Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2006, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Stay indoors and build a nice fire.... Or turn the heater up

Ummm...it is like 70 degrees and muggy....great Pennsylvania winter going on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 09:34 PM

Well, William had his first taste of solids tonight. I gave him about a tablespoons of pears mixed with some rice cereal...he loved every last drop. I just wanted to see what he would do with them...I have to go to a wedding next Sunday and I would rather him have some fruit than formula (I haven't been pumping at all this time and would never get enough).

Funny, no toungue thrust, no spitting. He actually was grabbing trying to get it to his mouth faster...

Maybe I will give him a little a couple times a week....
Old 12-01-2006, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248 View Post
Is anyone sort of hoping to get their period so they can stop obbsessing about accidently getting pregnant again???
Yes!

Quote:
And how do you do the slide show thingy? I want to try that....
Photobucket is super easy. Just create an account, upload photos from your hard drive, andclick them into the slide show feature. I think it's just www.photobucket.com

re: winter -I'm so bummed out it's December and we haven't had snow here yet - we usually have snow before Halloween, for crying out loud. Stupid global warming... :

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Old 12-01-2006, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
Did you guys see that you can have this as a sticker. I want one for my car.
Me too!

So, sleep wasn't great last night, but after we went to bed at 3, it was better than it has been. And we took a big nap this afternoon. Yay! I just keep telling myself this is a phase... And it does help that at least she's not cranky. She's all smiles, she's just not sleeping.

I have 5 months of photos collected, but not in a slideshow. I'll get to that someday after she starts sleeping again.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
Old 12-01-2006, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post

re: winter -I'm so bummed out it's December and we haven't had snow here yet - we usually have snow before Halloween, for crying out loud. Stupid global warming... :

I can't believe its been so warm everywhere and that no one wants to believe that global warming exists :
Old 12-01-2006, 10:36 PM

I just got the sweetest compliment from mamaintheforest (she runs Greenlee's Forest...makes jewelry).

"By the way sehbub ~ I think you have the coolest business! I took a look at your site & thought it was wonderful. What a neat home business!"

It's so nice that people think that! And thanks to all of you who keep saying suck nice things. I'm just trying to help my family...it's nice to know I'm doing something people seem to enjoy, since I enjoy it too.

And................segue

Samantha just discovered our dog. We have an almost 2 year old rotty/husky/german shepherd mix. She's not nearly as big as she sounds, only about 45 pounds, and Sam has completely ignored her up until this point. This evening though, Sam and I were playing on our bed, and Kahlua (our dog) came up to see us, and as Sam squealed, K got more and more excited, so I finally called her up on the bed and she immediately lay down directly in front of Sam and rolled her belly up. Sam was putting her feet on her, and leaning over to play with her fur. It was TOO cute. Naturally I didn't have the camera with me.

Oh, and she just successfully ate some peaches, and loved 'em. The rice cereal was NOT a hit. Hated it, in fact. Not that I can blame her.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 12-02-2006, 12:28 AM

Oh, Sebastian discovered the cat today, too. They've been outdoor cats for a while (we have three), but it was stormy out today so I let the eldest cat in and he walked right in front of Sebastian. I've never seen my boyo move so fast! He reached out lightning quick and grabbed on. Thank the gods it was the one cat smart enough to distinguish between curious baby grabs and crazy toddler grabs. Gizmo let him explore -- painfully, I'm sure -- for a few minutes, gave him a lick, and scooted back outside as soon as his fur was free.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:11 AM

Ruby discovered the cat a few days ago. It was so funny! she pet him and looked at me like "holy cow mama! that guy is hairy!"

In breast news... I think I now have mastitis. I think i'm going to have every breast issue known to woman. thrush, plugged duct, bleb and now this. Off to take a hot bath and some vit c.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
Ruby discovered the cat a few days ago. It was so funny! she pet him and looked at me like "holy cow mama! that guy is hairy!"

In breast news... I think I now have mastitis. I think i'm going to have every breast issue known to woman. thrush, plugged duct, bleb and now this. Off to take a hot bath and some vit c.

Oh no. That is so not fun. I had it three times with my now 2 year old, it sucked. Take motrin, this is one thing you really need some medication for. I ended up on antibiotics with it each time, and I NEVER take that stuff!

Feel better...
Old 12-02-2006, 02:03 AM

I really like the whole thing about putting a slide show together about our babes...but Alex won't be six months until after Christmas, he just turned 5 months on Tuesday. Can I go ahead and do one and then add a picture in a month when he is six months?? Or would you rather I wait?

Alex is definetly sick now, fever, cough, runny nose, the whole nine yards...and to top it all off, dh ran out of gas this morning : and had to wait for an hour for me to come get him because I was already at work...oh I forgot to mention that it was like 29 this morning. Needless to say I was not happy at all.

But in other news, Alex is sitting up on his own, crawling upside down, and rolling across the living room floor.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ummm...it is like 70 degrees and muggy....great Pennsylvania winter going on!
whoever heard of hot muggy storms... silly pennsylvania.....

oh, wait, i live in ca where the weather never makes sense...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I can't believe its been so warm everywhere and that no one wants to believe that global warming exists :
always jumping to conclusions... just because we were in shorts until um, 2 weeks ago... and just because we just broke out the actual coats rather than sweaters this week, does not mean there is global warming!:

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
hey! i think you are using this to soak for an hour in the tub by yourself! j/k... hope you feel better korin......

Old 12-02-2006, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlynn83 View Post
I really like the whole thing about putting a slide show together about our babes...but Alex won't be six months until after Christmas, he just turned 5 months on Tuesday. Can I go ahead and do one and then add a picture in a month when he is six months?? Or would you rather I wait?

i think most of them are designed that you can add in pics ( i put together the first 4 months (haven't finished loading nov pics on the computer : ) and am going to add in the others over the next week.

but of course it is entirely up to you... you can do it now and then just send a link to update later or include a xmas pic... whichever you like.

hope alex feels better soon...

Old 12-02-2006, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
hey! i think you are using this to soak for an hour in the tub by yourself! j/k... hope you feel better korin......
ah but i wasn't alone. ru and ry joine me later.
i feel like : off to get some ibuprofen.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:29 AM

Katie loves our dog. Refuses to look at anyone/thing else when the dog is in the room. It's hilarious.

We've had a seriously abnormal cold front the last 2 weeks, just starting to creep back into "normal" ranges. But every other weather system of the last 4+ years hugely points to a warming trend...

Katie's sleeping. I'm crossing my fingers that she stays that way longer than 1/2 an hour.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
Old 12-02-2006, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
ah but i wasn't alone. ru and ry joine me later.
i feel like : off to get some ibuprofen.
get as much rest as you can.... (i know, kind of hard to do with an infant but still...)

Old 12-02-2006, 10:50 AM

Last week we had very warm weather for here. It was almost 70 degrees over thanksgiving weekend. And of course now its going to be 15 degrees on Monday. That happens here. We joke you sometimes need the heater on and the air on in the same day.

Maggie is skooting across the ground and trying to stand on her own : As we say- Its the end of the world as we know it!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 12-02-2006, 11:32 AM

It was stinkin' hot yesterday! Today I can hear the wind howling outside. So weird. My friend gave me a fleece pouch to try, and Harper and I got too ho on our walk. I think it's a little too small anyway. I have no clue on proper pouch sizing, but it was hard to get her in and out.

Oh, and a funny...Medicmama and I were walking to her car, both with babies in slings, and this old couple passed us and said "Looks like you've got your hands full there!" And I sort of blinked and said "Actually, we're hands free!" We couldn't figure that one out.

KORIN - YOUR POOR BOOBS. Feel better fast. They need to be in shape in time for your holiday card photoshoot!

We're on about a week of CatWatch. It's so cute. She also stares at a picture of an orange cat (our cat is black and furry) and seems confused.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:45 AM

It was 75 here yesterday, and is about 40 today. : The cold front hit like gang busters. The wind was WHIPPING around the house last night. Very loud.

Samantha is in such a good mood in the morning! I love it SO glad that my kids are morning people, 'cause I most definitely am not.

Korin, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope your boobs get better soon!!

Today we're heading up to my dad's 50th birthday party. Hopefully dad'll be able to look past all the stuff going on with my sister in order to have a good time. And I have to make a pie for it. I've never made a lemon meringue pie before. Wish me luck!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 12-02-2006, 12:16 PM

I have created my slide show...but my camera died, so I will add a new picture of five months sometime today.

http://3208541440.slide.com/p/5/5+Mi...?referrer=emcd
Old 12-02-2006, 12:23 PM

What a cutie pie!

Old 12-02-2006, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
The rice cereal was NOT a hit. Hated it, in fact. Not that I can blame her.

Who wouldn't!! It looks, smells and probably tastes like wallpaper paste Not that I've eaten wallpaper paste
Old 12-02-2006, 01:45 PM

Quote:

OOH Korin, I hope you feel better soon. I've never had it, but I've heard it hurts like a b*#tch and puts ya outta commission.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:55 PM

haven't made my slide show yet, but I wanted to show off a few cute pics

Too Cute

I'll Be Back

I LOVE food

Peek a Boo

Rockin the Hair Do
Old 12-02-2006, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post

Today we're heading up to my dad's 50th birthday party. Hopefully dad'll be able to look past all the stuff going on with my sister in order to have a good time. And I have to make a pie for it. I've never made a lemon meringue pie before. Wish me luck!
Good Luck Sarah! Happy Birthday to your dad!

Old 12-02-2006, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlynn83 View Post
I have created my slide show...but my camera died, so I will add a new picture of five months sometime today.

http://3208541440.slide.com/p/5/5+Mi...?referrer=emcd

love the pic in the baseball outfit. soooo cute! do you want me to add it now or wait for you to add the last pic?

Old 12-02-2006, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Who wouldn't!! It looks, smells and probably tastes like wallpaper paste Not that I've eaten wallpaper paste
jonah loves his... but i think it's because it's just breastmilk with some texture...

christian is playing in his kitchen right now. he made me a "crabby patty" (man, who started this kid on sponge bob cause it sure wasn't me...) and grapes. now i just drank some hot drink warmed in the "microwave"... i love watching my kids play.... and i just love how he says "good morning mommy" and "i love you mommy" jeeze! my heart does a little happy dance. he is getting soo big.

in other news. trying to get my homework done. one more week and then finals! last night i went on to try and finish posting (taking on-line course) and the professor jumped the gun and forgot he had extended the deadline b/c of the thanksgiving holiday. : good thing i had already submitted the homework part or i would have been even more : but he retracted and apologized this morning so that is good.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
OOH Korin, I hope you feel better soon. I've never had it, but I've heard it hurts like a b*#tch and puts ya outta commission.
i've been lucky so far myself thankfully. i know dh's mom got it (or maybe it was the plugged duct. can't totally remember...) and stopped nursing him b/c of it when he was only a couple months old... but hey, my mom didn't nurse with me at all so he got more than i did.... :

the only boob problems i have encountered have been the engorgement, excessive leaking, and of course in the beginning when it just felt RAW/cracked/please give me another 5 minutes before you need to nurse again so that i can recover. and then of course, the biting with ds1....

hoping korin gets lots of rest this weekend so she can feel better soon...

Old 12-02-2006, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
love how you covered those private parts... hee. cute pics!

okay, so i saw a friends website last night and he had his second boy a couple weeks ago. and i know they are circing (jewish) and it made me cry. *sigh* circ sucks.

User Tag List