June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!! - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
You said you would stop there and Um, I got a question . So do you still see this if you drink bottled water? Like destilled?
well, most likely. most bottled water we've "tested" still had crap in it. there have only been a couple bottled waters that didn't i believe but i'd have to ask matt to confirm that.

btw -
#602 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkbar View Post
I'm glad i'm not the only one feeling this way Meg! that was my post.. as a peace to the group. Ange has found where I hang and my email is attatched, people know my blog. But i'm pretty sure no one will even mind as i never 'fit in' here anyways.....
mama
#603 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Thanks guys.

What?! How did we miss some big exclusionary event?

I for one am deeply sorry if I offended anyone to the extent that she felt she had to leave the group. All are welcome here, IMO...we're a bunch of moms who had babies around the same time (or were supposed to) and that's our common thread. We come from totally different walks of life, are all different ages, and bring different experiences. I'm so sorry that some of you don't feel welcome here, and I wish there was something I could say to fix that. You WILL be missed, whether you think you "fit in" or not. We're all societal misfits...otherwise we wouldn't be on MDC.

well put Sarah....I kinda like being thought of as a misfit
#604 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Poor Elijah... Glad he is okay....

I am reading soo much right now, plus some things on tape. Going into overload but I just want to absorb everything!

Hey, Lindsey's making cds? :
yes! YOU WANT ONE?
#605 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
Dude, you guys are freakin' me out here! : What the heck happened? Why do you feel like you never fit in? Im not aware of any cliques or snubbing that someone got intentionally. I mean if someone's upset that their posts weren't being replied to, Im sure that was just an oversight. This board moves pretty fast. Im sad to see that some of you feel slighted. I don't think that was ever anyone's intentions.

Come on ladies, can't we all just get along!?

pretty please :
me too : :
#606 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
yes! YOU WANT ONE?
well if the offer still good, I'd love one too!! I love mixed cd's:
#607 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
well if the offer still good, I'd love one too!! I love mixed cd's:
any suggestions for what I should put on it?
#608 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
yes! YOU WANT ONE?
It's the only way I try new music! So definitely! Will reply more later though. gotta go!

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#609 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
any suggestions for what I should put on it?

surprise me! I pretty much love everything. Its more exciting that way :
#610 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 08:20 PM

I'm busy at work. but I'm sorry anyone feels like a misfit or needs to leave. .

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#611 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 08:23 PM

by the way, school didn't totally stink tonight...just a little.
#612 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 08:41 PM

All of you who are in a musical drought should check out Pandora.com. It's an awesome site...the music genome project. You put in your favorite artist, or favorite song, and it comes back with a list of comparable artists and songs, many very obscure. It's really cool.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#613 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
Katie, I have a bunch of clothes to send you if you still want 6 mos, of course if you wait another week I might have 9 mo too. This child grows like a weed.
That's great Amy. I can wait. I just took her to the dr. today and she's 16 lbs 5 oz, so not exactly too heavy yet. Length is another story, but she seems to have slowed down in that department too.

Quote:
I don't know how you feel about drugs but the only thing that has helped me is Domperidone. I was on Reglan but that made me so sick.
If drugs will work, that would be ok with me. Where did you get Domperidone? The reglan helped me but I don't really want to go back on it now that I'm back at work. That ups things a whole 'nother stress level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Sorry the kids are sick! It's so sad when they're not feeling well.

As for your milk supply, you can't necessarily go by Evie's reaction, that could be anything - could be low supply but could also be from teething, from her being sick, from a taste change based on something you ate or your menstrual cycle (if you have it - and btw some women have a temporary drop in milk production when they ovulate &/or get their period) or a million other things. And pumping too - sometimes the amount a mom can get pumping goes down, but the baby can still get plenty. Is she getting any solids or supplements of any kind? If not, you can tell if she's getting enough by her wet/dirty dipes and weight gain - if those are adequate then there's no problem. (If she's getting other food then it's harder to tell). Anyway if you really think your supply is lower, you can pump more, but the best thing is really to nurse more - whenever you can. Frequency of feedings has more of an impact on milk production than duration of feedings, so even if she only stays on for a couple of minutes each time, getting her to nurse as often as possible will help. And night nursings also impact production more, so sleeping with her (if you're not already) might encourage her to nurse more at night. Otherwise as someone mentioned, galactogogues like Domperidone (or natural ones like nursing teas, fenugreek, oats/oatmeal) might help. Good luck, I hope it turns out to be nothing or just temporary!
Well, I took 3 fenugreek last night before bed and she nursed probably 3 times last night. Then this am Caleb sounded croupy so I took the day off. I took 3 more Fenugreek this am and when we went to the dr, I made a "just in case" bottle. Well, I ended up not needing it. Hurray!

Since I've been back at work, I've noticed a slight decline in the supply or so it seems. She is eating solids and has always gotten a supplement. I noticed that the amount of formula just seemed to be increasing, so I wanted to try to up my production again. I'm hoping that the fenugreek will work. So far, so good.

Well, she's fussing and needs to go to bed. I'll try to get on later, but I'm beat!
#614 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mamas, this thread is closed pending moderator review. I will try my best to get it tonight, but it's bath time here and that comes first.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#615 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, Mamas, I'm opening this back up.

First of all, if you have any questions or concerns, please, please, please for pity's sake send them via PM rather than airing them on the thread. Becayse doing that would violate the UA and I don't want to have to shut the thread again, 'kay?

Second, thanks for the love in the middle of the thread. That made my night and I can't begin to tell you how it made me smile while reading through 32 pages!

Third, a few gentle reminders:
DO NOT conduct business in the forums. Trades, swaps, sales, etc need to take place in the Trading Post or via PM. No exceptions. I hate to be such a harda** about this, but the rules are there for a reason and need to be applied universally.

MDC does not host goodbye threads, because they just lead to speculation and hurt feelings.

Finally, please remember that MDC wishes to be a place that welcomes everyone. Even a thread such as this, where you all know one another and love one another and have a relationship with one another, needs to be a space that is welcoming to new members. When you're posting, please keep the User Agreement in mind:
Quote:
MDC serves an online community of parents, families, and parent, child and family advocates considering, learning, practicing, and advocating attachment parenting and natural family living. Our discussions concern the real world of mothering and are first and foremost, for support, information, and community. Mothering invites you to read and participate in the discussions. In doing so we ask that you agree to respect and uphold the integrity of this community. Through your direct or indirect participation here you agree to make a personal effort to maintain a comfortable and respectful atmosphere for our guests and members.
If I removed a post of yours, I'll do my very best to let you know, but it might not be til tomorrow. I'm fighting off the remains of a nasty cold : and really wanted to be offline an hour ago.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#616 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Yay, thanks AM!!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#617 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 11:38 PM

Thanks, AM. Sorry to cause so much trouble!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#618 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 11:42 PM

Thanks AM!! I hope you feel better soon. Sorry we talk so much I just can't help myself. :

Have a great night and hopefully you're now offline snuggled in bed
#619 of 1645 Old 01-08-2007, 11:54 PM

Just chiming in to say Thanks.

What is up with tonight? Elijah is wired and it's 10pm. : I would sooo love to go to bed.
#620 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 12:44 AM

Ok all, I've finally got around to doing J.C's 6 month slide show....Here ya go! Ange can you put it in the list? Thanks

J.C's 6 month Journey
#621 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 01:07 AM

I sure missed alot. I multied lots and then lost it due to my own stupitty.

I hope that no one leaves! As with any friendship it has it's ups and downs.

Lisa- makes me want to be more eco friendly!

Leanne- makes me aware of my religious back ground,and that I should do more for others.

Meg- you make me laugh! and our dd's share the same birthday!

Sarah wakes me hungry!

Hedi- makes me wish I could tamdem nurse.

We all take a little from eachother:

So mamas who's with me?:

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#622 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 01:33 AM

I'm feeling slugish lately I always forget to take prenateles. I shop at trader joes, does anyone have good supplements that do a great job? I am not good at picking them out. any help would be great!

THANKS! Nicole.

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#623 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post

I'm feeling slugish lately I always forget to take prenateles. I shop at trader joes, does anyone have good supplements that do a great job? I am not good at picking them out. any help would be great!

THANKS! Nicole.
hey chica!

I take a prenatal (just a generic kind, not a Rx), a calcium/mag supplement, GSE, Folic Acid, B vit's, Flax seed oil, I think that's it....I take my prenatals at night. HTH's
#624 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 08:08 AM

LOVE IT!!

Quote:
Ok all, I've finally got around to doing J.C's 6 month slide show....Here ya go! Ange can you put it in the list? Thanks

J.C's 6 month Journey

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#625 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:

J.C's 6 month Journey
So cute! He and Marlow are going to be so cute together!
#626 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 10:17 AM

Wow, obviously I missed some shtuff...can I get some PM action to explain? Somebody left? Get at me, as the kids all say.

A polite request: Can we all multi-quote as much as possible? I'm going to try to do this too. It just makes things easier to follow. If anyone wants to boost post count, there are some threads just for that in TAO. Otherwise what do people do to make following easier? Get the once a day digest in email? I'm wicked lost!

And for personal convos where people are both on at the same time and just doing back n' forth, maybe PM or a messenger service would work well? It sure is faster. I love keeping up with everyone, but it's easy to get bogged down in side convos. Obviously, I don't make rules, and I'm not the boss of you (although I could use a boss of me). Just askin'.

I think AM brought up a good point about making sure we welcome new members to the thread, and I realized that the intro post with everyone's names and dates and stuff might make it look like if you aren't on that list, you can't join the thread. Maybe we can amend that first post to mention that all June mamas are welcome, and we'll add your stats if you want?

Oh, and anyone seen Mearaina lately? Hope everything's OK.

Um, in babies... we had a super clingy day yesterday. She has discovered whining. Not crying, not fussing, but full on whining. I really need to try a teething necklace. The Camilia seems to work well though. She's also all into light switches now. She shuts off the light at bedtime. It's pretty cute!
#627 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
A polite request: Can we all multi-quote as much as possible? I'm going to try to do this too. It just makes things easier to follow. If anyone wants to boost post count, there are some threads just for that in TAO. Otherwise what do people do to make following easier? Get the once a day digest in email? I'm wicked lost!

And for personal convos where people are both on at the same time and just doing back n' forth, maybe PM or a messenger service would work well? It sure is faster. I love keeping up with everyone, but it's easy to get bogged down in side convos. Obviously, I don't make rules, and I'm not the boss of you (although I could use a boss of me). Just askin'.

I think AM brought up a good point about making sure we welcome new members to the thread, and I realized that the intro post with everyone's names and dates and stuff might make it look like if you aren't on that list, you can't join the thread. Maybe we can amend that first post to mention that all June mamas are welcome, and we'll add your stats if you want?

Oh, and anyone seen Mearaina lately? Hope everything's OK.

Um, in babies... we had a super clingy day yesterday. She has discovered whining. Not crying, not fussing, but full on whining. I really need to try a teething necklace. The Camilia seems to work well though. She's also all into light switches now. She shuts off the light at bedtime. It's pretty cute!
Helen, I think these are all great ideas. And I had velcro baby yesterday, too.

#628 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 10:48 AM

It's been so warm this winter that Kelly and I let the kids wear regular prom clothes to the Christmas dance.

Here they are all decked out and ready for a magical dance!

J.C. and Marlow
#629 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
It's been so warm this winter that Kelly and I let the kids wear regular prom clothes to the Christmas dance.

Here they are all decked out and ready for a magical dance!

J.C. and Marlow
omg - I just did a spit take! I love this!!!!!!!!!

#630 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
omg - I just did a spit take! I love this!!!!!!!!!
Can you see Marlow still has drool on her chin!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page