Those Chatty June 06 Mamas! We chatted out the July06 mamas in a week!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 04:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Korin, did you knit Ruby's poncho? I am thisclose to deciding to have a knitting passion. My sister hasn't helped me... she's an instant addict. I'm getting her all knitting stuff for Xmas (Oh! must check eBay to see if I won her yarn...). Right now it seems like a bad time to start, what with moving and, oh, papers I should be writing... but come Jan 6th when my last school app is in... hell for leather, baby! Any gift recommendations you can make would be appreciated, too.

I got Nevie laughing SO HARD today. Which just made ME laugh so hard that I was crying. Oh. My. Goddess. It was crazy. All I was doing was closing my eyes, turning my head side-to-side, and going "blurbebebebebe" with my tongue all crazy. Evidently, I need to be sending a resume to Lorne Michaels, 'cuase it was fuhhhhhneeeeee.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 04:16 AM

no i didn't knit it. .... it's fleece! It was a gift from a friend from here peri ponchos But they seem easy enough to make.. I may make one when she needs the next isze up.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#363 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 05:21 AM

Oh, duuuuuude. Those are too damn cute. I'm slobbering with Christmas glee for my wee one or my wee niece. But, I've already decided on Pedipeds for the niece. I have a passion for giving shoes as gifts. Oh, and that's what my sister asked for... convenient, anyway.

I *heart* the blue one and the leopard one.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#364 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
I've clicked on your blogs ladies, but the ads don't show up for me, what gives?
Do you have ad blocker software on your machine by any chance? lessee, Korin's and mine are in the right sidebar, Candice's and Mearaina's are on the left... I see them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
I ate sushi w/ Nevie, too. We live in Japan, though... whatcha gonna do?
I ate it with Harper. I remember sitting belly up to a sushi bar at the fish market in Tokyo next to a pregnant woman a few years ago, for one. Then I did a little research and found out that sushi-grade fish in the US is technically required to be flash frozen anyway, so no parasite concerns. I was very moderate due to mercury concerns, but there were a few times when salmon sashimi was the only thing that sounded good, so I went for it. Mmm brain food. It's my personal pet peeve when newly pregnant women go on and on about missing it without investigating what they'd really be eating. Although I do understand researching and deciding against it anyway. It's more like the kneejerk "well, What to Expect says no..." thing that gets me.

OK, yelling baby arghhhh.
#365 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fisrt day on my new job, so of course I'm going to post here while I'm working. I'm so glad i'm back onto my own computer so I can keep up with this thread, otherwise it's too mammoth!

DD hasn't been a sweat head yet, but DS is, unbelieveably. At 2-3/4, he still leaves a ring of drool and sweat around his head on the bed every morning...then again, DH and I are sweathogs, too...I'm trying to remember when DS started, and will ahve to keep an eye on DD. DH calls me "the human furnace", and DS "the portaheater".

katie, I love that cow sign...too funny.

I'll finally be able to keep up with y'all now that i'm here every day all day!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#366 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 12:01 PM

Oy. Bubbas is waiiiiling because she's tiiiiiired, but she won't sleeeeep. Poor kiddo. She was up from 5:30-10 last night, dozed for 20 minutes, then was up from 10:30-12:30, then up at 3:30, and then 7. These teeth better pop through soon!!! That's gotta be it. I just can't think of any other reason for her to be such a malcontent.

And she shoves her fists in her eyes when she's sleepy and rubs 'em. Too darn cute.

Megan - I've gotten Sam to laugh a few times. There's a very specific spot that she likes to have tickled, and you can see the anticipation in her face when I make the "scrunchy hands" and start inching towards her. Too cute. She started laughing before I even touched her yesterdat, and was laughing so hard she was gasping. Then she snuggles in really close and buries her head in my neck. Awesome, awesome feeling.

The sushi thing - like I said, while salmon is great, it's just not enough. I like the big stuff. I blame my sister who used to take me to awesome sushi joints in NYC before she moved away. There are some seriously kickass sushi restaurants in The Village. *sigh* 16 more weeks and I can get my fix.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#367 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
IWho's ecing, i think i'm gonna cheek it out I have issues with suposies and cd's right now were in tushies and i hate them!!!! I only have pre folds and covers and she's a heavy wetter she will go through 12+ dipes in a day.

We Ec....We (I mean DH) catches about 50% of the pees and all the poops. She pees every 10-15 minutes in the morning. She doesn't pee when she sleeps so nighttime ec ing is easy. We just take her to the toilet when she wakes to nurse.
#368 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 12:20 PM

WAAAHHH!

I've been gone at the IL's all weekend. There's too much here for me to comment on!
#369 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Yes. The only issue is shipping. It would cost around $17 to ship to Canada from here. : Which is very expensive. Frankly, it's almost cheaper for me to drive to Alberta and deliver them to you. They'd get there faster too.

sarah, you really have to consider doing a zoning thing for the shipping. you can't charge a flat fee if it is going to totally eat your profits.... maybe something to consider when you are more established if you don't want to consider it now...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#370 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
Elijah is FINALLY asleep. Holy cow, that was becoming rather exhausting. He was as happy as a clam but the entire time but he was just flailing (is that a word?) around. Moving his head back and forth, his arms up and down, kicking, going on the boob, off the boob. Weird. I kept checking to see if he was wet or his diaper was messed up and nothing. I don't know what his deal was cause he wasn't upset at all. Just fighting sleep I guess? Well in any event, I'm glad it's over and he's peacefully sleeping. Now I can refuel and hit the hay myself. Oh, and Elijah is definitely in the sweaty baby category. His sister is the same. They get it from their dad.

Paddington - I used to be in SOCAL. We were about an hour north of San Diego in Temecula. :
i swear we had the same child last night.... and ds1 is potty training and of course was up every 40 minutes telling us he had to go to the bathroom... i am sooo tired this morning....

where's jah country???

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#371 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
Im originally from So Cal. I grew up in Orange County and moved here, Ms, after I met my honey and got engaged. He is a MS native. I love it here now. I do miss the mountains and fall days w/ Santa Ana winds My mom moved here when I was pregnant w/ our 2nd and my dad and stepmom still live in SoCal. They live in Chino Hills where I grew up. Its by Brea. Do you know where that is? I went to college at Cal St. Fullerton and lived in Long Beach after I moved out. Whereabouts are you?

I am in Palmdale now. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley, dh grew up in Huntington Beach and his parents are still there so we visit fairly regularly...i have been to the nixon library but don't think i have made it as far as chino hills....i met my honey at school--we went to uc irvine....

don't think i'll ever leave so cal... we bought our house 4 years ago (wow, has it really been that long???) and i NEVER WANT TO MOVE OR PACK AGAIN. we moved while i was pregnant with ds1....and i remember not being able to do ANYTHING--so i do understand what you are going through sarah...

#372 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
OMG. I almost have 5 THOUSAND posts.
I seriously need a 12 step program.

seriously.
: i had to change to daily reminders instead of instant to help keep me off of here... except our chat of course. :

#373 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 12:38 PM

mommy2girlies--oh my gosh! i love the sink bath picture!!! and man he has got a LOT of hair!!

as my dh would say, i'm sure it tickled when he came out...

#374 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
sarah, you really have to consider doing a zoning thing for the shipping. you can't charge a flat fee if it is going to totally eat your profits.... maybe something to consider when you are more established if you don't want to consider it now...
Yeah, I need to spend some time on USPS.com and figure out shipping zones. I could do it on a customer by customer basis, but that'll get crazy assuming I get a lot of business.

As dumb as it sounds, I feel guilty charging as much for shipping as I do for some of the products (or more!). I think I need to get over that.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#375 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 01:57 PM

Amy - cool letter!

Everybody - cool blogs! I've clicked on quite the odd variety of ads

Megs - You should take up knitting, I just did and I'm lovin' it!! I won a free lesson with this lady who has a knitting and sewing school/shop out of her house - she had donated the prize for a raffle at our church bazaar - and I started taking lessons once a week with her. (You might recall my pathetic story about how I got my minivan stuck in her landscaping after my first lesson?? ) Anyway I am almost finished with my first project, a scarf for DD1 (then I'm gonna make the same one in different colors for DD2). I am having a blast, I needed a new hobby! Wasn't an ideal time for me to take up something new either, but then I felt I needed something to do for myself to decompress sometimes, KWIM? I hope to start taking sewing lessons from her eventually too - but one thing at a time

Sarah - still working on the SNS. Also, if I ordered something from your bakery tomorrow (when DH gets paid and my grocery budget starts over!) do you think it would get here by Saturday? Normally I wouldn't care, but we leave on Sunday for a 2-week trip.

Speaking of which, yikes - we are going on a 2,500 mile 16-day trip with 3 kids and then coming back and having 8 days before we move to our new house! : We're visiting family and friends in VA, WV, TN, NC, and SC! And the best part is DH is having business meetings along the way, so 90% of our vacation (mileage & hotels) is being paid for by his company! Still, I am at a loss on how to fit 2 weeks' worth of crap for 5 people in a minivan that already has 3 carseats in it.....despite having traveled all over the world, I am a *terrible* packer.

And - OMG - I will be off MDC for 2 weeks!!! : That means, what, probably 100 pages of posts to read when I get back! OK, gotta go, moving companies coming to give estimates today....have a great week everybody!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#376 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post

I've clicked on your blogs ladies, but the ads don't show up for me, what gives?
Mine is on the right. Its an ad for organic dairy farmers At first I thought it was because of the breastfeeding mentioned in my blog, but then realized it was because of a vent about Walmart: organics, and Horizon's bogus organic milk products......
#377 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Sarah - still working on the SNS. Also, if I ordered something from your bakery tomorrow (when DH gets paid and my grocery budget starts over!) do you think it would get here by Saturday? Normally I wouldn't care, but we leave on Sunday for a 2-week trip.

I am a *terrible* packer.

And - OMG - I will be off MDC for 2 weeks!!! : That means, what, probably 100 pages of posts to read when I get back! OK, gotta go, moving companies coming to give estimates today....have a great week everybody!!
Yes, if payment is confirmed tomorrow (I have a Paypal business account, so as long as you're not using an e-check it'll go through instantly...checks take 3 days or so) then I will ship Wednesday, arriving Saturday at the latest. Priority mail usually only takes 2 days, but just to be safe I don't ship after Wednesday anyway. Don't want baked goods sitting around somewhere, KWIM?

When packing, roll your clothes. You can fit more that way. I managed to pack for all 5 of us for a week in 2 duffel bags (plus the girls' backpacks with their car games) so it's totally possible!

Have fun, and travel safe!

Oh and Amy, loved the letter!

#378 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

OK, I am going to vomit. Try to catch today's Oprah. I normally do not watch it and when I catch every 6 mos or so they have something stupid on. Today's topic has to do with babies. Enough said.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#379 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 02:13 PM

Quote:
where's jah country???
well technically, everywhere :

i woke up to a power outage. it just came back on. we also just got over a little scream fest. i know it's the teeth. poor boy.

i also have been wanting to start knitting for awhile now. haven't taken the plunge. i am planning on going to joann's and getting a needle kit and dvd to teach me since i don't know anyone who knits. soon. soon.
#380 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 02:22 PM

Took me 2 weeks to upload these pics, but hey, I think they are cute enough to warrant sharing, better late than never! DD1 was Mulan (Chinese warrior princess, for those not up on their
Disney princesses ), DD2 was Cinderella, DS was Pooh

And if you've never tried to stuff a sleeping baby in a huge Pooh costume into a sling while trick-or-treating in pitch black darkness, it's no mean feat!

3 Cuties

Andrew 1

Andrew 2

Madeleine

Teresa

Teresa & Madeleine

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#381 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
mommy2girlies--oh my gosh! i love the sink bath picture!!! and man he has got a LOT of hair!!

now that's one I've never heard...as if anything "tickled" whilest coming out in labor... I wish!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#382 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 02:36 PM

Quote:

TICKLED??? laughup :
#383 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 02:42 PM

My child is a demon. I swear, I see no signs of tooth life, but what else would wake her up five times per night?!!!

I just forgot all the witty responses to your posts that I was about to type out.

#384 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 03:30 PM

Candice! Oh and I wanted to ask you, what's the story behind your daughters' middle names?

I have so much to respond to but it will never happen. So,
#385 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Took me 2 weeks to upload these pics, but hey, I think they are cute enough to warrant sharing, better late than never! DD1 was Mulan (Chinese warrior princess, for those not up on their
Disney princesses ), DD2 was Cinderella, DS was Pooh

And if you've never tried to stuff a sleeping baby in a huge Pooh costume into a sling while trick-or-treating in pitch black darkness, it's no mean feat!

3 Cuties

Andrew 1

Andrew 2

Madeleine

Teresa

Teresa & Madeleine

my gosh, adorable. i love pooh! did he roll off of anything????

#386 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post

My child is a demon. I swear, I see no signs of tooth life, but what else would wake her up five times per night?!!!

I just forgot all the witty responses to your posts that I was about to type out.

i'm there with you, cause i promise i saw every hour on the clock last night....

#387 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
TICKLED??? laughup :
my dh is a riot sometimes....

candice, how did you manage to get like 1400 post since feb!!???? sheesh, you need the 12 step program too....:

#388 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 04:21 PM

shoot, i have over 2000 since feb..:
#389 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 04:25 PM

My daughters' nicknames are Tania Papaya and Talula Petunia (they rhyme, see?) Their names are actually Tania Nicole and Talula Violet. I started with Tania Papaya, because people always got her name wrong: Tanya? Tan-EE-uh? No, it rhymes with Papaya. Like Shania Twain. So I started calling her Tania Papaya. Then I had to come up with something for Talula, so Talula Petunia...it sort of rhymes.

Do I really have 1400 posts? I get caught up in the News, Politics, TAO, Bedsharing, etc. boards. Oh, and I was really bored when I was pregnant and trying to procrastinate on school work.
#390 of 1282 Old 11-13-2006, 04:26 PM

Oh i forgot Talula was a violet also. :

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page