me her address!' he wrote to me in england and we corresponded for nine months before meeting -after which dd came along quite swiftly!
I loved reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Tanya how do you manage this every day???
I dunno. If you figure it out, please share : I guess I only do what I can and try to remember that the kids are more important than a perfectly in-order home. Flylady's book helped me a lot with keeping it under control. Sometimes, though, the kids alone are enough to make me :

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermommy View Post
When I get there I planned the same thing. : for you!!
#73 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Awwww....way too cute!!!!

Quote:
I took photos today to immortalize the fact that DH and I are spending time with DS at the expense of housework:
Are you sure those weren't taken in my house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadateacher View Post
Awww, more cuteness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermommy View Post
Congrats!

Here are some pics of Nathan on Halloween:
http://tinyurl.com/zgcqh
#74 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Thank you! I will almost certainly take you up on that. I already had to ask for help with things like Peekaboo. (And, quite frankly, "Cou cou! Me voilà!" is not exactly a direct translation, so how are you expected to know that if it isn't your mother tongue? : )
It's hard sometimes but funny to translate it word for words.

Here a cute way to play with your child:

Have your child facing you.

say: Tap, Tap, Tap (tap his hands together)
say: Pick, pick pick (take his indexfinger and pick the inside of his other hand)
say: roule, roule, roule (rolling his hands around/like the "wheels on the bus..." song)
say: cache cache(hide his eyes with his hands) coucou (take the hands away from the eyes and do a big smile at him)

All my girls just love doing this. dd1 and dd2 would have a big smile and then would laugh at me when i did coucou. Hope you like it.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#75 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 05:57 PM

my kitchen sink is broken and my dishwasher drain into my sink, so i'm washing dishes on the kitchen floor w/DD1 in a little bucket!!

needless to say we're ordering take out tonight.

today DD1 was hiding behind the banister, jumping out and yelling boo at her brother in the bouncy seat. he would startle and then shreik and giggle with delight. they did this for an hour. soooo cute.

i've had a rough few days w/ the kids but i started wearing the bracelet i made from our bead swap and everytime i look at it i know i'm not alone. that there are other mother across the world struggling to do the best they can for their lovies too. it gives me strength in moments of weakness. just want you ladies to know.

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
#76 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 06:07 PM

Hugs Kate. take one day at the time. That's what i do.

#77 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeMummytoLore View Post
i've had a rough few days w/ the kids but i started wearing the bracelet i made from our bead swap and everytime i look at it i know i'm not alone.
:
I am so going to do that.

:guh to your kitchen sink. Take pics of your dd and the bucket!
#78 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 09:00 PM

Quote:
i've had a rough few days w/ the kids but i started wearing the bracelet i made from our bead swap and everytime i look at it i know i'm not alone.
s I really regret not participating in the swap!

AUNT FLO came last night!! I thought it might be a fluke or some spotting (that happened before around 8 weeks) but so far I am still bleeding. Not even remotely heavy but wow. I can't believe it. WIth ds1, it didn't come back for 9 months. This time I have a baby nursing AROUND THE CLOCK every 2 hours and it comes back??? I really, really, really hope this means sex will be better like last time!!! Of course, this little guy needs to sleep for that to happen anyway....:
#79 of 1077 Old 11-03-2006, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I was thinking this myself.

:guh's all around! I know how good they feel. Was talking to a lady working at Walmart Wed night after I picked up a prescription (: but we can't afford to make a statement right now). She was eyeing the adorable fat baby in my sling and she told me I was beautiful. I was thinking "you must be nuts because it's been two days since I had a shower." I told her thank you and that I needed that and she was about to make me cry. Then she hugged me.

Hugs are so not overrated.

Sorry about AF, Cori. I had a similar experience w/#2. No AF for 12 months with #1, then with #2 it comes back at 8 weeks (which I also thought was a fluke), and again at 4 months. I'm hoping for a repeat of #1, but not holding my breath.

Thinks like broken sinks just make us more thankful for modern conveniences, don't they? And here I was complaining that I had two dishwasher loads of dishes to do today. They got done, but now there's another load from dinner calling my name.
#80 of 1077 Old 11-04-2006, 01:12 AM

Quote:
my kitchen sink is broken and my dishwasher drain into my sink, so i'm washing dishes on the kitchen floor w/DD1 in a little bucket!!

needless to say we're ordering take out tonight.

today DD1 was hiding behind the banister, jumping out and yelling boo at her brother in the bouncy seat. he would startle and then shreik and giggle with delight. they did this for an hour. soooo cute.

i've had a rough few days w/ the kids but i started wearing the bracelet i made from our bead swap and everytime i look at it i know i'm not alone. that there are other mother across the world struggling to do the best they can for their lovies too. it gives me strength in moments of weakness. just want you ladies to know.
:

That is so cool. I wish I could have participated in the bead swap.

Quote:

AUNT FLO came last night!! I thought it might be a fluke or some spotting (that happened before around 8 weeks) but so far I am still bleeding. Not even remotely heavy but wow. I can't believe it. WIth ds1, it didn't come back for 9 months. This time I have a baby nursing AROUND THE CLOCK every 2 hours and it comes back??? I really, really, really hope this means sex will be better like last time!!! Of course, this little guy needs to sleep for that to happen anyway....:
Bummer, but thumbs up for better sex!

I just got an awesome nursing necklace from one of the mom's on here, and DD loves it! She plays with it nonstop and it's kept her from clawing at my chest so much.

Anyone else sitting their baby in a highchair or similair thing to the table yet? I am thinking about getting an Ikea high chair so that DD can sit at the table in her own seat, and not just on our laps. She loves to be part of dinner, and I don't want her grabbing at hot food anymore (we are NOT doing solids yet, she is only 4 months old!).
#81 of 1077 Old 11-04-2006, 08:38 AM

the first years has a "3 stage feeding seat" that we use. it can recline a little like their bouncy seats so they aren't all the way upright yet and it just attaches to your dining room chair so it doesn't take up nearly as much room as a high chair. (an issue when you have two babies and a tiny dining room)

still bucket washing.....

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
#82 of 1077 Old 11-04-2006, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post

What's a Mongolian Blue Spot?
when she was a few weeks old i noticed it looked as if she'd been smeared all over her bum with newsprint, grey-blue...i thought it must be my imagination, then eventually phoned the health visitor and tried to describe it feeling pretty stupid, she shrieked 'mongolian blue spot!!' turns out it's very common in asian babies, quite harmless, but the juries out on whether it disappears or not - poor girl i hope it does, it's funny now, but later...:
i don't know my father so i have a whole asian side i don't know about, this is a nice reminder...
#83 of 1077 Old 11-04-2006, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

Hugs are so not overrated.
I love this! And thanks for your comment on mine and dh's story. Three - you are truly amazing

pi - if that's squalor 1 2 and 3 I may be on squalor 27!!

cori, fingers crossed for the better sex...i'm hoping it works that way myself,no sign yet though and last time i waited 8 months...

and everyone's babies, as usual, a real treat to behold....

it's snowing here. that's the colours turned off for 5 months.
#84 of 1077 Old 11-04-2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
WHat an awesome story!

Quote:
Anyone else sitting their baby in a highchair or similair thing to the table yet?
Not yet but we're ready. I've been putting him in the bouncer in the middle of the table because he loves to watch everybody but he takes up the whole thing. The highchair would be a much better idea!!! We also have one of those portable seats that I could set up as well - time to hit the attic.

Tanya - yeah, hugs are not overrated!! What a nice lady you met in the store!!

As for AF, well now I"m not sure??? I woke up this morning and it is gone - so far. Guess we'll see what happens...
#85 of 1077 Old 11-04-2006, 10:28 AM

Can someone please explain to me what it is about weekends that makes my kids get up before the sun? Seriously, every day this week was a struggle to get them out of bed at 7:15 to go to school. Today, when I'd LOVE for them to sleep in until 8:00, DD1 is up at 6:15 and DD2 at 6:45.

Why, universe, why???? (wail)

To top it off, the baby is still sleeping.
Ah, well, the older two are staying over at their grandma's tonight.
#86 of 1077 Old 11-04-2006, 10:44 AM

god bless grandmas!!
#87 of 1077 Old 11-04-2006, 11:27 AM

my baby has her first ever cold and I have it with her. Anyone got any tips?
#88 of 1077 Old 11-04-2006, 11:34 AM

Quote:
my baby has her first ever cold and I have it with her. Anyone got any tips?
For her, just nurse as much as you can. If her nose is stuffy and it's making it hard for her to nurse, you can drip some BM in her nose. She'll hate it but it'll help clear the snot. You can also use saline, but I think BM is gentler. For you, get as much rest as you can and tank up on the Vit. C. Otherwise, just take care of yourselves!

Anybody seen Quagmire?
#89 of 1077 Old 11-04-2006, 11:42 AM

have you ever used a humidifier?

No I haven't seen quagmire.....wonder where she has gone?
#90 of 1077 Old 11-04-2006, 11:49 AM

jess, love your new sig!!! so sorry everybody got up early. yay for goin to gramma's!!!

1 hannd to type so brief is the word.

we have colds here too. i suck the snot from her nose with my mouth (yes, eeew) and it's fast & highly effective.

sarenka--colors turned off--i can loan you some.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page