Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2006, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post
So when are you moving to CT?
Any good jobs for HS History teachers???

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2006, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
Oh that is different than the one I was thinking about. That was interesting. I don't know if I can get past giving a baby a hunk of food or meat and not cutting it up. I understand what they are saying but I don't know if I could convince myself to do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Not anymore!!!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Any good jobs for HS History teachers???
I don't know! My town has a very good school system though - our high school just won some kind of education award....
Old 12-03-2006, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I don't know! My town has a very good school system though - our high school just won some kind of education award....
Cool!

I think before i move anywhere, that dh needs a job.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 12-03-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Cool!

I think before i move anywhere, that dh needs a job.
Sheesh you're just too logical.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:03 PM

Have any of you ever attended a "Big Yellow Box by Crayola" party? They are one of those catalog/home party type things. They basically sell "crafts in a box" to encourage family time. I'm toying with the idea of becoming a consultant...anything for extra cash...would love to hear opinions...

Dh's mother was in a car accident today! She cut out in front of an 18-wheeler (totally her fault)!!! She was t-boned - he slammed right into her door. Because of side airbags, she walked out with just a scratch on her forehead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The car is totaled. She would have died without the airbags. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:

Dh's mother was in a car accident today! She cut out in front of an 18-wheeler (totally her fault)!!! She was t-boned - he slammed right into her door. Because of side airbags, she walked out with just a scratch on her forehead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The car is totaled. She would have died without the airbags. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
holly cow!! I'm glad she's ok. I don't know if I'd ever be able to drive after a car accident!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:20 PM

OH! Guess what I just realized? My subscription to Working Mother expired!! Now I don't know if I was published or not!!!!!!!!!!!! Waaaahhhh! I might have to buy the Nov issue on backorder. I can't believe they haven't sent me all kinds of renewal notices...
Old 12-03-2006, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
: So glad she's alright!

Pavlina, I hope his eye heals quickly. I agree, the abx would likely be in his system a bit, but I think you may avoid the major alterations in gut flora with eye drops. Thanks for that link, too. I saw that ages ago when dd1 was starting solids, but I lost it. I'm so glad to have it bookmarked again!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Sunday afternoon haiku

Football I hate you
You rob me of my husband
I can't do it all

:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Here's a question that I am sure someone will have the answer for: How big is too big for the sling? DS is about 17lbs and it's starting to get harder to carry him in it. Is this normal?

Also, tried rice cereal for the first time this morning and as I suspected....he was very disinterested. How long should I stay with the rice cereal before trying oatmeal?
Re: slings - how do you carry him? I turned Rachel around to face front and it's made all the difference in the world. She was straining so hard to see around her that she'd fall sideways while facing me That position was starting to put a lot of strain on one side since I'd have to lean to keep her upright. Now, facing forward, she is froggied comfortably with her head resting between my boobs. She can fall asleep that way, but if she gets overstimulated I can still turn her around to face me.

Re: solids - I skipped all the cereals with DD1 - they tend to constipate because of all the iron and - take my opinion FWIW - I don't think they have a whole lot of nutritional value. We started on sweet potatoes - I baked them, slipped the skins off and blended them with breastmilk. Yummy! Then we did pears and after that apples. I think we did a combo next: chicken rice and green beans. I made everything myself. It's really really easy, and sort of fun : I steamed fruits and veggies, pureed them with a little water, and stuck it all in ice cube trays. Then once they froze I put them in bags or tupperware and sent them to school with her a couple at a time.

I want to say we started a couple of days before she turned 6 months. I agree with Pav - everything is so exciting with the first that I think we got sucked into trying stuff quickly. More on that later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
Pav & Tanya, thanks. The "funny" thing is, I'm at a point now where I'm feeling much more at peace with my experience. Not happy, and I certainly learned some things about what I would and would not do again, but more or less at peace. I've finished the birth story and am just waiting to get a missing page from my chart on Monday to do the last bit of fact-checking before I call it done.

So it's just strange for me that just as I am moving past this place, someone about whom I care may be entering it. It really lends credence to my mom's mantra: "Everything happens for a reason."
Maria, I just want to say that you are awesome This friend is really lucky to have you. And I'm glad that you are in a good place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator.

Quote:
I'm going to have to do SOME solids, probably one serving around the 6 months time period just to shut the dcp up. We're having some issues there. : She takes great care of him but I'm not liking her attitude toward his current feeding schedule. She is way too used to formula babies. Sigh. I just hate the whole daycare thing.
So many dcps have no experience with bf babies. It's crazy. I can see now why people are so surprised that my baby is EBF when I work 4x a week though...

I am actually torn on the solids as well. I think DD1 was borderline - we really took it easy with the introduction of solids though I think in retrospect she could have waited a few weeks or even more than a month. At her 9 month visit her ped told me "we really like to see them eating three meals a day by now." : At the time she was getting two "cubes" per day, mainly at school. On weekends I never bothered.

So. Given the bottle situation, Rachel is averaging 4 oz a day when she's away from me. I do worry about her calories. She has plenty of wet and poop diapers, and she is growing like a weed. She hasn't done her WBV yet because we are switching peds, but I measured her at home and she was nearly 26 inches long. She's growing out of 6-9 mos clothes. But I still worry and would like to add more to her diet. Not NOW of course... she is 2 weeks away from being 5 months and only sits up for 5-10 seconds at a time. But I am inclined to start sooner rather than later because I hate the fact that she's going 9 hours with only 4 oz of milk. She is definitely more aware of food than DD1 was... she watches the fork travel back and forth between my mouth and the plate when I eat

Anyway I hate that the fact that DD is in daycare influences this decision : We will try straw cups once she can sit up unsupported. That may help.

Sorry to get so far off course! Good luck with the dcp Cori. You are The Mama. You make the decisions!

Quote:
OMG! Glad she's ok!

Interesting stuff on the homeopathy! I am in the processing re-reading the Nutrition and Immunology sticky in the Vaccinations forum because there is SO MUCH GOOD STUFF in there. When I think about how reliant this society has become on the pharmaceutical industry it makes me all the more determined to get my diet in balance. Herbal remedies are definitely a part of that. I'm trying to avoid even Tylenol for myself... I've been so quick in the past to take it for every little ailment. Anyway, Belladonna seems to have a ton of uses! Isn't that the stuff in Similasan?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:33 AM

Similasan has lots of diferent products and each of them has different homeopathic remedies in them based on the symptoms. Some of them do have Belladonna in them as well.
That made me look up their website (similasanusa.com) and they have a new product called Sty eye relief - I might give it a try if I can find it locally. I hope I will get the oehter remedy I ordered on-line tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Sheesh you're just too logical.
I don't think we can survive on just my salary.

Quote:
So glad that she is ok.

Pav, you just do it. My mom had an accident about 10yrs ago and since then she drives but she gets nervous. It depends on the condition of the road and how tired she is. Mostly she like to drive than be driven.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:46 AM

My ils left us a x-mas present. A cheque. It's going to help with our debt. It's like they kinda knew but dh doesn't want to let them know that we are having a hard time. I think of spending it a bit on sleighs for the girls. I know that they will love that.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:58 AM

Question: Does Anyone Want To Do A X-mas Card Swap???

I'll Could Do The Addy List.

Let Me Know.

p.s. I type that all in capital and that's the results??:
p.s.s. Deadline is FRIDAY. Leave us less than 3 wks to send our card.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Hm. Cards? mmmm...nice idea. Gifts? Now we're talkin.
:

I don't do cards, although I love to make them.

Juice: I haikus. I especially your haiku. I just love the economy of words to express, eloquently and simply, a thought or feeling.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

ps Sandrine, am I correct in my understanding that your Canadian husband teaches U.S. history?
Old 12-04-2006, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sandrine ~ So nice of your IL's to help you out. My mom helped us a bit when she was here after the baby. She stocked us up on things like garbage bags and soap. Amazing how help comes just when you need it.

I don't mind a card swap. I've never done one before. Maybe it will be motivation enough for me to actually send cards to my other friends and family. I'm the worlds best procrastinator.

Will someone please tell my babe that if she doesn't sleep then I can't sew? We must be on a growth spurt or something, because all I've kicked out is JJoys cloth wipes bag (which is just so darn cute I may have to make one for myself to make that official move to all cloth wipes). I'll have to do the pail liner next. It's easy and doesn't have the extra pretty fabric. Just a reusable garbage bag, pretty much!

I feel so bad. : Baby was passed out cold, so I laid her on the couch and ran off to get a shower and hopefully sew some more. I didn't take a long shower, but it wasn't rushed either. When I turned the water off, I heard her crying across the house. Dh was outside fiddling with something in his car. She had such big tears and a freaked out look of "I thought you'd never come" when I picked her up. : I wish I'd have laid her in the bed.

I have one more question at the end of my long winded post. Dd1 went to sleep really quickly tonight, but it was at least a couple hours after the head injury. Should I wake her up in a few hours just to be safe?
The bleeding did stop, but I gave her a bath and washed the wounds and they were leaking a bit. I think I just washed the scab off as it was still pretty fresh at bathtime.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:07 AM

-Did anybody here wait until after they were married to dtd?

Nope. We also got married after I was pregnant. And because we wanted to be able to live together in the same country!

-How many people wake to an alarm clock (an actual one, not your baby) every day?

Panda will sleep until noon if I keep giving her the boob. I can't sleep that long though! So around ten I usually hide the boob and she will gradually wake up looking for it. Once she is awake I will feed her and then we are good to go.

-Is everyone here actually married, or just together in the Biblical Sense?

We are really married.

-Did you get your hair cut short (from being long) at some point after you had this, or any other, baby?

I have had a mohawk for a few years, but grew it out while I was pregnant. A few weeks after she was born I cut it back to a short mohawk. I stopped dyeing it when I got pregnant though and now it is my natural color for the first time since I was 17!

ALSO...my brother went into rehab which is good. I have a five day break before my next show also good.

I got a 2nd degree burn from a hot water bottle a few nights ago. The big blister on my leg popped last night at the show! It is soooo gross!!! Does anyone have burn wound advice?!

Gotta go. Sad girl waking up.

Old 12-04-2006, 03:36 AM

wow you gals have been chatting away and I've been missing all the fun.

I'm flying solo with three kids right now, (my partner isn't home until late tonight) so perhaps this ain't the best time.......... I've got to get them into bed.

Have loved reading everyone's posts - I'm up to page 4!! I'll keep chugging away.

All ok here! Life is pretty hectic with three. But we're ok!
I don't know if this link works but here's (hopefully) me and my baby, if it doesn't work can someone give me some advice

oh yeah and my routine during the day, right round like a blue as**ed fly all day meeting everyone's needs except my own, ahh sweet housewife heaven

ok that is hysterical - my link has come up with something totally bizarre - I'll try again
http://www.dropshots.com/witt
Old 12-04-2006, 03:54 AM
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post
ALSO...my brother went into rehab which is good. I have a five day break before my next show also good.

I got a 2nd degree burn from a hot water bottle a few nights ago. The big blister on my leg popped last night at the show! It is soooo gross!!! Does anyone have burn wound advice?!
That's wonderful news about your brother, and your break. I think Vit E is good for burns? Really not sure. Hope you heal quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Thanks for all the good feelings. Mattie is better today.

Quote:
Oh my goodness. How wonderful that she is OK. :guh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Anyway I hate that the fact that DD is in daycare influences this decision :
:guh

Quote:
My ils left us a x-mas present. A cheque. It's going to help with our debt. It's like they kinda knew but dh doesn't want to let them know that we are having a hard time. I think of spending it a bit on sleighs for the girls. I know that they will love that.
That's awesome!!

We got some unexpected money recently -- enough so that we were able to replace our rustbucket of a car with something with airbags, tires with treads, and a relative degree of certainty that the brakes will work. We had actually been talking about going car-free again or joining AutoShare except that DH only got his license recently so that would mean I would have to do ALL the driving for the next three years. : Anyway, I'm just : to have a safe, reliable car for the first time in my life!

Quote:

I'll Could Do The Addy List.

Let Me Know.

p.s. I type that all in capital and that's the results??:
p.s.s. Deadline is FRIDAY. Leave us less than 3 wks to send our card.
I would be in for that. So we just PM you our address by Friday, you'll put them all together, and send us the list?

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 12-04-2006, 03:59 AM

First, an update, we've got a fever back, but nothing else. A bath brought down a couple degrees and she is n ow sleeping in my lap.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:13 AM

Girls, I'm so freaking out. Tonight, when going to bed, dh found a letter on our dresser. I'm not sure where it came from. I think it's been there a while but I hadn't read it. I must have opened it and somebody needed me so I never got back to reading it. Here's the long story and then I'll get back to the letter.

Back in May, we got a letter that my dh won an int ernet co ntest of some sort. He gets on and plays poker a good bit. It was like $4 5, 0 0 0. So we're like whatever, it's probably a scam. Well, dh calls the 800 number on the letter to cla im his pr ize and they say the tax es have to be p ai d out of the wi nnings and they'll send us a che ck for the ta xes. When we send in the t ax es they'll se nd us the rest of our mo ney. They gave him the option to have it mailed or to get it instan tly de posi ted into our che cking ac co unt if he gave them all our info. So he opts for mail, obviously. And we figure we'll never see anything. So July 1st, we get a che ck in the mail for $2 1 8 0. Couldn't have come at a better time. I was in labor and our bills were behind. So dh takes it to our ba nk and asks the ca shie r if it's re al. She says it is and that it's a c ashi er's ch e ck. So we cash it. And we decide to keep it and pass on the remaining $40 some odd t housa nd. Then a few weeks later, our ac cou nt is $2 2 0 0 ove rdra wn. We contacted the b an k, they said the ch eck was c oun ter fe it and we owe them the money. Well, we've used it all. To pay bills, so it's not like we can return stuff. They have this l oa n thing they do to help when your acc ount is ov erdra wn. So I app ly for that. They say they can't give it to us because it's over 10 0 0 . SO my dh was dealing with the vi ce pr esid ent of the b an ks in this area to figure out how to fix the problem. For the next 3 or 4 weeks, we tried to resolve this and every penny of dh's checks were getting taken by the bank. So dh stopped his dir ect dep os it at work. We were trying to pa y a little to the bank here and there. But we were so far behind that we stopped for a little while. We figured it would go on our cr edit and we'd pa y it back when we could. The last time we picked up our mail from our old apartment was a few weeks ago. And I haven't gone through all of it. But dh finds this letter on the dresser. It says that if we do not pay the full balance by OC TO BER 5th, cri mi nal cha rges will be fi le d and we'll be included. So I'm freaking out. Because that de adli ne was 2 months ago and we didn't even know about it. I don't know what we are going to do. But I am not going to j a il and lo sing my k ids over this. So any of you Cana da or Me xi co moms wanna ha rb or a fu gi ti ve ? At this moment, I'm partially kidding about that. I'm gonna call a l awy er in the morning and I guess take it from there. Oh, I can't believe this. Why do these things keep happening to us? We're good, honest, hard-working people, trying to do the right thing? Hugh, I just wanna take my ki ds and ru n a wa y.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:26 AM

Ok, so I typed out a big long post and when I hit the send button, the server was too busy...now it's gone :
So...I'll try to remember what all I typed. Um, solids...yeah, I don't like them. They change the poops and then they are not the easy cloth diaper poops I started Emma and Seth both at 6 months on solids. Em really didn't mind them, but she didn't need them either. She loved applesauce and sweet potatoes (all mommy made) but not really rice cereal. Seth was a totally different story. Everything constipated him, and I mean everything! So, we started at 6 months but he didn't really start eating solids until about 8 months. Ironically it was right after he got his first teeth. I didn't know about the saliva enzymes not being able to break down solids until they have teeth. That is so interesting!! With Amelia..we'll wait. I really don't forsee me giving her solids until she is 8 months or so. I'm pretty lazy and would rather just have her nurse and fall asleep so I can : heehee!

Christmas card swap? Eh. I'd rather do an actual gift exchange..but since I wouldn't be able to afford the postage on either, I'll have to pass this year. You all do it though and have fun

Kimya - I still want one of your cd's, do you have any left? Sorry about your burn, that bites! I don't know what to do for it...WAIT! Yes, I do!! Last winter Seth got 2nd degree burns on both of his hands (touched my folks gas fireplace). They told us to put this antibiotic cream on it and keep them wrapped in gauze. So, I'd keep it clean and dry and put some guaze on it. You also want whatever blisters you have to stay as long as possible. They help to protect the burn.

Maria - :guh

Juice - your haiku made me laugh. That is how it was when we had cable...I love not having cable sometimes. But, I also miss the Food Network!

Cori - sounds like you're in a rough spot with your dcp. I am sorry. If I lived there I'd watch your little one in a heartbeat! I am also glad that your mil is ok. That is so scary! Thank heavens for airbags huh?

Sandrine - I am so glad that you all were able to get some help. I know how much even a little means.

Ok...now for my big story. Today we went to church. Church is 3 hours and Seth goes to nursery for the first 2. After the first meeting, I was really having a hard time missing Emma, so I found dh and said that I needed to go home. He took me and Amelia to the car and as we were driving away (we live 2 blocks from our church) I thought that we better get Seth too. I didn't want dh to really have to go back after we got home. So, he went in to get Seth. He went to the nursery room and no one was there, so he went into the room where the kids have singing time. Seth wasn't in there either. So, he looked some more and found him in the chapel up on the stand (luckily there were no sermons going on right then). No one knew he was missing, no one knew where he was!!!! Jeremy got him and brought him out the the car and we went home. He didn't tell me until dinner (about 5 hours later) because I just wasn't ready to hear that yet. I was FURIOUS when I heard this. There are 20 kids in the nursery, but 5 leaders!! You mean to tell me that between 5 leaders, they can't each take care of 4? Then, I found out later tonight that another kiddo took off with Seth!!!! So, they really lost 2 kids! I called and talked to one of the leaders tonight who was SO apologetic. I will now be going down and personally holding my child's hand when he goes to singing time. This is so irksome. Seriously, he could have gotten outside and been hit by a car. My other thought is this...did no one think that it was odd that this little 2 year old was just wandering around the church by himself??? :

That was my day. I hope tomorrow is better.

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:32 AM

Oh my gosh Juice!! i am so sorry!!! Please let us know what the lawyer says. That just doesn't sound right. You're doing everything you can, the bank should understand that. You also asked if it was real, how can they tell you yes, cash it, then come back later saying it was counterfiet??? I am so sorry.
I hope Mattie gets feeling better quickly. That is all you need, to have a sick baby on top of everything else.

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:53 AM

Thanks for the hugs. i'm so scared. i can't stop crying. I can't be away from my girls for more than a few hours. I'm so sorry about what happened at church. Dh and I take turns checking on Emma every 10 minutes or so. People think we're crazy. I've been thinking of you a lot lately with your Emma's b-day coming. I pray for you too. back to you.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:24 AM

JessicaJoy - - no one's going to take your kids away. Just take it one breath at a time and leave it for the moment until you talk to a lawyer. The bank told you it was real. Their problem when it turned out not to be. You'll be OK.

As far as the party was concerned -

peaceful party
mother in law -
too many cakes!

The ILs just drew up and brought in loads and loads and loads of unasked for food, and piled it all on my nice simple table - concept, one big pot of chili, one b'day cake, one other cake, fruit. In it all came - salads, sandwiches, cakes, litres of Coke...(banned in our house) like dd's wedding had come a little early. FIL saying 'what do I do with it? What do I do with it?' MIL having already grabbed baby 'I'm holding the baby!' Me - er - take it all home again??? Nope, wrong answer, er - her nappy needs changing! Grab babe, retain some semblance of control. ILs then steadfastly refuse to eat or drink anything I offer. For them, normal behaviour.
For dd it was a success apart from when dh first brought the cake in with the lights still on, then actually started to cut it, thereby invalidating dd's wish, so she thought. She went screaming off into the bathroom. people following her yelling about causing shame and kids in Africa without b'day cake.
anyway she got over it after me chucking the helpful ones out and a moment of empathy - and everything else went well, party games etc, particularly apple bobbing (well, why not?!)

witt, lovely pics - I was just thinking before you posted I know there are some people here not covered by all this dh and marriage talk!

maria - great news about the car.

general guhs to all - oh and tanya - sounds horrendous - felled by a christmas deccie : kisses to liitle ones head - gotta go
Old 12-04-2006, 06:43 AM
~pi

Jessica, . I don't know if it is the same in the US, but here in Canada, you can work out a payment schedule. They just want the money back, even if it takes a little while and perhaps some lawyering. The letters about criminal proceedings, etc. are, in all likelihood, just to scare you into resuming payments. Creditors don't like it when you stop payment suddenly without telling them why. They don't want to see you kids taken away or jail time or anything like that that would make it harder for them to recoup their money. You will get through this.

I once had a mortgage payment bounce because there was a clerical error with my grad student funding. I wasn't paid for two months, and because it was all set up with direct deposit and withdrawal, I didn't even notice. It sucked to get it all sorted out, but we did.

Kim, and :guh. And that's HORRIBLE about what happened at the church with Seth.

witt, Nice to see you! I hope you are enjoying the summer. Gorgeous pics.

Tanya, sorry about the injury, but about the haiku.

Cori, :guh and : about the daycare.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 12-04-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
DS is about 17lbs and it's starting to get harder to carry him in it. Is this normal?
I think so! I'm sorry to be a broken record, but after about one week of practice getting a baby onto the back is pretty easy and SO much more comfortable. I like the sling for quick in and out and putting him to sleep in public, but around the house, back carries in the mei tai or ergo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Sunday afternoon haiku

Football I hate you
You rob me of my husband
I can't do it all

:
What drives me nuts is that I DO want to watch a little football, just my one main team, but I can't ever get that much time in the afternoon without a bazillion interruptions and people needing their needs met every second. Sheesh.

Juice, do you have a DVR? Football games are an hour shorter when you skip commercials, halftime and a lot of the blah blah between plays. I don't know i fyour dh would go for that.

Quote:
I'd do gift or card. I like the idea of cards because I'm lousy at getting to the post office, but I'll do whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Juice: I haikus. I especially your haiku. I just love the economy of words to express, eloquently and simply, a thought or feeling.

Me too - that series of haiku posts had me rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

Will someone please tell my babe that if she doesn't sleep then I can't sew?

I feel so bad. : Baby was passed out cold, so I laid her on the couch and ran off to get a shower and hopefully sew some more. I didn't take a long shower, but it wasn't rushed either. When I turned the water off, I heard her crying across the house. Dh was outside fiddling with something in his car. She had such big tears and a freaked out look of "I thought you'd never come" when I picked her up. : I wish I'd have laid her in the bed.
Oh Tanya, hugs, I know how awful that feels. A couple weeks ago I forgot to check that the monitor was on, and by the time I realized he was in there crying he was a mess. : : :

If you manage to convince your baby you need to sew, will you send mine an email explaining my need to knit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post

I'm pretty sure lanolin is the way to go - lansinoh or generic (much cheaper, btw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post

ok that is hysterical - my link has come up with something totally bizarre - I'll try again
http://www.dropshots.com/witt
beautiful family, witt

joyofbirth, the money thing will work out. I hate that panicky feeling of having the financial rug pulled out, though. Scary.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:32 AM

hi to everyone-can't stay and chat but wanted to say to witt-cute pics too-i was afraid we scared you away with all the talk last month!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
Old 12-04-2006, 11:51 AM

Hi witt!! Great to see you - beautiful family.

JessicaJoy, I am so sorry you were scammed. That is awful. Take a bunch of deep, deep breaths. Nobody's going to take your kids. It will work out. If it were me, I'd march to the bank with the letter and confront the problem head-on. They're more likely to work with you if they see you're making the effort.

Tanya, how's your girl today?

Kim, and I'd be livid about the church thing. Apologies are nice, but sadly ineffective here.

I would do a card thing. I couldn't do a gift thing. I'd love to, but I already don't know when and how I'm managing gifts for my family.

User Tag List