Those Chatty June 06 Mamas! We chatted out the July06 mamas in a week!! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1282 Old 11-14-2006, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ahh. i love you girls, too.

missed you today sarah! please don't push yourself too hard. hope today wasn't too long for you... it's good that they have decent boyfriends early. gavin sounds like a prince!

sorry you had a bad talk with your sister lisa... i know that sucks....

Hey! you gotta get as far to the west as possible! i'm the only one over here in california!!

and thanks for the hair compliments!

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#482 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
Awesome! Let's think of where people live (assuming they'll be in the same place next year)
Helen-- MA
Sarah--MD
Amy--Chicago
Meg--Portland(soon)
Korin--Portland
Candice--Portland (portland is apparently the place to be!)
BFM--Pennsylvania
Mearaina--Penn.
Jessica (me)--MD

where is everyone else? I'll keep track, just because I'm curious at least.

So, I was thinking today. You all really feel like my friends!

I think Im the only one in the "Dirty South" Im in a suburb of Jackson, Mississippi. But Im up for a one yr old meeting. I gotta a car Hey Pad, I guess I could always "go visit" my family in Orange County (they pay for us to fly out) and just happen to have a nice little meet up all arranged

And I totally feel like I've made a "gaggle" of life long friends too! Love ya ladies
#483 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 12:22 AM

Paddington - cool hair!

LeighAnne - gorgeous pouch! Sure looks professional to me (but then again I can't sew on a button!)

Lisa - congrats on the nephew, GL with the nocirc talk, and sorry about the fight with sis

Kelly - Andrew is doing the same thing, thankfully he doesn't seem to be in pain but he drools like crazy and does the rabid dog thing at anything that comes near his face (including his sisters' food-grimy fingers, ugh!)

Megs - I heard the same about the jumpers. Many IRL friends have them but I've always been afraid of them. As for the exersaucer, though - now I'm worried - I do put Andrew in it but only for a few minutes....

I'm up for a meetup anywhere around here - we're in a great location - 40 min from Philly, 40 min from Wilmington, 2 hrs from NYC, 2 1/2 hrs from D.C., 1 1/2 hrs from Baltimore....we can pretty much get anywhere when it's worth it

Hair - I have very long hair, and it looks pretty when I blow-dry it but that rarely happens now, with 3 kiddos to tend to! Usually it air-dries and then it just kinda hangs there : Not much shape to it right now but I'm thinking of getting a trim with some layers or something when I have my highlights filled in on Thursday. I do like my color - the girls who does it is SO good. I SO lucked out finding her - she's a young single mom who used to work in a top salon but quit to stay home with her little boy, so now she does hair out of her house, or comes to your house - which is so great, she does a salon-quality color and cut right in my living room while her son plays with my girls and I can sit and nurse the baby and tell her I need her to stop so I can change him or whatever I need to do, it's awesome.

I am 5'8" and weigh 203 and you must all really be my friends because I don't admit that to just anyone! Anyway, it's too much, but thankfully I am tall and large-framed so it doesn't look like as much as it sounds (most people IRL are really surprised to hear I weigh that much). I still need to lose some though - I've been doing OK (I got up to 245 when pg) thanks to being off dairy and nuts, and working out at Curves whenever I can! Anyway, it's been a few years since I've been under 200 lbs, so I am sooooo excited that I'm about to be in the 100's again!! I'm starting to fit back into clothes I haven't worn in forever (I'm a size 14 now) which is nice because my stuff from back then is much nicer (that's when I was working and we had two incomes so I bought good stuff, unlike now where the kids get adorable shoes from Nordstrom and I get the buy-one-get-one-half-off at Payless special!)

But speaking of clothes - do any of you gals buy nursing clothes? If you do, what brands do you like? I used to only buy a few nursing dresses, since you really can't nurse in a regular dress but pretty much any top you can manage nurse in. However, I was thinking I would like to get a few nursing tops for our upcoming trip just so I'm not showing my stretch-marked tummy to all the relatives and friends I haven't seen in years! I used to order from Motherwear, but their quality has gone down and honestly I don't think their stuff is that cute this season anyway. On the other hand, all my LLL friends love Expressiva. Anyone ordered from them before? How do their sizes run? I am torn between getting Ls or XLs. According to the size chart I should be an XL, but that seems really big - I am fitting into L in most other brands, plus I'm still working on losing weight, so I hate to buy something that's gonna be too big in a couple of months....

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#484 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
I think Im the only one in the "Dirty South" Im in a suburb of Jackson, Mississippi.
Darn, I wish we were heading farther west on our big southern trip we're doing next week! We're going to VA, WV, TN, NC, and SC - but alas, not MS.

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#485 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 12:54 AM

Lisa (Mearaina) :

(saw it in your blog while attending to my clicking assignments!!)

Heidi - LOVE the quote on your blog, that is hilarious!! I'm gonna use that one....

#486 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
But speaking of clothes - do any of you gals buy nursing clothes? If you do, what brands do you like? I used to only buy a few nursing dresses, since you really can't nurse in a regular dress but pretty much any top you can manage nurse in. However, I was thinking I would like to get a few nursing tops for our upcoming trip just so I'm not showing my stretch-marked tummy to all the relatives and friends I haven't seen in years! I used to order from Motherwear, but their quality has gone down and honestly I don't think their stuff is that cute this season anyway. On the other hand, all my LLL friends love Expressiva. Anyone ordered from them before? How do their sizes run? I am torn between getting Ls or XLs. According to the size chart I should be an XL, but that seems really big - I am fitting into L in most other brands, plus I'm still working on losing weight, so I hate to buy something that's gonna be too big in a couple of months....
i've had pretty decent experience with motherhood tops - they're not always great, but they do have some decent stuff. i've had good experience with motherwear and expressiva too, but usually went with the less expensive motherhood stuff. here's one link: http://mommygear.com/shortsleeved_tops.htm
and this is the best list bar none: http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/nursing.html#L

I always buy big in shirts. with pants it's sometimes bitten me in the butt, but I've never gone wrong ordering big in tops...just my experience.

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#487 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Lisa (Mearaina) :
Thanks!

And I'm up for a meet up anywhere...have tent, will travel

Lisa, mom to M : 6/02, R : 6/04, m/c 6/8/05, L 6/06, and E 8/07
#488 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 01:14 AM

Quote:
But speaking of clothes - do any of you gals buy nursing clothes? If you do, what brands do you like? I used to only buy a few nursing dresses, since you really can't nurse in a regular dress but pretty much any top you can manage nurse in. However, I was thinking I would like to get a few nursing tops for our upcoming trip just so I'm not showing my stretch-marked tummy to all the relatives and friends I haven't seen in years!
I have 3 or 4 nursing tops that I'm not using, I think they're a L...I'd be happy to send them to you! They're the fake wrap kind, not the slit opening kind, but they just don't fit me right but I never got around to returning them. PM me if you're interested. There is a pale blue, a red, a red tie dye, and I think an olive print one, too...

I just but tshirts with V-necks and spandex, and...well...."whip it out". :

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#489 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 01:26 AM

We're moving!!!! yay, finally! Found a place! I'm so tired of living here with my parents

BFM--I love that quote! hehe.. Also, I've got a few nursing shirts I can send you. I just need to go through all the boxes & sort through what I actually use.. Do you need dressy stuff or just normal wear?. Umm... Does anyone need maternity clothes? or know anyone that does? I've got a ton that I need to rid of....

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow and I'm so excited! I'm prbably cutting at least 5 in. off. that's the only way I cut my hair is at least 5in. I normally try and wait til I can cut about 12 in off to donate but it's driving me crazy!! hehe..

ok off to read some more
#490 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 02:07 AM

Criminey, i can hardly keep up with you guys.

ok.... Nursing tops - I have been wearing a nursing tank under a long sleeved t-shirt or a t-shirt with a light bra under. I am a 34b, so i don't need a lot of coverage.

I'm about at my pre preg weight, I think... my clothes fit weird tho.
Hair - I cut mine off at about 35 weeks. it was hot and I was bored. I cut off about 13 inches but haven't sent it in to LoL yet. I plan to tho!

About the exersaucer/bouncer/swing/etc... i think if we're putting our kids in them for a few mins a day to pee, shower or fry the bacon, it's ok. moderation is key, and unlikely to cause damage... i think detriment happens when unattached kids are left there for hours. I'm glad all of our 'accoutremonts' were hand me downs. I didn't pay a dime for any of them so who cares if they get used

Ok. off to post tonights pix of ruby!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#491 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
i have in the past and i have 3 motherhoodshirts i'd love to send you FFS - $4.05 so I can just send it click-n-ship from home and not stand in line at the PO. One is a white smocked top, one is a baby blue, one is a brownish/reddish floral print. PM me if you want them and you can just paypal me the shipping.

i've had pretty decent experience with motherhood tops - they're not always great, but they do have some decent stuff. i've had good experience with motherwear and expressiva too, but usually went with the less expensive motherhood stuff. here's one link: http://mommygear.com/shortsleeved_tops.htm
and this is the best list bar none: http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/nursing.html#L

I always buy big in shirts. with pants it's sometimes bitten me in the butt, but I've never gone wrong ordering big in tops...just my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
I have 3 or 4 nursing tops that I'm not using, I think they're a L...I'd be happy to send them to you! They're the fake wrap kind, not the slit opening kind, but they just don't fit me right but I never got around to returning them. PM me if you're interested. There is a pale blue, a red, a red tie dye, and I think an olive print one, too...

I just but tshirts with V-necks and spandex, and...well...."whip it out". :
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkbar View Post
We're moving!!!! yay, finally! Found a place! I'm so tired of living here with my parents

BFM--I love that quote! hehe.. Also, I've got a few nursing shirts I can send you. I just need to go through all the boxes & sort through what I actually use.. Do you need dressy stuff or just normal wear?. Umm... Does anyone need maternity clothes? or know anyone that does? I've got a ton that I need to rid of....
Wow, you guys are too sweet : Thank you SO much for offering, but we are leaving for our trip in just a few days & I need to get some things to wear before then - Expressiva has overnight shipping and I just sold a bunch of old clothes on eBay so I think I'm just gonna use my profit toward a few things, get them shipped quickly and take my chances! If they don't fit, I guess I'll have to go on a crash diet But thank you so much for the generous offers!!

Heidi - congrats on finding a new place!

#492 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 02:42 AM

Oh and LeighAnne, too funny - that kjsl site is my LLL co-Leader Jennifer! Small world!

#493 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 03:41 AM

BFM -- way to go on the weight loss! Sounds like you are being really dedicated & proactive with your plan. Every little bit helps, right? I'm digging the weights/legs routine on my latest Women' Health mag pullout poster. It takes, oh, 15 minutes and hits all the "biggies." It's intended for folks short on time... helllooooo, new mommies!

When we move home, I'm starting the search for a used, good rowing machine and we need an adjustable weight bench and a barbell rack. Then we're home-gym-complete! I really got into lifting in Iraq last summer -- want to get my bench press back up... lord knows my biceps get enough of a workout lately... I have my 10-year high school reunion next summer to motivate me. Let's show those stupid boys what they were missing, eh? Mostly it's just for me, though. I love feeling strong and healthy.

Alright, I'm totally rambling, so I'll sign off now.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#494 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
BFM -- way to go on the weight loss! Sounds like you are being really dedicated & proactive with your plan. Every little bit helps, right? I'm digging the weights/legs routine on my latest Women' Health mag pullout poster. It takes, oh, 15 minutes and hits all the "biggies." It's intended for folks short on time... helllooooo, new mommies!

When we move home, I'm starting the search for a used, good rowing machine and we need an adjustable weight bench and a barbell rack. Then we're home-gym-complete! I really got into lifting in Iraq last summer -- want to get my bench press back up... lord knows my biceps get enough of a workout lately... I have my 10-year high school reunion next summer to motivate me. Let's show those stupid boys what they were missing, eh? Mostly it's just for me, though. I love feeling strong and healthy.

Alright, I'm totally rambling, so I'll sign off now.
Well, thanks, but to be honest it's less my dedication and more the fact that Andrew is allergic to my two favorite food categories (anything with milk and anything with nuts) and it's easy to lose weight when you can't eat anything you actually like for months! Which is another ploy I used when justifying to DH why I wanted to buy some new nursing clothes - hey, I am sacrificing for this kid, may as well feed him in style! :

Curves is great though - love that place. It's a quick but fun and effective workout, strength and cardio at once and you're in and out - the one 5 min from me opens at 6am so I can go early and get back before DH needs to leave for work. Once I got over the hurdle of getting my butt out of bed earlier than I'd like, it's a great movtivator - I could never stick to an exercise plan at home or on my own - this is the only thing that's ever worked for me because I need the "ok I'm going to the gym now" routine to actually do something! And I like the no pressure (read: no men staring!) atmosphere and all the girls in the circuit chat - yeah in case you hadn't noticed I like to

Really better sign off now....DD1 has ballet and tap in the morning and it'll take me forever to find her dance clothes in this mess of a house...

#495 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 08:28 AM

Curves sounds like a great way to get started on a fitness program... I've heard there are issues with plateauing, but by the time you get to that point (and you will!), you'll have more know-how and confidence to step out on your own routine.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#496 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 10:34 AM

Heidi - Congrats on finding the place! If you need to get rid of the maternity clothes, check out the Holiday Helper thread. There are several mamas in need who could use good maternity clothes. The link to the thread is in my sig, just pm spatulagirl and she'll hook you up with the correct MIN if you wanna go that route.

So I got smart and got the Paypal Mastercard. it should be here in a week or two. This way it debits straight from my PP account, and I don't have to use "our" money for things like shipping, ingredients, packaging. I can keep all business costs in one place, which is super handy.

The weight issue...I'm 5'5", and the smallest I've ever been was my senior year of high school when I had a six pack and weighed 175. Seriously. my childhood doc thinks my blood is lead. Now I'm about 240, but I've been pregnant for over a year, so I'm cutting myself some slack. I lost 10 pounds within the first two weeks after having Sam, just from walking 2 miles a day back and forth from the hospital, so I'm hoping that tandem nursing and walking after Jackson arrives will help the weight fall off this time too. I'd love to get back down to the 175-180 range, hopefully by June, which is my 5 year high school reunion. Yes, 5 years...I'm just a baby.

Um, let's see...what else? Oh...not working today. Brad and I woke up this morning, he cuddled up behind me and said, "Call in sick. Rest. I love you." Then he kissed my head and got up to get ready for work. He rocks big time. So today I'm going to relax a bit, then package the goodies I made last night. Just might head to the post office today. There are a few mamas who are waiting for goodies.

My mamaw loves Curves. She's almost 71 (her birthday is my due date) and attends her class three days a week. She's also a full-time practicing divorce attorney and works 70ish hours a week. She's crazy busy. That's what happens when millionaires get divorced.

I've been wearing a nursing tank instead of a "normal" bra for about 9 months now, just because it's so much more comfortable. It is hard to find ones that fit this much boobage though. I am about a 40F, maybe bigger. Don't really know, haven't measured in a long time, and they keep getting bigger. At least they're moderately perky.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#497 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
I've been wearing a nursing tank instead of a "normal" bra for about 9 months now, just because it's so much more comfortable. It is hard to find ones that fit this much boobage though. I am about a 40F, maybe bigger. Don't really know, haven't measured in a long time, and they keep getting bigger. At least they're moderately perky.
ok - so what nursing tank do you use then? i have had two 40D/E (largest size they have i think) bravado tanks borrowed to me by my pg friend, and i like them, but not enough to spend $47 each, yk? and i've had the target and motherhood brands and sold them off b/c they just don't fit me right (mostly they aren't long enough for my liking and keep riding up, but also the arm holes seem big and even though i tighten the straps there isn't enough support for the 'big girls' yk?). i had two old style glamourmoms, but they were just too tight. i'd love to try the new glamourmom long style, but again $39 just isn't it the budget to "try" something right now. i need to *know* it works to justify that expense with funds this tight...anyway...long rambling story aside, my point is - what do you use? LOL

Korin. : I you! first, you used the word "criminey" and second, you suggested it was ok to use my graco jumper (which mikey loves and i have used for short periods of time for the last two months he's had excellent head control) and swing or other accoutrements so that I could...and I quote..."fry bacon" : : : Okay Carol...I won't forget to let him know he's a man either!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#498 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 11:22 AM

, in general

so if BFM isn't in on the nursing tops, I would love to try out a few, if anyone is interested in sending some my way : I wear an XL.

Leigh Anne, I have a nursing tank I like, it is from lactation connection (dot com) and I would wear an XL. Last I measured I was a 38E. It also has fully adjustable straps, which I need. And I think it's only like $20.
Nursing tanks rock.

Sarah, yay, no work! As for B-more, I work here. So I am in for lunch Friday. I don't have *too* much time, but let's try to work something out! I work downtown. BTW, I went to MD Law, so I know exactly where you'll be (at the Hospital, right?) I hope Sam is ok.

What else. My baby boy is totally driving me crazy. Last night he didn't go to sleep until 11. I wake up at 6am, so I don't ever feel like I get enough sleep. Then I got really POed at DH. He suggested I put DS on a schedule. Argh! I told him he was wrong, babies don't go on schedules, and sleeping next to DS doesn't ruin his ability to sleep on his own, and you should go get a job so i can stay home because you can't be trusted with DS.
um, I think I went a little off the deep end but I think the real problem is that we don't connect (DH and I) as much as we need. because when we talk, we agree. (read: if we talked, DH would see how right I am
#499 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 11:32 AM

Jessica - Sam's fine, just a followup with the pediatric surgeon about her kidney reflux. She has to have a VCUG done to analyze the degree of reflux. When she was a month old, she had a grade 2-3, out of 5, which means there's a 50/50 chance it'll resolve on its own. Now 6 months later, we need to check and see if it's getting better or worse. If it's getting better, good, if it's getting worse, we'll have to talk about surgery, most likely so that she doesn't get debilitating bladder and kidney infections like I did as a kid.

Oh, a VCUG is when they insert a catheter and then fill the bladder with radioactive dye, and then do an u/s to see if the dye is staying in the bladder or flowing back up in to the kidneys.

Her appt is at 10, and we should be out of there at 11ish I think. Just let me know what you want to do.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#500 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
I think Im the only one in the "Dirty South" Im in a suburb of Jackson, Mississippi. But Im up for a one yr old meeting. I gotta a car Hey Pad, I guess I could always "go visit" my family in Orange County (they pay for us to fly out) and just happen to have a nice little meet up all arranged

And I totally feel like I've made a "gaggle" of life long friends too! Love ya ladies
hee. i stay in huntington beach when i am in the oc. at the in-laws... so just let me know!

oh, saw your hair! it is really cute! i couldn't post to your blog cause i don't have a google/blog account.... i have a LOT of accounts to check, not sure i can handle another...: you have a highlight in it though? i though most places only took virgin hair?

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#501 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 11:35 AM

Ok. I just woke up and my sister has already called my house twice! I haven't answered. : I'm not ready. But aparently my email struck a cord.

Nursing tops. I have one that my friend gave me. That's it. And I do have a nursing tank but never use it. I just wear regular shirts.

Last night was a bit crazy. After I got the dc to bed and it was time for us to go, Elijah wakes up. So I nurse him back to sleep and then Marley wakes up. I go lay with her and hear Elijah again. So then Marley is settled down and I change Elijah and nurse again. I finally think they're good and then I hear the footsteps of Marley. ::sigh:: So I go with her for another 20 minutes and finally alas, I was able to sleep myself. :

Marley had a great dream about being a ballerenia. She said her teacher was talking about her ballet shoes and her skirt. She woke up saying, "Daddy, did you know I had a dream last night?!' 'I was in ballet with my g/f!"
#502 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Oh, a VCUG is when they insert a catheter and then fill the bladder with radioactive dye, and then do an u/s to see if the dye is staying in the bladder or flowing back up in to the kidneys.

Her appt is at 10, and we should be out of there at 11ish I think. Just let me know what you want to do.
Oh, ok, a friend of mine has a daughter with that same condition. Ok, I'll pm you my contact info and we can work this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
Ok. I just woke up and my sister has already called my house twice! I haven't answered. : I'm not ready. But aparently my email struck a cord.
if you are willing to share, what have you said/written to her? what is her reaction?
If you don't want to share, I totally understand!
#503 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
Korin. : I you! first, you used the word "criminey" and second, you suggested it was ok to use my graco jumper (which mikey loves and i have used for short periods of time for the last two months he's had excellent head control) and swing or other accoutrements so that I could...and I quote..."fry bacon" : : : Okay Carol...I won't forget to let him know he's a man either!

: : : : :

geeze guys, people are going to think i'm crazy laughing in my office at 6:30 in the morning when i am still supposed to be half asleep...

Meg~i'm with you this morning...

#504 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 11:51 AM

i have a stupid question.
ds is about 18lbs+. I usually nurse him lying down because we're in bed, or I lie down on the couch.
When I try to nurse him sitting up, in cradle hold (though when he was a newborn I usually used the cross cradle and when he was brand new I used football) he gets mad and often won't eat, or won't eat calmly. I think he's frustrated taht there isn't anything behind him supporting him (like the bed is when lying down) and he doesn't seem to know what to do with his arms (though when we're lying down, he's always touching me and pushing on me).
So... I'm finding it difficult to get the right positioning. Can you all tell me how you're doing it? Even a pic would be helpful. :
I feel like such a dweeb!
#505 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 11:51 AM

All right, peeps, gotta get people paid today, so gonna sign off.

Lisa~ Take your time and sort out what you are feeling/want to say before you answer. I think it's okay to dodge for a few hours...

Sarah~ enjoy your day off....:

My dcp takes a week off in the summer (not sure which week she is taking this year) and dh and I were thinking about doing the trip to seattle, you know the train... coast starlight....

what other options for getting further east? oh, i have family in colorado (totally off the grid...) and a good friend who is moving to boise at the beginning of december.... technically, i have other family in pittsburgh but, um, we don't visit them. :

#506 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
i have a stupid question.
ds is about 18lbs+. I usually nurse him lying down because we're in bed, or I lie down on the couch.
When I try to nurse him sitting up, in cradle hold (though when he was a newborn I usually used the cross cradle and when he was brand new I used football) he gets mad and often won't eat, or won't eat calmly. I think he's frustrated taht there isn't anything behind him supporting him (like the bed is when lying down) and he doesn't seem to know what to do with his arms (though when we're lying down, he's always touching me and pushing on me).
So... I'm finding it difficult to get the right positioning. Can you all tell me how you're doing it? Even a pic would be helpful. :
I feel like such a dweeb!
why is that a stupid question? nursing positions and what your babe likes are very serious. for the first almost 2 months, jonah would ONLY nurse lying down. and he does get more kicky when we nurse sitting, but i think it is because it is not as quiet an area and he is too busy trying to check everything out... and yes, his arms are all over the place these days, clutching at my boob, grabbing for my hair or glasses... we just do the standard cradle hold position though... maybe you can use a pillow to boost him/support him a little?

#507 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 11:59 AM

Jes, sounds good, just pm me and I'll call you when I'm done with the doc. I think I'm gonna try and get there really early tomorrow because there's a chance we could be seen early. Here's hopin!

Oh, I have been wearing a Target nursing tank. It fits well enough, although the girls do fall out the sides when I'm laying on my back. The shelf in the motherhood maternity tank tops is way too teeny.

#508 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 12:20 PM

That was interesting to know about the jumpers and growth plates. Ds #1 loved his jumper (Graco)for about a 2 month period, but I believe all things in moderation. Gabriel loves his exersaucer. He is so happy to be upright and able to use his hands on objects that way and to CHEW! But he only lasts about 15 minutes, then he's ready to get out. But, it does come in handy for making dinner or other such things.

I'm in MD too, BTW.
#509 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
why is that a stupid question? nursing positions and what your babe likes are very serious. for the first almost 2 months, jonah would ONLY nurse lying down. and he does get more kicky when we nurse sitting, but i think it is because it is not as quiet an area and he is too busy trying to check everything out... and yes, his arms are all over the place these days, clutching at my boob, grabbing for my hair or glasses... we just do the standard cradle hold position though... maybe you can use a pillow to boost him/support him a little?
thanks Paddington. I think I'll try the support and see if that works. I tried the boppy when he was a newborn but it didn't work too well for me. I think a regular pillow might be a better choice now.
#510 of 1282 Old 11-15-2006, 01:49 PM

Amy, thanks! My dad always loves trying new things.

So, one week from today in my pregnancy with Samantha, I went in to labor for the first time. I'll be 26weeks tomorrow, and so far have only had one or two bouts of BH contractions. I had them fairly frequently with Bubbas starting at around 21 wks, so it bodes well that I haven't had 'em much yet. I think this little guy might just keep cooking the 11 weeks he needs to in order to be a full term baby!!! Hard to believe I could have a baby in just 11 weeks! They're giving me my last progesterone injection at 36 weeks, and the half-life of the progesterone means it should stay active in my system for a week, which puts our earliest due date at Feb. 1. Time flies! I'm looking forward to meeting him, just not before February.

And we pick up the keys to our new house in 5 days. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! I'll post pics when I can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page