May Mamas~~November Thread! (or weekly?--you decide...) - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-16-2006, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wish I had time to be more conversational now, but I just had to share...

I just nursed Phoebe and put her in her crib, so she woke up from her milk coma like she always does. But THEN! After wiggling and playing and kicking for a few minutes...She fell asleep! On her own! Holy crap! :

Watch, as soon as I click "submit" she'll wake up. I hope I'm not jinxing this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoteat View Post
I wish I had time to be more conversational now, but I just had to share...

I just nursed Phoebe and put her in her crib, so she woke up from her milk coma like she always does. But THEN! After wiggling and playing and kicking for a few minutes...She fell asleep! On her own! Holy crap! :

Watch, as soon as I click "submit" she'll wake up. I hope I'm not jinxing this!

HOORAY FOR SLEEP!!
Looks like all your hard work is paying off.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
Old 11-16-2006, 07:19 PM

Wow, is life busy! I wanted to share this picture of Kirsten, enjoying her favorite activity ~ emptying out my kid's plate cabinet! She's doing wonderfully, sleeping well (at least this week), and experimenting with all kinds of sounds. All day today it's been, "Dadadadadadada"! So cute!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 11-17-2006, 12:48 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey May Mamas! Not much time, DS is a fussin'. Who are we PPing the GC $$$ to? Gotta run...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Old 11-17-2006, 10:37 AM

Kristina ~ Kirsten looks like such a big girl sitting there like that!

Quinn is just starting to sit and still needs a boppy around him or he topples.

You know what cute thing he is doing though? Peek-a-boo!! I was covering his face with a blanket and saying Where's Quinn? There he is. Peek-a-boo etc. when he grabbed the blanket with his hands and kept the game going. He would cover his face and just as I said peek-a-boo, throw his arms down and smile. SO cute!

Quote:
Hey May Mamas! Not much time, DS is a fussin'. Who are we PPing the GC $$$ to? Gotta run...
Oh yeah. I'm ready to send PP too.

mom2nat&will ~ How's the poop situation? We haven't had any that are formed yet but I have noticed that some of his poops have started to smell all of the sudden.

Fussin' boy. Bye...
Old 11-17-2006, 12:49 PM

mcb and erin- just PM'd you Andrea's addy for the FIN GC.

Andrea- I just sent some PP.

mcb- I'm mailing the Moby today too- sorry for the delay. :
Old 11-17-2006, 01:09 PM

Thanks Michelle. Just sent my $$ for the gift cert!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:47 PM

Hi, mamas! I haven't even caught up on the thread yet, but wanted to check in.

I can't believe I missed all the holiday helper stuff on this thread! It's just as well, though, because I totally over-extended myself this year. I sent out 8 (!) boxes this week and 2 GCs and I have one box to go. The postage is what kills you--I think my family is going to be getting some very, erm, economical gifts this year.

Bun is doing well--nearly 6 months! No teeth yet, but lots more night-waking. Poor dh is getting absolutely slammed at work--so he comes, spends time with baby and me, then we put bun to sleep and eat dinner, then he works until midnight or 1am and bun is usually awake soon wanting to eat. I'm really hoping it's just the 6-month developmental/growth spurt, because last week she was back to sleeping through the night again.

Last night, she woke at 3:25 and dh and I were just DEAD tired. She was in her crib (she sleeps next to our bed) cooing and "talking" to her towel doll. We were so tired, that neither of us got up to get her--assuming she would start fussing soon and then we would get her. But she just talked and cooed for awhile and then went back to sleep on her own! What an angel.

She's been better about napping--usually one long one a day (anywhere from 40 minutes to 2 hours) and a couple of catnaps in my arms.

All right--off to try to get some stuff done while she's asleep. :
Old 11-17-2006, 04:59 PM

DD hasn't been taking those nice long naps like she was for a while - been a bit fussy on the evenings last couple of days, too. Solids - mildly entertained to put in mouth, suck on them a while, then drool them back out - water is in a sippy w/ the valve out, also amusing to let trickle out all over - does one ever get to feed children things w/out mopping off them & their immediate surroundings every time? : Busybusymomma - thank for the mention of wt loss, I'd noticed this & wondered - other than mild queasyness, I'm mostly just real tired, but then, w/a 6 mo old around, who can tell the difference - you're automatically tired anyway!

yes! This is the one I voted for too At least DD isn't real distractable NIP - auto dealership lounges, cars, parks at dog shows, the dog club annual dinner, all have been good.
Sent PP today.

DD's new room is being completed today! Finally, somewhere to put baby stuff, & floor space for her to play. Next - the bathroom rennovation, which will be dire. It's our only bathroom, & will need the ceiling replaced, as well as serious mold abatement - plus extending 1 end a bit to allow for bath/shower combo, instead of tiny shower stall. It'll be so nice to have stuff fixed up though, & we haven't had a bathtub in almost 15 yrs....

: : SAHM to : (5/06), : (7/07) Plus : & a few
Old 11-17-2006, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, what a thread to catch up with!

We had our well-baby check-up this morning & Simon's doing great. He's a little "below average" in everything, but "well-proportioned" according to the charts. Anyway, we haven't started any solids, and since Simon's not sitting up by himself yet, I'm going to delay a little longer. I did notice yesterday that he's starting to get some pinchers going on!

The doctor also noted his mouthful of teeth. Tooth numero 5 popped in this week unnoticed by me until Wednesday. He must be working on number 6 now cause he's been biting me like crazy. It wouldn't be so bad except every time he bites me, I take him off the nipple and he laughs. Ouch!

~Lizzie~

Four boys: Corey (11) blahblah.gif , Aiden REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif  (8), Simon superhero.gif   (5), Timothy bouncy.gif (2).  Shh! Surprise no. 5 in October 2012! belly.gif

Old 11-17-2006, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama View Post
Thanks Michelle. Just sent my $$ for the gift cert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg View Post

All right--off to try to get some stuff done while she's asleep. :
Right with ya! A 2 hour nap seems so long though when you're used to a baby on ya all the time. Today's nap just crossed over the 2hr mark and she's still .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahbazin View Post
Busybusymomma - thank for the mention of wt loss, I'd noticed this & wondered - other than mild queasyness, I'm mostly just real tired, but then, w/a 6 mo old around, who can tell the difference - you're automatically tired anyway!

It'll be so nice to have stuff fixed up though, & we haven't had a bathtub in almost 15 yrs....
It was a surprising aspect of pg and bf that I didn't expect... I always mention it to moms because at the time we were just getting back on our feet financially from dh's lay-off after 13 years at the same desk and the WIC people kept freaking out about my weight loss (then I didn't lose the 15lb I gained fast enough for them after the birth ).

We have the opposite going... a bathtub and no shower. Hopefully soon our second bathroom will get finished and we'll have a tub in the old bathroom and a shower in the new/master bathroom. Most of the time I love my old house (more character, old hardwood floors etc) but occasionally it drives me up the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheandaru View Post

The doctor also noted his mouthful of teeth. Tooth numero 5 popped in this week unnoticed by me until Wednesday. He must be working on number 6 now cause he's been biting me like crazy. It wouldn't be so bad except every time he bites me, I take him off the nipple and he laughs. Ouch!
Woowee, he's on a roll! Poor dd still hasn't cut any of her teeth and the NP that did her WBC yesterday was tsk'ing about how close the teeth appear to be and yet they still hide in the gums. : Is he grouchy from all the teething?
Old 11-17-2006, 06:02 PM

Hey mamas, I'll work on the FIN this weekend, so I can just send the GC straight to the FIN??

We're doing well here, Alayna is a busy lil bee, pulling herself up to furniture, crawling everywhere, and she started standing alone for a few seconds.: But no teeth yet, sleeping is getting better at night too! Although, DH really wants her out of our bed. We're in a big disagreement about that one right now...

Anyway,m have a great weekend, and I cannot WAIT until Thanksgiving next week!! WOOHOO!!!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
Old 11-17-2006, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnee View Post
Hey mamas, I'll work on the FIN this weekend, so I can just send the GC straight to the FIN??

We're doing well here, Alayna is a busy lil bee, pulling herself up to furniture, crawling everywhere, and she started standing alone for a few seconds.: But no teeth yet, sleeping is getting better at night too! Although, DH really wants her out of our bed. We're in a big disagreement about that one right now...

Anyway,m have a great weekend, and I cannot WAIT until Thanksgiving next week!! WOOHOO!!!
pmed you fin addy...

Thanks Mamas for all the pp...I will give you a total tonight. I feel blessed that we can help out another family.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Just a quick post - NYCVeg, I saw your post about blankets - we're using a Halo sleep sack, w/warm jammies inside, then I wrap her in a blanket, sort of tucking the sides under her (plus a hat) if it's real cold. She tends to kick blankets off, but w/the sleep sack on, she can't get chilled.
Just saw this as I was catching up on the thread. I ordered a Halo sleep sack last night after we had a wee scare. We were using a crocheted blanket, tucked into the crib mattress and pulled up only to the chest, on dd at night. She's been quite the little roly-poly baby lately, though, and we woke up the other morning to her chattering (not unhappily, actually)--and we found that she had flipped herself around UNDER the blanket, so that her head was under it where her feet had been, but the blanket was still tucked in. : I am SO glad that she sleeps in our room.

Stupid question, but...where did you find a hat? We've checked all the stores around here and no one seems to carry a cozy little sleep hat above 0-3 month size.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:39 PM

NYCVeg:
Quote:
Stupid question, but...where did you find a hat? We've checked all the stores around here and no one seems to carry a cozy little sleep hat above 0-3 month size.
Actually, I crocheted it myself from kid mohair from my goat I can't knit worth beans, but find crochet pretty easy, & w/hats I don't even count anything, just go round & round 'til I'm done (granted, I rip stuff back sometimes & re-do, but it goes so quick, that's no problem.)

Old 11-18-2006, 12:19 AM

Quote:
NYCVeg:

Actually, I crocheted it myself from kid mohair from my goat I can't knit worth beans, but find crochet pretty easy, & w/hats I don't even count anything, just go round & round 'til I'm done (granted, I rip stuff back sometimes & re-do, but it goes so quick, that's no problem.)
So what's a goatless girl to do?
Old 11-18-2006, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma View Post
Woowee, he's on a roll! Poor dd still hasn't cut any of her teeth and the NP that did her WBC yesterday was tsk'ing about how close the teeth appear to be and yet they still hide in the gums. : Is he grouchy from all the teething?
He's actually not that bad. He'll have days when I know it's bothering him because he'll whine "mmm! mmm! mmm!" and not want to nurse as often. I also have to get creative with the teethers since he grows weary of the same ole same ole. His latest obsession is spoons, so he's been teething on those quite a bit.

~Lizzie~

Four boys: Corey (11) blahblah.gif , Aiden REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif  (8), Simon superhero.gif   (5), Timothy bouncy.gif (2).  Shh! Surprise no. 5 in October 2012! belly.gif

Old 11-18-2006, 01:48 AM

Ahh..I am so nervous. I am leaving Judah for the first time (other than my reunion where I was 5 mins away) in the morning. I will be 2 hours away and gone all day . I am little excited because I so need time to myself but I am scared. What if he won't eat? He has never had a bottle. What if he cries all day for dh? OY!
Old 11-18-2006, 02:45 AM

Aww, enjoy yourself momma! Can you come home if he doesn't adjust well??

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
Old 11-18-2006, 02:47 AM

well on the pooping front all seems clear hopefully it will stay that way....William went twice w/ good amounts and soft consistency yesterday and today so 4 times total he was very backed up! I'm so glad......I am so tired between that and my toddler having acold and working i just want to sleep for a straight 6 to 8 hours, but I know it wont' happen : ! THe joys of motherhood right?!...j/k
Old 11-18-2006, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg View Post
So what's a goatless girl to do?
What, you're not going to sneak one of these (http://shahbazinanatolianshepherds.c.../griffront.jpg) home, & declare it's a new kind of poodle?
Actually, there's a lot of fiber suppliers out there, your local yarn shop probably has some nice things, or you could check out e-bay.

Andiflipping, hope your trip goes well!

Old 11-18-2006, 06:43 AM

t1h

just sent the pp . we're mighty broke around here and have done some other fin stuff too so we couldn't give lots. hope it helps what we were able to contribute.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

Old 11-18-2006, 06:45 AM

oh and kisses everyone!

Old 11-18-2006, 11:25 AM

I am still around Dealing w/ sleep issues here. ds has decided to reverse his schedule around and go 4-5 hours during the day between nursing and it was every 2 hours at night but last night it was 1-1/2 hours between feedings and still got up at 5:30am for the DAY!!! Ugh...I have a 2 year old too so I can't just nap whenever I want to. I am hanging on by a thread here. Any suggestions? I tried feeding a solid meal at night before bed, we co-sleep, and if I try to feed him when he doesn't want it during the day he just bites me. He has been doing this for about a month now.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:54 PM

Quote:
What, you're not going to sneak one of these (http://shahbazinanatolianshepherds.c.../griffront.jpg) home, & declare it's a new kind of poodle?
Actually, there's a lot of fiber suppliers out there, your local yarn shop probably has some nice things, or you could check out e-bay.

Andiflipping, hope your trip goes well!
That's one cute goat! I've always wanted one for my backyard, so we wouldn't have to mow. Now sure how that would go over with the homeowners association though !

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 11-19-2006, 02:44 AM

hello all we had a busy day today and I'm wiped out!!!! took my hubbys car to get 2 new tires and an alignment w/ both kids and had to wait for 90 minutes....lucky me there was a linens n things in the same parking lot so I got a new dish rack ( wow the things I get excited over these days) and I got dd a scooter at toysrus and now im her new best friend it was on sale for 20 bucks what a deal.....after the 90 min tire ordeal kids and i stopped at the park for about 45 minutes then came home to say hi to dadda before he had to leave for work (oh yeah and to let him put together dd's scooter lol)....we left and met some friends for lunch went to buy diapers and wipes came home relaxed for about 2 seconds nursed ds, fed dd some soup bathed her while ds slept then ds woke up and now i am exhausted lol not that you all wanted a play by play of my day

I need a new carrier ds is 19 pounds and the wrap is cutting it anymore, any suggestions...I'm thinking mei tai?! let me know please
Old 11-19-2006, 07:15 AM

Can't*take*the*monthly*threads-too*long*to*keep*up...:

How about a fresh one? Click me!

User Tag List