Hittin' the half year mark with the July Mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You guys are cracking me up this moring!
Elsanne ~ what a fun idea! Except that I really don't have time to describe my day in smilies, or in words in that matter.

Sandrine ~ I am sure you are not the only one whose English is being made fun of - see, now I have NO idea if that's correct grammar, what I just wrote here.
#62 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
Does anyone else agree with me that though 'they' may well be weaker - treating them as if they were actually makes it worse? :
You are probably right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
(kidding)
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
And in case you're worried, I'm not sad up there, I'm in the shower.
I suppose the rest of us just don't take one. Ew. My : is just before bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
I'm realizing just how many smileys MDC is missing based on this thread!
No cooking smilie, very little eating smilies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
Sandrine ~ I am sure you are not the only one whose English is being made fun of - see, now I have NO idea if that's correct grammar, what I just wrote here.
You're not supposed to end your sentence in a proposition. Technically, you have a run on sentence, but where the first one ended with "fun of"...the word "of" is a preposition. Prepositions are words that make sence when you say "the log" after it. I.e. "of the log" "to the log" "for the log" "at the log".

j/k
#63 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 01:42 PM

: : : : : : : : : : : : :fireman

something like this...spot the deliberate mistake...
#64 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
And in case you're worried, I'm not sad up there, I'm in the shower.
tee hee! ya got me there until I read this.

Quote:
I just realized we need an "at the computer" smiley because the taking notes one doesn't exactly represent what I'm doing all day

And for any wondering, no, we are not actually trying to get pg again... that was a joke!
Tee hee! and there is the nak smilie for computer biz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

You're not supposed to end your sentence in a proposition. Technically, you have a run on sentence, but where the first one ended with "fun of"...the word "of" is a preposition. Prepositions are words that make sence when you say "the log" after it. I.e. "of the log" "to the log" "for the log" "at the log".

j/k
:

Quote:
:fireman

..spot the deliberate mistake...
You make love with a fireman before bed? You put out your husband's fire? Your own?
#65 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 03:20 PM

: things don't make "sence" they make "sense". : :
I cannot believe I spelled that the Arkansan way.
#66 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post

You make love with a fireman before bed? You put out your husband's fire? Your own?
Heaven forbid that I should put out anyone's fire! No it was just a sudden : impulse to put a fireman there...

option one! In, of course, the world of the deliberate mistake.

Tanya
#67 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 03:53 PM

Quote:

Anyone else's baby trying to insert their fingers into their mouth while nursing? DD is doing this and it's driving me crazy! When I gently pull them out she gets furious.
[/SIZE]
Totally!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#68 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:

#69 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
: things don't make "sence" they make "sense". : :
Especially sence you were correcting someone's grammar....:
#70 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Sandrine, I KNOW you're French, that's why I tease you. If a native English speaker was saying that, I think I wouldn't say a word, I'd just feel sorry for them. However, I have me here a license somewhere...lemme find it...dig dig...oh here it is: LICENSE TO TEASE FRENCH PEOPLE: Elsanne. Nope, not expired yet! Oh, and here it says something in the fine print about being able to tease most anyone I please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
I wanted to say earlier but didn't want to make you feel like you don't write well (because you do) but I love your "accent" when you write. Every so often you phrase something in a way that totally shows the Quebecois influence.
Quote:
You know you two, i just feel like i'm getting worse in writing. Especially in the past 2 wks. I hope my english gets better or else, i'm in trouble. My french is already in trouble especially my writting. It's like eng and french are all getting mix in my brain and then i try to write and it's all wrong. :

Quote:

j/k
Look what i started. Ppl correcting others.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#71 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 06:20 PM

Bonne fête DD1
Bonne fête DD1
Bonne fête, Bonne fête,
Bonne fête DD1!!!

She's turns 4yrs old today. Actually in less than 1hrs she was born 4 yrs ago.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#72 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 06:41 PM

:

and to sonya!

#73 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 07:27 PM
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
(kidding)

Quote:
:
I am assuming this is your description of you at work.

Bonne fête à CF1, Sandrine! (CF = chère fille )

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#74 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
I am assuming this is your description of you at work.
Yep I'm in a project management group for development so most of my day is spent doing this , this , and preventing others from doing this :

It makes me :
#75 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 10:08 PM

Quote:
: : : : : : : : : : : : :fireman

something like this...spot the deliberate mistake...
Do I detect a little bible study with your fireman husband?
#76 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 10:57 PM

Quote:

Anyone else's baby trying to insert their fingers into their mouth while nursing? DD is doing this and it's driving me crazy! When I gently pull them out she gets furious.
Yep, drives me batty!!

My day consists of trying not to yell at ds and trying to keep him from hurting his sister

he's doing it now...gotta run

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#77 of 1217 Old 12-02-2006, 11:01 PM

Quote:
I'll answer all those questions in a bit. We just got back from DH's "big V", and he's to "stay off his feet". So I'm going to wait on him hand and foot for a while. I don't mind, but I'm really having a hard time not GOING OFF about how I was so not waited on after I pushed out all those babies.

*sigh* just such a difference in perspective sometimes...
Tell him to come talk to my dh. I think that since Nathan came about 12 months earlier than we planned, he is finally opening up to the idea. Hope your dh is feeling better now. I'd love to hear about his recovery to tell dh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Here's a link to some new pics. I haven't had a chance to caption them yet.
Oh my, your gals are precious!!!

Quote:
OMG, these are hilarious! I especially love Amy's booze break during her day!
:

Quote:

And for any wondering, no, we are not actually trying to get pg again... that was a joke!
Your day was awfully similar to mine, especially the work parts!

Quote:
You guys write better than most people in the US. I'm not kidding!

Quote:
Heaven forbid that I should put out anyone's fire! No it was just a sudden : impulse to put a fireman there...

option one! In, of course, the world of the deliberate mistake.
Oh darn. I thought the reading the book thing was ya know, reading THE BOOK thing...
#78 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 12:43 AM

Quote:

Logan does this too. Sometimes he'll stop nursing for a minute to suck on his fingers too. :
#79 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 01:59 AM

Hi girls. I can't do my day today in smilies because there are no holdin sleeping babies smilies. Mattie has had a 102 fever all day. I did finally break down and give her a couple doses of tylenol. Not for the fever as much as for the pain she expressed that she was in . I nursed and held her all day. I jsut announced that I would be doing nothing else first thing in the morning and that's what I did. My aunt held her a bit, dh held her a bit. Mostly for me to get a potty break or food. I gave her a couple baths. They helped a little. Her fever reallt hasn't dropped below 101, evenn with tylenol. My dh said that if she was hurting and I could help her, I should give her something. So he ran out and bought some. She was pretty lethargic and sleepy all day. A couple hours ago she started moving around again. Her fever is on the rise again. I can't decide what I wanna do as we prepare for bed. Well, I guess I'll have to come back in a few minutes. She has just filled the diaper I just put on her. Very loudly. SHe always waits for the clean diaper.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#80 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 07:37 AM

Oh Jessica, hope little one is on the mend...

Sandrine- my Polish is going up the spout at the moment and I'm feeling it's hormones...something about having a baby puts me back to the mother tongue...
bonne fetes! It's dd 1s ninth birthday party today. I am a nervous wreck. I've decided to take responsibility for the kids and my er non-fireman dh for the adults. I find balloons do a lot to calm stress !!
#81 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 09:55 AM

JJoy, hope your little one feels better soon

Oy, toddlers...

Yesterday we went xmas shopping and stopped for lunch around noon. It was a Wendy's, absolutely packed, so we sat smack in the middle of the restaurant since there were no other tables. I managed to nurse DD2 with a minimum of fuss, but I have to use nursing pads and they always wrinkle and get messed up when I try to be discreet.

So DD1 notices me futzing around and shouts "MAMA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR BOOB?" (because she is almost three and often has trouble controlling THE VOLUME OF HER VOICE!) DH and I cracked up, which of course prompted DD1 to repeat three more times, and louder for effect... :

Anyway it was a mixed crowd and no one batted an eye so that much was good!
#82 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
"MAMA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR BOOB?"
:

You should have told her "Incredibly stretching my nipple, of course."

JJoy (Quag, I like your abbreviation enough to steal it)....It sucks when they are sick, but also nice to know that we can help heal them more quickly and comfort them in a way no one else can while they are sick. I hope she's better soon!

Sarenka, remember to take a deep breath. You have the easy part - the kids! They're easily impressed. Your dh has the hard part entertaining the adults.

Whatever stomach bug I caught that sent me to the potty all night Friday and Saturday morning my ds caught. He slept with me last night, and eventually dd1 came to bed, too. I was sandwiched between three kids, a dog and a cat. I didn't sleep that well. I'm
#83 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Oh man, for sick kids, Tanya and JJoy. I am thinking of your children and especially that little one, Jessica. Hope she woke up a bit better.

Sarenka, how did the party go?

Quag that is a pretty durn funny story!!!

Thinking about Maria and that low sugar episode she had last week...: jk honey...thought I'd keep mentioning it...
#84 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 11:25 AM

Quagmire, toddlers do keep you honest, don't they?
And, yes, Ethan tries to get his fingers in his mouth while nursing. It's aggravating, but it's nowhere near as painful as his newest nursing behavior. He latches on, then grabs the boob with both hands and pushes away as hard as he can. Incredible stretchable nipple indeed, and half the time he pulls it out of his mouth, which REALLY makes him mad. I have to hold his hands while he nurses, which makes it hard to NAK, which is one reason I can't respond to half the posts I want to around here.

JJoy and Tanya. Jessica, how's the babe this morning?

And happy birthdays all around! Ethan is 4 months today. He's not yet rolling over, though he could if he tried. His two bottom teeth are almost all the way in, and he seems to be working on the next two bottom ones. He has figured out how to reach out and grab things. He loves his sisters, and I'm still completely smitten.
#85 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
: newest nursing behavior. He latches on, then grabs the boob with both hands and pushes away as hard as he can.
HERE TOO!!! OOOOH this is aggravating at times.
#86 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
And, yes, Ethan tries to get his fingers in his mouth while nursing. It's aggravating, but it's nowhere near as painful as his newest nursing behavior. He latches on, then grabs the boob with both hands and pushes away as hard as he can. Incredible stretchable nipple indeed, and half the time he pulls it out of his mouth, which REALLY makes him mad. I have to hold his hands while he nurses, which makes it hard to NAK, which is one reason I can't respond to half the posts I want to around here.
Ow ow ow

We've added a new painful one today... she brings her fist up next to her mouth on my boob and pushes it hard while making a twisting motion. It's hard to explain but I assure you, not at all comfortable. Any attempt to hold her hands results in infuriated screeching

Perhaps it's teeth coming in. Maybe.

A friend of mine has a 5.5 month old who just popped one tooth on the bottom. It looks really funny.... they call her Snaggletooth
#87 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 04:07 PM

Page 2????

That ain't right. - Chris Rock
#88 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 04:29 PM

Hello everyone!!!

Hope all those sick babies get better real soon.

Did i tell ya i can't type either???

DD3 is also trying to put her hand close to her mouth while nursing. I usually have one hand in my hand and then the other is stuck under her as her arm is under her tummy. She can't get me with that hand.

Right now her cute thing, is when i have her standing on me, she tries to take my face and bring her face close to me for a kiss. It's cute but she can keep all her saliva to herself. eww i keep wiping her. but the kisses are cute. She also take that occasion to chat to me and tell me stuff but it's all with her tongue out. lol It's so funny. Have you tried talking with your tongue out?? can't say much without us not understanding it.

#89 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 05:54 PM

Sunday afternoon haiku

Football I hate you
You rob me of my husband
I can't do it all

:
#90 of 1217 Old 12-03-2006, 06:15 PM
~pi

JJuice, :guhs.

I just got news that a good friend of mine who was due last week just had her baby girl via emergency C. Reading all the happy excited congrats on her blog is making me and and :. I don't know if she will feel the same as I did, but I know she was planning a midwife-assisted NCB, so I am assuming that she is, at the very least, disappointed. I feel horribly guilty because although for the most part, I'm just heartbroken for her, a very tiny part of me is grateful that I am not alone in my circle of friends anymore.

The weirdest thing about it all is that the evening her babe was born, I told my DH that I had a feeling that she was in labour, that it wasn't going very well, and that it was going to end up as a c/s. I had hoped that it was just a weird feeling, or I was projecting my experience, or something.

I'm just and and .

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page