Those Chatty June 06 Mamas! We chatted out the July06 mamas in a week!! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 02:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
Meariana.. your kids are soooo gorgeous! I love them! The combinations of skintones are sooooooo yummy. your oldest son has skin like rich dark chocolate, and the youngest daughter is like whipped cream.... with the pink outfits... it's like neopolitian ice cream. What a gorgeous family you have (and now I want ice cream).

Alas, I can only claim the youngest 3 as my own, the older two are my niece and nephew . But your reference to ice cream . I didn't think of it til you said it but it is so true!! But our family is like a rainbow, you should see my sis, next to me, and my BIL next to dh (not that the two of them share the same gene pool or anything...).

Hope you're having fun with your family in town

Lisa, mom to M : 6/02, R : 6/04, m/c 6/8/05, L 6/06, and E 8/07
#302 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 03:05 AM

[QUOTE=Paddington;6511116
i know some peds try to convince you to give an iron sup when you nurswe but i think mine knew better than to say that too...
[/QUOTE]

I doubt any ped worried about their malpractice insurance would recommend MY iron supplement of choice...
... dark beer! Guinness go bragh! And red wine for all those great antioxidants... yeah, that's it.

Helen, yes, "its" my doppelganger, Heather. Phew! I was a dork and never noticed her Yahoo name on... somewhere else :

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#303 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 03:18 AM

mmm guinness....my favorite.

and yes, good for the bm!
#304 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 04:37 AM

I wonder how long I'm going to have to post here at MDC before I see "bm" and automatically think "breastmilk" and not something else...

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#305 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 04:41 AM

Dunno. i still think it and ive been on MDC for years. hard to get out of the

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#306 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearaina View Post
Alas, I can only claim the youngest 3 as my own, the older two are my niece and nephew . But your reference to ice cream . I didn't think of it til you said it but it is so true!! But our family is like a rainbow, you should see my sis, next to me, and my BIL next to dh (not that the two of them share the same gene pool or anything...).

Hope you're having fun with your family in town
Oh I love the rainbow families!!
Funny, cause my sisters and I all look alike, and all of the grandkids look alike. we are a boring family. People even say ryan and I look like siblings. :

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#307 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 09:36 AM

My extended family has gone rainbow... one of my cousins married a Samoan after she finished her Peace Corps tour there. They have triplets. Another married one of the football players at her college -- a huge african-american from inner-city Houston. So, there's lots of cappucino kidlets running around at family get-togethers. Not my sister and I, though... ours are very vanilla. And with one cousin being very out & proud now, I guess we're rainbow in another sense of the word!

#308 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearaina View Post
New pics in my siggy!
Wow! Beauties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
DD2 broke in to it before I got up this morning and ate them. ALL of them. That's 6 sin sticks in a 4 1/2 year old stomach.
OMG! That much sugar would probably have me barfing, much less a 4 y.o.! Sin indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Then there's one woman who comes to my seminar every month and admires whatever sling I'm wearing DS in and says how comfy he looks, but then goes on and on about how they can't possibly be safe. :
Aughhh! I hope you incinerated her with the Power of Your Mind. I secretly love going to BRU because I've answered so many sling and bf questions in the "mother's room."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkbar View Post
lact aid and SNS are you talking pumps??
Supplemental nursing system so you can feed formula via the breast, basically. There's a thin tube running from a bag, and the tube is taped to the breast and goes in baby's mouth with the nipple. And I just threw one out a few weeks ago. Doh. Well, it was just the starter one anyway, so not much use for an older baby. I have heard the Lact Aid is more comfortable to use too.

Well, we woke up soaked from a BumGenius this morning! Turns out daddy stuffed it wrong, but still. Sleep...improving... She slept from 9-1, then til 5. Far more reasonable than the every 2 hour biz. I'm hoping the 19-week-gallery-of-horrors is coming to a close. Now that she's 21 weeks She seems to be teething hardcore again.
#309 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 10:31 AM

Yay, multi-quote worked! I admit I am secretly wicked jealous seeing all the people in the May thread use it. I lurk over there sometimes to see what we'll be in for in a month. Anyone else stray?
#310 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 10:54 AM

No straying for me. As far as DDCs are concerned. I finally feel really connected to you guys... no energy left for lurking elsewhere. I go to Fitness/Weight Management and the Washington/Idaho/Oregon forums, though. Sometimes Breastfeeding and Birth & Beyond.

UGH. I am so close to finishing my biomechanics paper that I can taste it. It was WAY more involved than I thought it would be. Not due until next weekend, but if I want to even remotely think I'll do well on the next two exams, I need this time to study. I also have one more writing assignment for my psych class that I *thought* I'd have finished at the end of Sept. Hmmm. So, basically, I wrap up my prerequisites for PT school the day before I move back across the ocean. Which is 13 days before my first PT school application is due.

Phew. OK. MDC study break needs to end.... now.

#311 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 11:41 AM

I still can't multi quote! Please tell me how.

Thanks to everyone who said nice things about my family's new picture....see this is an instance where I would quote each compliment by everyone who said something nice, and then I would give a big ole' thank you. But I don't know how to do that

#312 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 11:57 AM

Candice - A blog! You so smart. Didn't even occur to me, to be honest. Good deal! I'll do that tomorrow.

Lisa - I've never been to DS, but I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Kelly - The pretzels we're referring to (the sin sticks) are pretzel rods (about 7" long) that are covered in caramel, save for a 1" or so part at the bottom to hold on to. Then they're rolled in crushed nuts or crushed pretzel pieces, then dipped in milk chocolate, then covered in sprinkles.

Paddington - Thanks for the business card reminder. I'm gonna order a box of cards on payday.

Our family is very lily white. None of us have procreated outside of the race, and we all look a LOT alike. Even our extended family. All the female grandchilderen have the same nose for crying out loud. B and I have very similar features, so all the kiddos look alike, which is awesome. DD2 looks EXACTLY like me. I've got pictures of the kids in my sig, and I'll try and find a good one of B and I to add to it.

However, our family may be getting a dose of color soon...my uncle and his husband have been approved as foster-to-adopt parents, so we have no idea what our new cousin will look like, how old he/she will be, nothing. They bought a crib, toddler bed, and twin bed, just in case, as well as an infant carseat, toddler seat, and booster seat. They're just a little excited. It's too cute.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#313 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 11:58 AM

Mearaina: hehe, I oafed my way into it. You click the "+quote" button on each post you want to quote. (The one between Quote and quick reply) It should turn orange to show it's being held for you. Then when you go to post reply to the thread, all the posts you wanted to quote will be dumped in your reply. You just edit each post the way you normally would when you quote.
#314 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 12:13 PM

Just want to say
Nothing of interest to say. Yesterday I was feeling sorry for myself because I am not home much. And DH was in a super bad mood because he is tired of being home. Then he rode his bike, and now he is happy.
Still haven't figured out how you're supposed to put babies to sleep. *sigh* My life is ruled by a 4 month old!
My sister is coming to visit for Thanksgiving and it will be the first time she sees Philip! I'm excited. She lives in CO.
And my parents live near Seattle. Lately I have been missing the west. I also have been missing Europe. Maybe it's an "anywhere but here" feeling?

Candice-- good suggestions for Sarah.
Sarah, where is your current business site? And i second what others say-- for Brad
Helen, good news on the sleep. Have you had to give Harper anything for her teething? Also, your blog is convincing me to let DH get a telephoto lens. shame on you!
Megs-- : My mom is a PT and she loves it. You'll get through this transition!
Leigh Anne-- good to see you back again! How is work going, and the SAHP sharing?

All of you talking about CD make me jealous. But DH is adamant, no CD, and since we don't have a washer/dryer in our apt, I understand. But it makes me
#315 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 12:14 PM

Oh. and anyone else have a hot baby? Philip gets so hot. In his carseat, and in bed. He sweats, and I don't know what to do about it!
#316 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 12:40 PM

Oh, and I forgot something Korin reminded me of:

The first time my parents came to see Sam in the NICU, my dad saw the big styrofoam cup on her shelf that had "Barker BM Warmer" written on it in black magic marker. He got this confused look on his face and turned to me and said, "Um, honey? That does mean breast milk, right? 'Cause why would they be warming her poop?" The innocence was adorable.

Jessica - my site right now is on a master site called etsy.com. It's a craft site, and people can go on and set up their own "shops" to advertise their various crafts. It's a great idea, and wonderful starting off point, but hard to personalize. I'll start working on my blog tomorrow.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#317 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 12:57 PM

Only have a sec but just wanted to say, Sarah - I will try to hook you up with an SNS if I can - sometimes we have extras that either the companies give us to use as teaching/demonstration tools, or else sometimes we have some for sale and I could use my discount and get you one - lemme check! Do you care which brand? I have a good friend who has used an SNS with both of her kids for many, many months (she has low supply due to a thyroid condition - a bunch of us give her some of our extra milk for her to put in it so she doesn't have to use much formula in it) and she has a definite preference for one over the other, so I'll see what I can do

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#318 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Paddington - Thanks for the business card reminder. I'm gonna order a box of cards on payday.
you will get a ton of spam from it, but www.vistaprint.com has cheap biz cards and often gives out offers for free biz cards. if i get an offer (which i should, i get one every other day) i'll forward you the link for free cards. they are great quality, you just pay shipping - i think they basically make their money selling your email address b/c i never got spam at all until i signed up with them...it's always been a good trade off for me though...i've gotten a ton of free for shipping stuff from them - magnets with my kids pix on them as thank-yous, post card announcements (100 full color photo for $4.95 shipping only), biz cards for my husband, magnet calendars. all free except for shipping. PM me your email addy if you're interested and when i get another free offer i'll send it to you.

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#319 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 01:49 PM

LeighAnne - vistaprint is the site I'm gonna use anyway. I've ordered from them before, and my e-mail address has a super strong spam filter, so nothing gets through. It's pretty great. You actually don't need an offer in order to get the free cards...they're on the site all the time.

BFM - as I've never used an SNS before, I have no idea what I would prefer, so if you can get one, I'll take what I can get. I'm one of the least picky people you'll ever meet.

#320 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Mearaina: hehe, I oafed my way into it. You click the "+quote" button on each post you want to quote. (The one between Quote and quick reply) It should turn orange to show it's being held for you. Then when you go to post reply to the thread, all the posts you wanted to quote will be dumped in your reply. You just edit each post the way you normally would when you quote.

Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
Maybe it's an "anywhere but here" feeling?(

I so have that feeling right now. I just want to go away somewhere, I don't care where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
Oh. and anyone else have a hot baby? Philip gets so hot. In his carseat, and in bed. He sweats, and I don't know what to do about it!
My dd2 did that. She is still hot all the time. My dd1, OTOH, is always freezing.

Quote:
The first time my parents came to see Sam in the NICU, my dad saw the big styrofoam cup on her shelf that had "Barker BM Warmer" written on it in black magic marker. He got this confused look on his face and turned to me and said, "Um, honey? That does mean breast milk, right? 'Cause why would they be warming her poop?" The innocence was adorable.
:

Nice blog, BTW

#321 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 02:20 PM

I've always wondered about the multi quote thing. Thanks Helen! I still think poo when I see bm too and I've been here for a couple years too I guess its just ingrained.

meiraina, I love those photos!!! Korins right, the colors do remind me of neopolotain ice cream. I never buy that kind, cuz everyone always ends up just scooping up the chocolate and then you have a half eaten carcass of just strawberry and vanilla ice cream left. My fav photo is of the three girls and little L in the middle looking so cute and chubby!!:

sarah, I went to your blog, but where do I go to order those yummy delish sin sticks? I want some I also want to order some for my step mom. Its her birthday today and I wanna send her some. Of course Im a little late, but I never seem to get anybodys gift on time. Then again, they understand...its hard to tote 3 kids around to get some shopping done.

We're gonna do the crib side car thing today. I'll take pics and let y'all see how it works out. Oh, that means we'll have to go to Hobby Lobby to get the foam. Does that mean I have to get out of my pjs? OOhhh, if we go to Hobby Lobby, I can get some more fabric and make another wrap!!! Oh, going to change clothes now!!! YIPEE!!! And hey, Sarah, if you make any moby like wraps, I'll buy 'em from you
#322 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

I just looked at the calendar and as of Tues, we are busy for 2 weeks straight.

Tues- board meeting at the preschool ( I am vice chairperson)
Wed oversea cooking turkeys for thanksgiving feast at preschool
Thurs LLL (or as dd1 say- the baby meeting)
Fri- the feast, late night crop
Sat- Reconcilation for my 2nd grade ccd class
Monday- conference w preschool teacher
then thanksgiving week and thats everyday! At least dh is off from the Wed before thanksgiving until the following Tues,

My mom bought DD1 Liz the Melissa & Doug sushi set. She has been making sushi now since Fri. She keeps calling us into the sushi store! So I just looked over and Maggie has the pretend cleaver. She wants to do whatever her big sister does. Yesterday I had to break up a disagreement over playsilks.

I knew it would start but not this early. Also they are both girls so this could get really nasty. My father once broke up a shoe fight between my younger sister and I. He also almost got wacked by a heel flying by.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#323 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the blog compliments, ladies.

If you look under my picture on the left of the page, there's a "contact me" e-mail address. Just send the order there, and I'll reply with your price. As soon as payment is received, you'll get an order confirmation number, then an e-mail notification when your order ships.

#324 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
My fav photo is of the three girls and little L in the middle looking so cute and chubby!!:

I was hiding behind her holding her so she wouldn't fall! It was quite the experience.

#325 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=sehbub;6515434]Thanks for the blog compliments, ladies.

If you look under my picture on the left of the page, there's a "contact me" e-mail address. Just send the order there, and I'll reply with your price. As soon as payment is received, you'll get an order confirmation number, then an e-mail notification when your order ships. [/QUOTE

Ack! Your blog looks awesome! Very professional!

By the way, I heard that you can earn money on your blog by signing up with Google AdSense. I think someone around here told me that...
#326 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 03:04 PM

Oh yeah? Someone around here, huh? Wonder who that was?

Already signed up, just waiting for approval.

#327 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 03:15 PM

A little bird told me that AdBrite.com pays out even faster than Google.:
#328 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 03:19 PM

I have been trying to catch up for TWO days! Wow, we love to chat!

I love the jean pouch! Lord knows I've got plenty of old jeans I could try to make one with.

Well, I started back to work on Tues. My 1st day w/ my class was Wed. It went ok. I missed Evie and Caleb like crazy though. On a happier note, I did get 2 oz when I pumped! I know that's not a lot, but I've never been able to get anything at all before, so this is awesome. I switched pumps to an Avent hand pump. If I would have known it worked, I would have forked the moola over for an electric! Oh, and I printed up a sign to tape to my door that has a picture of a cow on it and says, 'when the cow is out, please don't come in!' The first day back, i didn't have anything up, just a closed door and another lady just waltzed right in! she didn't even knock! grr...
#329 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
'when the cow is out, please don't come in!'

#330 of 1282 Old 11-12-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
they are great quality, you just pay shipping - i think they basically make their money selling your email address b/c i never got spam at all until i signed up with them...it's always been a good trade off for me though...

disposable email addresses? i set them up with my yahoo account so that i can tell if a website has started spamming me... and if it gets too bad, i can always delete that one and set up a new one....

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page