Hittin' the half year mark with the July Mamas - Page 25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2006, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
Just wanted to tell you what kind of impact you all have on me.....that's all.
:

You know what though Pav, I never would have guessed that you struggle with English! I am with Tanya, you tell us when you don't "get" something and we'll help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

Anywho, here's some of the latest pics of my crew. Will try to get an awake pic of myself with my new haircut. Much better than my pp mop I had been sporting.

Fall 2006 pics
Oh your babes are so beautiful!!!

Quote:
Juice, that toddler of mine is a handful. She's the reason cabinet locks, Mr. Yuk stickers (anyone remember those?) and child safe lids were invented. Give her five minutes and she's found something she shouldn't have. But she does it all with flair, so we think it's cute. Most of the time.
She and Seth sound the same. We've had to figure out ways to keep the chairs bound to the table so he doesn't get them and get on the counters. However now, he just climbs up the drawers...He is a monkey and certainly keeps us on our toes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Wouldn't that be trilingual as sign language is an offical language too??

That's great!!! I want to teach dd3 sign language. Next Jan, there is a course and i'm signing up.
Yep it would!! That is so awesome that you're taking a class. Who is the teacher? I know a lot of sign instructors throughout the world. So I am very curious who it is

We sign with Amelia. We started with Seth when he was 5 months old and he did his first sign (more) at 8 months. He did one sign a month until 11 months, when he just exploded with sign. By 14 months he had 85 signs and by 18 months he had over 150!!! He continues to sign and talk all the time. I think that because he was only being exposed to one verbal language and one visual language his verbal development came really fast. He was using language from the time he was 8 months old, so when he did start to talk, it was in 2 word sentences, quickly followed by 3 word sentences. Now he just amazes people with his speaking ability. The boy never shuts up!

So our day yesterday...ugh, it was hard. Seth decided at 6:45 that it was time to wake up. He came into my room and turned on the light and woke up not only myself, but Amelia (who usually sleeps until 10 or 10:30!!). I was NOT happy. I got up and was just a mess. I really wanted to sleep as much as possible so I didn't have to deal with the day yet...but that didn't happen. I woke up and just cried and cried and cried. Jeremy felt so bad that he had to go to work, but he's so new at this job that he really needed to go in. So, he left, I changed diapers and eventually got Amelia back to sleep. I was pretty weepy the rest of the morning. Then, I needed to get out of the house. So, my friend Nicole and I went to lunch. We took our kiddos (she has a little girl who is Emmas age - I love that girl!) and that was really good for me. Then we went to a great consignment boutique here and dreamed of cute clothes for our kiddos. I found a dress I would have wanted to get for Emma. Then, we went home, I changed diapers, knit and let Winnie the Pooh babysit Seth (thank heavens for the library having the Pooh movie!). Jeremy got home around 3:30 and we got packed up and went to Kaysville (where she is buried). We went and got balloons, I don't remember how many, but lots of pink and white balloons. We sent her balloons in heaven and sang happy birthday. I have yet to be able to get through that song without crying on her birthday. Then Jer put new flowers in her vases and we went to dinner. We had her picture on the table with us, I am sure the server was curious why we had a picture of a little baby girl on the table Then we went to my brother's and had pie with he and his wife. We didn't make it to the store to drop off her presents for Toys for Tots, so Jer and Seth are doing that today.
On the way home from my brother's, we were driving by an ambulance. I hate ambulances more than anything. It got me thinking about the day she died and I just lost it. I cried for about 20 minutes of our drive home. Then, we got home, got Seth in bed and I sat down and cried some more. I was really glad to go to bed last night and have the day over. I just can't believe that I have a 4 year old child. That blows my mind. It probably blows my mind the most because I have no idea what my life would be like with her here. I sometimes wish that I could have the "It's a Wonderful Life" experience and be able to see what my life would be like if she were still here...if wishes were pennies...
Anyway, thank you all for your kind thoughts, prayers and hugs, I really appreciate it. Another year has come and gone and I am still alive. I have 2 beautiful earth bound children and one beautiful angel...so I guess things aren't too bad.

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2006, 08:12 PM

's

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 12-16-2006, 08:26 PM

Kim.. ...
Old 12-16-2006, 08:46 PM

Kim
Old 12-16-2006, 08:58 PM

Kim, our internet was out all day yesterday but you and Emma were in my thoughts.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:19 PM

Thank you all so much, really. You guys are the best. So, here is something I made for Emma today. I should be cleaning my apartment, but I just couldn't. Anyway, tissue warning, there I said it!

Old 12-16-2006, 09:24 PM

Old 12-16-2006, 09:25 PM

Beautiful Emma
Old 12-16-2006, 09:33 PM

Kim~ She's so beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing pics of her.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 12-16-2006, 09:38 PM

Kim
I've been fighting a nasty cold for the last 3 days and my nose was leaking like a faucet til today when it finally dried up. As soon as the music started I told myself that if I started crying my nose would start up again. So here I am crying and laughing at a beautiful smilie baby with kleenex jambed up my nose because it just won't stop. for Emma
Old 12-16-2006, 10:59 PM
~pi

nak

kim, that was beautiful.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 12-16-2006, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Kim, thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful girl. I felt a mixture of peace, sadness, and happiness watching that. She must have brought immeasurable joy into your lives the short time she was here. I feel so blessed that you are sharing your joy and your sorrow with us. I have lost loved ones, but nothing compared to a mother losing a child. My heart aches just thinking about the possibility.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr View Post
Thank you all so much, really. You guys are the best. So, here is something I made for Emma today. I should be cleaning my apartment, but I just couldn't. Anyway, tissue warning, there I said it!
Thank you for sharing this Kim. Ema is so beautiful!
Old 12-17-2006, 12:58 AM

Oh Kim, my heart hurts for you Thank you for sharing your beautiful girl with us.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:59 AM

What's a mama to do when all her dc are sleeping and her dh got called to go to work? Come to MDC, of course!

Old 12-17-2006, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post
I told you it was a tissue warning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Kim~ She's so beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing pics of her.
Aw thanks, I think she's pretty cute myself! It is funny because I watch that and I see SO much of her in Amelia. It is really neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic Chrissy View Post
Kim
I've been fighting a nasty cold for the last 3 days and my nose was leaking like a faucet til today when it finally dried up. As soon as the music started I told myself that if I started crying my nose would start up again. So here I am crying and laughing at a beautiful smilie baby with kleenex jambed up my nose because it just won't stop. for Emma
That is a great image!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
nak

kim, that was beautiful.
Thanks. I love that song, can you tell? Thank you again for sending it to me.

Quote:
Kim, thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful girl. I felt a mixture of peace, sadness, and happiness watching that. She must have brought immeasurable joy into your lives the short time she was here. I feel so blessed that you are sharing your joy and your sorrow with us. I have lost loved ones, but nothing compared to a mother losing a child. My heart aches just thinking about the possibility.
I feel that same mixture of peace, sadness and happiness. She really was such a sweet baby, so happy and so smiley! That is how Amelia is too, it is really fun. I miss her so so much, but am so grateful that I had a wonderful 8 months with her.

Quote:
What's a mama to do when all her dc are sleeping and her dh got called to go to work? Come to MDC, of course!
Well YEAH! My dh is here (giving Seth a shower) and I am on mdc Amelia is being a happy naked baby on the floor, so I have a few minutes of quiet!

Old 12-17-2006, 01:14 AM

I'd like to go sew right now, but it would wake the baby. I have a sewing closet in my bedroom. I suppose I could lug it all out to the kitchen, but .... nah. Not tonight.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:02 AM

nak
Kim I'm sorry to say I couldn't watch it, I saw the beginning and started crying and decided I just couldn't watch it. Ever since my mum died I do feel very vulnerable to grief stuff and that added with having babies myself...... well you know what I mean....

My heart goes out to you though for yesterday and I send you love and thoughts from my place on earth all the way over oceans to yours
Old 12-17-2006, 06:49 AM

I couldn't watch it all the way through either. I'm going to light a real candle now for Emma and send you - ack words failing me here. Love...
Old 12-17-2006, 11:49 AM

Hey all!

I heard that some of you were wondering about me. I'm still kickin!
I'm waiting for my darling husband to get me that laptop he promised. For me to get online I have to come out to his smelly shop on the offtimes that he's not in here. And its hard to type with a squirmy boy on my lap!

Anyway......heres my issue.....

My family here in Maine is wonderful and sweet and they ADORE Lochlan, but they are all very mainstream and have been kind of pushing their agenda on me (early solids, CIO and vaccinations) In fact they have gone so far as to say that I am socially irresponsible for not vaccinating. Well ladeda. I don't agree.
The worst part is the CIO. I don't understand how they cannot think its totally cruel to let him cry by himself! My grandmother puts her .02 in every conversation. Says that by 6 months all her kids were in a crib. But I remember my mom telling me that her youngest brother used to bang his head against the wall to fall asleep. If thats not a terrible sleep association I don't know what is. I just need to know how to respond because for now I smile and nod and then vent to my dh. I know I will never win them over but I hope that we can have some understanding soon.

Lochlan is doing the cutest thing. He scrunches up his nose and snorts when he laughs. Its adorable! I'm going to try to get it on my blog on video soon.

Anyway I hope you are doing well and I absolutely wish I had the time to read but sadly I don't. PM me if you have any words of wisdom on my situation. I feel very out of the loop on AP stuff since I don't have daily mothering and my mom friends in detroit are out or reach now. I really need to get plugged in here to the LLL and such. I know there is a huge AP community here somewhere! I have a 2nd cousin who is ap but I don't see her often and my family thinks she is crazy for parenting the way she does!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
Old 12-17-2006, 12:16 PM

I think losing a child, and to a lesser degree the fear of losing a child, are the most fundamentally heart-breaking experiences. I'm glad this group can support Kim together.

Anyone read The Birth House? There is a part where a mama has to go away from her baby indefinitely and doesn't know if she can return (I won't say who or why, in case you read it later), and she writes this letter to the friend who is caring for her baby. It's just so piercingly on.

Dear Bertine,
I know you have taken my dear little Wrennie into your home without question or a second thought. Thank you.

I miss home. I miss resting Wrennie on my hip, the scent of talc on the nape of her neck, the grasp of her tiny hand around my finger.

Most mothers would send a reminder, a list to say these are the things my baby needs, these are the things you must do. But I can't bring myself to make such requests. You are a good friend, you are a good mother. You'll give her all that she needs and more.

These are the things you musn't do:

Never take her out on the porch to feel the mist of the fog on her face.
Never tie lavender over her bed.
Never waltz with her, singing, "And the Band Played On"
Never kiss her cheek after she's asleep and say, "Sweet dreams for a sweet girl."
Never tell her "Mommy's coming home."

...I'm hoping if you leave these things alone, in a matter of days or however long it takes, she'll learn not to look for me. If you love her enough in your own way, she'll learn to do something I cannot - forget that I was her mother.

That's just part of the letter, but it's the part that made me think of you mamas and Kim and Emma. I know your situation was totally different, and worse, but any time a loving mama/baby is separated permanently, it's just wrong.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:42 PM

kim, very beautiful!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
Old 12-17-2006, 01:07 PM

Old 12-17-2006, 02:11 PM

Wow Amy,that was just heart-wrenching. Beautiful writing though, looks like it's worth a read.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:10 PM

I'm here just busy. will try to post later.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:50 PM

yes, quagmire, it's a very good book. I really liked it a lot - I think it's in my top 3 books for the year.

April - smile and nod is a good method, imo. Before you know it, L will be bigger, and with any luck they'll just *assume* he's in his own bed. I know my family assumed my kids were weaned and sleeping alone long before they were.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
"juicy fruit loop" :

My baby is a non sleeper suddenly. All day, and apparently all night, too. I had a short break earlier. Guess I should've gone to bed then. Dh took pics of me sleeping in the recliner last night. Usually the flash wakes me up. This time it didn't. Out cold, I was.

Anywho, here's some of the latest pics of my crew. Will try to get an awake pic of myself with my new haircut. Much better than my pp mop I had been sporting.

Fall 2006 pics
Hi all. I hear you about the no sleep Tanya. Cole might take two 15 minute naps a day if I'm lucky, which would be fine if he wasn't up every 3 hrs at night still and up ready to play by 5am....

Any ways I've finally uploaded some pics, still havent't gotten the newest done tho. lol

http://www.dropshots.com/earthurs1975
Old 12-17-2006, 07:29 PM

Oooh cute pics!
Old 12-17-2006, 08:58 PM

So much to reply to and so little time! Thank you all for the and :guhs, y'all are the bestest. I completely understand for those who couldn't watch it...Witt and Sandrine (?). It is hard, I know.
Pav - where do I get Lac Maternum? I need it again and I passed on what was left to someone else who needed it. We are needing it again in a bad way. As it is right now, Seth is standing by me yelling, "Mommy! I want some Milkers!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
I think losing a child, and to a lesser degree the fear of losing a child, are the most fundamentally heart-breaking experiences. I'm glad this group can support Kim together.
That is so true Amy. I am also so grateful for the love and support of this group.

That passage from the book rings so true to me. Ugh, crying babe..more later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
yes, quagmire, it's a very good book. I really liked it a lot - I think it's in my top 3 books for the year.
I have requested it from the library, I am sure it is one that i will love.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:25 PM

Lac Maternum

Elsanne ~ did you get yours in mail?

User Tag List