#601 of 1217 Old 12-13-2006, 08:20 PM
~pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr View Post
Maria - what is Vinyl Cafe?
It's a Canadian radio show. Sort of like Garrison Keillor, but IMHO, funnier and sweeter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather_in_LasVega View Post
I keep feeling like she is behind, but then I have to remind myself 1) it is not a race and 2) she is up to a month younger than some of your little ones
And 3) For the most part, no one reports the lack of progress. I was all excited about the signing, but I don't post here every day: "Day #131 - still no rolling, crawling, sitting, or writing of solutions to the Navier-Stokes equations."

So you'll see way more posts about reaching milestones than about not reaching them yet. Positive results publication bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
: why don't you do it?? She's always there with you and i'm sure she would like to hear it.

Ok that sounds weird but i beleive in that. That our love ones that are gone are always with us and that all we have to do is speak out and they will hear us and even be there for us.
:

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#602 of 1217 Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
It's a Canadian radio show. Sort of like Garrison Keillor, but IMHO, funnier and sweeter.
I think I will try to find that station on the internet! I love listening to funny stuff on a radio. Way better then TV.
#603 of 1217 Old 12-13-2006, 08:44 PM
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
I think I will try to find that station on the internet! I love listening to funny stuff on a radio. Way better then TV.
It's on CBC (Canadian NPR.) Here is some show info, and you can find streaming in various time zones here.

#604 of 1217 Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
We have some schooching here, butt up in the air and pushing with knees or toes - then we face plant hard and
---
I keep feeling like she is behind, but then I have to remind myself 1) it is not a race and 2) she is up to a month younger than some of your little ones
Sounds exactly what my dd is doing. She hasn't mastered holding the head and butt up at the same time yet. If it feels better, your babe is two weeks older than mine! I get so wistful when the mamas with older babes post because I know it's coming and I can't make her stay little.

Quote:
Day #131 - still no rolling, crawling, sitting, or writing of solutions to the Navier-Stokes equations."

Sandrine, what you said was beautiful.

Juice, I think my dd heard you talking about nap strikes. She has hardly slept all day unless in the sling!
#605 of 1217 Old 12-13-2006, 10:38 PM

Where is everyone? I finally decide to sit down at the computer and there's no activity going on here :

Hey mamas, do you know what's going on with Lotus.Bloom by any chance? She was moving to Main if I recall, but it's been at least month ago, right? I wonder what she is up to.

JoyofBirth has not been around for few days now - how are you doing mama? Is your *crazy* cousin around yet? I hope it will be ok with him staying at the house.

Maria ~ thanks for the links I will have to check that out!

Sandrine ~ I am sorry about your depression! That's not good! I wish there was a quick fix for those kind of things. I have a very good friend suffering with depression and I just hate seeing her like that. Hope you feel better soon.

As for me and a Xmas gift - my ultimate and "really wanna have" is something totally unreasonable so I don't think I will even post it here because it's not gonna happen anyway. But hopefully in near future......

At this point I really hope that our move to WA will be very smooth and without any complications. I hope our beloved dog will survive the awfully long trip on the plane without any harm and mental damage and will be happy to live in WA yet again! Our hope our furniture will shop up as soon as possible so we don't have to live in an empty house for over 2 weeks : in the middle of winter..... but I guess it all falls into the "smooth move" category.

All right, I am going to hang out here for a ehile and if nothing's happening in next 10 minutes I am off to bed..........
#606 of 1217 Old 12-13-2006, 10:46 PM

pav! dont go!
#607 of 1217 Old 12-13-2006, 10:51 PM

i am nak a CRAAANKY baby. i told you he has two bottom teeth? Got them at 3 months 1 DAY : Well he is working on two more, on top. But not the middle two - the next ones over. My DD1 got these before her middle two, she looked like a vampire for two weeks. I will try to take pics when these come in, hopefully soon, because he is hating life right now

i have 3 pages of posts i want to replyto but it ain't happenin right now grrr
#608 of 1217 Old 12-13-2006, 11:01 PM

Where's the "holding a crying baby" icon? Juice, are you sure you don't live in my parallel universe? Something : is going on with my babe. She is napless and fuss-full today.

Pav, even if you aren't getting it for Christmas you should still share what you want!

ETA: Ah, nak! Finally! I want to dh! I left him for about 30 minutes with the other two dc while I nursed the baby to sleep earlier. She went down pretty easy, they still hadn't found me so I spent 15 minutes cutting fabric so I can hopefully assemble it tomorrow. I came out to find them crawling all over dh as he was reading a magazine. The room was even more destroyed. Ds had couch cushions all over and dd1 had crushed crackers all over the room. I made them all have a quick clean up. By the time we were done, dd2 was awake. Dh is bathing the little stinkers right now.
#609 of 1217 Old 12-13-2006, 11:25 PM
~pi

Quote:
Hey mamas, do you know what's going on with Lotus.Blossom by any chance? She was moving to Maine if I recall, but it's been at least month ago, right? I wonder what she is up to.
I've wondered, too. I know she is a lot closer to family now, and might have less Internet access.

I just got off the phone with a friend and former teammate of mine who is type 1 diabetic and 14 weeks pregnant with her first. Her EDD is right around the same time as mine was. Her OB has already told her that they will "have to induce her" at 38 weeks. I hope I said the right things. It's such an individual thing -- how you want to birth, what your expectations/ideals are, etc. I invited her to read DS' birth story if she feels up for it, told her I have lots of info if she ever wants it, and recommended that no matter what her birth plans are, that she hire a doula. I feel like a horrible person for this, but if she has a great birth after a 38 week induction, I'm going to be really jealous. :

#610 of 1217 Old 12-13-2006, 11:52 PM

pi~You're not a bad person to think that.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#611 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyful View Post
I'm so behind, but, um, hi I figure if I don't just jump in, I'll never get started.
Hi Steph! Jump in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post

I've found an organic food mecca! There's a local woman who has 9 kids with severe allergies, so she buys organic foods in bulk for her family. Once a week she opens up her shelves to the public to make some extra $$ for the family (it's like a mini grocery store in their garage) and passes on the savings to everyone. I bought 3 lbs of organic apples for $3! Oranges are $2/ lb. Avacados are .50 each!
That is incredible! I'm insanely jealous!!!

Quote:
I have been learning about homeopathy for 11 years.
Pav, just curious...have you taken Sherri's class?

Quote:
:
Yeah, but that doesn't mean that you will get to be a senior member : I just need to pm someone about this dangit.
I knew as soon as you posted that it would get fixed right away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
So I have a question for everyone. Do you have a family tradition that you do each year?
Making ornaments is a great idea!

We do a couple of things...this year we made a gingerbread house - first time but I want to do it every year. I got the kit at costco. It was simple to do and Aidan is enthralled with it. He wants to eat it so badly. I told him he has to wait until Christmas. I have a little snowman decoration with a countdown to Christmas and he is in charge of that. He is so excited to do it every morning.

Since he was about 2 or so, we've made "reindeer food" on the night before Christmas. It is oatmeal mixed with sprinkles. He puts the bowl outside. I throw it out in the woods for the animals...we also sit by the tree and drink cocoa and read Twas the Night Before Christmas. He is also allowed to open one present from us - an ornament.

Quote:
:
As soon as our kiddos are big enough we'll do that also. If Emma were still here this would be the first year we'd do it

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the hugs. I just realise it about the depression. Kinda in denial, yk.

gtg make supper but will come back to answer a few things later...
to you too! What are you going to do about it - do you have resources to contact?

Quote:
She is in no way behind. She is about where ds2 is and he is older. My first son was on the late end of the average for physical stuff...but you'd never know it now.

Quote:
And 3) For the most part, no one reports the lack of progress. I was all excited about the signing, but I don't post here every day: "Day #131 - still no rolling, crawling, sitting, or writing of solutions to the Navier-Stokes equations."

So you'll see way more posts about reaching milestones than about not reaching them yet. Positive results publication bias.

:
I have no idea what that means - I took lots of advanced math for my computer science degree - but it still sounds funny!

Quote:
Hey mamas, do you know what's going on with Lotus.Bloom by any chance? She was moving to Main if I recall, but it's been at least month ago, right? I wonder what she is up to.

As for me and a Xmas gift - my ultimate and "really wanna have" is something totally unreasonable so I don't think I will even post it here because it's not gonna happen anyway. But hopefully in near future......
What is it? Don't tease! Another baby?

I think April posted once since her move but I haven't seen her since. I thought I had her blog saved but it must be at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
i am nak a CRAAANKY baby. i told you he has two bottom teeth? Got them at 3 months 1 DAY : Well he is working on two more, on top. But not the middle two - the next ones over. My DD1 got these before her middle two, she looked like a vampire for two weeks. I will try to take pics when these come in, hopefully soon, because he is hating life right now

i have 3 pages of posts i want to replyto but it ain't happenin right now grrr
Holy teeth! 4! Wow - is he the only one in our group with teeth?

Maria - You're human. I think most everyone would have that same reaction.
#612 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post
<--------------------- : : :
Yay! We have another Senior Member amongst us!

Quote:
I am reading what everyone celebrates this time of year and I am loving what an eclectic group we are. I think it's awesome that a small group of women with not much beyond their children in common can love and support each other the way we do. The rest of the world should take notes.
Well said!

Quote:
:

Um...we don't really have any traditions of our own yet. When I was a kid my Dad would read the Christmas story from the Bible and we would act it out. That was always fun. As soon as our kiddos are big enough we'll do that also. If Emma were still here this would be the first year we'd do it
Kim, You finally got your Senior title!! Did you PM anyone about it? Or did it magically appear on its own? :guh and about Emma. Are you doing anything special on Friday for what would have been her birthday?

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the hugs. I just realise it about the depression. Kinda in denial, yk.
Do you have anyone to talk to about it? Or a counselor that you can see? and :guh to you

Quote:
I've wondered, too. I know she is a lot closer to family now, and might have less Internet access.

I just got off the phone with a friend and former teammate of mine who is type 1 diabetic and 14 weeks pregnant with her first. Her EDD is right around the same time as mine was. Her OB has already told her that they will "have to induce her" at 38 weeks. I hope I said the right things. It's such an individual thing -- how you want to birth, what your expectations/ideals are, etc. I invited her to read DS' birth story if she feels up for it, told her I have lots of info if she ever wants it, and recommended that no matter what her birth plans are, that she hire a doula. I feel like a horrible person for this, but if she has a great birth after a 38 week induction, I'm going to be really jealous. :
I was wondering where April is too ... I know she said her DH is on the computer for work a lot and she only gets a few minutes here and there.

Maria, I think it's completely normal to feel that way! When I had trouble getting PG, I was so jealous of a friend of mine who was PG. It's hard to be happy for those who have what you weren't able to get, despite all our best efforts!

Quote:
She is in no way behind. She is about where ds2 is and he is older. My first son was on the late end of the average for physical stuff...but you'd never know it now.
: DS is one of the older babes in our DDC and he isn't even rolling over yet, if that makes you feel any better! I think he'll learn to sit before rolling!

Are anyone else's nipples being used as chew toys? DS has a new annoying habit of nibbling a little too hard lately. I know it's teeting issues, but my goodness it hurts! Any tips to get him to stop?

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#613 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 12:44 AM

Quote:
I knew as soon as you posted that it would get fixed right away...
No conspiracy theory! I went to the Questions forum and PM'd the mod (FoG). I told her all Kim wants for Christmas is her "Senior Member" title.

The reindeer food sounds so cute. I can imagine his face as you sprinkle it outside!

Maria, I swing back and forth between freaking out for friends who are risking a c/s by their choices and being mad that I didn't swallow the blue pill. You know, the pill that makes you not care about birth choices and everything turns out just fine, and even if it doesn't then it's ok because they "saved the baby" with an unnecessary surgery. You are perfectly normal. I've been jealous of women who completely trust their doctors as they lead them down the unnecessary induction path and then they get a vaginal birth.

ETA: I PM'd April...maybe she'll pop in to say hi!
#614 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 12:50 AM

Tanya, I know the type of person you are talking about. I have a friend who is about 15 weeks PG and she's a nurse and her DH is a doctor (VERY medically oriented and anything not medically oriented is just wierd according to him! . I worry for her b/c she takes what her DH has to say as gospel b/c he must know what's best, he's a doc. She's already had 3 u/s and is planning many more. I want to help inform her of "the dark side" of natural birth, but I don't know how to without overstepping my bounds, kwim? I gave her a couple books, Henci Goer's amongst them, and hope she at least makes an informed decision rather than trusting the OB completely.

ETA: Let us know what April has to say if you hear from her ... we keep cross-posting!

#615 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 01:40 AM
~pi

Quote:
I have no idea what that means - I took lots of advanced math for my computer science degree - but it still sounds funny!
You wouldn't have seen them in CS. They are the guiding equations for Fluid Mechanics & Dynamics. Sort of like Maxwell's equations for electrical stuff, except that Maxwell's have closed form solutions and N-S don't. Hence the unbelievably nerdy joke.

Quote:
Maria - You're human.
Noooooooo! Say it ain't so!

Quote:
I think most everyone would have that same reaction.
I know that most people would have that reaction afterwards; I just don't particularly want to have it in advance, KWIM? I mean, she's only 14 weeks. And she's such a great person and a good friend, and really, I want her to have the best possible experience. It's just creepy and weird how these things keep coming up for me. Every so often I just want to look up in the sky and shout, "I get it, okay? I'm working on it, seriously!"

#616 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 01:53 AM

Funny story: DS's latest favorite teething object (aside from my nipples!) is the Holy Family! Last night the only thing that kept him calm was gnawing on Joseph's head. That isn't sacreligious is it?

#617 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 02:13 AM

:
#618 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 03:24 AM

Quote:
: why don't you do it?? She's always there with you and i'm sure she would like to hear it.

Ok that sounds weird but i beleive in that. That our love ones that are gone are always with us and that all we have to do is speak out and they will hear us and even be there for us.
I actually do believe that she is always around. I've felt her near me many times in the last 3 years. It is just so hard not having her here. Man, I miss that little girl

Quote:
ETA: Ah, nak! Finally! I want to dh! I left him for about 30 minutes with the other two dc while I nursed the baby to sleep earlier. She went down pretty easy, they still hadn't found me so I spent 15 minutes cutting fabric so I can hopefully assemble it tomorrow. I came out to find them crawling all over dh as he was reading a magazine. The room was even more destroyed. Ds had couch cushions all over and dd1 had crushed crackers all over the room. I made them all have a quick clean up. By the time we were done, dd2 was awake. Dh is bathing the little stinkers right now.
Don't you just LOVE that?!?! We watched two kiddos for some friends tonight, a little boy who is 3.5 (and doesn't talk as well of my 2.5 yo) and an 8 mo. old little girl. The boys were playing (fighting is a little more accurate) and the girls were playing on the floor. All the sudden all the kiddos went crazy and I was trying to help each of them. Where was dh? Sleeping on the couch. I asked him if it wasn't too much trouble if he could get off his behind and help me?!?! He did

Quote:
You have every right to feel jealous. I remember after Emma was born reading about women who had their footling breech babies vaginally, at home. I was so jealous and so mad that I didn't. Honestly, it wasn't until after she died that I was completely ok with her birth. I realize now that it was how she needed to be born. And while I hate the scar I have, and the fact taht I am forever labeled as a c-section Mom, I am so glad that she was here. But, I do, completely understand. I always want to protect my friends from potential c-sections. I think that the way you have presented it, she will let you know when she wants info.

Quote:

Kim, You finally got your Senior title!! Did you PM anyone about it? Or did it magically appear on its own? :guh and about Emma. Are you doing anything special on Friday for what would have been her birthday?
Nope, I didn't pm anyone...but I see that Tanya did! Thanks Tanya!!!
Thanks for asking about her birthday. Every year we mope in the morning, I usually get some good cries in. Then, we will go up to the cemetery and sing happy birthday to her. We will decorate with her Christmas Trees (we have little ones that have baby ornaments on them), and do a balloon release. We'll go to dinner somewhere and have her picture on the table with us. Then we'll go donate a couple presents to Toys for Tots. We buy one gift for her birthday and one for Christmas for her every year, then donate it. It is a small way we can still do something for her, and yet help another 4 year old little girl.
I just will want to be pampered all day on Friday. It won't happen, but there are always 2 days a year when I don't want to do anything, just cry and be taken care of - her angel day and her birthday. I just can't believe that she would be 4...the time goes by so quickly.

Quote:
Maria, I swing back and forth between freaking out for friends who are risking a c/s by their choices and being mad that I didn't swallow the blue pill. You know, the pill that makes you not care about birth choices and everything turns out just fine, and even if it doesn't then it's ok because they "saved the baby" with an unnecessary surgery. You are perfectly normal. I've been jealous of women who completely trust their doctors as they lead them down the unnecessary induction path and then they get a vaginal birth.
I have often wished for that pill..I never knew what color it was though

Quote:
Funny story: DS's latest favorite teething object (aside from my nipples!) is the Holy Family! Last night the only thing that kept him calm was gnawing on Joseph's head. That isn't sacreligious is it?
Oh I think that is hilarious!!!! :

Ok, I have a question for you all. After my 2 vaginal births, I always hurt after sex. I don't hurt during, it is just after. Does anyone else have this, or am I weird? I really don't want to go to the doc...I avoid them at all costs..but it is really frustrating. It is better if I don't O, but who wants that? Anyway...anyone?

Oh yeah, and Amelia uses me as a chew toy too. It drives me nuts. I don't know how to get her to stop...The other 2 did it too...I don't know.

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#619 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 04:05 AM

Quote:
And here's a question for everyone, since we think about ourselves last, if at all:
What one gift do YOU want for the holidays?
My brother back is what I'd really like, but since that isn't going to happen a minivan is my number one wish, especially right now. I'd also looooove an ergo. And maybe even some non-maternity clothes to wear. Ok, I guess you said one. I'm really grateful this year because I've gotten so much for the girls from all the helpful mamas here and everywhere on MDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
BIG NEWS here - dd is really, and I mean really, crawling now. 5 months on the dot she started. You can actually play ball with her! Just told a friend this on the phone and he said 'you want to be careful, you know, you could hurt her'

what do I want for Christmas? my own, I'm still borrowing my teacher's old one!
Cool. Mattie is crawlinng now too. SOmettimes she forgets what to do with her hands and she looks at them as if they are supposed to know what to do and she doesn't understand why they won't go. SHe doesn't go too far yet, but she goes.

Quote:

I don't think it's weird at all. Mattie smiles and talks to the air. I swear my brother is there with her, making her smile and laugh.

Quote:
Where is everyone? I finally decide to sit down at the computer and there's no activity going on here :

JoyofBirth has not been around for few days now - how are you doing mama? Is your *crazy* cousin around yet? I hope it will be ok with him staying at the house.
He's not here yet. I'm not sure when he's coming. It's just been kinda crazy around here.

Quote:
I actually do believe that she is always around. I've felt her near me many times in the last 3 years. It is just so hard not having her here. Man, I miss that little girl

Ok, I have a question for you all. After my 2 vaginal births, I always hurt after sex. I don't hurt during, it is just after. Does anyone else have this, or am I weird? I really don't want to go to the doc...I avoid them at all costs..but it is really frustrating. It is better if I don't O, but who wants that? Anyway...anyone?
I'm so, so sorry you have to go through life with this. I wish you hadn't lost her. As I watch my mother mourn her child, I can only imagine what it must be to mourn a baby. It's just not right.

I have that happen sometimes, but not every time. It seems like lots of lube helps-Astroglide is the best. I don't really think a doc can do anything to help. I hate it. Sex is almost a chore sometimes. My bigger problem though is a BM. I'm 5 months PP and it still hurts like heck to go.

So, I wanted to say thanks to some awesome mamas. Pav, thanks for the awesome dipes. They are great. And I so love the paci holder you sent for Mattie. She saw it and grabbed at it. But I said we should save it for her stocking. My mom is getting socks and undies for all our stockings so it will be nice for her to have something toy-ish.

Juice, thanks for the clothes. My Emma was so excited about the dress, she has to put it on and twirl. She kept saying I'm cinderella, I'm cinderella. She's easy to please. I'm so glad I received my CD. I haven't listened to it yet.

I also wanted to say thanks to Laura for the Pp for my CD and also for the gift certificate. I'm so grateful for the friendship here. THe love and suipport overwhelms me sometimes.

So, even though I am very grateful for all the help I've gotten here and what it means for my girls, I am still feeling a bit discouraged. I think a big part of it is missing my brother and being in denial and wanting to be strong for my mom and SIL. It also feels like when things start looking up, the clouds roll in and the rain comes pouring down. DH insists that I wait till after the holidays to deal with the bank stuff, which bothers me, but I have to defer to him on this. It's just how we have things set up. Our brakes went out on our only car, so we're struggling there. And I keep getting headaches every day. I never get headaches. It's either because my glasses prescription has changed or because of my teeth. Which brings me to my next thing. My teeth hurt. And I don't even see a possibility of getting them fixed soon. I have two I need pulled and one I need a crown and maybe a root canal. And the numbers have gone out on my keyboard so I must type out all numbers. Okay, deep breath. Stop whining. I will return to my positive-thinking grateful self. Because I have a great dh, 2 beautiful healthy girls, and a wonderful family, a few great IRL friends and you group of awesome ladies. And a very generous larger MDC group. I have been blessed with more gifts this year than I thought I'd get. My life is good. Thanks for not judging me too harshly for all the whining I do on here. You guys are so awesome.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#620 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Thanks for asking about her birthday. Every year we mope in the morning, I usually get some good cries in. Then, we will go up to the cemetery and sing happy birthday to her. We will decorate with her Christmas Trees (we have little ones that have baby ornaments on them), and do a balloon release. We'll go to dinner somewhere and have her picture on the table with us. Then we'll go donate a couple presents to Toys for Tots. We buy one gift for her birthday and one for Christmas for her every year, then donate it. It is a small way we can still do something for her, and yet help another 4 year old little girl.
Kim, this is one of the best and sweetest things I have ever heard. What a beautiful way to celebrate your girl and share her spirit. I was all set to start this morning with a fluff post and now I'm sitting here and in awe of your strength and thoughtfulness.
#621 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Every so often I just want to look up in the sky and shout, "I get it, okay? I'm working on it, seriously!"
I know EXACTLY what you mean! "Really, I'm paying attention here! Give me a break already!" I like to say I know what I'm working on, and try to be gentle with myself in the interim. Doesn't always work but it's a nice thought.

Anyway, the fluff I was gonna post:

up all night with kids
one then another, oh well
sleep is for the weak

long and tiring days
crazy evenings, sleepless nights
is it friday yet?
#622 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 09:44 AM

Nice one, Jessica. And so true.

Good morning everyone, I hope everyone will have a great day or atleast better than yesterday.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#623 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 10:14 AM

just marking my place in the thread...

I had a bunch of posts to reply to, hit hte little red button on them all, and then accidentally closed my window. argh!
#624 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Kim, this is one of the best and sweetest things I have ever heard. What a beautiful way to celebrate your girl and share her spirit. I was all set to start this morning with a fluff post and now I'm sitting here and in awe of your strength and thoughtfulness.
: That is a truly wonderful way to celebrate and remember Emma. I'm sobbing from it!

#625 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 11:00 AM

Quote:
up all night with kids
sleep is for the weak

long and tiring days
is it friday yet?
and and :guh

#626 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 11:09 AM
~pi

Quote:
Then, we will go up to the cemetery and sing happy birthday to her. We will decorate with her Christmas Trees (we have little ones that have baby ornaments on them), and do a balloon release. We'll go to dinner somewhere and have her picture on the table with us. Then we'll go donate a couple presents to Toys for Tots. We buy one gift for her birthday and one for Christmas for her every year, then donate it. It is a small way we can still do something for her, and yet help another 4 year old little girl.

I just will want to be pampered all day on Friday. It won't happen, but there are always 2 days a year when I don't want to do anything, just cry and be taken care of - her angel day and her birthday. I just can't believe that she would be 4...the time goes by so quickly.
and What a beautiful way to celebrate Emma's birthday.

Quote:
I didn't have a vag birth, but I did have an interesting thing happen during the pregnancy that made sex painful afterwards until we figured it out -- I developed a sensitivity to mucoid gel (the gel that is used during vag exams.) Whatever is in mucoid gel that started bothering me is also in the spermicidal gel on condoms. Either one gives me pain and burning afterwards. I never had that problem before. Is it possible you've got something like that going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
just marking my place in the thread...

I had a bunch of posts to reply to, hit hte little red button on them all, and then accidentally closed my window. argh!
Try hitting reply again. Depending on the browser (?) the multiquote feature saved the posts for me when I accidentally closed a window.

JJoy and JJuice, to you both.

#627 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
up all night with kids
sleep is for the weak

long and tiring days
is it friday yet?
Juicelet, I woke up thinking of you again...: namely, how DO you do it? I just cannot imagine 3 kidlets, yourself, your job, everything. :
And I do think Ethan is the only one with teefies so far!
#628 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Juicelet, I woke up thinking of you again...: namely, how DO you do it? I just cannot imagine 3 kidlets, yourself, your job, everything. :
JJuice am also amazed that you manage to "do it all" with only a few complaints, so eloquently expressed Haiku style!

As for the teeth, Seth has one too. It's just barely through, but it is certainly there.

#629 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 11:38 AM

Quote:
YOu might be jealous, but I think you'd feel incredibly happy as well. Especially if you'll be helping her throughout her pregnancy. I think you'd be very surprised how good you would feel about it.
Quote:

Pav, just curious...have you taken Sherri's class?

NO I did not. I really just read books and talked to different homeopath, went to some homeopathic forums and such. Mostly learned form my own experience.

Quote:
What is it? Don't tease! Another baby?
Oh gosh NO!
I want Nikon D70 camera with some lenses......for those who don't know how much it cost, it's way over $1000.... :

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post

to which he replied "who's Jesus?"

My partner is Buddhist and I'm not religious at all, so I had to chuckle that we had forgotten to mention Jesus to him
That's gonna be our son one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwickmama View Post
i really only want our house to sell. that would be glorious!
That's be great! How long has it been on the market? We are going to be renting our house but hey I'd love for someone to give as an offer - I'd get rid of it right away. One less thing to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyful View Post
I'm so behind, but, um, hi I figure if I don't just jump in, I'll never get started.

Welcome!! Jump right in.
#630 of 1217 Old 12-14-2006, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post

:

joyofBirth ~ Jessica ~ I am so sorry When it rains it sure does pour, does not it? I wish there was much more I (we) could do for you. YOur situation sounds pretty bad. I hate when above of all the financial troubles there's also the health issues that start coming out. Major for you.

PS: DId I put the leg warmers in the package? I was not sure if I did - in the middle of moving I am getting really disorganized (sp?) around here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page