Those Chatty June 06 Mamas! We chatted out the July06 mamas in a week!! - Page 43 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2006, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
OK, this is my last post for a few days. Sarah, so sorry about your scare w/ Sam. All is good!

Ummm... nothing else to think of in a rush. Must get off computer now. Dan is staring me down. Next post... from the grand pacific northwest!!
Have a safe LONG trip. Can't wait to hear from you stateside. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
freakish accident sarah - nothing to feel guilty about - our swing has a little tray in front of it so that wouldn't happen (i thought they all did?) anyway, mama!

we've gone headfirst into solids here, i admit i've always been pretty relaxed about the whole solid introduction thing, i just offer bites from my plate when i have an appropriate food and don't worry much about the one food per week introduction thing (or whatever it is you're *supposed* to do) so mikey has had rice, macaroni, meatloaf, chicken, bananas, apples, bread, pineapple, watermelon, sweet potatos, cheesecake, ice cream, pumpkin pie, hamacubi/dolma (middle eastern dishes, can't spell ?), yogurt and that's all i can remember...and just so you don't think i'm totally : most of those are just 'tastes' provided by MIL so it's not like he's getting a lot. not much difference in BMS as again, we're talking 'tastes' here, the biggest would be after a banana with baby cereal, then the poop gets pretty solid, but that's when he's actually eating a 'baby meal' vs just 'having a taste'

oy. it's 2:21am here, back to bed...
Wow!! Does Mikey have any teeth. We're gonna just steer clear of dairy right now. Our first DD had a milk allergy, DD #2 didn't, and I see a little more of the curdled, sour smelling spit ups after I have alot of dairy (ie. ice cream So Im afraid to give him little tastes off the plate. But I found out after our thanksgiving meal at my moms house, that some of the relatives were giving him little tastes of mashed potatoes w/ duh, milk and butter!! : This is after my stepdad kept saying "give that kid some food. I was eating chicken wings by his age" My mom also took a pic of him w/ someone holding a turkey leg in front of him like he's holding it and gonna eat it. Its kinda cute and also really creepy. Im not a huge meat eater, so its a little
Old 12-01-2006, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
we always had the babe in our room (our nursery is for show and storage of diapers/extra clothes ) thank the lord for the eastern king this time cause co-sleeping in a full is sooo not comfy... :

Ours too. There's a crib in there, but no one's ever slept in it. We're gonna side car it to our bed. Its a queen and just J.C and I fit in it. Reason #1, J.C likes his space #2, I use a body pillow and #3, my dh is 6'1" and is 275lbs. So needless to say a king size bed would be awesome!!!! But we like our tempurpedic mattress, now thats comfy!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Ooh, a mini crib! Nice setup, Heather. I hadn't thought of that. I wasn't looking forward to getting a full-sized one to try sidecarring. I feel like we're running out of room in the bed, even though it's a king. Flail, kick.

Bon voyageee, Meg, as Bugs Bunny would say. Don't make a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

It seems someone will sleep through the night if bedtime is 10:30pm. This is a new discovery. She slept til 5, and then 8:30. WTF. I will see if I can repeat this magic trick tonight.
I hear ya on needing the extra room. Wish we had a king though. That so cool that she slept that long!!! Do you feel a little more human now What time do you guys normally go to bed? Is 10:30 do-able? If so, sounds like you got yourself a sweet deal
Old 12-01-2006, 01:25 AM

Ange, you and I are at post 979 right now. Im so itching to use that 1000 post smiley!!!! Congrats on almost being a "seen your member" I saw that on someones name recently and had a good laugh!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:23 AM

Good god I've missed alot let's see- Sarah glad to see sam's ok thats freeky!

Meg- Have a safe trip! don't forget to flash your flight atteddent for me!

lots of food play here,no real food to "eat" yet.

I have ditched the whole cloth diaper thing for now. If I were to by one diaper only what should it be? does anyone have one that works without fail? This is causing such distress in my life I don't know why. I lie awake at night thinking of a happy baby all dressed in cloth,and all I get is a wet drippy baby covered in poop,out the sides up the back, stained clothes This is what i feel like. And this is what i look like without the suntan. I got that perm I should have left if alone.

Off to post in the bf board but I'll post for you to,I'm off for the weekend with the girls this has not been done for about 8 yrs and as i am the only one with a baby how much bm do I need for about 48 hrs away? she not to thrilled about bottles but she will get hungry at some point right?

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
does anyone have one that works without fail?
I mainly use Little Lambs AIO. I go them off ebay, and have had occasional problems, but no more then when I use sposies. I would say that as long as I am diligent about changing them often (like every 2 hours during the day), I have maybe 1 wet diaper leak a month. Poops get changed as soon as they happen and don't really explode (luckily), so they don't have the chance to get messy. And overnights I just use 2 thick liners and we're good to go. They fit from newborn to about age 3 depending on the way its snapped.

Lisa, mom to M : 6/02, R : 6/04, m/c 6/8/05, L 6/06, and E 8/07
Old 12-01-2006, 03:14 AM

My baby wearing has rubbed off on my friends kids they all try to wear their babys, I think I'll make them kiddie slings so santa can give it to them

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
Old 12-01-2006, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearaina View Post
yeah, I'm wearing my flip flops today
Look y'all, December down here is usually atleast no warmer than the low 60's. But this week its been hot and humid!! Today was 77. You know how people joke about the weather in the South, "if you don't like the weather, wait a couple minutes." Well tomorrow the high is 42 and the low is in the 20's!!! HELLO, talk about weather changing fast!! I don't know if I should put away my shorts and get out my sweaters or what!
Old 12-01-2006, 03:28 AM

[QUOTE=Caroline248;6655917]
Solids..we haven't tried any yet, BUT, I did set up the new booster we got (the kind you strap to a chair, I hate those huge highchairs). And I bought a case of Earths Best at BRU yesterday because I can't find that around my house.QUOTE]

I just bought one of those today too. It looks like the seat part of a regular highchair, but it straps to the seat. Much better. But when I got home and set it up I realized that we have a round dining room table and 4 chairs, but we have 5 family members Still gonna have to figure that one out.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248 View Post
Yeah, every so often my husband wows me like that. I asked for a massage the other night, and I actually got one...for like 20 minutes!! That is a record for a no-gropping massage!!

laughup

We, my stepmom and I, always joke how our husbands like a nice massage, but when they go to give you one its like for 5 min. and then their thumbs hurt But no really, dh gives a great massage. Especially feet
Old 12-01-2006, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
They are saying blizzard for here in Chicago. I bundled up both girls and went out for groceries. Maggie looked like she was in a straight jacket in a way in her snowsuit. She was our snow baby.
Im picturing the movie "The Christmas Story" You know w/ the Malt o Meal kid and the Red Rider BB Gun. "You'll shoot your eye out kid"

I bet Maggie looks adorable in a straight jacket
Old 12-01-2006, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
I sat J.C up and he stayed there for awhile. Now was he actually sitting or was it more like leaning on the fluff of his cloth dipe

Im just waiting for the stinky poops, but so far not so bad. But it can only get worse huh
Katie sits better nakey-bum than she does with the diaper, but either way she's good. Unless she's sleepy, then she kinda sags.

Guess what we're doing today... at 1 am... We're watching Cars. Because my other option is some late night talk show that I can't remember the name of. And the guy who hosts it is really irritating. I have temporarily changed my opinion that this is caused by teething and have decided it's gas. Because her belly is rumbling something awful. But what have I eaten different in the last 4 days that I didn't eat before? No flipping clue.

We started rice cereal tonight, pretty much just thickened bm. So funny. The first bite she just held her mouth open and gave me this look like "are you trying to poison me woman?!". After the second bite, she was "helping" me with both of her hands on mine.

In other news, it appears that Katie has scratched DH's face and cut him with her little razor nails, and the cut got infected. So he's miserable and sick. Hence me with the baby this late at night. He usually takes the night shift and I get the mornings. Poor guy. :

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
Old 12-01-2006, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I freeking love multiquote....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
As Heather can attest, broken sticks (they tend to break off at the "handle" of the pretzel rod, where there is no coating) don't lose any flavor.
Broken sticks are still awesome! Speaking of which, an order is coming your way in the next day or two, Sarah...

Quote:
lots of food play here,no real food to "eat" yet.
Here too. She's had a finger of sweet potatoes, a finger of mashed avocado, about 1/16 teaspoon of mashed up pear (she didn't like it) , and about 1/4 teaspoon mashed banana since Thanksgiving. She LOVES grabbing and chomping on the spoon, though...

Quote:
I just bought one of those today too. It looks like the seat part of a regular highchair, but it straps to the seat. Much better. But when I got home and set it up I realized that we have a round dining room table and 4 chairs, but we have 5 family members Still gonna have to figure that one out.
I did that math recently, too, because I think I want a chair seat not a free standing one - there are 4 of us, and we frequently have 2 other diners.....but we have 6 chairs, so we're good. Whew. Gotta get her a high chair some time soon, I htink she's gettign tired of my lap as she's always trying to wiggle off me at the table.

Quote:
Im picturing the movie "The Christmas Story" You know w/ the Malt o Meal kid and the Red Rider BB Gun. "You'll shoot your eye out kid"
We LOVE that movie. Has anyone seen the CIngular wireless parody? "You'll run the bill up!" And...um....DH just informed me that he bought a "leg lamp" the other day - he's pretty grinchy , so I figure if this is what it takes to get him in the holiday spirit, I suppose I can deal with a leg lamp display every year..... And actually, I chuckle every time I think about it - it should be here next week...complete in a box marked "Fragile" - must be Italian!!!

Jes, to all of you!

I figured out the side car sheet and gap situation, and DD slept great in it last night....yay!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Old 12-01-2006, 11:14 AM

Ok, last call for the holiday card exchange list!

So far, I have:
Amys1st (Amy)
PapayaPetunia (Candice)
Paddington (Ange)
EcoMama7 (Lisa)
Sehbub (Sarah)
Mamamilkbar (Heidi)
The4ofUs (Heather)
Medicmama (Nicole)
AlbertaJes (Jes)
MarlowsMom (Lindsey)
Mommitola (Helen)

I'll email the list out Monday with anyone else I still have on there. Gonna PM Ms. Lisa and see if she's still game, hope so!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:17 PM

Samantha is still sleeping. It's 9am here, and she went to bed at 8:30 last night. She woke up at midnight, and then at 5:30, and is still asleep. She is going to be S.O.A.K.E.D. when she gets up. I change her when she wakes up, but I have to do it before she eats, because if I do it after she eats, she just wakes up and can't get back to sleep for a while. However, changing her before she eats means that she screams because "Mama, all I wanna do is eat and go back to sleep!! That's it! Leave me alone, woman!! And of course, when I woke up with her at midnight, I spilled what was left in the can of formula, so that meant that when she woke up at 5:30 I stumbled downstairs to make her bottle, thus scaring the crap out of Brad, who was on his way out to go to work, and assumed I was still sleeping. Poor guy. Rough way to start the morning.

We're going to try and get to a playgroup with some MDC mamas this morning afternoon. Should be fun to be around women who don't talk about how glad they'll be to wean at 6 months, or how gross an intact penis is (seriously, this was a 15 minute conversation a few weeks ago, coming from the ONE woman in the group whose even seen an intact penis...her bf had lost both his arms, and she had to bathe him, and kept saying how bad it smelled...um, then maybe you should've bathed him more often?), or how much they wish they could just put their babies in the playpen and walk away for a while, but no, their babies want to be held. Most of them are great women, and I really enjoy my time with them, but there are some to whom I want to ask, "Why the hell did you have kids in the first place, if you weren't planning to spend as much time as possible cuddling them?" But of course, I am ever the peace keeper, and therefore do not say these things.

Oh, and wonder of wonders, my blood sugar has been totally normal. SHOCK!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 12-01-2006, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Oh the weather outside is frieghtful!! But MDC is sooooo delightful! And since the kids are sleeping, let it snow let it snow let it snow!!

Its supposed to snow until noon or so. Not too bad, dh got to work no problem. He got up a bit early to clear the driveway and said it was heavy snow. It will be a big pain this afternoon.

DH's lactivism consists of also saying bf poops are better. Also he like if the baby is crying at night of just turning over sticking the baby on Mama and rolling over and going back to sleep.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 12-01-2006, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Ange, you and I are at post 979 right now. Im so itching to use that 1000 post smiley!!!! Congrats on almost being a "seen your member" I saw that on someones name recently and had a good laugh!

i've seen that one... i have no idea what i am going to choose i just wanna reach the milestone! and yeah, use that 1000 post smiley!

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
Oh the weather outside is frieghtful!! But MDC is sooooo delightful! And since the kids are sleeping, let it snow let it snow let it snow!!

Its supposed to snow until noon or so. Not too bad, dh got to work no problem. He got up a bit early to clear the driveway and said it was heavy snow. It will be a big pain this afternoon.

DH's lactivism consists of also saying bf poops are better. Also he like if the baby is crying at night of just turning over sticking the baby on Mama and rolling over and going back to sleep.
i got the "breaking news" yesterday that chicago airports were canceling 700 flights b/c of snow and thought of you....

anywho, who is starting our new thread? just gonna finish reading this one but...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Off to post in the bf board but I'll post for you to,I'm off for the weekend with the girls this has not been done for about 8 yrs and as i am the only one with a baby how much bm do I need for about 48 hrs away? she not to thrilled about bottles but she will get hungry at some point right?
you work, right mama? how much does your babe take when you are away and for how many hours are you away? that will obviously help you figure it out... and you have frozen stash right? in case of emergency?

Old 12-01-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Katie sits better nakey-bum than she does with the diaper, but either way she's good. Unless she's sleepy, then she kinda sags.

Guess what we're doing today... at 1 am... We're watching Cars. Because my other option is some late night talk show that I can't remember the name of. And the guy who hosts it is really irritating. I have temporarily changed my opinion that this is caused by teething and have decided it's gas. Because her belly is rumbling something awful. But what have I eaten different in the last 4 days that I didn't eat before? No flipping clue.

We started rice cereal tonight, pretty much just thickened bm. So funny. The first bite she just held her mouth open and gave me this look like "are you trying to poison me woman?!". After the second bite, she was "helping" me with both of her hands on mine.

In other news, it appears that Katie has scratched DH's face and cut him with her little razor nails, and the cut got infected. So he's miserable and sick. Hence me with the baby this late at night. He usually takes the night shift and I get the mornings. Poor guy. :
ouch! katie is dangerous. hope dh heals quickly....

and yeah, ours was thickened bm too... 5 teaspoons bm to 1 teaspoon cereal does not cereal make...

still going really slow on it though. jonah will take more food from his daddy then he will from me... he kicks merrily and begs for more when dh is feeding him and only takes a bite or two when it's me or he smells me.... asking for the straight mama milk only please.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:25 PM

okay, starting a new thread for December....

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...93#post6664293

User Tag List