Hittin' the half year mark with the July Mamas - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1217 Old 12-05-2006, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I made my announcement on YG.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#242 of 1217 Old 12-05-2006, 09:30 PM

We need to move the train a bit more....Choo Choooo, Choo Chooo

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#243 of 1217 Old 12-05-2006, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
: : :
No, I haven't showered three times today.
I am about to lose it over here.
Some days just bite, and keep on biting. Can I go to bed yet?
Juice what's happening? I still haven't caught up on the old posts and not sure I'll get a chance... and and :guh
#244 of 1217 Old 12-05-2006, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
I just trusted that people were telling me the truth and were on my side. It should never have happened.
Oh Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post
With Daniel (1st child) they took him after the emergency c section and said he couldn't come into recovery because there was a prison inmate in there!!! Apparently it was ok for me to be in there with him but not my baby!!! I still feel sad about that and we were only separated for 30mins, so I can't imagine 12 hours.

I also feel sad that I didn't get my homebirths or my waterbirths as I'd planned. A dear friend of mine said to me after my first son, why didn't recreate a sort of water birth and have a lovely bath with my baby and reconnect with him and try and feel some healing. It sounds corny but I did and it did help.
Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
Mostly right now I'm healing, finishing up the birth story, and starting to crank my brain on ways to make sure that this never happens to another woman in that hospital ever again. There are some perks to being both a patient and a researcher -- you can work for change from various avenues.
I am curious! It must be good to get that closure too.

Quote:
I can't do my regular morning post because somebody decided to get up with me at 5:30 and rob me of my quiet time :
Poor Juice. Here's a squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
I feel like a bad, bad momma today. : DD3 fell off the sofa. I put her there so that i can put her blanket on the ground so that she could play. I wasn't even done she fell head first. She's ok but doesn't want to be on the ground, just in my arms. I'm slowly recovering.
You are not a bad mama! Accidents happen, kiddos are squirmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr View Post
Oh yeah, thank you all for the s for me right now. I am sure that I will write some about Emma if you all don't mind. I am pretty hesitant to write about her anywhere other than the grief and loss forum just because I was asked not to on a ddf I was on before. When I was pregnant with Seth (I got pg 1 month after she died, so it was still pretty raw and new), the ladies on the dd forum here asked me not to write about her. They said it was too hard for them to read it. So, I didn't write to them about it at all. i just bottled it up. I've learned since then that I can't bottle it, but I won't write about it unless I know it's ok. :
You all are the best, you know that?
Wow, that is absolutely beyond my understanding. Of COURSE you can and should talk about Emma here, just like you would your other kiddos

Jeez that was a lot of hugs!

So I'm in need of a hug myself actually. We did our WBV today wth the new ped. Rachel fell from 85th% to 50th% in weight. When I took her home I noticed how her chub has sorta disappeared All this refusing to eat at daycare is really catching up to her it seems. The ped was great - very reassuring. He said she's growing beautifully. And she is, I know that. She's 95th for height and 90th for head circ. I know that's great. And I know that DD1 followed a similar pattern of being tall and skinny. And I know that she's rolling and starting to sit on her own, and that DD1 wasn't even doing that much at this age. I just can't help worrying that all this hunger striking at daycare is bad for her : I was hoping my little chubber would continue being chubby and she's just not anymore.

Anyhoo. Nuff complaining - she is healthy and happy and that's what matters...
#245 of 1217 Old 12-05-2006, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
So I'm in need of a hug myself actually. We did our WBV today wth the new ped. Rachel fell from 85th% to 50th% in weight. When I took her home I noticed how her chub has sorta disappeared All this refusing to eat at daycare is really catching up to her it seems. The ped was great - very reassuring. He said she's growing beautifully. And she is, I know that. She's 95th for height and 90th for head circ. I know that's great. And I know that DD1 followed a similar pattern of being tall and skinny. And I know that she's rolling and starting to sit on her own, and that DD1 wasn't even doing that much at this age. I just can't help worrying that all this hunger striking at daycare is bad for her : I was hoping my little chubber would continue being chubby and she's just not anymore.

Anyhoo. Nuff complaining - she is healthy and happy and that's what matters...
Here are a couple for you :guh
#246 of 1217 Old 12-05-2006, 11:31 PM

hugs to you Miss Juice
I've had a shi**y day here
got food poisoning (unusual for vegan food but there you go) and spent the day with diarrhoea, nausea and feeling revolting

I was out with 2 kids and dog (other kid was at school) and my tummy got crampy, mad dash to car, stuffed kids/dog in car, panicked look around but no loo insight and decided to make crazy drive back home................ I'll spare you the details but needless to say if I didn't have the kids with me and the dog, I'm sure I could have made to a toilet in time:

I never want to eat food from a takeaway shop again blurgh....

to top it off Laura has to work late tonight and I have to get all 3 kids fed (well the baby is easy) and into bed all by myself which I REALLY HATE doing....
ah well tomorrow has to be better right?:
#247 of 1217 Old 12-05-2006, 11:39 PM

oh witt, I'm sorry. I had that last year and it took me several days for my body to really recover. Get some rest!
#248 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

A squeeze for Juice!

Witt, I can sooo commiserate what it must be like to get 3 kids to bed. I cannot imagine and soiling your knickers, egads! I had that happen twice last year and it was truly awful.

Quag I am sorry to hear about Rachel's %ile plunge. I know how worrisome that can be, and on top of even having to deal with babe in daycare, you deserve some mega hugs. I think you are right though--she is healthy, happy and fully okay.
#249 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

PancakeAmy I am really curious about your "kitchens". (ddddc)
#250 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:06 AM

that ddddc has been there forEVER!

I can't even remember the context but some thread on mdc about breasts and their real purpose... oh, I think a mama was asking whether she should nurse in front of her older sons, and I said I thought it was not only fine, but important for them to see what breasts really are: kitchens. (My spouse always calls me The Kitchen when we have a baby in the house)
#251 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

That's great! Babe's in the kitchen, eating again!
#252 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post
Kim, I agree with everyone else, talk away. We're here to listen. I, too, would love to hear all about Emma.
:

Quote:
Speaking of biting....count me in on the big group hug we all need today....remember my "burn" that i asked about? Well, today my leg started to hurt a lot and it started getting red, so I went to the walk in clinic and the doctor said it looked more like a hobo spider bite than a burn to her!!! :
She said it is abscessing and infected!!!
So now I have to take cefadroxil for 10 days, but go back in if it still hurts in 3 days. I HATE ABX. AAAARGH!!!! But a quick google search of the hobo spider has made me afraid to not take the ABX. Last thing I need I surgery from a spider bite.
I guess I am most afraid of it getting worse and a doc telling me I need to stop nursing. I don't have insurance so the appt. cost $90 and the the prescription was $60
So sad and scared and uncomfortable.
What's with today?
#253 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:20 AM

First, thanks for all the You all seriously are the best. i promise I'll let you all get to know my Emma. She really was a sweet, sweet baby. I am sure she would have been an amazing little girl.

Quote:
Juice. We've had a pretty rotten day here too. Seth was up every hour last night and I am just exhausted tonight.

Quote:
It is hard when we feel that something is wrong. Doesn't matter if there is something wrong or not, when you feel that way there is nothing that can be done. Big fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
that ddddc has been there forEVER!

I can't even remember the context but some thread on mdc about breasts and their real purpose... oh, I think a mama was asking whether she should nurse in front of her older sons, and I said I thought it was not only fine, but important for them to see what breasts really are: kitchens. (My spouse always calls me The Kitchen when we have a baby in the house)
I love that!!! The Kitchens...my kitchen needs to go open up...I have a feeling that mine is a short order kitchen these days She wants it fast and not for very long. Little snacker

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#254 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:21 AM

thanks all

kjshwkr - I'd love to hear about Emma sometime too

elsanne - i've just been reading your blog and it's very funny - I like the way you write!

ok baby crying, dinner to be made blurghhh, boys to bed then the baby...... I just have had one of those "why can't someone look after me" days.....
Unfortunately today was the one day my partner couldn't take off work - trust me to get sick today:
#255 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:22 AM

Kimya, I hope it heals fast. What's a hobo spider??

#256 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:26 AM
~pi

Quote:
:guh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
Can we get a : on aisle 4?

Quote:
Wow, that is absolutely beyond my understanding. Of COURSE you can and should talk about Emma here, just like you would your other kiddos
:

Quote:
I just can't help worrying that all this hunger striking at daycare is bad for her : I was hoping my little chubber would continue being chubby and she's just not anymore.
Oh, Quag.

Quote:
I've had a shi**y day here
Was that pun intentional? : I hope tomorrow is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
I think a mama was asking whether she should nurse in front of her older sons, and I said I thought it was not only fine, but important for them to see what breasts really are: kitchens. (My spouse always calls me The Kitchen when we have a baby in the house)
When one of my MWs (4 kids, youngest in her teens) came for DS' one week appt, he started rooting around on her, and she jokingly told him, "Sorry, sweetie, that kitchen is closed."

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#257 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:28 AM
~pi

Kimya and witt, to you, too.

#258 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

elsanne - i've just been reading your blog and it's very funny - I like the way you write!
: : : : : :

Yay! This makes my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
What's a hobo spider??
It's a spider that has no home. They like to travel on slow-moving trains, too.: : : :
#259 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
It's a spider that has no home. They like to travel on slow-moving trains, too.: : : :
Do you really think i'm that naive???

It's a good thing i live in a house.

#260 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Sandrine, I am teasing you! Remember that "license to tease Francophones" I have? *muah* (<--sound a kiss makes)
#261 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 01:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Poor Juice. Here's a squeeze
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
A squeeze for Juice!
Freshly squeezed Juice.

Quote:
I'm sure I could have made to a toilet in time:
I've been there once in my life and I never want to go back. Let's just say we made it to dh's work (it was a weekend) and I'm glad the outside camera's were broken at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post
the doctor said it looked more like a hobo spider bite than a burn to her!!! :
She said it is abscessing and infected!!!
I guess I am most afraid of it getting worse and a doc telling me I need to stop nursing.
If they do, nod and come straight back here and have me look up the drug for you. Most likely it's safe, and if they're alternatives than Dr. Hale's book will list them. You can always call back and say that you changed your mind about weaning, even temporarily so will you please prescribe X instead?
Quote:
I just have had one of those "why can't someone look after me" days.....
I've been getting worse with this cold all day and needed some of that myself. I called dh and stressed the importance of not working late today. The baby was NOT napping all day. He was home just a little early. He cooked, he played with the older dc. I finally got the baby to sleep. I fell asleep putting dd1 to bed and woke up 30 minutes ago. My baby slept the entire time I crashed with dd1. I got a huge glass of water, came here and am going back to bed. You know what else he did for me? He filled up the cool mist humidifier in my room and had it running. I my dh. He really came through this time. I just felt the need to share that so that you don't think he's awful when next week I post that I dh

One more thing before I pass out. All this coughing and sneezing has made me wish there was a kegel thread to bump.
#262 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 02:14 AM

Hi, all. Mattie has Roseola. I babysit for my friend's baby on Tuesdays and of course she has no spots till we get home. So I had to call her and tell her. I don't think she's contagious anymore since the fever broke over 24 hours ago.
We have no news on the bank situation. Dh doesn't want me to make calls from home. He's afraid they will track us. So I have to wait till I can get to my mom's. He also doesn't think it's a great idea for me to go into the bank because he thinks they'll call the cops. I don't wanna take chances so I'm gonna go to my mom's and call, hopefully tomorrow. Can you tell my dh has had a few bad experiences with cops? He's so paranoid. But I have to be with him on this and err on the side of caution.

Kim-I love when you share about Emma. When you just talk about how she didn't have teeth or when she did what. I think it's good for you and all of us. Someone told me recently that without sorrow in our lives, we don't know real joy. I hate that phrase. Because of losing my brother recently. I'm pretty sure I knew joy when he was here. But I guess if you really think about it, there may be some truth to it. Or maybe it's just something people say when you hurt so much you can't see straight and they wanna help. I don't know why I shared all that, except that I want you to not feel like you have to hold back with us. I'm sorry your other online "friends" were so selfish.

I was thinking about what someone said about people who schedule elective c-section. I don't remember the comment. I was just thinking about how we all think bad things, but sometimes it's not a bad thing. My sister scheduled her 2nd c-section. I didn't know as much then as I do now about birth to help her through her first birth. I'm pretty sure she was emotionally traumatized by her c-section and thought she shouldn't be. She never talked to anyone or dealt with the emotions. I think when it came time for her 2nd baby, she couldn't even think of going through labor and then ending up with a section anyway. It makes me sad for her. Her doctor asked her and was very encouraging about having a VBAC, but she just said she wanted the extra time off work or something shallow like that. But I know she just really had a hard time with everything the first time. Anyway, just wanted to add my 2 cents. I'm exhausted so I'll have to come back and answer questions later.
I gotta go get my spotted baby in her too-small bed.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#263 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 03:43 AM

I wanted to give a caterpillar(my dd's way of saying big, fat) thank you to Cori/soapdiva for the great thing she has done for my family. She has given us a great holiday gift. And the letter you wrote and put in with it just melted my heart. Thank you for helping my family and remembering my brother. It's a hard time without him. I think now we might be able to get Emma her Diego Rescue Center she wants so bad. She sees the commercial and says I want that. I ask her at other commericals and random times, do you want the DOra magic castle, she says, no I don't to. I ask do you want the Dora talking House, she says No I don't want to. I just want Diego rescue center. I ask do you want anything else. She says no I want diego rescue center. Although yesterday at Walmart she saw Dora knows your name doll and said I like that, I want to take it home. We just tell her they live at the store. Then she went back to the diego rescue center. My niece is 4 and wants every toy she sees. I'm so glad that my dd doesn't do that. And that I really know what she will like. And nonw I maybe can actually get it. And my dh is stressing so much less. You are awesome.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#264 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 03:45 AM

And I also wanted to thank Pav for the great diapers I received. I have an e-mail for you. I can't send it tonight. I am trying to find a MIN home for a few GUI I have. Oh, I hope I can swing the shipping. I love you guys. I feel so close to all these women I don't really know. It's so great to have such awesome friends. Let's all move somewhere and live in a community together and be the village it takes to raise our children. Anybody? s

#265 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 05:46 AM
~pi

I posted DS' birth story. Very, very, very long. (Mental note, don't take 5 months to write something. It is apt to grow to be unweildingly long.)

#266 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 10:01 AM

I feel so crappy and freaked out that I can't sleep.

If anyone wants to see my bite there is a picture here...

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...panda005-1.jpg

Thanks for the hugs and support.

#267 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 10:23 AM

oh kimya, that looks painful. I hope the meds work quickly.

So, today I'm stewing over last night's episode of Boston Legal, which featured a homeschooling family as white supremacist bigots. A few episodes, they had hsers who were incestuous murderers! It's getting old. I posted on their boards, if you wanna go agree with me.

http://o.forums.go.com/abc/primetime...readID=1435767
#268 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post

I feel so crappy and freaked out that I can't sleep.

If anyone wants to see my bite there is a picture here...

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...panda005-1.jpg

Thanks for the hugs and support.

OMG that looks ugly!! Kimya ~ please GO RIGHT now and buy homeopathic remedy called Ledum 30C and take it every half-hour (5 pellets under your tongue) up to six times. It will antidote the spider poison (if it is a spider bite) unless it was Brown Recluse Spider or Black Widow.
Antibiotics will help with the infection but will NOT intidote the posion which can cause you problems for a VERY long time.
It only costs about $8.
#269 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 10:57 AM

There is nothing open in Olympia yet. I will go to the co-op as soon as they open and get some. Thanks for the advice. I hope they have it.
#270 of 1217 Old 12-06-2006, 10:59 AM

OK ~ here is more remedies for bites and stings that you add to the Ledum 30C:
If there is bruising, swelling or pain around the bite take APIS 30C
Rapid swelling with bleeding beneath the skin, discolored, possibly purplish red sin color: LAchesis 6C
Anaphylactic shocks from bite or stings: Apis 30C or higest potency available (obviously this is not your case but I thought this is good remedy to have at home in case your DC develops something like that after being bitten) If you are allergic to any kind of stings, you should always carry the hightest potency possible such as Apis 1M or 10M. This WILL save a life no matter what the reason for the allergy reaction, it does not have to be from a bee sting. It can be fromm food or drugs, too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page