Those Chatty June 06 Mamas! We chatted out the July06 mamas in a week!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2006, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
can i just ask: is this really considered "breaking news"????

Britney Spears filed a petition for divorce from Kevin Federline in Los Angeles County Superior Court today citing "irreconcilable differences."
:

i mean, cnn worthy? tabloid, maybe, but cnn??? and anyway, is anyone really surprised?

sorry, totally off topic but i just got the "breaking news" and so :
No, sadly I am not surprised. American mainstream (a word I generally hate using, but in this case...) news is a joke.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2006, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Now, I need to make a prototype of each kind, and get you guys to try them and see if they work well and it makes sense to venture in to the WAHM world.
Another wrap/carrier obsessed mama volunteering to test drive!! :

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Old 11-07-2006, 08:14 PM

sarah - great idea. would also love to test drive : i'm in need of something different. the sling just doesn't work as good as it did about a month ago. he's too big for it now imo. sending you full-term labor vibes too.

hidden zipper. that sounds good to me..

about the news - they only show what will get the best ratings and sadly enough, that does.

question:

why is it that everytime i take a drive in the car, a huge sense of sadness comes over me about not being pg anymore? i can't explain it. it's like everytime i'm driving for a long distance (30m+) i start feeling like i want another baby, i want my belly back....
Old 11-07-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
question:

why is it that everytime i take a drive in the car, a huge sense of sadness comes over me about not being pg anymore? i can't explain it. it's like everytime i'm driving for a long distance (30m+) i start feeling like i want another baby, i want my belly back....
For me, it's because in the car I used to rub my belly and feel her kick and dance to whatever music I was listening to. Now I don't get to feel that anymore.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
Old 11-07-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
question:

already mama??? sheesh, i didn't start feeling like i wanted another after ds1 until he was um, 1 1/2??? are you planning more? can't remember back to that thread.... if yes, what spacing this time?

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:12 PM

Test drive,me too! I love wraps/carriers I showed a mama how to baby wear at the drug store today then again at the library and then I went to my favorite baby store, they sell new/used things and this woman carring a bucket asks about my wrap so i show her all the ones they have(I had nothing else to do today. ) and told her all the benifits of wearing your baby and a little about AP she ended up buying a maya wrap: BW is a disease!

I did not bf my ds1 I eped for him untill he was about 4 mos old: with a hand pump what a pita. My ds2 was about 27 mos or so when he weened but i had the freezer stocked so both kids were getting bm for quite a while after he stopped nursing, I do feel great regret that i didn't seek help for my ds1 he never caught on to nursing,I think now maybe if he was fully bfed he would not be so thin(6y/o 40#).

Olivia will bf as long as she would like. If she's 12 and inviting her friends over for lunch,we'll have to talk

Is there an acceptable cut off point ? for me it would have to be about 6 y/othen I guess it would not be clw, baby calls

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Lindsey - That's scary! Glad she was ok. Was she between the two of you? Maybe if you just put her on your side? Hmm..

On the food note: I think Elijah is gonna be like that. He already acts like he wants to eat. : I feel bad eating in front of him sometimes.
Yeah she sleeps between us. I tried having her only on my side but she rolls over in her sleep and I'm afraid she'll fall off the bed...and Dh won't put the bed on the floor until spring for warmth :

I had her in her playpen with the bassinet next to the bed last night but I really missed her. I guess I could kick Lee out of the room for awhile.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:44 PM

Lindsey, we made a bolster pillow kind of like the Tres Tria, it goes under the fitted sheet at the edge of the bed. Baby speed bump, basically.

Sarah, that's an awesome idea! We have a small diaper bag, and it's still a pain while wearing a wrap. Would it be possible to make the pocket waterproof? I'm thinking drool and barf frequently soak our wrap these days, so wouldn't want my wallet in on that action. I know Harper would be obsessed with playing with a drawstring with a toggle. That could be either good or bad, who knows?

I'm thinking of getting little cards printed with where to buy the various carriers we use. I get asked all the time. One woman was pulling out from a parking meter and stopped and leaped out of the car to ask me where I got the wrap! She was pregnant and wanted breastfeeding advice too.

Harper voted for the first time!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:06 PM

Alex is almost four and a half months and he has started solids. I had to stop bf when he was sick months old because I was very sick. He was on formula and it didn't agree with him so we tried adding the cereal and that didn't work, so we tried giving him solids about a month ago. It works soooo well, he would spit up the whole bottle before and then want to eat again 30 minutes later. Now he goes about four hours and keeps his bottles down. He loves his food and if you don't feed him fast enough he gets mad. He tires to take out food off of our plates when we are eating. It was funny because I was eating ice cream the other night with a spoon and he thought it was for him and started screaming. I had to quit eating it because I felt so bad. But his ped said it was ok because of the circumstances. He said if i was still bf or he was doing fine on the folrumla we wouldn't of suggested it. But it seems to be working for us.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Maggie voted today for the first time too! She was bored, she fell asleep in the sling right away. Liz voted twice. She went w me and then with dh a while later.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 11-07-2006, 11:01 PM

Okay, so maybe waterproof lining on the pocket. That could get tricky, but it's doable I think. Just a matter of incorporating the right fabrics. I think instead of a hidden zipper, hidden velcro would work better. That way I could make a totally separate flap over the pocket. At least until I can afford to invest in a snap press. Then I can offer an option. Velcro is fast and easy.

So much to think about! :

Just got back from orientation. It was alright. Kinda lame, but that's the nature of the beast. At least the person leading training fully recognized that the videos were ridiculous and horribly acted. So, I go in tomorrow to shadow one of the cashiers, and then I'm on my own. The store opens at 6am on Black Friday. Our local outlets open at midnight. Crazy.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 11-07-2006, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
. The store opens at 6am on Black Friday. Our local outlets open at midnight. Crazy.
I guess some malls are opening at midnight after Thanksgiving. I wonder if the suit who made that decision will be working right along side all those employees or in bed in a turkey induced coma??

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 11-07-2006, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Harper voted for the first time!
So did DD and DS! DD with me, DS with DH. THen DH and I talked with DS about his responsibility to vote as we walked out - I felt so grown up!

I've been thinking of what we're going to do now that DD is clearly too big for her bassinet....DS sleeps between us when he stumbles in from his room at some point every night (he starts in his room then joins us later), and we don't have a wall to push the bed up against on its side, so I've been thinking of having DH fashion some sort of pack N play-sized platform (so I could use the PNP mattress and sheets, since we don't use the PNP itself anymore anyway) with a railing around it and then sidecarring that to our bed. DH is very handy, so I know if I gave him specs, he'd be able to build it for me. We did have a snug-tuck pillow on DS's toddler bed for a while, which I loved, but I don't think I feel comfortable with DD next to it quite yet, she's still so young - unless I put it under the sheet as PP suggested....hmmmmmm....maybe I'll try that and see how I like it...though DD doesn't sleep as well next to me, cause she smells me and gets shook up by the other 3 of us tossing/turning. She'll sleep all night in the bassinet (with the side dropped down) right next to the bed, less than a foot away from me, but if she's on the same surface as me, she wakes several times at night...and...well, I guess I'm being selfish : . She's clearlythriving (remember, 26-1/2 inches and 17pounds 9 ounces at 4 months!), and I'm enjoying the uninterrupted sleep! I've got to do some thinking about this...our bed is really cramped right now as it is, so I think an extension to it is better than trying to cram one more person in it.

Sarah, I'm glad training wasn't too bad, I hope you continue to feel OK while working!

Megs, how's my cybertwin? :

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Old 11-08-2006, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post

I've been thinking of what we're going to do now that DD is clearly too big for her bassinet....DS sleeps between us when he stumbles in from his room at some point every night (he starts in his room then joins us later), and we don't have a wall to push the bed up against on its side, so I've been thinking of having DH fashion some sort of pack N play-sized platform (so I could use the PNP mattress and sheets, since we don't use the PNP itself anymore anyway) with a railing around it and then sidecarring that to our bed. DH is very handy, so I know if I gave him specs, he'd be able to build it for me.
This was shown to me by a person at my local birth center. We just built our version tonight. I'll try to get some pictures soon.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:12 AM

Ruby voted last night. Oregon is all mail in ballots. so I voted in bed in my pjs.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Getting back to tv talk: My dd1 is downstairs now watching Dancing with the B list. She is changing clothes with each dance but keeps the wedgie shoes style on.

We also had a talk w dd1 about her needing to vote every year and why.

Our room is not big enough to put a crib in, but that is a most awesome idea.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:39 AM

I think that picture is probably how we're (read: I'm ) going to end up side-carring Jackson's crib in the new house. I love saying "new house" It's wonderful that we get to move in to a place with plenty of room for all 6 of us, plus guests, and our rent will change by...nothing. It's a blessing that we found it!

If I can ever get the card reader to work, I'll post pics of the new house.

DH has been tracking the votes status, and said more than likely Democrats are going to be very happy tonight. Just thought I'd pass that on. He's planning to watch the voting coverage tonight, which I think sounds about as exciting as watching paint dry, but it's all him.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 11-08-2006, 12:41 AM

are there actually babies that stay on the crib side? hmmm... never worked for us... i would end up trying to squeeze into the crib myself... ds1 and 2 like to sleep right next to the boob--occassionally with a hand on it to make sure it is still there...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:52 AM

Sarah, I am so in on the wrap action, should you be so inclined.

We're going to try the side car at some point I guess. At least just to justify the crib purchase (used), and to assuage DH.

More later, I just spent hours cleaning the house and want to go to BED

Oh, clw. I plan on it, but hope that PHilip's idea of CLW is also mine!
Old 11-08-2006, 01:32 AM

Hi everyone....

On CLW, definitely. I would personally never wean before my child wanted to. Well, unless God forbid there were a legitimate medical reason (which are very few, but we've had moms come to LLL for help with forced weaning if they have to go on chemo or something drastic like that, so sad ) My DD1 weaned during this last pregnancy; she was not quite 3 1/2, and I would have been fine with continuing (I actually thought it would be neat to be "triandem nursing" ) DD2 shows no signs of weaning, in fact she's going through a milkies-obsessed stage where she wants to nurse almost as much as DS does! :

For those who said they weren't quite comfortable with the thought of total CLW, just take it one day at a time! I was actually one of those people who said, when I was pg with my first, "Oh I will only nurse for 1 year, I would never be one of those 'extremists' who nurse forever and go to LLL meetings' and now here I am, one of the biggest lactivists I know The thing is, it's hard to imagine until you get there, but they get "big" so quickly, all of a sudden they are turning one or two or three and to other people they look big but to you they still totally feel like your baby when you hold them and nurse them. :

Anyway I think it's interesting, Katherine Dettwyler, a scientist who is pretty much the world's leading authority on anthropology and breastfeeding, has done years and years of research on normal breastfeeding patterns (i.e., what happens in traditional cultures where the natural course of bfing is not interrupted by artificial feeding products, marketing, societal roadblocks, weird cultural hangups, etc.) and based on those studies as well as analysis of our anatomy (when our final teeth come in, when our immune systems are fully developed) she concluded that the natural age of weaning for humans is anywhere between 2 1/2 and 7 years, and a good average duration for nursing would be around 4-5 years. She says anything under 2 1/2 should be considered premature weaning and discouraged (and usually, up to that point, what sometimes appears to be self-weaning is really a nursing strike or some other temporary situation and the child will go back to the breast with some time and encouragement.)

Anyway even on MDC I'm sure some of you will find that kind of weird, but I thought I'd share anyhow

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Old 11-08-2006, 01:40 AM

Oh and on hospital costs, wow, I can't believe some of those bills! Thank God for insurance! Really, I sometimes forget how lucky we are to have such a good policy - DH's employer offers a few options and we were able to take the cheapest premium, the HMO (I think we pay $100/month or so), because it happened that they have a huge network here and all the good doctors and midwives etc. that I wanted to use were in the network anyway, so why pay more. So I have no idea what Andrew's birth and NICU stay cost - I never even saw the bills. I paid nothing, not one cent. Actually I did pay one single $15 copay at my first midwife visit, but that was for my entire 9 months of maternity care and the hospital was in network so covered 100%. I wish that were the case for everyone!

And what other topics did I miss....oh yeah TV! I have to get TiVo in the new house! No, really, I shouldn't - I am trying not to watch too much TV, it really tempts me to waste way too much time. But I can't resist. Call me a big cheeseball but I am a soap opera addict I have watched my soaps since I was like 12 and watching them with my mom! I keep saying I gotta give up these dumb shows but then I find myself wondering what's happening and taping them, to watch my guilty pleasure late at night after the kids are asleep!

And yeah, like everyone in the country I am getting addicted to Grey's Anatomy, too. Stop me!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Old 11-08-2006, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
Getting back to tv talk: My dd1 is downstairs now watching Dancing with the B list. She is changing clothes with each dance but keeps the wedgie shoes style on.
Heh -- we love that show. Complete guilty pleasure. I *do* want to give Joey Lawrence a wig and a valium, though...

BFM, thanks for the CLW info & reassurance -- and honesty about how you felt the first time you were faced with it. It's nice to hear how it worked out for you.

My cousin was an instant "triandem" nurser... triplets! It was astonishing to behold...

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
are there actually babies that stay on the crib side? hmmm... never worked for us... i would end up trying to squeeze into the crib myself... ds1 and 2 like to sleep right next to the boob--occassionally with a hand on it to make sure it is still there...
Oh yeah I know that one, B grabs onto my bra or shirt or necklace with a kung fu grip so I cant go anywhere.I like this crib idea nad showed DH tonight, B has been kicking the heck outta both of us at night, so I think we will try this one out. It would be cool maybe I can find a comforter and make a matching crib set, I will defentlly take picks.

***To Harper's momma and daddy***

your pictures have inspired me to give up on my 2k rainbow vacuum and ask for a nice digital SLR instead...and a hoover windtunnel. I love taking picks its one of my passions...

holy cow B is tryingout his super sonic scream and he is so bouncy has to bounce and move even in his sleep its insanity I cant put him down or he will get so mad : I gave away a jumper chair and I am now kicking myself for that...what was I thinking, he would so dig a jumper he could bounce to his hearts content. Okay gotta go dance with my baby.

umm what is CLW?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Have a question, and I know y'all will be honest with me.

I bought 5 yards of fabric to make a no sew wrap, and was loving it. No work required! However, I got tired of having to carry the diaper bag/backpack/purse in addition to carrying Sam. So, I took my wrap, found the center, and sewed a panel across the middle, leaving it open at the top. Now, I can toss my wallet/keys/a diaper/cell phone and Sam's bottle in the little center pouch that I made. I'm thinking that I'll take it one step further and finish the edges of the wrap, taper the ends to make it easier to tie, and add individual pockets to the panel so that there are more organized slots for keeping keys/wallet etc., and then the big area in between the pockets and the wrap itself for the bigger stuff. Make sense?

So the question is, do you think this is a marketable idea? If so, how much would you be willing to pay for a wrap with a built-in-purse (basically)?
I did this with the wraps I made too! I like the pocket - you can fit a lot of stuff in there! ...and definitely taper the ends, it makes it so much easier to tie Do you have a serger to finish the edges? That's probably the easiest way. I don't know that I'd make organized slots...that might get too complicated, the one big pocket works well...that's just my 2 cents though.

I've made many carriers myself this time around and I constantly get comments on them...I bet you'd do well...and depending on what you pay for your fabric, you could make some good money.

My favorite is a pouch I made out of a pair of old jeans with stretch in them - it's my go-to carrier now. I used the pockets from the jeans to make pockets on the pouch - you could do that on the wraps too - they look so cute! ...oh not cute...I mean vintage

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 11-08-2006, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikiamber View Post
Oh yeah I know that one, B grabs onto my bra or shirt or necklace with a kung fu grip so I cant go anywhere.I like this crib idea nad showed DH tonight, B has been kicking the heck outta both of us at night, so I think we will try this one out. It would be cool maybe I can find a comforter and make a matching crib set, I will defentlly take picks.

***To Harper's momma and daddy***

your pictures have inspired me to give up on my 2k rainbow vacuum and ask for a nice digital SLR instead...and a hoover windtunnel. I love taking picks its one of my passions...

holy cow B is tryingout his super sonic scream and he is so bouncy has to bounce and move even in his sleep its insanity I cant put him down or he will get so mad : I gave away a jumper chair and I am now kicking myself for that...what was I thinking, he would so dig a jumper he could bounce to his hearts content. Okay gotta go dance with my baby.

umm what is CLW?
i have a rainbow if you haven't gone the wind tunnel route yet - shipping might be the only problem. PM me if you're interested...

CLW is child led weaning...

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 11-08-2006, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
My favorite is a pouch I made out of a pair of old jeans with stretch in them - it's my go-to carrier now. I used the pockets from the jeans to make pockets on the pouch - you could do that on the wraps too - they look so cute! ...oh not cute...I mean vintage

I need to see pictures of this pouch! from jeans realy sounds neat. I don't have any pouches, but im short 5'3" I had a new native and I sold it. It hung below my waist.

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:18 AM

ok, ladies, I don't get computer time for a couple days and not only is the previous thread more than a few pages ahead of where I last read, but now there's a new thread w/ a total of 8 pages in 2 days!!!!!!!!! Wow, we can talk!! Needless to say I wasn't able to read all the pages or I'd never catch up..

On the medical bills...When we had the emer. c-section w/ my 2nd, the bill was a little over $11,000. We had insurance of course, but we still ended up paying over $600. W/ J.C since it was a VBAC it was more than a regular vaginal, so we owe $509. Then of course I had my hospital stay in august when I threw up blood and they did an endoscope and found out I had a bleeding ulcer, so after a 4 day stay in the hospital and a blood transfusion, we just got the bill and even after insurance paid, we still owe over $700!! Then I had my epidural steroid injections for my back for my bulging L5 L1 disc and we just got the bill for that and they (I had 2) will cost us about a $1000. Oh, and did I mention my dh had kidney stones the same week I had my back procedure!! Needless to say, we're up to our eyeballs in med bills and thankfully have insurance. I can't even imagine what we'd owe if we didn't!!

I really like the pocket on the pouch idea. I made myself a knock off Moby and made a panel on the front like the Moby D, but never thought to make it a big pocket!! Awesome idea and one I will borrow

On the tv issue. We have a DVR and couldn't survive without it. That way the kids can come first and we can get family dinner, baths, and bedtime prayers and stories over, then we can sit down and watch a few of our favorites. We are total die hard Survivor and Amazing Race fans, but since we got Direct Tv instead of our cable, we haven't had local channels yet, so we've not seen them much this season. Oh well, not like we haven't found anymore shows to replace those LOL!!

ok, I can't remember much more....Oh, Sarah, I have some boy baby stuff from J.C that I'm selling on the TP. Onesies and some sleepers and such for really cheap. If you need anything, just let me know

Off to bed with me...can't believe its 11pm already!!!!!

Oh, just a last minute thought. Has anyone seen the new Borat movie? We watched his shoe "De Ali G show" on HBO a few times and its hilarious!!! So we went tonight to see the movie at the theatre and I haven't laughed that hard in my whole life!! A total must see if you don't mind raunchy comedy. I think I peed myself a litte J.C slept thru the whole thing and even the loud, obnoxious laughing of the whole theatre didnt wake him up! Go figure...
Old 11-08-2006, 11:17 AM

Kelly - I think we're going to be good on baby boy clothes for a while. One of my playfroup friends gave me two big boxes of clothes from her son, ranging from newborn to 24months, so once I go through all of those and get them sorted out and in drawers, I'll have a better idea of what I might need.

LeighAnne - Gee thanks...you couldn't just let me think I was original, now could you?

Ugh. I have to get ready for work. And it's raining, and I don't want to haul Bubba across town in the rain. At least the sitter is one of the awesomest moms in playgroup, and she's taking Sam (and her own two kids, ages 2 1/2 and 10 months!) to another friend's house to play this afternoon, so Bubbas will be around a LOT of kids today, which she loves.

The girl who watched her for me last night (seriously, I never see my child anymore ) said that when Samantha got there, her son, Owen (he's about 3 I think) squealed when I rang the doorbell. He was the one who ripped the door open, but then he put on his shy face, so I didn't get the brunt of his excitement. He wanted to hold Sam, and play with her, and feed her, and wanted to keep her, because his baby sister (about two weeks older than Sam) scratches him and pulls his hair, but Sam doesn't do that. Apparently when Angie (the mom) laid Sam and her daughter down on the floor together to play, Owen built a barrier between them so that Madisyn couldn't scratch Samantha. He was SO disappointed when DH picked her up last night to bring her home!

And finally (since I won't get to update ALL day!) we discovered last night that even though we put 200 gallons of oil in the tank on Saturday, we have no heat. Pretty sure there's a leak in the line, because the tank sounds empty, according to DH. I banged on it, and it doesn't sound empty to me, but he swears it. Luckily, we're renting, so it's not our responsibility to fix it, but at the same time, it was 35 last night. DH is going to talk to our management company and see if they'll let us start moving in to our new house now instead of waiting two weeks like we were going to. This house we're in now just has TOO MANY PROBLEMS!

Alright, I'm done. Have a great day, ladies. I'll miss you. :

Old 11-08-2006, 12:44 PM

mcimom is back! I like seeing your avatar around. it calms me.

mommy2girlies - we are terrible aren't we? i went away for halloween weekend plus a day or two and we had gone through 3 threads :

sehbub - good luck with the job today! try and take it slow and don't overdo it. i'll be thinking about you today... also, sheesh, i noticed you just joined this year and already have double my post??? okay, so i don't always get to post but sheesh... :

BundleFishMama - i just recently started back on general hospital. dang show, keeps bringing me back and i keep leaving fed up with the writers.... :

you know, having the dvr actually makes it so that i don't aimlessly flip so often so i think it has actually cut my tv time. and b/c i can watch it whenever i am in the mood, i can do it during naps or when jonah just wants me to hold him and do absolutely nothing else or he will get fussy. or after i get the boys in bed so that i can unwind at the end of the day...

Old 11-08-2006, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Bundlefish- thanks for the pretzals!!! DH didnt know I hid two of them in the pantry, he thought there was only one bag. Then he found them!

Glad the election is behind us. I am so sick of those political ads coming in the mail, on the news, radio, etc plus all those signs all over the place. Hopefully the campaigns are going around today to take them down.

Last week I received a congrats on your new baby from our Gov of Ill. There was a vax card and a reminder to start vaxing her after 8 weeks old. Also the first lady put a card in there reminding me that it is legal to breastfeed anywhere in IL. This is all great but my new baby is 9 mos old, he was running for reelection (which he won) and it was on the news that several families got new baby cards last week. Most of them also had new babies over 6 mos old. As dh said, well he may drum up some votes!

User Tag List