Hittin' the half year mark with the July Mamas - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwickmama View Post
elsanne, congrats!!-so now we have a location for our ddc retreat next yr right?
: I was totally gonna say that too.
#422 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 02:44 PM

Congrats Witt!!! I wish you both all the happiness in the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
Oh thanks, THIS is what I was wanting to hear!
And no nappy rashes here, ever...
Good, glad I could help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
Thanks for that. Do you know of something that is a little less..um...pricey? Dh isn't convinced on homeopathics and won't go for something that pricey. I have some chammomile, will that work you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Here's the rundown: I have been offered the chance to run a retreat center down here! Just like *here*, here's your amazing gorgeous huge beautiful house in the country, I'd like it to be a retreat center, money is no object. Go for it. I am so excited!!!
WAHOO Elsanne!!!! That is fantastic news!

Cori - pm me your addy and I'll get that cd out to you on Monday

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#423 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 02:53 PM
~pi

Elsanne, congrats!! :

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#424 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr View Post

Thanks for that. Do you know of something that is a little less..um...pricey? Dh isn't convinced on homeopathics and won't go for something that pricey. I have some chammomile, will that work you think?
you think that's expencive? A single homeopathic remedy by Boiron is almost $9! And you might not get the right one and keep buying new one after new one after you finally find one that helps you might end up paying $50!
This spray will last you at least a year. Unless you use it every single day at least 6 times - even then it will last about 2 months.
since you already have chamomilla then sure give it a try!
here's another combination remedy by different company that I like and it's few $ cheaper: http://www.liddell.net/prodview.asp?prodID=60

I totally understand that $20 is a lot when you simply don't have it, but believe me it's a good price.

here's breife description of symptoms that chamomilla covers:
http://72.29.197.17:591/boericke/FMP...d=33932&-find=
#425 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 03:40 PM

hi ya
thanks for the congrats
Elsanne your dream job sounds awesome.... don't you looove the "money is no object" phrase <sigh> I don't hear it often enough

I love the a is for atom chart

pi - you would have been in Golden Bay I think in Nelson which is truly a beautiful spot.... ahh now I'm jealous

GTG baby crying
#426 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 03:54 PM

: yeah, it's a bit expensive. We'll just see what we can do with what we've got. Thanks Pav.

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#427 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwickmama View Post
elsanne, congrats!!-so now we have a location for our ddc retreat next yr right?
You Betcha!!! I am working on this with my maymamas from dd1's group, and I would totally be into working one out for us! We just need to see who is semi-serious about this. We'd be talking around $700 per family for a week's vacation in a luxurious home, communally living with the rest of us! The airfare can be spendy (~$650 from pdx & abq last I saw) to BJX, the airport code for Leon, Mexico. But, with proper planning and fiscal responsibility, anything's possible! So, by a quick show of hands, who could swing something like this in about a year? Then we'll know whether we should reserve the space and we can talk nitty gritty details on YG.
#428 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 08:18 PM

Elsanne, congrats! That sounds like an amazing opportunity.

And yeah, we'd be interested. As a family though, with some girls nights out or something... I wouldn't be ready to leave the babe within the next 2 years or so!

In other news, DD1 was better yesterday, but this morning she got a fever again. This time it went up to 102. She was miserable... all she did was lay on the floor in front of the fire. I finally caved and gave her tylenol because she was complaining about her head hurting... and she was a new kid. Amazing. We went out for a while until the tylenol wore off and she started getting crabby and whiny again. I'm really starting to wonder if this is the flu now. Maybe it started as a cold and then the flu crept in when her immune system wasn't looking.
#429 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 08:40 PM

It's 1:30am here right now and ds will NOT go to sleep. We've been having sleep issues lately. He sleeps through the night (thank G-d) but we're having real problems falling asleep when it's time. I'm going to wake him up really early tomorrow.

Sorry I've been so scarce!!
#430 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 10:43 PM

Who posted on Charmarty's thread in TAO?? I remember that one of you did but not the name. Pm me if you are that person.

We are doing fine.

Just busy with the girls.

Cori~ Check your pm.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#431 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 10:44 PM

Elsanne ~ I would love to meet everyone. Just depends on how much$$ it's going to be with the airlines fares.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#432 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
You Betcha!!! I am working on this with my maymamas from dd1's group, and I would totally be into working one out for us! We just need to see who is semi-serious about this. We'd be talking around $700 per family for a week's vacation in a luxurious home, communally living with the rest of us! The airfare can be spendy (~$650 from pdx & abq last I saw) to BJX, the airport code for Leon, Mexico. But, with proper planning and fiscal responsibility, anything's possible! So, by a quick show of hands, who could swing something like this in about a year? Then we'll know whether we should reserve the space and we can talk nitty gritty details on YG.
I'd love to go! My Dh is half Mexican and he's never been to Mexico and I would definetly love to go. Tell us more about the area where you live please. What is it like there? I have absolutelly NO IDEA.
It sounds like pretty good deal for a week of great vaccation.
#433 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
If next year gets better financially, then I might be in a position to save some of our tax return for something like this, have a yard sale (or two), and make it work. It would be easy to convince dh to go to Mexico. He visited when he was on a small ship in the Navy, and had nothing but good things to say about it. It would have to be a family trip for us, too, with dd being so young. Also, since ds is in school now, it would have to be a summer trip for us, so a year from now wouldn't work for us, but a year and a half from now would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post

In other news, DD1 was better yesterday, but this morning she got a fever again. This time it went up to 102. She was miserable... all she did was lay on the floor in front of the fire.
to you and your dd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinestarr View Post
It's 1:30am here right now and ds will NOT go to sleep.
Wishing you very soon!

We spent the day doing some free family stuff. There's a brand new pedestrian bridge over the Arkansas river that we needed to explore. It's pretty large...over 3400 feet of walking/biking trail. It's supposed to be the world's longest pedestrian bridge. It's quite nice and crosses over the lock and dam. So in the area there are two locks, this one and a smaller one further down. So the "local" name for the larger dam is the "big dam". The real name is the Murray Lock and Dam. Now what's the point of sharing all of this, you ask? Well, only in Arkansas would they choose to name it

The Big Dam Bridge.

I just love hearing my ds talk about "the big dam bridge". http://www.bigdambridge.com/party/about.aspx lest you think I'm pulling your leg.

Despite it's silly name, it is really nice and we enjoyed it today. We even watched barges go through the lock.
#434 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 11:37 PM

WOW that's a big dam bridge. I'm sure everyone is tired after walking that.

#435 of 1217 Old 12-09-2006, 11:52 PM

: The airfare for 2 adults and 3 kids in seats would cost me about 6 644.57$ not counting the fare for the resort. Ouch!!!

Even if it's just me and dd3, it would cost me about 2 999.94$ for just airfare.

#436 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 12:00 AM

Elsanne, dh wants to know if there is a good bass fishing lake nearby :
#437 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 12:02 AM

Sandrine, I wonder if it would be cheaper to mix up the flights. For example, is it cheaper to fly from Canada halfway to someplace like Dallas, then get a seperate flight from Dallas to Mexico? I'd be willing to open up my home as a halfway point if anyone needed an overnight stay on the way.
#438 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 12:05 AM

Let me look...

#439 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 12:07 AM

Which airports is closest to you??

DFW-All airports or DAL Love field

#440 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 12:13 AM

I choosed DAL and i'm saving 32$ for just me and dd3.

#441 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 12:55 AM

Where is everyone??? Busy with bible studies???

#442 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Where is everyone??? Busy with bible studies???
Dh wishes. And has said as much.
#443 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 01:07 AM

Same here. Dh wishes for bible studies but no thanks.

#444 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 01:08 AM

hey we have 2 converstions going.

#445 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 01:10 AM

Such talented multi-tasking women we are! And I'm also watching Pirates of the Caribbean at the same time.
#446 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 01:24 AM

I'm watching the Billboards 2006 Awards.

#447 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 02:02 AM

we'll be coming to the UK in about 2 years so we could swing by Mexico on the way.......... can we make it for 2008?

as for air fares.......... you don't even want to know how much it costs to get 2 adults and 3 kids from NZ to the UK
#448 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 02:10 AM

I got to chat with Tanya this evening. It was lots of fun!!!

I hope we can do that again with everyone too.

#449 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 02:28 AM
~pi

Elsanne, we would be more likely to be able to afford something like that -- both in terms of vacation time and total cost -- if it were a long weekend rather than a whole week. I am a maybe, though. I love the idea, but it would be tough for me to make this a financial priority when we have family scattered across the country and around the globe. We still haven't made it to Switzerland to visit my sister.

Hey, Sandrine, how's the card list?

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#450 of 1217 Old 12-10-2006, 02:52 AM

hey this time 3 yrs ago i was just going into labour with ely
ahhh they grow so fast

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page