When do you lower crib mattress? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2006, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I remember reading that when the baby can crawl you are supposed to lower it. Is that true? He just now can pull up and is enjoying the new view from his crib...do I need to lower it now?

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2006, 08:11 PM

Yes. As soon as they can sit up by themselves...they start pulling up. My DS greets me pulled up, and could easily have gotten himself over the edge if i hadn't lowered the crib.

Lower the crib as soon as they can sit up unassisted. that's the safest bet. But it sounds like you should now.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

o.k. I'll do it tomorrow...thanks

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
Old 12-14-2006, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
[QUOTE=mkmama;6754987]Yes. As soon as they can sit up by themselves...they start pulling up. QUOTE]

I don't necessarily think that is true as my son can sit unassisted for a couple of months now but still doesn't pull up yet. So we still haven't lowered his crib. But we will when he can start pulling up.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:54 AM

My DS also sat unassisted for a couple months before I lowered the mattress... but during that time we mostly coslept, and I probably would have lowered it sooner but was too lazy
I lowered it a couple weeks ago, when DS started crawling one night and pulling himself up the next... you'll know when it's time, I had horrible visions of finding DS on the floor w/ a broken neck b/c he had climbed out of the crib... so I knew it was time.
I think w/ my next child I'll just start the crib at the lower level... the side rail goes down anyway, so what is the point of having the higher level, other than making it easier for parents to reach baby? I think w/ the side rail down it would still be just as easy to reach baby, and then you never have to worry about lowering it

User Tag List