Mothering Forum banner

June 2006 Mamas chattin' away December 2006!

46K views 2K replies 33 participants last post by  mommy2girlies 
#1 ·
All right guys are last thread made senior member... Let's see if we can do it again... Heather, did we decide how we are going to do the pics thing????

Amys1st (Amy) Margaret Patricia born 2/15/06
sehbub (Sarah) Samantha Grace born 4/20/06
Marlow's mom Marlow Wren born 5/3/06
StacyL (Stacy) Gabriel Paul born 5/31/06
katiejon1 (Katie) Evelyn Elizabeth born 6/3/06
Paddington (Angelique) Jonah born 6/8/06
mcimom (LeighAnne) Michael Gabriel born 6/10/06
Mearaina (Lisa) Lynea Grace born 6/14/06
BelgianSheepDog Aurora born 6/14/06
ladybugamber (Amber) Zachary Hogan Gilbert ( 6-15-2006)
mommitola (Helen) Harper Reese born 6/16/06
AugustineM (Ashley) Anna Augustine born 6/18/06
Caroline248 (Caroline) William born 6/19/06
earthmama369 (Sarah) Sebastion born 6/19/06
mamamilkbar (Heidi) Hannah Jolie born 6/19/06
chiromama (Korin) Ruby Violet born 6/20/06
papayapetunia (Candice) Talula Violet born 6/22/06
rikiamber (Riki) Bastion Alexander born 6/22/06
grace's voice (Holly) Behn born 6/23/06
AlbertaJes (Jes) Katie born 6/23/06
Selesai (Jessica) Phillip Jackson born 6/24/06
Butterfly_mom (Liz)-Erin Bracha born 6/24/06
BundleFishMama Andrew Joseph born 6/25/06
sarahlynn83 (Sarah) John Alexander born 6/28/06
The4OfUs (Heather) - Kaitlyn Xenia born 06/28/06
Simplicity (Lisa)- Kaya 6/28/06
Megs BK (Megan) -Geneva Maureen born 6/30/06
Medicmom (Nicole) - Olivia born 6/30/06
mommy2girlies (Kelly) Jefferson Carter born 7/2/06
animus silvae - DS born 7/2/06

See less See more
#3 ·
oops, I was supposed to do that, huh?
: I kinda forgot today was Dec. 1...

Um, I was thinking people can either send in links to 6 (or more, for our early babes) pics, one for each month, or if you can create an album in whatever photo hosting site you're using and provide a single link to that, that would be cool too - or blogging mamas, you could just make a single blog entry with the pics and send a link to a specific entry, right?

I just checked our Photobucket, and you can make a slide show and link it, so that's what I'm going to do....though young Kaitlyn won't be 6 months until after Christmas...I was thinking it would be neat to wait to post your pics/links until after your babe has turned 6 months, so that it could be inclusive and show a chronology...then every month we could just add a new pic and update the links. So I guess it would need to be continually update through the end of the month and then we'd just ahve to look back a month for the younger babes....maybe link back in the first post to the old thread so we could access the younger babes pics more easily?

I'm thinking we should also maybe do like Ange did and start each month with a list of us? We could post the picture links there next to names then, maybe? Keep it all on the first post so we don't have to hunt around. Ange, you would be able to do that, right, it's just quoting or copying/pasting from the person's post into your original post, right?

If anyone has any better ideas, by all means let them rip - I'm just thinking out loud here - I'll be looking forward to seeing all the babes as they turn 6 months (and older!)

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by StacyL View Post
subbing..thank you for starting the new MONTHLY thread - phew!

it gets bulky but it was fun seeing how much we chatted in a month...

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post

Um, I was thinking people can either send in links to 6 (or more, for our early babes) pics, one for each month, or if you can create an album in whatever photo hosting site you're using and provide a single link to that, that would be cool too - or blogging mamas, you could just make a single blog entry with the pics and send a link to a specific entry, right?

I just checked our Photobucket, and you can make a slide show and link it, so that's what I'm going to do....though young Kaitlyn won't be 6 months until after Christmas...I was thinking it would be neat to wait to post your pics/links until after your babe has turned 6 months, so that it could be inclusive and show a chronology...then every month we could just add a new pic and update the links. So I guess it would need to be continually update through the end of the month and then we'd just ahve to look back a month for the younger babes....maybe link back in the first post to the old thread so we could access the younger babes pics more easily?

I'm thinking we should also maybe do like Ange did and start each month with a list of us? We could post the picture links there next to names then, maybe? Keep it all on the first post so we don't have to hunt around. Ange, you would be able to do that, right, it's just quoting or copying/pasting from the person's post into your original post, right?

If anyone has any better ideas, by all means let them rip - I'm just thinking out loud here - I'll be looking forward to seeing all the babes as they turn 6 months (and older!)
I can link it to the child's name i do believe... like doing the link with text over it? do you think that will work? jonah is 6 months in just one week! so i'll have my pics ready next weekend.
: and i'll be doing the slideshow cause they are fun

#8 ·
The slideshow I think is definitely the best way to go, and I really like the idea of linking the text to the names in the DDC list, Ange.

You're SO close to 1000...totally gonna get there today!

#9 ·
wow senior member! umm and I was feeling that I didnt post enough to this thread. I try as much as I can but you know if you miss a day your outta the loop...
Are you keeping this one going or are we starting a new one....I cant believe that our babies are going to be 1/2 a year old *sniff*. And Sarah is almost dont with her pregnancy and she will have to devide her time between two due date clubs...love to ya sarah!

And dagnabit AF showed up bright and early on Thursday....ack that sucks, no sitting babe yet but he sure is trying to crawl and I am working on a new blog on blogspot so that I can showcase my pics. I have got to watch it though so many of them are nakked pics B is nakked so much that chances are if you visit the house at any given hour he will be nakked...saves on diper laundry.

Plenty of first date pics though. :evil anyhow I will still be watching this thread gotta go nurse the boy and get to work on laundry.

#10 ·
Only 9 more post!! I so can do that today, right?

Riki, so sorry about AF. I'm starting to get the pre-AF starvation (I can eat anything in sight...) but still no other signs... Might be around the corner... Might just be the time it is supposed to be here and might not show...

Sarah~ saw that we both posted... yeah, I tried to get something deleted (when I posted under the wrong user name...) and was told they don't delete unless it is a violation of the ua... so it will most likely just have to go the way of the others that aren't posted to and fall off the main page never to be seen again...

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
The slideshow I think is definitely the best way to go, and I really like the idea of linking the text to the names in the DDC list, Ange.

Ooh yeah, I like that idea too!

Go Ange go!!!!!!!! You can do 1000!!!!!!!!

#14 ·
Hehe, you will so get to 1000 today!

I guess I should post the holiday card reminder here too. OK, holiday card reminder! PM me an address if you want in on the exchange. Will send the list out Monday morning.

Sleep...better...but... UP AT 6:30! not fair.

We got to see Medicmama and Olivia this morning, but baby class was cancelled, oh well! Harper and Olivia blinked at each other. Very cute. I can't wait til they can crawl around and knock each other over.

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rikiamber View Post
I try as much as I can but you know if you miss a day your outta the loop...
Are you keeping this one going or are we starting a new one.....
I think that even though it's monstrous, it's cool to have it all in one thread for a month...my opinion has changed and I now support the one-a-month monster thread!

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommitola View Post

Sleep...better...but... UP AT 6:30! not fair.

We got to see Medicmama and Olivia this morning, but baby class was cancelled, oh well! Harper and Olivia blinked at each other. Very cute. I can't wait til they can crawl around and knock each other over.
man i wanna visit with babies! anyone make it to ca let me know....

um, my kids don't sleep in either. it is very sad
ds1 you can keep him up to midnight and the latest he will sleep is MAYBE 8 am.... i think somehow we got him to sleep til 9 ONCE in 3 years....

#18 ·
Quote:

That sounds great and gives me time to get it together
J.C won't be 6 mos till Jan. 2nd, but I can add some cute christmas pics. Korin, love the christmas pics of Ruby in your blog!!! Too cute!

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sehbub View Post

Man Ange! We were at the same # 2 days ago and now you've got me beat by almost 12 posts!!! I totally plan on making it to 1000 today!!!

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommitola View Post

I guess I should post the holiday card reminder here too. OK, holiday card reminder! PM me an address if you want in on the exchange. Will send the list out Monday morning.

Thanks for the reminder! I had totally forgotten. Sending you pm'd address right now

#23 ·
Quote:

I think that even though it's monstrous, it's cool to have it all in one thread for a month...my opinion has changed and I now support the one-a-month monster thread!

Me too. I like looking at it and seeing like 600 posts in a few weeks
And its not like we'd fall off the front page EVER!

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
man i wanna visit with babies! anyone make it to ca let me know....

um, my kids don't sleep in either. it is very sad
ds1 you can keep him up to midnight and the latest he will sleep is MAYBE 8 am.... i think somehow we got him to sleep til 9 ONCE in 3 years....
Ours too. I know some friends that kids stay up late and then they'll get up like at 11am, but not mine!! If they go to sleep at 8pm they'll wake up between 6am and 7am. And if they stay up till midnight, they still get up that early
:

#25 ·
Wow. Photo albums and holiday cards. I like those ideas (and clearly missed some of the last thread!)

Thanks for the recap!

Sebastian kind of sat up today and kind of scooted, so it was a pretty exciting afternoon. And now he's soooooo tired. Getting that little butt 1/2 inch into the air was exhausting!

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post

Sebastian kind of sat up today and kind of scooted, so it was a pretty exciting afternoon. And now he's soooooo tired. Getting that little butt 1/2 inch into the air was exhausting!

too cute! Before you know it he'll be racing around the house, yikes, they grow too quickly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.