July 2006 Mamas & Babes - Nov thread - Page 36 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1051 of 1077 Old 11-30-2006, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
kimya~ She's adorable. DD3 is like a doll, she can't sit up yet. Or when she does, she goes lower, lower in front until her head is touching the floor.
: seth too. just got back from new doc-seth is 15.7 # and 26.5 inches (only 4 inches shorter than big brother).

oops, gotta run, babe...

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#1052 of 1077 Old 11-30-2006, 07:30 PM

Victory Is Mine

You would not believe what I just went through. All this Christmas music talk made me want to listen to the Barenaked Ladies Holiday album. So I went to the rack where we keep the CDs - not there. Hmm. Look again. Not there. Hmm. There really isn't anywhere else we would keep something like this. I check the CD rack again, and I see that all of our other holiday albums are appropriately filed in alphabetical order (this is DH's thing, and I just pretend they are in there randomly because his alphabetization scheme is so truly bizarre). But anyway all the holiday music is there, it's not hiding in the basement. I check the stacks of CD cases that aren't in the rack. I'm starting to obsess. I call DH, he says he's sure he saw it recently while looking for something else. Says it definitely is not in his car. But I can't find it anywhere. I scoured the "guest room" aka "random stuff repository" where we used to keep the CDs. Not there. (Plenty of interesting stuff in there, though - note to self, go through that room next time you have some "free time".) At this point, I am on a serious mission. I go through every single CD, open each case, file them alphabetically by DH's scheme. The good news is that our CDs are much more organized than they were. But I STILL CAN'T FIND IT. Finally in desperation, I go out to the van, knowing it isn't there because we took all the non-kid CD's out of there long ago. But I am obsessed, I have to look. I check under the seat, not there. Check the other CD-hiding location, as I suspected, there are two cases there, both toddler songs. I opened "Toddler Favorites" and FOUND THE CD I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!! In the car, in the wrong case?

But I still haven't seen the jewel case.

Thanks for listening. Now I have to go tend to the kids I've ignored for the last hour while searching.
#1053 of 1077 Old 11-30-2006, 07:41 PM

Quote:
She's turning 4yrs old on Saturday. :
Oh, give her a big hug for me will you? Emma would have been 4 on December 15. tell me what kind of things she's doing now, will you?

MissJuice - hilarious! I have those kind of things happen around here all the time. Right now we are all searching for dh's winter gloves and hat. We can not find them for the life of us...it is infuriating! :

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#1054 of 1077 Old 11-30-2006, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ya'll have been busy chatting it up today. I had to take ds to the dentist. He has a cavity. He sat for xrays and thankfully it's just one. We have an appointment for a stainless crown at the end of January. That gives me plenty of time to research and decide if that's what I want to do. I really liked this pediatric dentist. He was very cool with the kids. It sucks that it got so bad in such a short time. He had his teeth cleaned five months ago! They said it started between the teeth and then caved in, so that's why it looks so awful. At least it's a baby tooth and won't be a permanent crown.

I missed out on the music discussion. I haven't bought a new cd in ages. I either listen to the radio or online. I like nearly any kind of music. I grew up in the south, so of course country has always been a favorite since high school. Then we can't forget the 80s music. Lately I really enjoy alternative Christian music. I need all the inspiration I can get. When I was a kid, my dad always played in different bands. He played guitar. So there was always music playing in the house. Then we lived in Indianapolis when MTV came out and it was one of the first cities to have it. So I'd come home from Brownies meetings and turn on MTV. Yeah, in elementary school Now I wouldn't let my elementary school aged kids come within a 100 mile radius of MTV. Gosh I'm old.

As far as our retreat goes, family could come. I imagine my dh would pout a lot if I tried to go alone So long as we have some girls nights out. Maybe even a slumber party .

ETA: Juice, I just saw your post and thought my message needed one more
#1055 of 1077 Old 11-30-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Victory Is Mine

- note to self, go through that room next time you have some "free time".)

Now I have to go tend to the kids I've ignored for the last hour while searching.
The above made me giggle. I am so glad you found it! It's always in the last place you look.

"free time" is worthy of quotation marks.
#1056 of 1077 Old 11-30-2006, 10:41 PM

Quote:
kimya~ She's adorable. DD3 is like a doll, she can't sit up yet. Or when she does, she goes lower, lower in front until her head is touching the floor.
Aidan does the lower and lower things too after a while! He is always grabbing at his feet too which doesn't help! Happy birthday to your dd! Glad you didn't forget...

Jessica - great story! So glad you found it!

Tanya - when we were kids, MTV actually had *videos*.
#1057 of 1077 Old 11-30-2006, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr View Post
Oh, give her a big hug for me will you? Emma would have been 4 on December 15. tell me what kind of things she's doing now, will you?
: I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure it's not easy seeing her b-day coming soon.

Here is what i wrote on one of my boards about dd1's coming b-day.

Quote:
DD1's birthday. I can't beleive that she will be 4 yrs old. She's no longer my baby.

She's a sweet child, lovely spirit. She's sensitive, caring, loves to laugh, shy with stranger but warm up real fast(too fast for me). She loves to ask questions now that she can speak more, using her words. She loves to tease too and bug her sister. She loves cuddles, hugs and kisses. She'll help when we ask her to. She also gets easily distracted. That can drive me batty at times. She is also becoming more independant as time goes by.

She loves being with her sisters. She takes care of them when we ask her to and sometimes even if we didn't ask. She loves being with her gramma.

Her favorite food are spaghetti, pizza, veggies and fruits. She mostly eat anything but in small quantities.

Just want to share this with you.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#1058 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 12:01 AM

Good god you ladies have been busy :

I have been busy with this:

: :tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post
My 3 1/2-year-old next door neighbor has a digital camera that he got from a garage sale for $1 (he's very proud of his purchase). Well, one morning after he'd woken up, he said to his mom, "this morning when I woke up, my *insert preferred name of male organ here* was big, so I took a picture. Sure enough, she looked on the camera and there was a picture of his whatnot! She immediately deleted it!
Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
....grown ups only!
I want to be irresponsible for the weekend retreat in my head.
Grown up girls... and wine! Lots of it. Mmmm wine...

So where's the party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS;6650323I took this video on my camera today (it does short recordings) of dd singing. Too cute, if I say so myself!

[url
So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homefrontgirl View Post
Hello July mommies, can I join your group? I just found MDC a few months ago and don't post much, but I had my ds in July and this looks like a fun group. Anyway, a brief intro: DS is my first and he was born on July 30 of this year and was a week overdue. He weighed 8.5 lbs and now weighs around 15, we think. I teach school and took the first 5 weeks off and now my dh (who had more sick leave built up) will be staying home until March. I bf and am loving it even though it makes me a tired mama! So that's a little bit about me. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
I would just like to let Beth know that the secret password for our club is:

penis.

Don't tell anyone I told you.

And the secret handshake is, well, hard to describe but imagine the secret password and you might get an idea.

: : : : : : : : :

Whew... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
so mamas. what's your favorite winter/holiday/solstice/xmas music? I just discovered the james taylor xmas and it's nice.
Nutcracker = Christmas to me. It was always just my mom and I and it was kind of a small event, so to jolly up the holidays we'd go see a matinee of the Nutcracker, and then go have a nice dinner

Also *loving* Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Very awesome classical music with a touch of rock. It's very christmasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
Recovering from a scary low blood sugar this morning. (Same level for which DH called the paramedics around this time last year. This time I was more or less conscious so he spoon-fed me honey.) He took the morning off because I couldn't move my legs for a while and therefore was not a great person to be caring for DS. Bleh.
Glad you are ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
"cracked the good book"
I didn't get that reference until I read this! tired brain

Quote:
K is taking mostly reaaallly short naps and wakes up unrested and high-maintenance until his next nap, repeat repeat. :

Also, someone please help me with ideas- he is just like my 2nd baby: absolutely cannot nurse when we're out of the house. he is SO distracted, but will be fussy and fidgety because he's hungry/tired. He naps too frequently to start staying home for "naptime," so what to do? I'm not actually going to do it, but I find myself wishing I could give him solids so he could get a belly full when we're out. I guess I could try breastmilk in a sippy or something.
Right there with you. I've starting nursing Rachel in the sling and/or throwing something over her head while she's nursing. I feel like the worst lactivist but she is sooooooooooo nosy and I just can't deal with the constant popping off or worse yet, craning her neck around to see various things well still latched (can we say The Incredible Stretchable Nipple?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr
Ok, here is a question...anyone else have a very sassy 2.5 year old (or experience with it?). Ds is driving me INSANE!!! he is just so sassy and not nice to me, dh or dd. I try to model the behavior that I expect from him, but he throws the biggest tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants. He talks really well, so I always understand him and what he wants. He is just very headstrong and very active. I don't have time to read the "Raising Your Spirited Child" book...I don't know that anyone with a spirited child has time to read this book (or any book for that reason...including the good book
Anyway, I'll take any suggestions...(
Congrats on your DH's job!!!

I too have a VERY sassy almost-three-year-old. ARGH!
We are having a rough couple of weeks here, complete with potty regression. My main objective is to NOT YELL. Spanking is totally off the list but for some reason yelling seems to happen quite frequently : I find the more we yell/ send DD to her room the less cooperative she is. When I give her time, accomodate her a little, try to find mutually agreeable solutions, and most of all, stay calm... she does so much better. Any anger on our part just seems to feed the tantrum. Anyway s and :guhs to you, I am just trying to take this day by day.
#1059 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 12:05 AM

Quote:
#1060 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 12:27 AM

How about the question for the wk??

In which Time Zone are you in??

I'm in EST. So right now it's 10:27pm.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#1061 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 12:36 AM

Quote:
How about the question for the wk??

I'm in EST. So right now it's 10:27pm.
I'm in Mountain, so it is 8:36pm right now. However, I grew up and spent the majority of my life in Central, so I still think in CST

#1062 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 12:39 AM

Quote:
The sippy cup might work. At least he won't be hungry. You might try tanking him up in the car before you go inside. This only works if you are not like me. I only have enough time to get somewhere on time, and that's not a guarantee either.
well, that's usually true for me. Last night I tried taking him OUT to the car for a nurse but he was more interested in the sign on the side of the restaurant. Sigh....

In interesting (but very odd) news, K has been getting sleepy and not dropping off at the breast, fidgeting etc, so I've been putting him on the bed with a pacifier and going to the next room to watch tv and see what he does. Well, he goes to sleep! WTH? We'll see if this lasts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post
I don't know why, but that line just totally cracked me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That cracked me up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post
Look what we have here this morning!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujP2miBnJHU

It looks like she is riding a bucking bronco!
omg, so adorable. Love those hanna zippies too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post
Just PM me your address and I will send you a cd! That is good to know that Nathan is sitting too! I was wondering if Panda's diaper was just acting like a big cotton bumbo seat!!!
Um, Kimya, I just looked at Panda's pic in your sig, and omg, what a sweet face. Furthermore, you have the coolest tattoos I've ever seen.

Quote:
I don't know what you can do. I have dd3 on a routine that i know when she's hungry and then once she nursed we are off and about.
What about when you're out for longer than she goes between nursing? We definitely leave the house dry and fed, but that wears off...
#1063 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 12:44 AM

Quote:

What about when you're out for longer than she goes between nursing? We definitely leave the house dry and fed, but that wears off...
We are never out for more than 3hrs or so and she nurses about every 4hrs. :

#1064 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Emma would have been 4 on December 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
can we say The Incredible Stretchable Nipple?
Quagmire, the mighty master of the multi-quote with the Incredible Stretchable Nipple
DDDDC just waiting to happen

Way too much yelling going on here. Ds and I made a deal. He's going to be more respectful and I'm going to not yell.

Quote:
Central Time Zone. 12:05 am and was up naking and now heading to the bed. I'm so glad it is Friday!
#1065 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 03:10 AM

Hello again!

"I've been gone so long
that absolutely nothing has changed"

(Yuri Andrukovych poem, my translation!)

I've been in allergy hell, not a wink of sleep all night for 7 nights, unbearable itching. now dr is suggesting a break to take medication. I'm carrying on trying everything under the sun. Refuse to do that!

for now just hi to all, maria, hope you're feeling well again now, sounds scary...
#1066 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 03:14 AM

Do you know what the name of the medication is? I can look and see if it's in my Medications and Mothers Milk book. Every nursing mother should have this book, or at least know someone who does.
#1067 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 03:15 AM

Hey ladies, what kind of diaper bags are you carrying? Anybody got a great cheapy diaper bag they can recommend? I need something. I am carrying around the hospital freeby. I tried my dh's messenger style napsack. It's great for carrying, but stinks getting stuff in and out.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#1068 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter
~pi

Quote:
: And then he topples over to one side or the other. I shouldn't laugh, but it's really funny and cute.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Nutcracker = Christmas to me. It was always just my mom and I and it was kind of a small event, so to jolly up the holidays we'd go see a matinee of the Nutcracker, and then go have a nice dinner
I the Nutcracker. I used to go every year for my birthday. The National Ballet of Canada's resident choreographer (James Kudelka) does a really nice job of the Nutcracker -- it's even more fun and colourful than the versions I remember from my childhood. Since DH falls asleep at the ballet, I tend to go less often now, though. It's a lot of money to spend on a nap. (In his defense, they do have very comfortable seats.)

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#1069 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Hey ladies, what kind of diaper bags are you carrying? Anybody got a great cheapy diaper bag they can recommend? I need something. I am carrying around the hospital freeby. I tried my dh's messenger style napsack. It's great for carrying, but stinks getting stuff in and out.
Giant backpack. At least three sections - big section, change of clothes and diapers. Middle section, my stuff plus important smaller things like paci and bibs. Small section, wallet, camera, phone, keys, lip balm blah blah blah...
#1070 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
~pi

It's December! : (I love December.)

Does someone want to start a new thread (and link to it here so everyone can find it)?

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#1071 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 10:08 AM

Amy's starting to keep up, but I'm getting swamped!!

Quote:
Way too much yelling going on here. Ds and I made a deal. He's going to be more respectful and I'm going to not yell.
I did this very thing with DD1, and it actually worked. When things would start to get difficult, I could remind DD that I was working on not yelling and I needed her to work on listening/responding/doing whatever. Sometimes it still is tough, but it's really made a difference. I think she appreciates the "team effort" and it helps calm both of us down. Keep us posted!

Eastern time zone here, too...

Sarenka I am so so sorry you're having such a difficult time.
ggotta runnn
#1072 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
MissJuice - hilarious! I have those kind of things happen around here all the time. Right now we are all searching for dh's winter gloves and hat. We can not find them for the life of us...it is infuriating! :
We have a bunch of single gloves from the kids last winter! I have no idea where the matches could be. I've given up looking for the missing ones and I think we'll just dig out the craft supplies and have fun making glove puppets.
#1073 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post
Nope, Nathan is sitting a lot too. We use sposies :

He looked like he was trying to crawl last night!! Nooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm not ready....ds1 was 10 months old. Hope it was a fluke!

I LOVE that you use sposies, Cori. I don't feel so alone using them too! Logan has been scooting off his baby gym and rolling like crazy! He doesn't stay put at all anymore.

Kimya, I'd love a CD too, if you don't mind. I'd love to have something to listen to other than Hillary Duff and Silly Songs!
#1074 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 10:22 AM

[QUOTE=~pi;6662857
I the Nutcracker. I used to go every year for my birthday. The National Ballet of Canada's resident choreographer (James Kudelka) does a really nice job of the Nutcracker -- it's even more fun and colourful than the versions I remember from my childhood. Since DH falls asleep at the ballet, I tend to go less often now, though. It's a lot of money to spend on a nap. (In his defense, they do have very comfortable seats.)[/QUOTE]

I love the Nutcracker too. My girls' Brownies troop leader got all of us free tickets to see it on Dec 10. Logan will be staying with daddy and I'll take the three girls to see it. We can't wait!
#1075 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 11:19 AM

#1076 of 1077 Old 12-01-2006, 11:35 AM

I'm not even going to attempt to catch up! It seems like when I'm able to be online, no one else is, but when I'm away everyone sneaks on and writes a book.

Christmas to me is the Nutcracker too! I grew up taking ballet classes and I was in it twice. DH even likes to go to it! Can you believe he likes ballet, classical music, and musicals (and isn't gay! ). I also love Christmas hymns ... at midnight mass (and yes, I really mean church!).

Maria, how are you recovering from your low blood sugar attack? Sounds scary. I'm glad your DH was there to help you out.

Kim, to you, Emma, and the rest of your family. I think that losing a child would have to be one of the hardest things to have to get through.

I 2nd the backpack idea for a diaper bag ... so easy to carry too.

As for all this rolling over, sitting up, and other developmental milestones, I think DS is slow to catch on because he's so big. Should I be concerned that he doesn't roll over, he can't push his upper torso off the floor when he's on his belly, and he doesn't even beging to sit on his own? He's 5 months and 1 week old and weighs somewhere around 25 lbs ... yeah, he's big. I know babes develop at different rates, but DS seems a bit slower than most. Not that I'm in a hurry for DS to move!

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#1077 of 1077 Old 12-02-2006, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
My mil made me 2 great diaper bags. I don't need 2, why don't you pm me your info and I will send you the other one she made me. It is a black denim with green flannel inside with lambs on it. It's got 2 outside pockets, and a big inside pocket and 2 zippered pouches that you can take out if you need to. I love it so much. Very nice and quite fashionable too LMK

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page