hard poo - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-17-2006, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, I am new to post to this forum, but have read a lot of the threads and need some advise. My lo is 6 mos. and was exclusively bf for 5.5 months. I started him on solids (once a day--like a fruit or veggie) and now seems to have difficulty with pooing. His poos are small and hard when he does have them. He goes about once or twice every 2-3 days (use to be once every 5-7 days w/exclusive bf.) Do you think I should stop the solids and just give straight bm? Or should I continue and just give the veggies/fruits that promote poo (such as pears, apricots and no apples/bananas). Thanks for reading! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-18-2006, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
How much does he eat? Does he self-feed or do you give purees? Definately cut out the apples and bananas, but if he's only eating a little food at his own pace self fed I wouldn't worry about that. Maybe offer a bit less though.
#3 of 5 Old 11-18-2006, 01:27 AM

Mya went through this a month ago. What helped for her was backing off the solids and bf more, giving water when she ate, and cutting back on the bananas and carrots. Hope your lo is better soon!
#4 of 5 Old 11-18-2006, 01:36 AM

stop all solids until he has a regular bm, then start them back in, with non binding foods.
#5 of 5 Old 11-18-2006, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans_mum View Post
stop all solids until he has a regular bm, then start them back in, with non binding foods.
:

Only I'd stay away from solids for a few weeks at least. When you start back with them, don't spoon feed, allow him to self feed.

-Angela

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page