Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ooh, I'd be peeved too Juice! Good luck with the little chat tonight. :guh

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#662 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Someone asked about holiday traditions I think?

One fun one that we do is give a new pair of jammies on xmas eve, although this year none of them need jammies AT ALL, so I said it would be "something cozy" and that's the most I'm saying :
#663 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 12:39 AM

Hey all! Trying to catch up. Eek.

Traditions: we fondue on xmas eve. Mmm. Then we have some sort of decadent dessert. On xmas morning we do coffee and stockings first (we do big ones, cool stuff... magazines, small toys, candy, etc) then we cook cinnamon rolls and chow on those while opening gifts. These are DH's traditions... it was always just my mom and I so we never had much except going to see the Nutcracker as I mentioned.

Kimya, glad your babe is doing ok! Those ER folks deserve a good kick in the kneecaps. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post
Funny story: DS's latest favorite teething object (aside from my nipples!) is the Holy Family! Last night the only thing that kept him calm was gnawing on Joseph's head. That isn't sacreligious is it?
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr View Post
I actually do believe that she is always around. I've felt her near me many times in the last 3 years. It is just so hard not having her here. Man, I miss that little girl

<snip>

Every year we mope in the morning, I usually get some good cries in. Then, we will go up to the cemetery and sing happy birthday to her. We will decorate with her Christmas Trees (we have little ones that have baby ornaments on them), and do a balloon release. We'll go to dinner somewhere and have her picture on the table with us. Then we'll go donate a couple presents to Toys for Tots. We buy one gift for her birthday and one for Christmas for her every year, then donate it. It is a small way we can still do something for her, and yet help another 4 year old little girl.
Many and :guhs. That really is a beautiful ritual

Quote:
Ok, I have a question for you all. After my 2 vaginal births, I always hurt after sex. I don't hurt during, it is just after. Does anyone else have this, or am I weird? I really don't want to go to the doc...I avoid them at all costs..but it is really frustrating. It is better if I don't O, but who wants that? Anyway...anyone?
I had this after my first. It took time (about 9 months, ugh) and a lot of lube. I was very interested in the link Tanya provided. Dryness is a big issue for me when I'm breastfeeding. But additionally I have this pelvic pain too... like the pelvic floor is really *really* sore after we dtd. To the point where we try to limit activities to nighttime so I can lie down after. If I walk around a lot after sex I end up having to use the heating pad. What is UP with that? It's weird. I don't have bladder control problems at all so I can't imagine that it's weakness... anyhoo not to stomp your question but you're not alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
eta, I remembered one thing. The Jesus story reminded me of when my oldest went to a funeral with us - he was 3ish and didn't understand the funeral but did know we were in church. The procession into the church started, and he said in a just-loud-enough squeaky voice, "which one is God?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwickmama View Post
house on market since sept. haven't started looking down here cuz it's too depressing to find a place and not be able to do anything about it yet...

my seth has 2 teeth and sure seems to be working on more-for the past 3 nights he's been up every 45 mins or so, fussing. the hylands tablets just ain't cutting it-i have some camilia on order...
Fingers crossed on your house!!! The market is so tough lately.

Rachel seems to be cutting some teeth too! The gums are really thin and I see the whole white outline of a tooth. Eek! I'm not sure if this is a good thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
:
I did it. I drove home from the store without buckling Keira in her seat. I forgot my sling, she fussed in her carseat in the buggy, and I picked her up. I set her down in it to check out. I put her carseat in the base. And I drove off. She started crying on the way home, I couldn't see her, but I talked to her. She had arched and twisted until she scooted down in the seat at an odd angle. I hugged her and cried in the driveway. I can't believe I did that.
Quote:
"crap, we have mobility"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
Hi, just wanted to share something. I just got my haircut and I LOVE it! I have not had bangs in years and I love it!
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...4&ctime=140417
Pav, you look mah-vah-lous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
I'm in awe of SAHMs because I have so much trouble maintaining my patience and perspective all day. My kids are about to be home for two weeks, and I'll be conducting a "No Yelling Challenge" of my own. It is HARD to be on call, on guard, and at attention every minute of the day. At least at work I can sit down for a measly minute without worrying that someone is slathering shampoo all over themselves while playing "sunscreen".

And as DD1 told a friend of mine, "My mommy drinks coffee in the morning and wine at night!" :
Totally. Being at work is like, a break. At least I can guarantee that no one's butt needs wiping there (or at the very least, that I won't be called upon to help with this particular task)

The other morning I was just having a hard time getting going. So DD1 said to me, "Mommy, you are so cranky. You need some coffee."

You got that straight.

Quote:
http://30rock.nbc.com/ Hilarious. I saw it in TAO earlier today. I sent one to dh.
OMG, how could I forget!!! I love 30 rock. That's my new must watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
For x-mas i want my depression, my anger to go away. I want my happiness to come back somehow.

I'm having a bad day and the kids except for dd3 is home. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
BIG NEWS here - dd is really, and I mean really, crawling now. 5 months on the dot she started. You can actually play ball with her! Just told a friend this on the phone and he said 'you want to be careful, you know, you could hurt her'

There I was hopign for a month or so when she would just sit and play in one place...no chance. She can't sit properly yet. But she can get into every corner of the kitchen : oh god this is awful :
Holy crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyful View Post
I'm so behind, but, um, hi I figure if I don't just jump in, I'll never get started.
Welcome back Steph! Jump in, the water is fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post
<--------------------- : : :
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather_in_LasVega View Post
All these developmental milestones - crawling and teeth!

We have some schooching here, butt up in the air and pushing with knees or toes - then we face plant hard and

DD much prefers to be balanced in a standing position and can stay there quite awhile. She has mastered sitting pretty much too, but flops sideways when she reaches for a toy too far out of her reach!

I keep feeling like she is behind, but then I have to remind myself 1) it is not a race and 2) she is up to a month younger than some of your little ones
Totally. Everyone marches to the beat of their own drum

I think I've worn out my CD! I need another
#664 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 12:41 AM

OOh that post took me 4 hours to write. Sorry bout your hubby JJuice... grab yourself a big glass of vino and breathe
#665 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 01:21 AM

Juice can I play devil's advocate? Sounds like it was a misunderstanding between you both. You said he'd never done anything like this before...... can you say nothing until you feel calmer and maybe you'll be ready to give him the benefit of the doubt.........:

Ah Kimya don't worry about frosting me, I was just confused not perturbed!!

Kim - lovely to see a photo of you too.

I'll put a pic on tomorrow

Again can I just mention that 4 adults and 3 children is a fantastic ratio
The sun is out, my father in law is doing our gardening and looking after the boys, and I'm just hanging out with my baby. So awesome cos I was dreading the summer holidays - having to meet the needs of 3 different age groups all by myself but laura's folks are really cool and just play with the kids all day <sigh> I don't think it gets much better than this
#666 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post

Ah Kimya don't worry about frosting me, I was just confused not perturbed!!
Oh, I am not worried!

And my newest album was released on Popfrenzy in Australia so I might make it out your way to tour soon!
#667 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post

Totally. Being at work is like, a break. At least I can guarantee that no one's butt needs wiping there
:

if anyone's wondering why all i do these days is laugh it's because I write these great long posts responding to everyone, then I use the multiquote to laugh at someone and it makes a new reply and I totally lose what i wrote before - disappears from the back button and everything

I will find a second though to say that it was great to see you Kim and that those rituals you do for Emma or, as you say, for yourself, are beautiful It's only right that you do them for yourself, after all, she's ok now. She was lucky to have you as her mama.

Now it's that Friday race to find some clean clothes for myself before my working week of 2 hrs begins! Last night for me and dd was, in smilie haiku,

:
:
:

I don't know how I'm going to manage, but I'm sure I will...

No photos here - I look really really really bad at the moment!!
#668 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 10:40 AM

kim , thinking of your family today.

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#669 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 10:55 AM

Kim
Emma

Quote:
Juice can I play devil's advocate? Sounds like it was a misunderstanding between you both. You said he'd never done anything like this before...... can you say nothing until you feel calmer and maybe you'll be ready to give him the benefit of the doubt.........:
Yep, that's actually what I did. I was pretty steamed, but mostly because our girls were unprepared. I have this *thing* about letting kids know what to expect because it just makes life so much smoother. When DH got home I stressed that aspect of it. I actually really wished he would have thought to SAY he would be out late, because then it would have been no big deal at all, and I wouldn't have had to call him and interrupt his one night out in a year to talk to crying kids. But yeah, it was all about the communication.

I sure do appreciate having a place to vent things, though. Sometimes it seems like if I write it down it stops banging around in my head and I can get some perspective.

So he wasn't in hot water with me when he got home. He got bonus points for driving home a friend who had at least one too many, and he got mega-bonus points by getting the girls up and out the door to school this morning, leaving me in bed with the baby.

So, today is my last day off without the kids (of course I have the baby, but I always do) and I should really go do the gifty shopping... but I don't wanna!
#670 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 11:40 AM

[QUOTE=Quagmire;6765440But additionally I have this pelvic pain too... like the pelvic floor is really *really* sore after we dtd. To the point where we try to limit activities to nighttime so I can lie down after. If I walk around a lot after sex I end up having to use the heating pad. What is UP with that? It's weird. I don't have bladder control problems at all so I can't imagine that it's weakness... anyhoo not to stomp your question but you're not alone!
[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I am talking about!! Glad to know I'm not alone!

Thanks for all the s and :guhs and today. I have a crying babe on my lap...I'll post more later...

#671 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Totally. Being at work is like, a break. At least I can guarantee that no one's butt needs wiping there
: Ditto on the CD. We should start planning another after the New Year.

Quote:
Again can I just mention that 4 adults and 3 children is a fantastic ratio
I'm glad it's working well for you! We had a 4:4 ratio when my mom and sister came (she brought her 1 yo) to help after the baby was born. At the end of the week, my mom said that the kids were winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
Last night for me and dd was, in smilie haiku,

:
:
:

I don't know how I'm going to manage, but I'm sure I will...
mama! Last night was a rough one here, too. The baby keeps thinking the Milk Bar is open all night and never closes. I suppose I could handle that if dd1 would go back to sleeping all night. She has the sniffles (probably my cold from last week) and I think it woke her up. So I spent the night sleeping like a mommy sandwich. The dog and cat were the condiments at the foot of the bed. :yawning:

I'm having some serious issues with ds. He is being so disrespectful. I'm trying to plug in with him more and create some one-on-one time with just us. The other day we painted ornaments, yesterday we read books. I think today I will play a game with him. He loves board games. I'm just waiting for it to turn around. I'm not handling the stress of it very well. He's on the spirited side, too.
#672 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
JessJoy - I know that this time of year can be really hard for people who've recently lost a loved one. Heck, it's hard for those of us who lost one 3 years ago. It will always be hard. You will always want your brother here, sometimes life just sucks.
I know what you mean about the financial woes. My dh says that it is just life's way of kicking us in the crotch : I keep saying it has to get better! We've gotten some great help from MDC also. Lots of clothes for Amelia, a couple toys for Seth and some gift cards too! We really are blessed..sometimes it is just so hard to see it.
I am glad that my kiddos will have some new things for Christmas, and that they have clothes that fit them...especially Miss Fattie Pants!

Oh yeah one more thing JJoy - you should be getting a package today from me! I sent the diaper bag on Monday priority. I hope it works for you!
Thanks for thte support. The funeral home we used is having a candle lighting memorial on Sunday. I really wish moms didn't have to go through this. It breaks my heart to see my mom like this. And I will never get the vision of her crumpled in a ball on the floor of her closet the day it happened.
Thanks for the diaper bag, It's awesome. Very roomy. I wish it zippered. Emma likes the lambs on thte inside and keeps emptying my bag to get stuff outta her way. She just cracks me up. I'm sure the novelty will wear off when it's not new anymore. I'm so grateful to have a bag that botht girls' stuff fits in. Thanks [insert exclamation point-ours doesn't work].

Quote:

It is hard to see things half full when things keep going south. I've struggled with this myself. Especially with the embarrassment I felt by asking for help. I never imagined I would be in this place, but here I am. We will all always have a list of things that need to be done. Some things get crossed off and others get added. Sometimes things are added more than we can cross them off. It can feel very overwhelming. I have received more help and generosity than I could ever have imagined. The greatest gift I have been given this year is to learn to let others be generous and to accept their help with a grateful heart. My list is a mile long. I know the situation will get better. It has to. Let out your frustrations. I am so thankful for this place to share my joys and my struggles.
I have learned to be okay asking for help. We've been struggling for a couple yeats now with no end in sight. But I know there is an nd in sight. And I know someday things will get better. I'm a firm believer in what comes around, goes around. I know that someday, I will be able to give to families in need and help lots of people, the way I've been helped. Sometimes that's what keeps me holding on. And, honestly, sometiimes it's nice to just be able to come here and get things off my chest and know that you girls will be excited with me aboutt silly stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
Hi, just wanted to share something. I just got my haircut and I LOVE it! I have not had bangs in years and I love it!
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...4&ctime=140417
Great haircut. It looks beautiful on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post

I'm in awe of SAHMs because I have so much trouble maintaining my patience and perspective all day. My kids are about to be home for two weeks, and I'll be conducting a "No Yelling Challenge" of my own. It is HARD to be on call, on guard, and at attention every minute of the day. At least at work I can sit down for a measly minute without worrying that someone is slathering shampoo all over themselves while playing "sunscreen".
Can somebody please tell my dh this? He's convinced that I've got it easy. Because I love my girls and can't be without them, he thinks it's never hard. But I do love it.

Quote:
Someone asked about holiday traditions I think?

One fun one that we do is give a new pair of jammies on xmas eve, although this year none of them need jammies AT ALL, so I said it would be "something cozy" and that's the most I'm saying :
We do jammies too. I look so forward to CHristmas jammies. My mom gets them for everyone. I reallly wanted to get the girls jammies this year, but she already did and I don'tt think we cfan swing it anyway.

Quote:
: Ditto on the CD. We should start planning another after the New Year.

So I spent the night sleeping like a mommy sandwich.
I think we should do another CD too. My original song would have fit so well on this CD. And I just found it thte other day. So I could put to the next one.

I like being a mommy sandwich every now and then.I'm usually a mommy sandwich from five am on.

SOrry for typos. Mt babe is so wigly this morning.

Tanya, you are only miles from me. We should meet sometime. My dh won't go to AR. He had a bad experience there. Maybe ~someday~ we could meet in the middle. I gottta go. Talk ,more later.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#673 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 01:05 PM

Kim-you and your family are so in my prayers today. Lots of s and :guhs and a for Emma. I wish I could give you a real hug,, but tihs will have to do. Take care of yourself today.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#674 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post

Tanya, you are only miles from me. We should meet sometime. My dh won't go to AR. He had a bad experience there. Maybe ~someday~ we could meet in the middle. I gottta go. Talk ,more later.
I know! 5.5 hours driving time straight down I30 (well, with a big long detour around the Big D), as I'm on your side of Little Rock. It's been a while since we've been to DFW. We used to live just south of Ft. Worth. Last time was a year ago on our way to San Antonio for my aunt/uncle's anniversary. They renewed their vows on their 20th anniv. We split the trip in half and stayed in Burleson (where we used to live). We ALWAYS eat at FasTaco in Burleson even if it's out of the way!
#675 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 01:28 PM
~pi

Kim,
Emma.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#676 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 01:35 PM

Kim, you and your family have been in my thoughts all morning.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#677 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Thanks for thte support. The funeral home we used is having a candle lighting memorial on Sunday. I really wish moms didn't have to go through this. It breaks my heart to see my mom like this. And I will never get the vision of her crumpled in a ball on the floor of her closet the day it happened.
Thanks for the diaper bag, It's awesome. Very roomy. I wish it zippered. Emma likes the lambs on thte inside and keeps emptying my bag to get stuff outta her way. She just cracks me up. I'm sure the novelty will wear off when it's not new anymore. I'm so grateful to have a bag that botht girls' stuff fits in. Thanks [insert exclamation point-ours doesn't work].
That is one thing that i am grateful for...my other children didn't have to see me right after Emma died. They didn't have to hear me howl and cry. They see me cry now, but it isn't the same. to your Mom and you. It is just so so so hard.

I'm glad you got the bag! You could always take one of the little bags out of it and let Emma play with that I hope it works for you for many years to come!

Eek, gotta go change a poopy!

#678 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 03:08 PM

Kim, I'm thinking of you today. :

Miss Juice~ I got my CD!!! Thank you so much. I love all the songs. All so different from each other just like us.

JessicaJoy~ Did you get a pkg today?? Curious mind wants to know.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#679 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 03:25 PM

lots of s for you Kim. Also thinking of you and your Ema today
#680 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 06:32 PM

Where is everyone? It's so quiet that can hear the crickets chirping.
#681 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 06:34 PM

Busy everywhere???

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#682 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 06:47 PM
~pi

nak

working. big deadline today. and i recently lost 1.5 weeks of work (probably recoverable but will take more time to recover than to just do it again)

enough procrastinating.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#683 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 07:19 PM

Ya know, I think I always forget to answer the questions.

I have no idea what I want for me for Christmas. The real reason I posted that question was to see if I could get some good ideas :

Traditions - we're building them now. I love the ornaments, and wanted a new ornament to be an annual thing, but DH doesn't get it. The only thing we've done consistently is read "The Night Before Christmas" before bedtime. This year DD1 is insisting on baking cookies for Santa. We do Santa, mostly because we put off deciding whether or not we would until after the gradparents had already jumped in. That's OK because they also explained about baby Jesus, so I call it even.

This year (and probably every year from here on out) we'll make a gingerbread house. This year I wussed out and bought a kit as Costco - when I'm not so insanely busy we will bake it homemade and let the kids pick the candy from the bulk bins at the grocery store.

One thing I miss from New Mexico is the luminarias. If I tried to put candles in paper bags here, people would think I was nuts.
#684 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 07:22 PM

So what's wrong with the Costco Gingerbread kit? : Seriously...it is awesome!!! I am quite sure I'd screw up the cookies...much easier this way.

Hi all - I'm about 5+ pages behind. I'm going to try to catch up - there will be some long posts from me sometime soon...

BTW, Tanya - LOVED the 30 Rock recording. I completely freaked out some friends. I love Alec on that show - he is hysterical. I had him call dh to tell him he has a nice butt.
#685 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 07:24 PM

Kim - thinking of you today
#686 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post
BTW, Tanya - LOVED the 30 Rock recording. I completely freaked out some friends. I love Alec on that show - he is hysterical. I had him call dh to tell him he has a nice butt.
dh thought I was silly. I had him tell a friend who has a baby as old as some of ours who also happens to be pumping for another friend of ours who has very low supply (that rare 1-2% of women kind) that she has "nice breasts". She's commented on her breast size since she's been feeding an infant and pumping a gallon a day.
#687 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 07:30 PM

There is NOTHING wrong with the Costco kit!! It's one of the best ones I have seen. But when I was in high school, I would make them from scratch. I am the oldest of five kids, and it would be this huge production. I would (seriously now) draw out the design on paper (to scale, of course, you all know I'm a nerd) and then make the dough and roll it out and measure and cut and bake and oh it was so much fun. I'm 5 years older than my brother and 13 years older than my youngest sister, so it was quite the family activity.

But for now, I'm doing the Costco kit because that way at least it will get done!!
#688 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 08:26 PM

Kim

Happy birthday Emma
#689 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Where is everyone? It's so quiet that can hear the crickets chirping.
*chirp chirp*

Thinking of Emma

For Christmas I want a new Bellydance skirt for performance!! Actually I want this one.
#690 of 1217 Old 12-15-2006, 10:35 PM

aaaw, elsanne's ddddc expired

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page