July 2006 Mamas & Babes - Nov thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter
~pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope no one minds if I start this one. This is one of the questions I sent Amy (copied from the Get To Know You threads!)

Our babes are or are coming up on 4 months old. So, tell us 4 random things about you/your babe/your family that we might not otherwise know.

And for those who celebrate Hallowe'en, let's see some photos from last night!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#2 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter
~pi

Random things later.

For now, costume: DS was going to be a cow, but we had a last minute change of costume. Here is our rainbow with pot of gold.

#3 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 08:34 AM

Sabbath and pi - adorable babies/costumes! my pics are still ont he camera, LOL

Quag - Glad to hear things are improving!!! Yes, today is my first day back - thanks for thinking of me!

Laura - it was fun to read those stats!!
#4 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 08:50 AM

Have to share this...video of my ds giggling due to big bro being silly (chasing a balloon). Ds1 keeps repeating himself because he sees it is making ds2 laugh!

http://tinyurl.com/yxb7r2
#5 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
OMG. It's official. There is a July 2007 DDC.
Wow. I was busy getting pregnant one year ago today. So I guess it's a birthday in a way - well, not a birthday but a becoming day or something like that. Cool.

And how cool is it that you can quote other threads with the +quote button? I was going to reply to this on the other thread, and had started the multi-quote thing but then found the new thread (thanks Maria!) and it gave me the option to either keep the quote or ditch it. Neat.

Maria I love your rainbow, what a great idea!
Sabbath your monkey is too cute.

I meant to thank Laura for the stats earlier. Did I mention I birthed the burliest babe? (patting myself on the back right now)

I'll post pics of our mermaid, kitty cat, and little pumpkin in a bit - now I have to change a diaper, pack some lunches, and get my girls to school.
#6 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 10:38 AM

Maria, what a sweet rainbow, and he is HUGE! No worries about your milk, mama!

Mega sweet video of nathan!

We didn't do Halloween here, but today (at her school, dd1) the kids all dress up in costumes (a nod to halloween) while they make altars to dead people. Then they eat tamales and sweet bread. all over town there are elaborate altars. Quite beautiful.

Jessica, did YOU squeeze a 10 lb 9 oz punkin out of you? Jeezus! I am in awe. yet one more reason to hold you in high esteem.

Four things:

1) I teach and perform Bellydance (Tribal Style!)

2) Before I arrived in town, "dh" had a dream that I arrived at his house with two children--both girls, both blonde, about 2 years apart. This is all true!

3) I asked "dh" to live somewhere else a little over a year ago and we started getting along MUCH better. So much, in fact, that Amara was conceived...

4) Both girls were complete surprises. I thought I'd never have kids.
#7 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cute costumes! Mine are still on the camera, too, and I took only a million or so pics. Batman, Bumblebee and Bunny coming up for your enjoyment later today. My ds had a blast and my dd never walked so much! Babe slept in the sling cozy and warm.

Quag, I'm so glad the next day was better than the first day.

I'll check back in later! Hope everyone has a terrific day!
#8 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 11:14 AM

The babe Halloween pics are super cute! I'll try to post one of Seth later (when I get around to uploading pics!). Sabbath - that's one chunk of a monkey! Maria - what a fun costume! Was his pot of gold chocolate filled? Mmmmm chocolate. We got a total of one trick-or-treater, so I'm pigging out on candy now ... Snickers for breakfast, so very nutritious!

Cori - What a great video of Nathan. It is so random as to what Seth will laugh at, it is hard to get video footage of his giggles.

Jessica - I noticed you had the burliest babe when I was getting the stats together! Way to go. I can't imagine pushing out a babe that was over 3 lbs heavier than Seth ... that's a lot of baby weight!

Elsanne - Bellydancing is so much fun. I would enjoy taking another class sometime ... when I have time.

As for 4 things you may not know about me/babe/family:

1. I ran a half marathon a year before getting PG (and I haven't worked out much since! .

2. DS likes the stroller more than the sling, so I use it whenever we go out (don't tell the others on LWAB!).

3. I own 2 pairs of pleather pants! One pair was bought by my FIL!

4. When we first started dating, DH thought co-sleeping, CDing, and delayed vaxing were crazy ideas. He now wouldn't sleep any other way, really likes CDing, and he's now hoping Seth won't have to have any shots for a couple more years. He also is ok with BFing until 3 (but after that it's a bit weird ... looks like I have a few more years to turn him around on that one too ... if that's what Seth wants, that is!).

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#9 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 11:17 AM

1. i never thought i'd cosleep. now i can't imagine not having seth in bed beside me.
2. i can't imagine being a mom to a little girl.
3. even though i was so disappointed by having a c-section, deep down inside, throughout the whole pregnancy, i knew that's how things would end up. this makes me so scared of another pregnancy, ever.
4. we are living with dh's family since moving last month (while our house sells) and while i appreciate all the help and know "it takes a village," i feel so stupid for not being able to get through my day or a simple task (like putting both babies jackets on and into the stroller or slings for a walk) without help. i hate feeling so dependent. ugh.

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#10 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 11:20 AM

Here are some other stats that were requested. I originally didn't post them b/c, like Tanya said, it is fairly sensitive for some. But since others have asked, I'll go ahead and post them. So, here are the hosp/home/birth center stats as well as vag/c-sec stats for our DDC:

Hospital - 43 (52.5%)
Home - 34 (41.5%)
Birth Center - 5 (6%)

Vaginal - 65 (81%)
C-sec - 15 (19%)

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#11 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 12:01 PM

Happy November Maria, I absolutely LOVE the costume. What an adorable little guy.

Well, I wasn't in your DDC, but here are the stats on Ezra:
born 2 weeks early
weight 7 lb 7 oz
20 inches
born in a birth center
boy

hmm, am I missing anything?

Ezra was super-duper-extra fussy from Friday through Monday, and then Monday night he barely slept, and then yesterday he was a new baby. He was really much better. He slept okay last night (a 3-hour stretch followed by 2-hour stretches, but not waking for the day until 4:45 which is early but better than it had been). So far today he's fairly happy. And he was awake for 4 hours this morning! He rarely does that. Yesterday he pulled a 3-hour and a few 2-hour stints, so maybe he's just ready to be awake longer. He's napping now, though.

Oh, and my guy is one of the youngest in this thread. He just turned 3 months old this past weekend. Here are 3 things about us:

1. Ezra was born with prominent stork bite birthmarks on his forehead and eyelid and nose and back of his head. The face ones are fading and I'm sad to see them go.
2. I'm beginning to knit again after a long hiatus and I love it
3. Two winters ago I slipped on ice and broke my arm and now I'm terrified of winter and of ice
#12 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Jessica, did YOU squeeze a 10 lb 9 oz punkin out of you? Jeezus! I am in awe. yet one more reason to hold you in high esteem.
Aw, shucks, it was nothin'. (OK, I lie, it was the hardest thing I've ever done and much more difficult than my first two labors)

Quote:
2) Before I arrived in town, "dh" had a dream that I arrived at his house with two children--both girls, both blonde, about 2 years apart. This is all true!

4) Both girls were complete surprises. I thought I'd never have kids.
OK, 2) is just awesome, and 4) does surprise me. You seem like you were born to be a mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post

pics, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwickmama View Post
1. i never thought i'd cosleep. now i can't imagine not having seth in bed beside me.
2. i can't imagine being a mom to a little girl.
3. even though i was so disappointed by having a c-section, deep down inside, throughout the whole pregnancy, i knew that's how things would end up. this makes me so scared of another pregnancy, ever.
4. we are living with dh's family since moving last month (while our house sells) and while i appreciate all the help and know "it takes a village," i feel so stupid for not being able to get through my day or a simple task (like putting both babies jackets on and into the stroller or slings for a walk) without help. i hate feeling so dependent. ugh.
your family has changed so much in such a short time!! Transitions are always tough, and you've packed more of them into a year than I can imagine. Be gentle with yourself.

I'd like to say it's difficult to get a good picture of all three kids at the same time, but here's our Halloween crew. I am so glad Halloween is finally over! We had a crazy weekend, with costume events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and it wiped us out.

4 random things:
1. DS loves to be naked.
2. I ate Halloween candy for breakfast. What's for lunch?
3. I love the Simpsons and Survivor.
4. I plan to get my PhD in neurology, and do some serious research into the functioning of the nervous system and the effects of nerve pressure on human health. This is likely to be 15 years or so from now, though.
#13 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 01:14 PM

Thanks Laura for the stats!!!

I didn't bring dd3 to go ToT. She was sleeping and was comfy in her bed.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#14 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 01:15 PM

Just checking in--
4 mo appointment stats: F was 15lbs 5.5oz. and 26.5 inches. I was 13lbs. 0.5oz. and 25.25 inches

Here are my things!
1. At the age of 10 I wrote a journal entry that said I was going to have twins one day even though we have no family history of them!
2. I was a Captain in the US Army when DD1 was born- I left when she was 8mo old.
3. I have a terribly unnatural and unhealthy obsession with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
4. I want to move to a cohousing community

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
#15 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
Our babes are or are coming up on 4 months old.
whoa, whoa, whoa! Don't make my babe grow up too fast! I'm already lamenting the speed the last two months have past! I read the posts from you all and it amazes me how much a month or so makes developmentally in babies. I get all excited about a new thing mine has done, and yours are pros at it by then.

So, tell us 4 random things about you/your babe/your family that we might not otherwise know.
1. Dh and I met in a bar.
2. I've been using sposies for three weeks. : Started halfway through dh's out of town trip. Haven't stopped yet. Makes me ill seeing what I'm throwing away, but I'm having an off month, I guess.
3. I'm thrilled school is working well for ds because I think homeschooling would put me over the edge. Like make-my-eye-twitch over the edge.
4. I think I want to be a doula or an IBCLC when I grow up.

Quote:
... while they make altars to dead people. Then they eat tamales and sweet bread.
I understand the tradition, but something about the way it was worded just made me .

Quote:
It's hard. I've been where you are now, and have gone on to have two more beautiful babies. For #2, the entire pregnancy was haunted by the possibility of a repeat c/s. The same happened with #3 until I made the decision to HBAC. Being pregnant always meant a c/s was possible. It's hard not to be scared when the possibility is always there no matter what you do to prevent it.
#16 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 01:53 PM

How does one see the +quote button? I only have the regular one?

I've loved reading the 4 things (still need to post mine)....random thoughts about them (I'm at work so I can't reply to everything I want to reply to - so don't feel slighted - I love reading all of them)

Quote:
When we first started dating, DH thought co-sleeping, CDing, and delayed vaxing were crazy ideas
I'm impressed this was actually discussed! We never talked about anything like this, just that we wanted kids. I didn't even know such things were to be considered before I had kids! Very cool on the marathon and LOL about the stroller. Your secret is safe.

Quote:
(or :guh)

Quote:
Ezra was born with prominent stork bite birthmarks on his forehead and eyelid and nose and back of his head. The face ones are fading and I'm sad to see them go.
WHOA!!! Nathan has all of those!! And another one on the back of a calf too!

Quote:
I plan to get my PhD in neurology, and do some serious research into the functioning of the nervous system and the effects of nerve pressure on human health. This is likely to be 15 years or so from now, though.
COOL! You are amazing! Also, it felt like my 8lb6oz baby was bigger than a bowling ball and ripping me open (even though he didn't) -I bow to you

Quote:
I want to move to a cohousing community
I would like to also but I also like my privacy so I don't think it would work very well! Cool on being an Army captain!

Quote:
I've been using sposies for three weeks. Started halfway through dh's out of town trip. Haven't stopped yet. Makes me ill seeing what I'm throwing away, but I'm having an off month, I guess.
I've used them the entire time! : : Daycares don't take them so I've had to use them. I could probably use cloth at home but I didn't want an additional expense on top of it all. And yes, it DOES make my stomach ill when I think about it.

Elsanne - very cool about dh and his dreams!!

Thanks for the comments about Nathan's giggles...

I have no idea what y'all know so:

1. I am giddy that Laura is back on General Hospital.
2. dh and I were high school sweethearts. We started dating 20 years ago when I was 15 and he was 17.
3. When I was pg with ds1 I had a friend who was co-sleeping (more out of necessaity due to where they lived) and I thought it was disgusting and wrong. Thank goodness ds taught me a few lessons!
4. I have a secret dream to become a midwife. Or even a homeopath as I learn more about it...
#17 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 01:58 PM

Happy November everyone,
I figure it is time for me to jump in , since I felt overwhelmed by the October thread...I couldnt keep up so I just lurked!!

Anyway, your pictures are adorable (love the rainbow and pot of gold, what a wonderul idea) and the giggles...hilarious.

And my 4 random bits of info:

1. DH and I met on our college cheerleading team.
2. We did The Baby Story on TLC and are waiting for it to air (they say January, but I cant wait any longer, Im going to explode)
3. Im an occupational therapist and work with adults and children with Autism.
4. I have an obsession with frozen yogurt that borders on the verge of insane. And we are dairy free here, so it is a REAL problem!!! Empty containers hidden, you get the idea!

Anyway, Violet was a "Violet" yesterday, Ill have to post pics on our website when I get a chance. BTW, our site is www.jeanineandroy.com

Enjoy the day, the weather here in NY is beautiful!!!
#18 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
We did The Baby Story on TLC and are waiting for it to air (they say January, but I cant wait any longer, Im going to explode)
I forgot about that! Please let us know! Let us know when Halloween pics are up to - I can't see your site here from work.
#19 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 02:55 PM

Wow, I can't believe it's November already. I'm amazed at the July 2007 DDC. Where has the time gone?

Random things:

1. Logan is my fourth baby and first boy. I never thought I wanted a boy, but I love my little man!

2. I've used sposies the whole time. I can't do cloth. With four and working from home, I'm lucky to get the regular laundry done! (I feel better that I'm not alone on this one)

3. Logan's sisters also didn't want a boy. They adore him now.

4. I was an elementary school teacher, but I quit my job to stay home. I work as a freelance writer to be able to afford being home with the kids.

Our pictures are still on my camera. I'll post some later. Logan was a little pumpkin. His sisters were a hippie, an Asian princess and a princess. I was going to leave him home with my mom, but it was really warm here last night. He came along in his sling and was really happy the whole time.
#20 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post

1. I am giddy that Laura is back on General Hospital.
Heheh I don't have a TV to watch but I faithfully read recaps everyday and watch the little clips on abc.com.

Glad to see the new thread!!

My four.. Hmm...

1. I have a secret dream to become a nutritionalist.

2. I think my DH is sexy esp when he's playing the guitar.

3. I wish I didn't have my cats anymore.

4. I wish I was pregnant and I have a feeling I might be.
#21 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you nuts? LOL!!! You must have an easy baby? (I can't remember!) If so, CONGRATS!
#22 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 03:53 PM

Wow November already. Thanks for starting the new thread Maria!

Laura, thanks for doing those. Very interesting! If you get any more time I'd love to see midwife/ OB/ unassisted stats :

This is a very interesting topic. I am learning lots about everyone! Some things are very cool... premonitions are so eerie! And all All Saints Day no less... very appropriate

As for four things about us... hmm, let's see.

1. I am a total tv addict : Maybe it's because I was a latchkey kid and tv felt like company when I was alone in the afternoons, but I just love it. It's a struggle to turn it off but I do... only for the sake of my toddler, who is paying attention.

2. Because DH and I are addicts together we are doing an experiment. We are going to shut off the tv for a week and see what our evenings bring. I'm guessing a lot of sex. Or maybe a lot of wine. Or both. These are good things, but I still hope to start this experiment AFTER Thursday night since I really don't think I can go another week without The Office.

3. I suck at math. The reason I chose my majors (English and Psychology) was because they had the fewest math requirements. I had to take a statistics class for my Psych major and I failed it. : Twice. :

4. I talk to myself constantly. Especially when I'm alone in the car. People driving next to me must think I'm nuts. It's theraputic and it helps me process stuff, what can I say??

And I didn't want to copy y'all and list this as one of my four things, but FTR I never thought I'd be parenting the way I am today. I am definitely the freak show among my IRL friends. Breastfeeding, cosleeping, natural birthing, water birthing, baby food making, vinegar using, gentle disciplining, slinging, no-circing (if I had boys)... and now add delaying or perhaps not at all vaxing... my mom, who is a nurse, is about to disown me. Oh well. DH and I didn't talk about any of this stuff before we had kids because I had no idea it was all out there. MDC has really opened my eyes and changed my life in a lot of positive ways And even if I don't do certain things, it's nice to know they are out there.
#23 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinestarr View Post
:
#24 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 04:38 PM

My 4 things...

1) I'm french and raising my girls in french. It doesn't show much but if you heard me talk, you can guess as i have an accent.

2) I didn't want to have another child. I had my hands full with dd1 and dd2. Now i'm happy to have dd3 in my life. She's just precious.

3) I didn't finish college and so want to go back one day. I'm not sure what i'm want to study but i'm looking.

4) I'm a chocolateholic.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#25 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 04:50 PM

My baby is 4 months old today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wrote this in his journal (I keep a Word document for each kid)

WOW You are 4 months old today. My precious baby, already 1/3 of a year old! You’ve changed so much from those first early weeks! You were not a happy guy. You came out butt first and pissed. You spent a lot of time in my arms crying. A lot of time! But as you aged, you have done so much better. Heck, you barely cry in the car seat anymore!! You are so, so snuggly and sweet and you so love your big brother. When he is not in the car with us, you stare at his empty seat the entire time hoping he’ll appear. You’re doing some really fun things now like giggling and playing with toys. Well, not playing exactly, more like inspecting. You like to feel them and spend a lot of time grabbing and touching them and staring at them with a very serious little face. You’re also quite the smiley little guy and love to smile at everyone. No stranger anxiety at all yet. My favorite sound is your giggling – makes my heart smile. Over the past week, you’ve also started blowing raspberries and it is quite fun to watch. When not doing all of those things, you are babbling at all of us, again with a very serious little face. You have quite important stories to tell. Your favorite place is in the Ergo carrier. When you see it, your legs and arms start going even crazier than usual! Speaking of which, you never sit still. Your arms and legs are always moving. Does this mean you’ll never stop once you start? Should be interesting! Anyway, we’ve so loved having you in our lives these past 4 months. You’ve brought out the best (and yes, even the worst sometimes) in us and we wouldn’t want it any other way. You are so loved little one…
#26 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 04:58 PM

Quote:
At the bottom of each post, I have three buttons - Quote, +", and quick reply. If you don't have three then I don't know? And I couldn't see the video. I'm on a mac with Safari - I think I'm in the market for a new browser.

AND Ethan has storkbites in the very same placess - forehead, eyes, back of his head/neck. I think we should compare pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermommy View Post
1. Logan is my fourth baby and first boy. I never thought I wanted a boy, but I love my little man!

2. I've used sposies the whole time. I can't do cloth. With four and working from home, I'm lucky to get the regular laundry done! (I feel better that I'm not alone on this one)

3. Logan's sisters also didn't want a boy. They adore him now.
Ditto on the boy feelings! Never thought I wanted one. SO happy about it!
And sposies - I didn't start cloth until Allison was a year old. I was hoping that this baby would never see a sposie. It hasn't happened that way. He's in cloth MOST of the time, but we only have a couple of night-worthy cloth dipes, so we have a package of sposies around, and he wore them three days straight when I just DIDN'T have time to get to the diaper laundry. Plus now our dryer is dying and it takes 3 trips to the basement to get them dry. guh.

Quote:
Wow! That's crazy crazy I tell you! But awesome, and so I hope you are I'm not having any sex I am so afraid of getting pregnant again.
#27 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
At the bottom of each post, I have three buttons - Quote, +", and quick reply. If you don't have three then I don't know? And I couldn't see the video. I'm on a mac with Safari - I think I'm in the market for a new browser.

Wow! That's crazy crazy I tell you! But awesome, and so I hope you are I'm not having any sex I am so afraid of getting pregnant again.
Another Machead! Yay!! Once upon a time there was a Mac Lovers tribe.. hehehe

Just a feeling I'm getting about being preggers.. I could totally be wrong..
#28 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
At the bottom of each post, I have three buttons - Quote, +", and quick reply.
OH!! I always hit the reply button and then use the quote button there. I never noticed each post has a quote button as well. :
#29 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Just a feeling I'm getting about being preggers.. I could totally be wrong..
At least someone is getting sex...not much going on here, maybe 4 times. I want to mentally, but physically...eh.
#30 of 1077 Old 11-01-2006, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post
Nice!

Quote:
I do a lot of thinking about VBAC and RCS myself, and I don't even know if we're going to have another. : I never would have thought I would even consider an elective C, but the whole unplanned/emergency C -> unstable blood sugars -> DS' NICU stay was really horrible for me and him, and it would be a big incentive for me to know that I could make sure my blood sugars were stable in the hours before the birth, meaning that another NICU/mama-baby separation experience would be much less likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_tigress View Post
3. Two winters ago I slipped on ice and broke my arm and now I'm terrified of winter and of ice
Ouch! I can relate to the fear of ice. I hate slippery surfaces. If it isn't an ice rink, it shouldn't have ice on it! (I am in the wrong country.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
4. I plan to get my PhD in neurology, and do some serious research into the functioning of the nervous system and the effects of nerve pressure on human health. This is likely to be 15 years or so from now, though.
Cool! And I love the Hallowe'en photos. You have such a gorgeous family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeMummytoLore View Post
1. At the age of 10 I wrote a journal entry that said I was going to have twins one day even though we have no family history of them!

4. I want to move to a cohousing community
1. Neat!

4. I love that idea, too. DH grew up in intentional communities, and while there were good and bad aspects, I think with the right structure, it can be an extremely positive experience.

Quote:
What browser are you using? It just shows up in Firefox 7.whatever.

Quote:
4. I have a secret dream to become a midwife. Or even a homeopath as I learn more about it...
Not so secret anymore. A friend of mine is a naturopath and doula; I think she really enjoys it.

And I can't see your video, either. I'll try in IE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanineTheOT View Post
2. We did The Baby Story on TLC and are waiting for it to air (they say January, but I cant wait any longer, Im going to explode)
Way to go! I always wish there would be more natural-minded mamas on those types of shows.

Quote:
Good luck!

Quote:
3. I suck at math. The reason I chose my majors (English and Psychology) was because they had the fewest math requirements. I had to take a statistics class for my Psych major and I failed it. : Twice. :
I don't think that's bag-worthy. Lots of people have math issues. IMHO, many of those stem from bad teaching in elementary school. Math is such a sequential subject -- each topic builds on the previous one -- so one bad year can really throw you off.

Quote:
4. I talk to myself constantly. Especially when I'm alone in the car. People driving next to me must think I'm nuts. It's theraputic and it helps me process stuff, what can I say??
Pun intended?

Quote:
I wrote this in his journal (I keep a Word document for each kid)
That's a lovely letter. I've been doing long monthly letters on the blog (a la dooce.com with photos and everything.)

Hope you're having a good day at work!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page