June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!! - Page 25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#721 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
WWYD?
I'd proabbly wait another day and just watch.

An on-call ped I called when DS was a baby said the following to me, and it always stuck with me wrt babes being sick:

"I'm a lot more worried about a baby with a 99 temp who is lethargic than a babe with a 101 who is acting fine"

so I think if he's acting fine, you can just keep an eye on him, and then if he gets any worse today maybe take him in tomorrow?

Then again, the fact that we all just got sick from being at the doc's office for DD's well visit last Friday is probably clouding my vision...: I even had DS wash his hands and use alcohol gel on his hands, too, after playing with the waiting room and visit room toys...sigh. Stupid germs.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#722 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248 View Post
DOes he have mucousy poop? If not, then I would assume it is not too bad.
Well, he does have mucousy poop, but that's because I overdid it on the dairy this week (he also had blood in the stool again ) I have to go back to restricting dairy more, again.

So I can't tell - but wondering, what would mucousy poo mean if it weren't from the dairy?

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#723 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post

Okay, are we all sick of our jobs right now? Well, those of us who work out of the house (heck, could be those that work in the house too I suppose ) I started sending out my applications yesterday and got an email back from one of them already. I'm a little suspicious. See, I have always worked for the state and going to private industry is just scary.... So this one job that I have to call and get more info about today is in the city next to mine (Lancaster~10 miles away) and the salary is like $20k more than what I make now. No way. There is so gotta be a trick.... Probably is. Will find out today I suppose.
I too am a state worker. I am too scared to leave it. The benefits keep you tied to it. And I'm too scared to not be in the union.

The company probably sees a good thing when they got your application!
#724 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
I'd proabbly wait another day and just watch.

An on-call ped I called when DS was a baby said the following to me, and it always stuck with me wrt babes being sick:

"I'm a lot more worried about a baby with a 99 temp who is lethargic than a babe with a 101 who is acting fine"

so I think if he's acting fine, you can just keep an eye on him, and then if he gets any worse today maybe take him in tomorrow?

Then again, the fact that we all just got sick from being at the doc's office for DD's well visit last Friday is probably clouding my vision...: I even had DS wash his hands and use alcohol gel on his hands, too, after playing with the waiting room and visit room toys...sigh. Stupid germs.
Thanks! That's what I was thinking, wait and see. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too relaxed about it - yk, I tend to go to extremes, either too nonchalant or totally paranoid - like with my first baby, forget it - first cough and I would have driven into Philly to the Children's Hospital E.R. at 3 am for sure

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#725 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 AM

BTW sorry to the others with sick babes, job frustrations, etc. - that stinks, hope everyone's kids and job situations get better soon!

#726 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
I too am a state worker. I am too scared to leave it. The benefits keep you tied to it. And I'm too scared to not be in the union.

The company probably sees a good thing when they got your application!

I KNOW! That is what has kept me driving 60+ miles one way for the last 4 years--to keep my benefits and state job. But seriously, I need to be closer to home. I really hope I can transfer to like a city job (still SOME security) but if I can do that and be closer to home, I think it will be better, yk? But they are so few and far between and with two boys, I just need to move soon...

And then my poor babe wasn't feeling well yesterday and I drive a van so I couldn't immediately leave to go to him or I would have left all the people I drove in stranded. And today, I couldn't even go in late or wait to see how he was doing (I left C with my sister) because traffic bites if I go in later. So I am leaving early after I finish this stuff but it's just to hard. : Gonna have to suck it up and be one of millions who does not have a state job...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#727 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
BTW sorry to the others with sick babes, job frustrations, etc. - that stinks, hope everyone's kids and job situations get better soon!

Thanks... Hope Andrew feels better...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#728 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
:

I worked for a hospital for a while and had state benefits though I wasn't a state emloyee (bizarre classifications that worked to my advantage)....and I know what you mean about the benefits. I hated giving those up when I left the job. Good luck to everyone making a change or thinking about it!

Meantime, I forgot 2 other chatty things.

I ordered a free sample kit (had to pay $4 shipping) for some mineral makeup, cause I've always been so tempted by it but never wanted to spend the huge $$, because i don't wear makeup often anymore...but this has a built in SF, is supposed ot be really easy and lovely, etc. etc. and found a linky to a sample offer they have on the natural home & body care pages here, so I took the pluge and ordered - I can't wait to get them!

Also, I've been reading up on a few threads in spirituality about "Treasure Mapping"...anybody here do it? It's pretty interesting, and I think I'm going to do it this year - I figure there's nothing to lose, and if nothing else might help me think more positively and get a little motivated. Thought I'd add a link in case anyone was interested... this is the thread from 2006, post #9 has some FAQ...for 2007 the date is April 17

#729 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I ordered a free sample kit (had to pay $4 shipping) for some mineral makeup, cause I've always been so tempted by it but never wanted to spend the huge $$, because i don't wear makeup often anymore...but this has a built in SF, is supposed ot be really easy and lovely, etc. etc. and found a linky to a sample offer they have on the natural home & body care pages here, so I took the pluge and ordered - I can't wait to get them!
Oh my gosh I LOOOOVE mineral makeup! I swear by it, it's the only foundation I'll use now (and I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING!!) Is it Bare Escentuals? Their BareMinerals was the first mineral makeup and it's so incredible! It looks really natural and makes your face look awesome, and it has nothing artificial and is really good for your skin. SPF 15 too. They used to be only in San Francisco but now you can get their stuff in a few places - and we have a whole BE store at that big mall near us. So anyway, girly moment for the day, hope you like it when you get it!!

#730 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Oh my gosh I LOOOOVE mineral makeup! I swear by it, it's the only foundation I'll use now (and I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING!!) Is it Bare Escentuals? Their BareMinerals was the first mineral makeup and it's so incredible! It looks really natural and makes your face look awesome, and it has nothing artificial and is really good for your skin. SPF 15 too. They used to be only in San Francisco but now you can get their stuff in a few places - and we have a whole BE store at that big mall near us. So anyway, girly moment for the day, hope you like it when you get it!!
It's actually Everyday Minerals, I read good things about them on the threads I was reading here...so we'll see if I like it! I have been obsessed with the infomercial for BE for years now but just couldn't bring myself to shell out that much $$...the Everyday seems less expensive overall and there's no "club" package, and the sample kit is free (well, $4) so I figured why not. Who knows - if I can get all purty in 5 min, maybe I'll start wearing makeup again when I leave the house! :

#731 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Well, thanks to your girliness, I was motivated to do a little something extra, and have started actually doing my makeup in the morning. I'm usually up about 10 minutes before Samantha, so after I pop my contacts in, I spend 5 minutes on my face. I feel a lot better, as silly as that sounds. Just more awake.

Apparently walking down the stairs is the funniest thing that has ever happened to Sam. Every morning when I bring her downstairs with me, she laughs hysterically the whole time we're walking down. She's easily amused.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#732 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 01:18 PM

I too have changed a little bit of my looks!

I now part my hair so ytou don't see my scalp so much.
#733 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#734 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
I don't sleep much when dh is at work either. for the doggie!

That's some cute boy! I love the yoga pic,chunky thighs
thanks.

Quote:
My cat seems to scare me more than help me feel secure. I have to say that having the baby helps me feel not alone. I want a dog!
we've agreed on no animals until we have land. then i'd like a whole gaggle of em. a sanctury of some sort, which i've already mentioned to you.

Quote:
:

(So that's what I get for boasting last night) When I said Elijah fell asleep at 8pm. Um ya. He woke up at like 8:45, puked all over the floor, and then stayed up until 10:30-11. : BUT - he was happy the whole time so I should still count my blessing, eh.

Right now he's laying on the floor next to me. Pooping. Oh Lindsey - I have to give major kudos to you and Lee for Ecing. (and everyone else who does!) I tried to catch a poop in the toilet the other day and oh my, how exhausting! I don't have it in me to do that all the time. The occassional pee is about all I can do!

Makeup: Haven't worn any in years. I think the last time I was wearing any I only wore mascara and that was when I was like, 19. So what, 5 years ago? (as of this month)

Hope everyone is having a good day!
#735 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
Right now he's laying on the floor next to me. Pooping. Oh Lindsey - I have to give major kudos to you and Lee for Ecing. (and everyone else who does!) I tried to catch a poop in the toilet the other day and oh my, how exhausting! I don't have it in me to do that all the time. The occassional pee is about all I can do!
Well, she only poops once a day and she gives plenty of warning that it's going to happen so it's not hard for us...easier than a poopy diaper!
#736 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
It's actually Everyday Minerals, I read good things about them on the threads I was reading here...so we'll see if I like it! I have been obsessed with the infomercial for BE for years now but just couldn't bring myself to shell out that much $$...the Everyday seems less expensive overall and there's no "club" package,
yeah, I don't do the club thing either - the infomercial kit comes with other stuff I don't need which makes it more expensive (and actually it doesn't come in my shade that way anyway - I am super-fair-skinned!) I buy it separately so it's cheaper - actually it's like 1/2 what I used to pay for foundation because I used to have it custom-blended to be light enough :

#737 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Well, she only poops once a day and she gives plenty of warning that it's going to happen so it's not hard for us...easier than a poopy diaper!
Once a day??? C pooped minimum of 5 times a day... J I think is closer to 3.

So, um, I haven't heard from my "friend". It's been a week. Do you think she is still compiling evidence to refute or she is never going to speak to me again???

#738 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

I wear shear mircle or however you spell it. Got it from coops here. BTW, if you havent ever checked out the coop area, do it! Great way to get things.

Yesterday we went for Maggie's appt. The Dr said we could go in right away because she didnt want Maggie sitting out in the waiting room- she said she had some sickies out there. Grateful for small favors but I felt like a complete princess going in while others waited out there with the rest of the germs.

So now that we are over our Year of the Craziness, its time to play house hunting again.: We are looking at one tomorrow.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#739 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 04:18 PM

I had a whole big reply, and then my computer freaked out.

So.........

34 weeks!

#740 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:

So, um, I haven't heard from my "friend". It's been a week. Do you think she is still compiling evidence to refute or she is never going to speak to me again???
Hmm, that's a tough one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
BTW, if you havent ever checked out the coop area, do it! Great way to get things.
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post

So.........

34 weeks!

Aww, baby belly!

So we're back home again. Time to be productive!
#741 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 04:42 PM

I'm new to MDC and just wanted to say "hello"! I'm Stephanie and a first time Mom to preemie twin girls born at 30 weeks on June 9th.
#742 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Aww, baby belly!

So we're back home again. Time to be productive!
Glad you're home safe. I hope the next 5 days fly by for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourdoubleblessing View Post
I'm new to MDC and just wanted to say "hello"! I'm Stephanie and a first time Mom to preemie twin girls born at 30 weeks on June 9th.
Hi, Stephanie! My DD3, Samantha, was due 6/27, but arrived on 4/20 at 30 weeks. You should come check out the preemie/NICU forum too if you haven't already. It's a great group! Glad to have you here!

#743 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
hey stephanie.

Quote:

Thanks. Me too.
#744 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 05:41 PM

Welcome Stephanie!

I bought some mineral eyeshadow a week or so ago. I forget when, but sometime when I was in Portland. I love it. It's very subtle but wouldn't take much for me to make it darker. I think it's by Bare Minerals? Yea, their i.d. line. I like it. I'm tempted to buy more but it's so expensive. We'll see.

Also, I want to chop off my hair. Like really short, but I have no idea what would look good on me. I want it to still look fairly girly but not take too much "do-ing" in the morning. I also want to get it dyed again. Guess that means pumping again so I can leave Katie with a sitter or taking my sitter with me to the city. Hmm... Leaving her would probably save me money shopping because I'd be so anxious to get back to her. Of course, I also need to go to IKEA to get her some book shelves and that will take longer than I'm willing to leave her for at this point, so I'm stuck with 2 trips or bringing SIL with me. We'll see how the weather goes.

We're getting settled in again finally. My kitchen is almost back in order after the influx of Pampered Chef stuff that I brought back from my Mom's with me. She used to sell it and had a ton of stuff she doesn't use any more so I got to raid her closet. Yay! I'm hoping to try making bread tomorrow now that I've got some nice stoneware breadpans.

We got like 6-7 inches of snow dumped on us Tuesday night, and the wind. Oh my goodness the wind. Then last night, we dropped from a liveable -4 to -24 in like an hour and a half. I had to wrap poor Katie in 2 fleece pouches coming in from the truck because I didn't think to take her winter coat and all she had on was her fleece jacket. Poor kid.

I think we may be down to 1 nap a day. I'm hoping that it is a long one at least. She's been cutting it back for weeks now, and today she was happy as a clam until 1pm after waking up at 9. Ack.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#745 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 05:55 PM

ok - velcro baby syndrome today. needless to say, i haven't been very productive today and....we're ordering pizza tonight. no chance of cooking here. luckily we have a great pizza place that delivers.
#746 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:

Once a day but it's huge! Sorry TMI

I bet she's stewing but that doesn't mean you didn't get through.

Quote:

So.........

34 weeks!
Awwww!

Quote:

Hi, Stephanie! My DD3, Samantha, was due 6/27, but arrived on 4/20 at 30 weeks. You should come check out the preemie/NICU forum too if you haven't already. It's a great group! Glad to have you here!
: and :
#747 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
there's more i wanted to say, but for now, mikey crawled well b4 he could sit unassisted. he's been crawling since nov, but only in jan started sitting on his own. his newest? pulling up to stand and letting go...sigh. :
YIKES!! You have an overachiever on your hands!

Quote:

Soo, uh, who made their kiddos baby paper? What was that again, just some waxed paper sewn in between two pieces of fabric? I think I could do that....DD is obsessed with any paper she can get her hands on, and while I know fiber is always a good thing in a diet , I'd like to find a less digestable alternative.
Paper=Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
i made babypaper... a cereal bag sewn btwn two pieces of fabric
Duh, so smart! I tend to overthink things sometimes :

Quote:

I need to make some, but knowing my luck she'd toss it aside and gnaw on the dog toys. Like she always does. : I figure I could either spend all darn day cleaning up the dog's toys and trying to keep them away from the baby (as soon as I put them in the dog's basket, she brings them back to the living room to "share") or I could just let it go. A little dog hair never hurt, right? Besides, they're so darn cute playing together. Sam hands the dog's toys to her

For those of you who are using teething necklaces, where did you get them? My mom offered to get one for Sam if I send her the link.
Dog toys are funner, mom! And a dogs mouth is cleaner than ours

Got J.C's teething necklace on Ebay. Sugar and Spice Kidz has a Ebay store. I think it was around $24 w/ shipping. I LOVE it. It really seems to make a difference. They are 12" and are double knotted inbetween each bead, and they have a screw clasp.

Quote:
Thank you! I want to maybe do some with more babies. Maybe a baby prom night!
In other news, I'm being transferred It's better than being laid off but I don't like where I'm going to. I might have to deal with complaints to public utility companies. I guess it's not so bad but I really was comfy doing insurance
OOOhhh Prom!! Maybe the theme could be "Under the Sea"!

Oh, sorry you're being transferred. Maybe its a blessing in disguise. :

Quote:
I'm glad you have company tonight! I can't sleep in the house without Brad there. I just don't feel secure. If he's out of town, our rotty/husky/german shepherd sleeps in my room with me. I've been like that since i was a kid..I just can't sleep in an empty house.
Me Neither! Too many house noises.

Quote:
Thank you. I hope so. I really don't want to have to deal with phone complaints. I've grown a hatred of nasty callers. I always seem to get people that are so angry at their predicament and want to take it out on me. Since having the baby I am too emotional to deal with irate customers.
I completely agree that having a baby changes your emotional make up. I know that now I'll cry over more things than I used to. I think as mothers we tend to be a little more empathetic than we were before, ykwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
Thanks for the well wishes and hugs. I ended up staying home on Monday. Caleb woke up crying on Mon. morning saying he didn't want to go to school. The crying turned into coughing which turned into gagging, which turned into this wheezy sound/seal bark cough.

I'm putting in for a transfer, so hopefully next year, I'll at least be closer to home.

Anybody else still suffering from pregnancy brain? Sometimes I get worried about myself. I hate it when my thinking isn't clear. Today I asked on of the kids to run to the cafeteria/clinic/conference room before I could get "copy room" out! I swear I'm going crazy. : When will it go away?
Poor Baby, I hope Caleb feels better.

Hope your transfer goes thru and you get to work closer to home.

And definetly suffering from Mommy brain still!! I think its lack of sleep

Quote:
What? brain issues? what brain issues? what brain?

Quote:

Ear infections suck! C used to get them before he turned 1. Right now C is sick too : He must have caught some kind of stomach virus or something cause he keeps grabbing his tummy and um, won't leave the bathroom... Doing a quick half day thing to get people paid and then heading home.
So this one job that I have to call and get more info about today is in the city next to mine (Lancaster~10 miles away) and the salary is like $20k more than what I make now. No way. There is so gotta be a trick.... Probably is. Will find out today I suppose.
Poor C, sorry he's not feeling well

And hope the new job is everything it says it is!

Quote:

But I'm worried about Andrew's cough Remember I said his first cold was very mild last week and was almost gone? Well it was - but then a couple days later it seems to have come back worse. Yesterday he started coughing really hard, and then last night it got worse, almost sounded a little like the seal-bark thing Katie described (which usually means croup, right?) I didn't worry too much because he didn't have any trouble breathing or nursing, and he didn't act too uncomfortable or abnormal at all (every time the coughing woke him up, he'd nurse and go right back to sleep). Today he's still having these periodic coughing fits that sound really bad, but he's crawling all around playing, laughing and smiling in between them....so I don't know. The coughing sounds really scary to me (different sound than either of my girls has ever made) but I normally gauge the severity of something by how the baby is acting (normal and happy vs. out of it, whiny, sluggish) and he's acting totally normal, so I can't decide whether to get him checked out or not.

WWYD?
J.C had a weird barky cough earlier before Christmas and I debated taking him in, but he seemed perfectly happy. So I didn't and it went away. Listen to your mommy instincts. They're always right

Quote:

With the absence of a fever, mucousy poop, and crankiness, I would not take him.
Yeah, that

Quote:
Thanks! That's what I was thinking, wait and see. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too relaxed about it - yk, I tend to go to extremes, either too nonchalant or totally paranoid - like with my first baby, forget it - first cough and I would have driven into Philly to the Children's Hospital E.R. at 3 am for sure
I hear ya!! I was so unsure as a new mom!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
So now that we are over our Year of the Craziness, its time to play house hunting again.: We are looking at one tomorrow.
Good luck house huntin'

Quote:

So.........

34 weeks!
cute, cute belly!!

Quote:
Hi Stephanie. You'll love this board! Just jump right in, these are great ladies! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post

We got like 6-7 inches of snow dumped on us Tuesday night, and the wind. Oh my goodness the wind. Then last night, we dropped from a liveable -4 to -24 in like an hour and a half. I had to wrap poor Katie in 2 fleece pouches coming in from the truck because I didn't think to take her winter coat and all she had on was her fleece jacket. Poor kid.

Stay warm! Looks scary up there!

Quote:
ok - velcro baby syndrome today. needless to say, i haven't been very productive today and....we're ordering pizza tonight. no chance of cooking here. luckily we have a great pizza place that delivers.
YUM!! Pizza!! I miss my jalepeno/pineapple extra cheese pizza!
#748 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
What? brain issues? what brain issues? what brain?
heh, seriously.

Quote:
Good luck on the job front. I know how hard it is to break into the school district sometimes. And yuck on the ear infections....poor babies. Did they put them on atbx? I am always so torn with that.

And pregnancy brain...well, yeah. At this point it is just total chaos 5 kiddos brain.
Yes, he did. He also gave Caleb a steriod for the coughing, but I read the info sheet that came with it and the side effects stopped me. He told me that he would prescribe it and if the antibiotics didn't kick the cough, that he could have take the other medicine.

And I swear my brain 'recovered' faster with Caleb. , maybe it's because I only had one!
Quote:
WWYD?
Is he feeling any better? I'd probably just wait and see at that point.

Quote:

So.........

34 weeks!
Aww.

Quote:
Hi Stephanie! :

One more day and then it's the weekend! Yippee and a long one at that! My mom emailed me today and said she and my dad and grandparents are going to come up if that's ok. We had plans for Sun, but Jonathan is going to see if we can get out of them. I hope we can. It's rare for my grandparents to come to visit.
#749 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
: Pleased to meetcha!Hope you like it here as much as the rest of us do!!

Quote:
Apparently walking down the stairs is the funniest thing that has ever happened to Sam. Every morning when I bring her downstairs with me, she laughs hysterically the whole time we're walking down. She's easily amused.
Aw, this reminds me of DS...he used to think it was the funniest thing for one of us to carry him up the stairs while the other walked behind and watched his peek over our shoulder. Gotta love those babies!!

Quote:
Makeup: Haven't worn any in years. I think the last time I was wearing any I only wore mascara and that was when I was like, 19. So what, 5 years ago? (as of this month)
OK, seriously - I'm almost 10 years older then you? Ugh. : :

Quote:
I buy it separately so it's cheaper - actually it's like 1/2 what I used to pay for foundation because I used to have it custom-blended to be light enough :
Man, you ARE girly!

Quote:
Go go belly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Also, I want to chop off my hair. Like really short, but I have no idea what would look good on me. I want it to still look fairly girly but not take too much "do-ing" in the morning.
When I got mine chopped just before K was born, it was a couple inches below my chin, in very choppy layers and chunky highlights; all I had to do ws slap some gel in it and it looked great, spazzy or smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
I hope we can. It's rare for my grandparents to come to visit.
I hope you get your visit to come together!!

K was NOT happy today. She screamed every time I tried to hold her to go to sleep between about 10 am and 4pm....finally at 4pm she nursed to sleep for 40 minutes. I have no idea what was up - I don't think it's her ears, cause she was happy as a clam layign on the floor to play on her back, and she's zonked out right now on my lap...not a fun late morning/afternoon. Hopefully she'll sleep a while this evening then go right to bed for the night. I hate colds.

Guess I don't really have anything else - have a good night, ladies!

#750 of 1645 Old 01-11-2007, 09:00 PM

I just can't keep up with you all... and I only work 2x a week. I will try to stop in from time to time... but I think i'm gonna be silent for a while. You guys are killing me

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page