June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!! - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 1645 Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm doin GREAT on my resolution to not get pregnant in 2007.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#662 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post

I'm feeling slugish lately I always forget to take prenateles. I shop at trader joes, does anyone have good supplements that do a great job? I am not good at picking them out. any help would be great!

THANKS! Nicole.
TJs has some sublingual B12/Folic Acid/B6 that I take and Emergen-C is always a good pick-me-up too. I drink that stuff instead of coffee when I give it up for lent.

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#663 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 01:19 AM

all i have to say is that i give major, major, major, major, MAJOR kudos to single moms of 2 or more kids. im completely whooped.
#664 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
Ok, caroline, did I miss your list. Now Im curious to see what your resolutions are I think Im doing pretty good on mine, but then I kinda made then not so difficult
It is in my blog in my sig...
#665 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 01:50 AM

oh and i forgot to say earlier, caroline, your "misplaced the baby" story. it sounds like something i would do! but i would totally be freaking out. one day elijah was napping on the bed and for some reason i walked in the room and i find marley sitting on the floor staring at elijah... who was also ON THE FLOOR. on his belly. giggling at his sister. ya, my mind went crazy trying to figure out how the heck he got on the floor, the very hard floor, w/o making a peep. i asked marley and she kind of gave me the run around. then said, "i was trying to hold him." um ya.

and i love your christmas picture. adorable!
#666 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 03:13 AM

: I've been gone 3 days and I'm I-don't-know-how-far behind. I can't even think about catching up right now.

We're home again. Just in time for "the worst blizzard since 1968" It's nasty out there tonight. We came back with piles of stuff from my childhood, will post pictures soon. Katie now has 3 boxes of books, and an amazing rocking horse that my grandpa made for me when I was her age. She also received for Christmas a ridiculous amount of toys.

It is so good to be home. But it was also very good to visit everyone.

Katie is 18.5 lbs, 25 inches. She is getting so big. She's teething hard, though the necklace seems to help. I can feel and see the bumps on her gums, but still no drooling, and seems to be sleeping well regardless. Guess I should count my blessings. She was amazing while we were travelling. Just amazing.

Sarah - The pumpkin bread was a huge hit with my grandparents, it is soo good. As far as shipping options for keeping sin sticks intact, have you thought about shredded paper? I used to work for a honey bottling plant and we packed everything with papers we'd shredded instead of sending them to recycling. P.S. You're due with Jackson on my anniversary.

Okay, that's all for now, I so need to go to sleep. I'll try to update with cute pictures in a day or two.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#667 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
If drugs will work, that would be ok with me. Where did you get Domperidone?
I think I never responded to this...sorry. If you go to the breastfeeding challenges forum there is either a sticky or a thread that lists places you can get this from. I went through the online pharmacy that they list.
#668 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 08:46 AM

Quote:
OMG!! Thats the freakin' coolest thing ever!!!!! You Rock!!! I'm so gonna put that on our family website (dh's family has a family website where everyone posts pics and news to keep everyone updated) They're gonna love it!! Lindsey you are awesome!

Oh, oh, Marlow's got some competition!

Ok, so you guys will sooo laugh when you hear what Kya's new fav movie is....Xanadu!!!! Yea, the one with Olivia Newton John! I guess Jasn was flipping thru the channels this morning and she heard the singing and yelled for Jasn to stop changing channels. She wanted to watch it. So we tivo'd the last hour of it and she just finished watching it for the second time! The songs are actually quite good. I remember most of them, but didn't realize what movie they were from...Kya's been dancing around the room a la Ms. Newton John. Needless to say, I think someone will be getting a pair of leg warmers soon :
I was going to do a wedding photo but I think they need to go on some dates first. Let me know what your family says. I didn't take the time with Marlow's face and hair because I was running late to work

I remember when I was really little my sister was really into Xanadu. She used to wear this red satin jacket and hat and little shorts and leg warmers while roller skating up and down the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
So, get this, my boss starts talking to me today about transitioning into the open fund manager position... And here I was all ready to leave all together... So I don't know what's going to happen now.. I am still going to start applying for jobs closer to home but I can actually enjoy what I am doing for a while if nothing comes up right away. so yay
That's great! I love when things happen like that. Now you have a bigger choice!
#669 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 09:47 AM

Good Morning

I seriously can't believe I'm awake this early. But it's nice to have some quiet time in the mornings.

Ang - Yay for your job! Any replies from the sil? Oh and the 1st night was fine. I still have 2 bodies to curl up with so it wasn't like I was completely alone.

Leighanne - Holy crap! That picture of Mikey on your blog! He's um..standing?! Wow. That's crazy! And since I've been gone I forgot how adorable he is. So cute!
#670 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 10:05 AM

How is it that one minute they can be fine, and the next, have a cold hit them like a ton of bricks? Ugh. Both kids are sick. I hate it. Hit DS Monday around 5:30, and hit K yesterday around 6pm.

I slept with poor K in the rocker last night and have been unable to put her down (except for 10 minutes in her hop n pop while I got breakfast for DS) since 6pm last night. I currently have her pseudo strapped to me with my wrap (not tied all the way, just supporting her upright on my lap so I can still work with both hands) because she cannot breathe when lying down, so she can't just nap laying on my lap.

Earlier though, when she was on my shoulder, she was blowing raspberries on my skin, and giggling -

I guess the silver lining is that even sick, they're both still happy kiddos...miserably congested, but happy.

Guess I should email my friend and ask if she wants me to still try to bring these snotballs to their place this weekend for her DD's Bday.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#671 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 10:15 AM

So wait! Crawling can happen before sitting unassisted? Marlow sits unassisted and can pull herself to a stand but cannot crawl. I'm confused.
#672 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
How is it that one minute they can be fine, and the next, have a cold hit them like a ton of bricks? Ugh. Both kids are sick. I hate it. Hit DS Monday around 5:30, and hit K yesterday around 6pm.

I slept with poor K in the rocker last night and have been unable to put her down (except for 10 minutes in her hop n pop while I got breakfast for DS) since 6pm last night. I currently have her pseudo strapped to me with my wrap (not tied all the way, just supporting her upright on my lap so I can still work with both hands) because she cannot breathe when lying down, so she can't just nap laying on my lap.

Earlier though, when she was on my shoulder, she was blowing raspberries on my skin, and giggling -

I guess the silver lining is that even sick, they're both still happy kiddos...miserably congested, but happy.

Guess I should email my friend and ask if she wants me to still try to bring these snotballs to their place this weekend for her DD's Bday.
Hope they feel better soon! Elijah is snotty. It's disgusting and he *hates* his nose wiped. I feel bad everytime I do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
So wait! Crawling can happen before sitting unassisted? Marlow sits unassisted and can pull herself to a stand but cannot crawl. I'm confused.
Some kids never crawl, Lindsey! They just go right to walking. Matt's nephew never crawled and started walking at like, 9 months. :
#673 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
oh and i forgot to say earlier, caroline, your "misplaced the baby" story. it sounds like something i would do! but i would totally be freaking out. one day elijah was napping on the bed and for some reason i walked in the room and i find marley sitting on the floor staring at elijah... who was also ON THE FLOOR. on his belly. giggling at his sister. ya, my mind went crazy trying to figure out how the heck he got on the floor, the very hard floor, w/o making a peep. i asked marley and she kind of gave me the run around. then said, "i was trying to hold him." um ya.

and i love your christmas picture. adorable!

Yeah, once there are older siblings, the oddest things can happen. I had William in his walker, the kind with wheels. He loves it there when I am cooking. I turn around from the stove, and he is GONE. Jackson had wheeled him into the laundry room and shut the door. Kids.
#674 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Crawling is not a developmental milestone. Some do, some don't. My first daughter rolled everywhere, never crawled. William just started rolling...
#675 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 10:49 AM

Question: Why does my daughter smell like a wet-then-hung-to-dry washcloth? You know the smell I'm talking about. You know you do. Gross! It's her sleeper - I've got to change this thing, I can't smell this smell all morning. How the heck did that happen?

#676 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Hope they feel better soon! Elijah is snotty. It's disgusting and he *hates* his nose wiped. I feel bad everytime I do it.
Thanks - hope he gets over it soon, too. She hated it too, she hates whenever I come anywhere near her face to do anything to her. Saline spray is a wrestling match, and I don't even bother with the sucker cause it never brings anything out.

#677 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
You might want to attempt not hanging around Brad 2 weeks postpartum... :

Quote:
all i have to say is that i give major, major, major, major, MAJOR kudos to single moms of 2 or more kids. im completely whooped.
I don't know how they do it either. Seriously, without my dh we would not eat, dishes would not be washed, I would be crying cause my coffee wouldn't be ready in the morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
: I've been gone 3 days and I'm I-don't-know-how-far behind. I can't even think about catching up right now.
Hey Jes! I was thinking about you yesterday! Welcome back....

Quote:
Ang - Yay for your job! Any replies from the sil? Oh and the 1st night was fine. I still have 2 bodies to curl up with so it wasn't like I was completely alone.

Leighanne - Holy crap! That picture of Mikey on your blog! He's um..standing?! Wow. That's crazy! And since I've been gone I forgot how adorable he is. So cute!
Yeah, let's hope for the best...SIL... oh! I think you mean my friend from HS. SIL is anti-circ and actually has an account on mothering. She is way more crunchy than me, had 3 home births, 2 unassisted. You might like her...HS friend has not replied. I figure she is either never speaking to me again or fiercely searching for evidence to justify circ to counter my arguments. Since I have logic on my side, not too worried... Though it would suck if I lost a friend, it would suck even more if she was informed and she had to live with the guilt of something going wrong....

Must check out Leigh Anne's blog...

Quote:

Um, maybe you might want to stay home with the snotty ones... I guess it depends how much better they are feeling. My kids DO NOT LIKE HAVING THEIR NOSES WIPED AT ALL. AT ALL. Yes, I meant to repeat that.

Heather, did you see the new mothering by the way? Whole section on slinging... Even some instructions.... I either need to figure out a different way to sling J, get a sling that will help me better, or break down and get an actual stroller cause man this chunka is hurting my back when we are out for extended periods... I think it is because when he is on my hip he is so busy trying to lean back and see everything that is going on... Any suggestions????

Quote:
Question: Why does my daughter smell like a wet-then-hung-to-dry washcloth? You know the smell I'm talking about. You know you do. Gross! It's her sleeper - I've got to change this thing, I can't smell this smell all morning. How the heck did that happen?
Um, maybe her sleeper wasn't fully dry when it came out of the dryer? Or maybe that load stayed in the dryer a little too long? Or maybe the sleeper was put on top of the wet-then-hung-to-dry washcloth and you didn't notice? Not that any of these things have ever happened to me.... :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#678 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
mine smelled like oatmeal cookies last night.
#679 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, let's hope for the best...SIL... oh! I think you mean my friend from HS. SIL is anti-circ and actually has an account on mothering. She is way more crunchy than me, had 3 home births, 2 unassisted. You might like her...HS friend has not replied. I figure she is either never speaking to me again or fiercely searching for evidence to justify circ to counter my arguments. Since I have logic on my side, not too worried... Though it would suck if I lost a friend, it would suck even more if she was informed and she had to live with the guilt of something going wrong....

oh ya...friend. sorry bout that! well lets hope she makes the right choice. and yes, losing a friend sucks.
#680 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Sarah - The pumpkin bread was a huge hit with my grandparents, it is soo good. As far as shipping options for keeping sin sticks intact, have you thought about shredded paper? I used to work for a honey bottling plant and we packed everything with papers we'd shredded instead of sending them to recycling. P.S. You're due with Jackson on my anniversary.
I'm glad everyone liked it. And yeah, I gotta do something for the sin sticks. Paper would be easiest on the budget.

Quote:
Yep. I have a feeling Sam's gonna be a never-gonna-crawl baby. She may surprise me, but she's much happier standing and taking steps with daddy than she is trying to crawl. And she's still not sitting unassisted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248 View Post
Crawling is not a developmental milestone. Some do, some don't. My first daughter rolled everywhere, never crawled. William just started rolling...
Yeah that.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#681 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Yep. I have a feeling Sam's gonna be a never-gonna-crawl baby. She may surprise me, but she's much happier standing and taking steps with daddy than she is trying to crawl. And she's still not sitting unassisted.
Maybe it's a preemie thing! jk.

She can sit and now when she wants a toy...or cat she will lunge forward on all four but she still just hops with both legs and does the belly flops to the floor.
#682 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Hmm, my non-crawler was two weeks LATE....maybe it is these uncooperative kids that can't read a calender who don't crawl!!
#683 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Hmm, my non-crawler was two weeks LATE....maybe it is these uncooperative kids that can't read a calender who don't crawl!!
I guess I'll have to start teaching her how to read a calendar now!
#684 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Um, maybe you might want to stay home with the snotty ones... I guess it depends how much better they are feeling.
Yeah, we wouldn't be leaving until Saturday, so their incubation period would pretty well be over. SO it would be basically how good (or not) they feel to see if we go.

Quote:
Heather, did you see the new mothering by the way? Whole section on slinging... Any suggestions????
I didn't see it, nope - but I ordered a Beco carrier, it's like an Ergo but has fabric like a Mei Tai...they don't have my fabric online anymore to show you, fooey. If I don't like this, I'm going to return it and just get a regular MT, cause I've got to get this girl on my back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington
Um, maybe her sleeper wasn't fully dry when it came out of the dryer? Or maybe that load stayed in the dryer a little too long? Or maybe the sleeper was put on top of the wet-then-hung-to-dry washcloth and you didn't notice? Not that any of these things have ever happened to me.... :
or maybe the load stayed too long in the washer before it made it to the dryer...:

Quote:
That sounds so much better than skanky washcloth.

#685 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:

or maybe the load stayed too long in the washer before it made it to the dryer...:

That would be the culprit in my house...my husband always says the laundry smells like "swamp" when I leave it too long. Lucky for him, he has started doing a good amount of the laundry!
#686 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 03:29 PM

This may sound dumb but...
I really want to start exercising and dieting now. Is it bad to diet right now because of the "nursing" (pumping)?
#687 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 04:21 PM

[QUOTE=The4OfUs;6977202 or maybe the load stayed too long in the washer before it made it to the dryer...:
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I meant. :

Quote:
I really want to start exercising and dieting now. Is it bad to diet right now because of the "nursing" (pumping)?
Um, I think it depends on what you mean by diet.... check out kellymom... I think if you are doing the eating healthier (more veggies and fruits, cutting out junk focusing on getting all the nutrients you need rather just filler stuff) thing you should be fine, but if you are doing a high carbs/protein or whatever the latest is, might cause problems...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#688 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 06:05 PM

OMG- That pic of marlow and jc is soo cute! very busy here today, just wanted to say hi!

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#689 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Hugs mama, when does dh get back?

Quote:
It is in my blog in my sig...
Those are a riot!!! You're pretty witty

Quote:

We're home again. Just in time for "the worst blizzard since 1968" It's nasty out there tonight. We came back with piles of stuff from my childhood, will post pictures soon. Katie now has 3 boxes of books, and an amazing rocking horse that my grandpa made for me when I was her age. She also received for Christmas a ridiculous amount of toys.

It is so good to be home. But it was also very good to visit everyone.

Katie is 18.5 lbs, 25 inches. She is getting so big. She's teething hard, though the necklace seems to help. I can feel and see the bumps on her gums, but still no drooling, and seems to be sleeping well regardless. Guess I should count my blessings. She was amazing while we were travelling. Just amazing.

Okay, that's all for now, I so need to go to sleep. I'll try to update with cute pictures in a day or two.
Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. Now just try to keep from freezing to death!

Quote:
Kya never really crawled in the conventional way. She crawled like Mogely from the "Jungle Book". yk, on all fours with her butt in the air

Quote:

Oh, sorry the kiddos are sick. Give them extra hugs from us :

Quote:

I don't know how they do it either. Seriously, without my dh we would not eat, dishes would not be washed, I would be crying cause my coffee wouldn't be ready in the morning...

Heather, did you see the new mothering by the way? Whole section on slinging... Even some instructions.... I either need to figure out a different way to sling J, get a sling that will help me better, or break down and get an actual stroller cause man this chunka is hurting my back when we are out for extended periods... I think it is because when he is on my hip he is so busy trying to lean back and see everything that is going on... Any suggestions????

2 wks postpartum!! Thats really funny!! Sorry Sarah, but she got ya there!

I also have to admit that Jasn makes the coffee. I don't even really know how much of what to put in the coffee maker But he sure makes a tasty cup of joe!

J.C does the lean back thing too. Man, it kills my back!

I have never left wet clothes in the washer OR I've never put wet clothes in the dryer then forgot to turn it on :

Quote:
Thats not too bad

Quote:

She can sit and now when she wants a toy...or cat she will lunge forward on all four but she still just hops with both legs and does the belly flops to the floor.
Im picturing Marlow doing belly flops and the only thing I can imagine is her doing the "Worm" Remember that from the late 80's? Am I the only one that ancient who remembers that? :

Quote:
:

That sounds so much better than skanky washcloth.
You said "skanky washclosh" um that's pretty funny!!:

Quote:
That would be the culprit in my house...my husband always says the laundry smells like "swamp" when I leave it too long. Lucky for him, he has started doing a good amount of the laundry!
Swamp? thats actually a very accurate description!

Quote:
:

Um, I think it depends on what you mean by diet.... check out kellymom... I think if you are doing the eating healthier (more veggies and fruits, cutting out junk focusing on getting all the nutrients you need rather just filler stuff) thing you should be fine, but if you are doing a high carbs/protein or whatever the latest is, might cause problems...
Yea, what Ange says. You still need to consume approx. 500 calories more than the daily recommendations for a normal healthy diet. Thats how many calories, give or take, that you burn by nursing...
#690 of 1645 Old 01-10-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
What Ang said. I'm planning on changing my diet too. BIG time.

Quote:

Hugs mama, when does dh get back?

The 16th. We're at my mil's for the night. They took Marley to a basketball game so I have a bit of a break.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page