Hittin' the half year mark with the July Mamas - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-11-2006, 03:20 AM
~pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak

we have signing! the only sign we do consistently is milk, and i thought ds had echoed it back to me a few times, but i wasn't sure he was getting it until tonight.

We were visiting FIL, and I had just nursed DS on both sides. Then FIL was holding DS when DS stuck out his hand and made what looked like the milk sign three times. I thought it must be a weird coincidence, because he doesn't usually cluster feed like that anymore, but just in case, I took him back and opened up the milk bar again. He nursed enthusiastically for a good 5-10 minutes! It was really cool.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2006, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
nak

we have signing! the only sign we do consistently is milk, and i thought ds had echoed it back to me a few times, but i wasn't sure he was getting it until tonight.

We were visiting FIL, and I had just nursed DS on both sides. Then FIL was holding DS when DS stuck out his hand and made what looked like the milk sign three times. I thought it must be a weird coincidence, because he doesn't usually cluster feed like that anymore, but just in case, I took him back and opened up the milk bar again. He nursed enthusiastically for a good 5-10 minutes! It was really cool.
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! That is FANTASTIC news!!! My kiddos never sign this early, and I teach the darn classes!!! I am so excited for you! Keep it up Mama!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:42 AM

Jessica - I tried to pm this to you and your box is full...so here it is..boy I hope you read this tonight!

Ergh...I accidentally deleted your address : Will you send it to me again? I am getting that diaper bag out to you tomorrow...with a white noise cd enclosed!

Old 12-11-2006, 04:36 AM

Maria.. That's AWESOME. I need to get back into signing. Why did I stop!?! I had an awesome dream that ds and I were signing to each other and I decided that morning that I would start again.. Have I..? no..
Old 12-11-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
Emergen-C is what kept me from getting worse last week when I was sick. I took it 4-5 times a day, and it really, really helped.

Am I the only one just not interested in Bible study?
nope. I'm not interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
Thank you!!

Say, is everyone else, except you working momma's in the same boat as far as not having left your babe alone with anyone else yet?
I don't think you're weird - I don't leave my babies for several months. I distinctly remember leaving my last baby with my husband for about 20 minutes while I drove down the road with my friend to see a house for sale. I guess he was 5-6 mos? In general, he was easier to leave than the first two - who were not easily comforted by anyone but me.

I do hope this baby is easily comforted by dp because I do think I'll be ok with leaving him for short periods if I'm staying in town (very small town, 5 min drives), particularly once he's enjoying some solids and I know he can get fed if necessary.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:56 AM

I left my babe at a friends house for 2 minutes to get something from my house and I still feel guilty about it.. Silly, I know. He was fine. :
Old 12-11-2006, 12:04 PM

That's great news, Maria. I want to take the class in Jan with dd3. They offer it at the Early yrs Centre up here. I need to call and sign up.

I have errands to do today but i don't want to, *sign*

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 12-11-2006, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, ladies, it's the Grinch again. Bible Study is officially over. Please note that MDC takes the following stance on sexual conversations:
Quote:
You are expected to avoid the following when you post:
Posting of profane or sexually explicit text. Discussions of a sexual nature should be within the realm of topics inherent to Mothering discussions such as sex after delivery, sex and the family bed, etc.
http://www.mothering.com/mdc/mdc_useragreement.html

And while most of the conversation has not been too explict, there is the additional problem of referring to coitus as "Bible Study" being offensive to some of our members who believe that Bible Study is actually studying the Bible.
Quote:
1. Posting in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual,(in this case, group of individuals) including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, namecalling, personal attack, or in any way which violates the law.
If you have a question or problem, kindly bring it to me via PM.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 12-11-2006, 12:43 PM

This was sent to me today. It's a little Nativity lactivism.

Oops. PM me if you want to see it. Caught my little UA violation in advance.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:51 PM
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr View Post
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! That is FANTASTIC news!!! My kiddos never sign this early, and I teach the darn classes!!! I am so excited for you! Keep it up Mama!!!
Well, he still isn't rolling yet at 5.5 months (except to roll onto his side at night to nurse) so clearly all his developmental energy is going into this.

And, in honour of Jessica, I present:

Gearing up for the 6 month growth spurt - a haiku

Nurse each hour all night
Up a cup size again and
Thankful we cosleep.

Tanya, :

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 12-11-2006, 12:52 PM

That's is so cute and hilarious!!! they are our future lactivists(sp).

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 12-11-2006, 12:55 PM

Sandrine, Elsanne can't pick on you this time. You got the spelling right on lactivists. It's one of those words that makes me double-check.

How's everyone's Monday going?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:59 PM

I'm glad that i wrote it right then. And thanks for letting me know. I have a few words that i never know how to spell and no one tell me the right way after i wrote it.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:03 PM

Cute haiku, Maria. Apparently the bar was open all night last night here, too. I look at how fat she is and think "surely you've got reserves?" But I still roll closer to her and nurse her anyway
Old 12-11-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Cute haiku, Maria. Apparently the bar was open all night last night here, too. I look at how fat she is and think "surely you've got reserves?" But I still roll closer to her and nurse her anyway
I think the same thing but i get up with her and go nurse in the living room.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:58 PM

Hey, girls. I am soooo tired. I'm starting to get clumsy and my depth perception is way off. I'm sure that's from being tired. And my poor dh didn't get to sleep in at all this weekend. Our kids don't wake up til 8 or so. I'm finally getting some sort of handle on the chaos. Every time I look at my big girly I feel like a terrible momma. We were playing the other night, she was sitting in my lap and I was pretending to be asleep. SHe felt like she was falling back and I went to grab her and poked in her hard in her eye. I broke a blood vessle. It's all red and bloodshot. I hate it. Last night, I thought we should have it checked out but I was afraid somebody might call CPS or something. I was never really afraid of them before I became a non-vaxer. Also, my bro and SIL had CPS remove their kids, might also have caused my nervousness. My dh said it's fine and doesn't need to be looked at anyway. He says it's getting better not worse. My aunt agrees with him. I keep testing her to see if she can see okay. I'm such a freak, I worry about everything.
In other news, my aunt's son is coming for a visit. He's a great guy, but he's a thtief and pretty annoying. I think when he called he was asking to come and live here for a while. He's in CA and is homeless by choice. He usually wants to come live here when he's in trouble. Last time he was here, he stole from a construction site and sold all the stuff. It makes me a little nervous that he'll be here. We don't really have anything of value. Well, except the girls and I never leave them anyway. I guess he's going to come for a 3 week visit. My dh is feeling slightly nervous about this. My mom is really nervous about it. All we can do is hope for the best. I'm a little afraid that once he gets here, he won'tt wanna leave. We're all barely fitting here and barely making ends meet as it is. We can't afford to support him. Particularly, with food. We have just enough between us and my aunt sharing.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
That's great news, Maria. I want to take the class in Jan with dd3. They offer it at the Early yrs Centre up here. I need to call and sign up.
Where in Canada are you? One of my friends is in Montreal and she teaches the classes. She has a whole baby center, it's really cool. That is my shameless plug for her

Quote:
Well, he still isn't rolling yet at 5.5 months (except to roll onto his side at night to nurse) so clearly all his developmental energy is going into this.
teeheehee!! Our silly kiddos.

Ok, here is my haiku

She's a night owl
He's an early bird
When's a Mom to sleep?
Cookies

Quote:
Fantastic...ds is pooping right now. Boy, I love changing those :P It's snowing...I hate the cold...I think I am going to go live on an island somewhere.

Quote:
I had to roll her closer because I was cold last night So, I just kept the kitchen open all night...it was just wonderful. Now I'll go eat some cookies I made yesterday...hmmm...maybe that's why I'm having a hard time losing this baby weight.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:00 PM

Quote:

better then any day last week. finally got *some* sleep last night.

Teething teethnig teething last week
no sleep, crying baby,
puffy red eyes
clingy 3year old....what can I tell you.

I don't think he will ever go back to his 5-7 hour streches His stomach is now used to eating at least every 2-3 hours at night.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:03 PM

does anyone have troubles with their muscless or joints from night time nursing? Or is it just me? I am NOT tense when nursing but I still get really sore shoulders and neck muscless and every muscle in that area. It's really bad. :
Old 12-11-2006, 02:24 PM

My lower back is killing me every morning and my h ips are a little sore. Sometimes my neck, butt I've alwaysm had neck trouble as I am a belly sleeper. Sorry .

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Where in Canada are you? One of my friends is in Montreal and she teaches the classes. She has a whole baby center, it's really cool. That is my shameless plug for her
I live in Ontario. a bit far from Montreal. It's like 12hrs away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
does anyone have troubles with their muscless or joints from night time nursing? Or is it just me? I am NOT tense when nursing but I still get really sore shoulders and neck muscless and every muscle in that area. It's really bad. :
I don't have sore muscles from night time nursing but my lower back and hips are just hurting me all the time. It's probably from lifting a almost 20lbs baby and lifting also my 36lbs toddler. My preschool is a light-feather compare to dd2. She's only 32lbs.

That reminds me that i got dd3 weight last wed and she is a whooping 19lbs!!! I mesured her last sat and she is 26inches tall.

So i decided to change her carseat. What a hoopla that was. At least the weather was super nice, in the 0C and not -30C.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Jessica - I tried to pm this to you and your box is full...so here it is..boy I hope you read this tonight!

Ergh...I accidentally deleted your address : Will you send it to me again? I am getting that diaper bag out to you tomorrow...with a white noise cd enclosed!
Her addy is in the PM Sandrine sent

Quote:

That's awesome! Good for him, and good for you for teaching him.
Quote:
Gearing up for the 6 month growth spurt - a haiku

Nurse each hour all night
Up a cup size again and
Thankful we cosleep.
love it! E had a really hard night last night - I don't know what was bugging him but he was wiggling around like he was in pain. Teeth? Tummy? Who knows. We were up from 2-5. Yawn.

Quote:
Sluggishly, so far. And E is really fussy still this is very unlike him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
Yep. I always end up with an arm or hand bent some funny way. I love cosleeping but I don't sleep through nursing like some mamas can.

Well it has taken me almost 30 minutes to type this becuase Mr Fussypants doesn't know what he wants. So I'm off for a bit - much love to you all this fine day.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:37 PM

Old 12-11-2006, 02:39 PM

Oh yeah, my upper back and shoulders kill me every morning. What I wouldn't give for a good massage.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:47 PM

:

Old 12-11-2006, 03:30 PM

I'm about 5 -6 pages behind but wanted to say hi! Hope I can reply a little later...
Old 12-11-2006, 06:27 PM

Elsanne, dh just authorized ds to "key" his car with a shell while they were out fishing last Friday. It was dh's top priority for that to be done. This was just days after I commissioned sharpie art on my couch.

Amy ~
Old 12-11-2006, 07:14 PM

Locked for moderator and admin review.

A little reminder, though:

Quote:

1. Posting in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual, including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, namecalling, personal attack, or in any way which violates the law.
2. Posting of profane or sexually explicit text. Discussions of a sexual nature should be within the realm of topics inherent to Mothering discussions such as sex after delivery, sex and the family bed, etc.
3. Posting of copyrighted material without permission. Details of copyright guidelines are available here.
4. Posting to advertise your product or business. Acceptable advertising is available on the boards. Information may be obtained by contacting [email protected] for banner ads. Signature advertising information is available here.
5. Posting to invite members to other online discussion and posting venues for debate purposes or posting about discussions elsewhere online. This is to maintain and respect the integrity of our own and other communities.
6. Posting to debate or criticize the MDC User Agreement, or to otherwise discuss the moderators, administrators, or their actions. Constructive criticism and questions for purposes of clarification may be sent through the Private Message feature or by email to the moderator or administrator.
7. Posting to discuss the statements or behavior of a member or members on the board, or to criticize another discussion on the boards. Such issues should be directed to the moderator or administrator privately and not made a subject of discussion in a thread.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:41 PM

I'm opening this thread back up. Thanks for your patience. I appreciate it.

I still have some PMs to send, but I wanted to be quick in getting your thread back (and now it's dinnertime here). Anyway, I do want to give a quick explanation for the closures and edit requests. They are based on Mothering's policies on the topic, which are outlined below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher
Mothering has long been adamant that discussions of sex are not something that it will host beyond the few topics that are inherent to Mothering's focus here as a web presence, such as intercourse during pregnancy, after birth, sex and the family bed, the sexuality of breasts as a breastfeeding issue, discussing sex with our children, and so on. Please post those threads to the relevant forum for the topic.
So we mods will get reports and must moderate such posts that don't directly relate to the above topics.

For further clarification of Mothering's policies, you can also PM the administrators - Ms. Mom and abimommy.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:51 PM

Sorry. I rushed to move this back before dinner yet forgot to unlock it.

User Tag List