Hittin' the half year mark with the July Mamas - Page 41 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1201 of 1217 Old 12-31-2006, 04:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

Sabbath, I don't have any personal experience, but the only thing I can think of is getting a physical prior to donating so that you have evidence of a clean bill of health. I suppose it also depends on how well you know each other. Very close friends I wouldn't worry about it, but someone I didn't know well I would protect myself a bit more. Crazy world we live in and all....
GOOD IDEA. Scheduled and duly noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
do you mind doing this on-thread? I've never donated to a specific person, but I'm in the process of being approved to donate through International Breastmilk Project - I feel like going through them is going to CMA, yk? Plus, they donate to not only preemies domestically but HIV babies in Africa.

I like when they flap their wings like they wanna take off. With this baby in particular, I love when he smiles so big his eyes disappear. swooon
I don't mind, just didn't want to hijack or anything. I have been emailing back and forth with the partner, and they sound like an awesome couple. She is a member here, on MDC, I don't know if her partner is or not. I didn't want to completely open up convo if anyone is going to ask me questions about them. They have their right to privacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Hugs to everyone who needs em! I'm becoming the Emergen-C spokesgirl but man does it help.

Re: donating breastmilk. Here are a few good links:

http://www.breastfeeding.com/all_abo...ilk_banks.html
http://www.nationalmilkbank.org/donorinfo_faq.html
http://www.thewholewomaninc.com/milk_bank.htm

I also got a handout from my LLL leader which I've since misplaced on how exactly to go through the steps of sterilizing equipment, washing hands etc. Basically I wash everything in super hot, soapy water including my hands. I don't wipe down my nipples but I do shower before I start. I pump, then I bring the milk over to a clean surface. I wash my hands again, label the bags, then wash my hands again and transfer the milk directly into the bags. Then they go in the freezer (we have a larger freezer so I put the bags in our regular freezer, then once they are frozen (and can stand up on their own) they go in a big tupperware in the large freezer. I see my friend that I donate to every week or two, so she gets a big bag of milk when we get together. I try to store by the amount that her babies drink. So I started at 2 oz but now we're up to 4oz (yay baby!)

We didn't do blood tests or anything but I'd certainly do one at her request. She knows me well enough to know that I don't take drugs or drink (except a glass of wine in the evening - certainly not close to the time I'm pumping). I take vitamins and I drink Emergen-C. I'm generally a healthy person. And I do plan to start exercising again soon

So that's what it's like for a personal donation. If anyone has specific questions you can PM or ask me here.
Excellent information thank you! I was looking for just this kind of response.
#1202 of 1217 Old 12-31-2006, 11:20 AM

: :
#1203 of 1217 Old 12-31-2006, 11:42 AM

Oh lord. The baby has been awake for almost 2 hours. She has picked 5 am as the time when her internal alarmclock goes off. I think it's permanent, she's been doing it for the last 2 weeks, sick or not. Please. Kill me now. Or get me a really big cup of coffee. bllleeeeeeccccchhhh.
#1204 of 1217 Old 12-31-2006, 12:09 PM

for Sabbath

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post
I've run heaps of half marathons but never the full marathon - wish me luck ahh!!!
Wowwwww. I'm impressed. I managed a 5K once, and it just about did me in. I'm very impressed.

Quote:
I have a cute question......... I LOVE the babyness of my baby, she's my last and I SOOO LOVE babies....... What is your favourite baby thing?
I don't think I can pick just one! All the ones mentioned, especially that "Oh you're here thank goodness all is right in the world" smile. And snuggles - the way they kind of burrow into your neck. Mmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
AU, JUS!!!
: and
Yep, I'm going to start writing before I find the pen. I might find it along the way, and then I'll probably write a haiku about it One a day for the whole year? I smell a challenge!

Here's one Tanya helped me with, and by "helped me with" I mean I am blatantly plagiarizing an entire line:

Instead of "screw it"
Haiku to get you through it,
Or "Just Haiku It"
#1205 of 1217 Old 12-31-2006, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post

Instead of "screw it"
Or "Just Haiku It"

BWA HA HA HA!!!

Sab:

Tanya: just haiku it, mama! You have really been earning your mama badge these days...

Maria, I really enjoyed your letter to your son. What a lucky boy, lucky mama...
#1206 of 1217 Old 12-31-2006, 02:05 PM

:

Happy new year's eve all!! Waiting for guests - going to have about 10 people round...!!

I'm trying to just haiku it!

Sabbath, we have the same thing here -joyful raspberry blowing between 5 and 6...commiserative hug...
#1207 of 1217 Old 12-31-2006, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
Do you get as excited about remembering a dream as I do?? I take it as evidence that I've actually slept!!
Yes I did that night. Since I have only had 3-4 dreams since ds2's been born, I remember them! I am normally a very vivid dreamer so it is quite weird to not sleep long enough to have them regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

Busy with brother and SIL here. And kids that won't sleep!!! It's been a crazy night at the "Griswold's".
I'm not going to say why on a public forum but that serious cracked me up. If curious, ask me why on the other forum. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
Oh lord. The baby has been awake for almost 2 hours. She has picked 5 am as the time when her internal alarmclock goes off. I think it's permanent, she's been doing it for the last 2 weeks, sick or not. Please. Kill me now. Or get me a really big cup of coffee. bllleeeeeeccccchhhh.
Similar here. I hate it. Looking forward to the end of daylight savings.
#1208 of 1217 Old 12-31-2006, 04:14 PM

happy new year all
nak
letter capitals are beyond me
#1209 of 1217 Old 12-31-2006, 08:40 PM

Happy New Year everyone

we are going to some party at a strangers house (inlaws friends)-leaving kevin w/granny and taking seth with-why? cuz it seems so lame to stay in granny's basement with seth while dh goes...ugh. i hate NYE!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#1210 of 1217 Old 12-31-2006, 11:09 PM

Happy new year all! We are sitting around at home like losers

Witt, cool news on the marathon!
#1211 of 1217 Old 01-01-2007, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Happy new year all! We are sitting around at home like losers
We are too! Happy New Year everyone!
#1212 of 1217 Old 01-01-2007, 12:07 AM

i'm home alone with seth. woohoo!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#1213 of 1217 Old 01-01-2007, 12:20 AM

we have a New Year's tradition (have had the same tradition for last 6 years hint hint)

wait for it.......................

We go to bed by 10.30pm!!!

One day when my children aren't breastfeeding and I don't have to get up at 6am, Laura and I are going to see the New Year in like grown ups with alcohol and staying up past midnight
#1214 of 1217 Old 01-01-2007, 12:21 AM

forgot to say
I got an Ergo today and my baby is finally on my back! Hooray
I'm still going to have her on my front in my Moby wrap but I love the freedom of being able to choose and having her on my back sometimes!!! yay!!!
#1215 of 1217 Old 01-01-2007, 12:39 AM

Happy New Year's!! Best wishes for everyone for 2007.

Kelly~ weren't you suppose to go to the party with your dh?? I'm sure it's nice to be home alone too. Enjoy the quietness.

Witt~ Lucky girl!! I want one too but dh doesn't want to.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#1216 of 1217 Old 01-01-2007, 03:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Here's one Tanya helped me with, and by "helped me with" I mean I am blatantly plagiarizing an entire line:

Instead of "screw it"
Or "Just Haiku It"
: I'm happy to be your muse.

Happy New Year, all! I got a broken computer for the new year. Hope dh can fix it and my pictures can be saved! He put a second drive in there ages ago for all our pics, but I was trying something new and all the pics since the baby's birth are on the main drive. Yikes. Backup your pics and email!
#1217 of 1217 Old 01-01-2007, 03:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page