June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!! - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Yeah, what kind of diaper is he wearing? That's really cute. I like the color.
A Fuzzi Bunz.
#542 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 02:01 PM

I should try FBs. I get so stuck on one brand that I don't try anything else.
#543 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
A Fuzzi Bunz.
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
I should try FBs. I get so stuck on one brand that I don't try anything else.
Me too. I'm theoretically getting a bunch to try out sometime soon. Hopefully they work well.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#544 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 02:17 PM

We're stuck in Bumkins AIO world. I have 30 of them so it would be hard to switch.
#545 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
We're stuck in Bumkins AIO world. I have 30 of them so it would be hard to switch.
Not really. You could sell a little at a time, yk? Making a gradual switch. FB are my new favorite diaper. The fleece is easy for getting rid of poopy marks. They seem to wash away within a few (if not one!) washing. I just need to get more inserts soon, for nighttimes.
#546 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
Well, y'all, I gave it several days to test the waters and... I think I'm going to bow out of our group. "The tribe has spoken," so to speak, so I can respectfully acknowledge that and remove my torch. I just don't feel comfortable here now, and I'm too busy to keep up with this 4-page-a-day action.

So... cheers! My e-mail is hooked to my user ID, so feel free to pop me a line every now and then.
boo hiss sister. nobody has to leave. (though i agree the 4page/day thing is a bit much - i need to make use of multiquote, i keep thinking of what i'll respond to and then 4 pages later i've forgotten everything!)

BIG HUGS ON THIS MONDAY KATIE!!

I understand how you feel and I'm sorry. It stinks (though I got today off...but now I gotta work Friday).

Helen - definitely get the thyroid tested...I was diagnosed hypo shortly after dd1 was born. (and I didn't feel nagged on, I'm glad for your concern I think w/the supplements I'm a-ok though!)

Elijah is super cute in his new pic and Lindsay, i like your new avatar (it is new, isn't it? i'm so slooooooooooow)

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#547 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:12 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE you guys!
#548 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:

i feel like we totally hijacked this thread! :

Thats because y'all are the only ones crazy enough to be on before dawn!
#549 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
the morning posts are my only at-home baby free time!
#550 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
I was taking a cal/mag supplement. For whatever reason, my body doesn't absorb as well from a supplement, or I'm possibly negating it somehow with eating the wrong food combo too close to when I take it, or maybe the demands of nursing are pretty substantial? Hence why I brought it up...I thought I'd be fine, but I wasn't. I'm seeing definite effects that I shouldn't be seeing. I do eat nuts and greens whenever I can. When I realized other people on this thread were also eliminating dairy and fasting, I thought it wouldn't hurt to share my experience. Not trying to be a nag, so sorry to everyone who thought that.

It means, er, poopy.

I was taking a cal/mag supp, "super green" from Garden of Life, extra b vits, fish oil, and probiotics on a daily basis. Sometimes I take extra c and echinacea/astralagus/GSE. Theoretically, the super green has the same stuff as a multi in it. So I just added the Rainbow Light 1 a day for women. I don't even like taking supplements and prefer to get stuff from food, but I just feel whupped all the time, my skin is crappy, and my nails are showing signs of deficiency. Ewwww. I'd say we eat really well now, but I don't always get the chance to have meals when I'm alone during the day (much better than it was, though). I'm almost wondering if my thyroid is getting wonky.
Poopy, um... I'll have to use that one and no one will know what Im talking about! Ha! except of course for people who speak yiddish

Im feeling whooped too and my skin seems to be a little more broken out than normal. And my nails aren't as healthy as they've been in the past. I never really attributed it to nursing, Im glad you mentioned this, cuz I probably would have blown it off and that would do me no favors. Im gonna take some b vit's, taking GSE now, I try to take a probiotic everyday, but sometimes forget.

And I hear ya on getting to eat during the day....I really have to remind myself to drink my water and make sure that I atleast eat something and if I can manage it, make it something healthy and not a handful of trail mix or something. Its not so much that I don't have the time to eat (have to find the time) but everything I can eat (since cutting out dairy) has to be made, rather than premade, out of a box, etc. I should premake some celery w/ peanut butter and raisins and put them in the fridge.

What other "on the go" healthy, non-dairy snacks do y'all eat?

Lisa, thanks for the veg link. I already had that one in my fav's but hadn't had a chance to peruse it yet
#551 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
No. My brother just got it for me for Christmas. It called "Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine" by Gabriel Cousens, M.D. (and the Tree of Life Cafe' Chefs) It just so happens to be exactly what I needed to read on my quest for a better diet/lifestyle for this new year.

Elijah fell off the bed this morning. Onto a hardwood floor. I feel so bad. But he seems to be all better now and acting like his normal happy self.
oohh hugs mama! Thats happened with both the girls when they were little too. Man that sucks!

Sounds like a great book. Details, when you get a chance?
#552 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
I think if you take calcium w/ iron, they affect each other's absorption.
Also, isn't it true some women have thyroid problems after pregnancy? Maybe you should get it checked just in case.

P fell off of the bed on Saturday. : He sure moves fast! He pulled the phone down on top of him too. He did that delay cry, and we cried together. I felt like such a crappy mother! I can still see his baby body hitting the carpet in my head...

When I went in the hospital in Aug after my bleeding ulcer, dehydration, tachycardia, dizziness, etc..they checked my thyroid too. They said that it can get all wonky after pregnancy too.

Hugs mama, its a hard think to get out of you head
#553 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
\

I'm reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's great. I *heart* it. Last night I wandered into the living room and said to DH: Is your left testicle lower than your right? This book says that's common. He thought that was hilarious.
#554 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:52 PM

Look at my DDDDC!
#555 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Oh my gosh, that is SO sweet of you!! I would LOVE that!! If you can find the time I would very much appreciate having my musical horizons expanded! I like pretty much anything, really. I generally just listen to the "regular" mainstream music (like top 40/alternative) station here in Philly because I'm too lazy to branch out and find anything else. So my taste is not very unusual - but I love stuff like Sarah McLachlan, Goo Goo Dolls, Five for Fighting, ColdPlay, etc. I love that song "Unwritten" that they play a lot around here, not sure who sings it but it's very inspiring! I love Dave Matthews Band even though they're old and uncool now but they were huge when I was in college so lots of good memories when I hear their stuff! Other than that pretty common stuff, we listen to kiddie music for the girls (Wiggles, Disney, etc.) and I listen to some international music (Spanish stuff - I speak Spanish and one of my best friends lives in Spain so she sends me music) and African stuff (I lived/worked in Africa in my pre-mama days so I love that, reminds me of good times!)

I'd call international music not so "regular mainstream music" Sounds pretty awesome!! And who said Dave Matthews is uncool now? I happen to still love them!
#556 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
hmmm... who am I sending photos too? Kerri, Korin, & Ange...I'm missing one.

Hey I'd like one too I only got the bathtub one.

Off topic, why is yours and Lisa's names hot pink? I know Amy's is because she's a GA..just wondering....I wanna pink name too :
#557 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
My SIL just e-mailed me and asked for addresses 'cause she's throwing me a baby shower in a few weeks. My first reaction when she asked was to post for all of you to send me your addresses so that I could get invites sent out to you.

I've gotten so used to y'all being "here" that I forget sometimes that we're spread all over the country (and beyond ).

Awe, thanks : How far is MD from Ms....we can probably make it
#558 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Hey I'd like one too I only got the bathtub one.

Off topic, why is yours and Lisa's names hot pink? I know Amy's is because she's a GA..just wondering....I wanna pink name too :
We paid for a membership to MDC on the top left of the page. Nothing really special. But I do feel special.
#559 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Um....I dip absolutely anything and everything in coffee I looooove I could never have enough!

And can I just say, I want to hug and kiss the person who invented the Starbucks Drive-Thru!!! They just opened one near us a couple of weeks ago and it is the best thing ever!! Now I can get my coffee when I'm in a hurry (which is um, always! My New Year's Resolution of being on time hasn't quite materialized yet!) without having to unbuckle and re-buckle 3 kids in and out of their carseats and lug everyone in and then try to balance everybody plus the hot coffee on the way out! Every mom of multiple children I know within a 20-mile radius of the drive-thru is so psyched about this!
Um, me too Me too!!! They opened one up just up the street from us too and my dh was like uh oh....he knows that 1) I LOVE coffee!! and 2) Im ALWAYS running late...
#560 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
nothing more to say really - just wanted to get to 600 posts! It's going to take me forever to make it to 1,000!

OK gotta go get out of here, I am getting nothing done today! Have a great day everyone!
Ya gotta stop using that multi quote till you're comfortable with your post count!
#561 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
well he doesn't sell water. it's an ionized mineral solution that you add to your regular drinking water. he does sell water purification systems but you don't *need* one to use and still benefit from the minerals. it just makes your water look better since you don't have a bunch of crap floating in the bottom of your glass because one thing these minerals do is makes all the nasty stuff that you couldn't see in your water before, visible and also renders them harmless so that the water (any water...the worst water in the world) in now drinkable. and minerals are essential for optimal health. the solution has over 22.

i'll stop there. too much for even me to try and explain, it makes me : sometimes!
Wow, thats totally interesting and very very much needed in many parts of the country, well the world really! What a great company!
#562 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
Well, y'all, I gave it several days to test the waters and... I think I'm going to bow out of our group. "The tribe has spoken," so to speak, so I can respectfully acknowledge that and remove my torch. I just don't feel comfortable here now, and I'm too busy to keep up with this 4-page-a-day action.

So... cheers! My e-mail is hooked to my user ID, so feel free to pop me a line every now and then.
We love you, Megan. I for one don't want to snuff out anyone's torch...we've created such a varied, dynamic group here, and I think that's one of our strengths.

Quote:
Awe, thanks : How far is MD from Ms....we can probably make it
Oh, I don't know...about 1000 miles? It's in 3 weeks...that's plenty of travel time.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#563 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
cuz he must have learned this somewhere! what is this one called....um, Downward Dog?!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...7Image0030.jpg

and again...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...7Image0031.jpg

He's crazy!
He's a yoga baby!!! How cute!
#564 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:

How do ya like those thunder thighs? Very squishable!

squishable indeed!! very cute!
#565 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
It's new as of like 2 minutes ago! Thank you!

I'm sorry about the whole too many posts thing. I can't use the multiquote well yet either.

I really love being a part of this group. I have built so many strong bonds with you mamas. You've all helped me through some really rough times. I hope that everyone understands that my bond with you mamas doesn't break when I choose to have a close relationship with another mama. I have to do that too much in my "real life".

I feel like everyone has the right to be a part of this board and I wouldn't want that to change.

I love you guys...Muwah (that's a kiss).
I thought that the avatar was new, but then again, my minds a little fuzzy, not enough coffee today!

Ok, so I must have totally missed something...I think we ALL belong here. Thats why we're such a close knit group and still going strong 6mos after our babies got here. I couldn't imagine not having y'all to talk to everyday. I really look forward getting on here and seeing how everyone's nights/days went.

so Lindsey, right back at ya sista!!! Hey, weren't we gonna hook the kiddos up and betroth them. The offer still stands, yes? J.C still has all that hair and when I showed him the pic of Marlow, he said "hubba, hubba"
#566 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
so Lindsey, right back at ya sista!!! Hey, weren't we gonna hook the kiddos up and betroth them. The offer still stands, yes? J.C still has all that hair and when I showed him the pic of Marlow, he said "hubba, hubba"
YES! Marlow wanted to know if JC minds if she has a dog? Also can she still sleep with mama and papa? Maybe they can be penpal married.
#567 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 05:03 PM

OK, I have a new problem:

My dad called me and asked if I wanted some help with $. I am doing ok so I am not sure why he asked...I"m not close to my dad and he lives in CA.

I told him no (politely). I don't need anything with strings attached right now.

SO Lee gets a big package in the mailed today with a bambi and thumper doll and a check for $1,000 in the mail FROM MY DAD.

What do I do with the check? We could use the money. It could go into an account for Marlow. But I told him no so I'm not sure why he sent it.

What would you do?
#568 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post

Elijah is super cute in his new pic and Lindsay, i like your new avatar (it is new, isn't it? i'm so slooooooooooow)
Thanks

Quote:
But it's mainly because dh had to leave so early and I couldn't fall back asleep. Honest!

Quote:
oohh hugs mama! Thats happened with both the girls when they were little too. Man that sucks!

Sounds like a great book. Details, when you get a chance?
http://www.rawveganbooks.com/product...824dc6d56948aa

Quote:
Look at my DDDDC!
Well yours is now fixed but look at Kelly's. Weird!

Quote:
Wow, thats totally interesting and very very much needed in many parts of the country, well the world really! What a great company!
I know. I'm really excited to be a part of it and thankful that dh gets to do what he is doing. He has traveled to Panama so far and now a whole tribe is able to use this water, well, the minerals. Their water was so polluted they couldn't drink it and the only water they had was rain water. Needless to say they all had major health problems but it was effecting the elderly and children the most. They had crazy skin conditions and stuff. But now they have clean water to drink. His time down there is actually in the process of becoming a documentary.
#569 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
OK, I have a new problem:

My dad called me and asked if I wanted some help with $. I am doing ok so I am not sure why he asked...I"m not close to my dad and he lives in CA.

I told him no (politely). I don't need anything with strings attached right now.

SO Lee gets a big package in the mailed today with a bambi and thumper doll and a check for $1,000 in the mail FROM MY DAD.

What do I do with the check? We could use the money. It could go into an account for Marlow. But I told him no so I'm not sure why he sent it.

What would you do?
hmmm...that sounds weird to me. are you sure your dad didn't ask you guys if you needed money?? strange. i would just call him and ask him about it.
#570 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
hmmm...that sounds weird to me. are you sure your dad didn't ask you guys if you needed money?? strange. i would just call him and ask him about it.
Oh he asked me and I told him NO. I know he heard me because he kept with the "are you sure" stuff.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page