June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!! - Page 27 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#781 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i've been busy at work (and the full time job of trying to find a job...sigh...) just wanted to pop in and say 'hi' - been reading and viewing the pix - love 'em! the babes are so cute!!!

who was saying they need a new homeopathic kit? i've found that www.vitacost.com has the best prices/availability on homeopathics just in case you don't have a better source...

ange - did you say your new job prospect was +20k ?!?!?! wow girl! i'm still stuck in the apply/interview ad naseum phase...rrrgh...: for you too!

watching "high society" right now. gosh i "old" movies...

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#782 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post

My baby likes green peppers.

Amy, hearing about your mixed feelings coming up on Maggie's first birthday reminds me of my mom a bit. My older brother was born a few weeks prematurely, and he came out with the cord around his neck and blue and not breathing. It took a long time to revive him. He's 31 now, and she still gets teary when she talks about it. She describes the scene vividly. She was screaming and my dad fell to his knees and said the Hail Mary over and over again and then he finally took his first breath. It's weird, she's still always scared for him when he travels or surfs or anything.

Sorry to not offer much comfort on that one. You just made me think more about how this must have affected my mom on a day-to-day basis. And after that, she had fertility problems. That's why they adopted me. Reading about fertility has made me see what my mom went through there as well. I just learn so much from this group.

Well, I hope you all have a nice day!
Hiya!

I wrote a few journal entries about Sam's birth, and one of the most vivid thoughts for me is that at this point in time, I know that I will always watch her just a little more closely than my other kids, only because I know how close I came to not getting to see her grow up.

Oy. I need therapy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
I am trying something new and dancing with a baby or doing a chore instead of posting on this thread. So far, so good. A baby likes booty bass. I am well represented in my sprawling empire of other online properties if anyone needs me.
I need to do homework instead of spending time online. You see how well that's working for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
no you're not. And its good to know that someone else still has those feelings even 30 years later- I dont mean good but understands. Give your parents a big hug for me!

We might put an offer on a house today...to be continued
Woohoo!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#783 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
i've been busy at work (and the full time job of trying to find a job...sigh...) just wanted to pop in and say 'hi' - been reading and viewing the pix - love 'em! the babes are so cute!!!

who was saying they need a new homeopathic kit? i've found that www.vitacost.com has the best prices/availability on homeopathics just in case you don't have a better source...

ange - did you say your new job prospect was +20k ?!?!?! wow girl! i'm still stuck in the apply/interview ad naseum phase...rrrgh...: for you too!

GL on the job search. It was me who was looking for some homeopathics. Thanks for the link. I think I'm gonna try jumping into the next Frontier Coop for them but I guess it depends which place has the better price.

Movie night for me too now that the kids are in bed. Gonna watch You, Me, and Dupree. I hope it's funny.

Candice - HEY! Great pics on the blog. I enjoy reading it too. The girls are lovely.
#784 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
GL on the job search. It was me who was looking for some homeopathics. Thanks for the link. I think I'm gonna try jumping into the next Frontier Coop for them but I guess it depends which place has the better price.

Movie night for me too now that the kids are in bed. Gonna watch You, Me, and Dupree. I hope it's funny.

Candice - HEY! Great pics on the blog. I enjoy reading it too. The girls are lovely.
lisa - i did a unfi co-op for awile and vitacost was still cheaper...don't know about frontier though...

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#785 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Marlow is so cute!!

mama and still adorable. Old pic of C. He loved laundry baskets too....

And again

J is not into the laundry basket.... :
Cute Basket Boy!!

Quote:
Kelly~ So so sorry about JC! Poor babe! J is waking up and crawling in the middle of the night. And has gotten REALLY close to the edge (must put that second gate up on dh's side) but so far we have managed to catch him. I know it is only a matter of time... Driving me nuts cause I have to wrestle him back to the bed and figure out where he is before I can go back to sleep myself. SOO tired. And since C hasn't been feeling good he has been with us most nights this week as well. Really need to upload those pics of them sleeping together but they are still in the camera...

That's right your hair is short right now... And it was on your blog... Hee hee... I think I looked at it before I "knew" you :

Lisa mentioning that pizza just made me : J is doing okay with me having what little comes in foods that don't identify it, but still avoiding cheese... Last night I was all sad because I had a burger from chili's and it was cheese-less. Man, that cheese would have been good on it... I'm hoping I can try to have some again soon but putting it off as long as possible....
Yes, it was on my blog And pizza sounds good I really don't miss having a burger, and thank God for that, cuz I'd really miss the cheese!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
I did it!
How sweet of you

Quote:
Oops! Sorry! :

I'm getting alot accomplished today! So far I've cleaned the bathroom, the kitchen, swept all floors, washed some dipes, and started cleaning the computer room. Which, I've already dusted. Go me! Next is finishing lunch, cleaning the windows, and vacuuming. AND, at some point I plan on walking to the movie store and p.o buuuut for now, I must dance with Marley!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!
Wow, cleaning machine!! Would you like to come over

Quote:
Thank you and Thank you! I love being Loved! :

Oh, I meet with someone regarding that job on Monday... We shall see how for real they are...
Of course you're loved lady!! And can't wait to hear all about this new job opportunity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post

I just chopped off 6 inches off my hair in the back it's stacked and angles to the front sweeping bangs. I'm off to get the kids then to the dentist for cleanings. check back later!
Sounds really cute! Got a pic? ACK, I need to go to the dentist to for a cleaning, its been ages!

Quote:

Amy, hearing about your mixed feelings coming up on Maggie's first birthday reminds me of my mom a bit. My older brother was born a few weeks prematurely, and he came out with the cord around his neck and blue and not breathing. It took a long time to revive him. He's 31 now, and she still gets teary when she talks about it. She describes the scene vividly. She was screaming and my dad fell to his knees and said the Hail Mary over and over again and then he finally took his first breath. It's weird, she's still always scared for him when he travels or surfs or anything.

Sorry to not offer much comfort on that one. You just made me think more about how this must have affected my mom on a day-to-day basis. And after that, she had fertility problems. That's why they adopted me. Reading about fertility has made me see what my mom went through there as well. I just learn so much from this group.

Well, I hope you all have a nice day!
Green peppers? That sounds super scary for your Mom! I can understand the trepidation. Hows studying for the Bar going?

Quote:
Not at all... Great pics at the blog by the way....:
Oh, ya, that too. Love the one of Tania in the snow holding the snowball. How long did it take y'all to write her name in the snow? Thats so cool!

Quote:
I am trying something new and dancing with a baby or doing a chore instead of posting on this thread. So far, so good. A baby likes booty bass. I am well represented in my sprawling empire of other online properties if anyone needs me.
I love it!! Your baby's a rump shaker!

Quote:

Details, details, whats it look like? got pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
Thank you. My sister embroidered the onesie but the pants and hat are from the gap.

Poor JC! I'm glad he is feeling better.

Lee can make some awesome vegan muffins. They are super moist. I like them better than any other muffin around!
The outfit is super cute! your sister is very talented! Thanks, he doesn't even remember what happened, but I do

And YUM! got a recipe?
#786 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 01:59 AM

Quote:

Good Luck with the job search. I'll be : for ya! Is Grace Kelly in "High Society"? Is it the one where she's supposed to be getting married in a few days and she falls for a journalist thats there to do a write up on the wedding? Or am I completely making that up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Hiya!

I wrote a few journal entries about Sam's birth, and one of the most vivid thoughts for me is that at this point in time, I know that I will always watch her just a little more closely than my other kids, only because I know how close I came to not getting to see her grow up.

Oy. I need therapy.

I need to do homework instead of spending time online. You see how well that's working for me?

Journaling is awesome! And very therapuetic. : And homework-shmowork
#787 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
Good Luck with the job search. I'll be : for ya! Is Grace Kelly in "High Society"? Is it the one where she's supposed to be getting married in a few days and she falls for a journalist thats there to do a write up on the wedding? Or am I completely making that up?

Journaling is awesome! And very therapuetic. : And homework-shmowork

Good movie! and good luck with the job hunt!

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#788 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 03:56 AM

Kelly - I'll post a pic when I figure out how to down load photos and get whem here! I am not very good with computer skills. If any one can tell he how pm me! please,thank you!

Olivia has the teeth of a piaranna she is bitting me!!!!!!!!!!!! make it stop!

Sorry to hear that jc fell off the bed. We have only had the doorway incident.

#789 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I just chopped off 6 inches off my hair in the back it's stacked and angles to the front sweeping bangs.
That sounds really cute, love to see it~

Quote:

My 3-yo has LOVED bell peppers since he was about 8 months old. I have a picture of him comping one because nobody believed me. He could eat a whole one in one sitting now...then again, so could I.

Quote:
A baby likes booty bass.
Great. Now guess what I have running through my head now: "I like big.....butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a girls walking in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get.....SPRUNG" Ahhhhh, how can you not love some good old Sir Mix-A-Lot?

Quote:
Yes, please continue!

Quote:
Ok, so add us to the "Fall off the bed" club
Us too. I was getting clothes pulled to pack for this weekend (yes, we are trying another trip, but this time it's MUCH shorter and we're driving during DAYLIGHT hours - to hopefully avoid the trauma of last time. And I will turn around the second she starts crying. Shudder.) Anyway, she was in the middle of the bed, playing with a fish shaped teether, I turned to grab jeans and socks out of my drawer, and before I could turn around again, THUNK. Man, she's quick. She's fine, though, like all our babes have been. Oh, and I'm really sorry about the cheese. Ick.

Quote:

: to Ange, and : to loving old movies, too! And good luck on your search, too!

Quote:
Is it the one where she's supposed to be getting married in a few days and she falls for a journalist thats there to do a write up on the wedding? Or am I completely making that up?
Yep! A musical remake of "The Philadelphia Story" (Hepburn/Stewart/Grant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingKara View Post
I fully expect today to be a stay in our jammies and eat cereal for dinner kind of day : Luckily, my daugher thinks those are the best kind of days
I love Breakfast For Dinner days

Korin, I'm so glad to hear that Ruby's sleep is evening out. Seems as though mine is now getting more unpredictable. lol

I love all our laundry basket babies, mine is one, too!

I had K in hysterics yesterday with her on my hip, "ballroom" dancing with her :

On the carrier - SO easy to get her into and out of it - SO comfortable on my body - really well made, and so purty. I took it out of the mailer, put her in it, and did 30 min of cleaning and packing with zero problems. Then did another 30 min later after dinner during wind down time. She just sat back there, happy as a clam. I love this thing. I'll try to get a picture this weekend in it and post. I probably won't be around until Monday; we're trying to get to my parents' house, then to my Goddaughter's 2nd Bday party in NYC on Sunday. If we can make it to my parents' house, all will be good - and I'm hoping since it's daytime, we will. I was out with the kids during the day last week for about 45 min, and she fell asleep in the car. Whew. So, that's a good sign, and points to her fearing a dark car, too (poor little girl) - weird though because she's not otherwise afraid of the dark...it's got to be something to do with the darkness and the motion combined.

Anyhoo - everyone is asleep, and I'm here, when I probably should be sleeping, too....so I think I shall. Ta ta!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#790 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
That sounds really cute, love to see it~
thanks!
Great. Now guess what I have running through my head now: "I like big.....butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a girls walking in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get.....SPRUNG" Ahhhhh, how can you not love some good old Sir Mix-A-Lot?

laughup You just couldn't resist could you!!!

#791 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
On the carrier - SO easy to get her into and out of it - SO comfortable on my body - really well made, and so purty. I took it out of the mailer, put her in it, and did 30 min of cleaning and packing with zero problems. Then did another 30 min later after dinner during wind down time. She just sat back there, happy as a clam. I love this thing. I'll try to get a picture this weekend in it and post. I probably won't be around until Monday; we're trying to get to my parents' house, then to my Goddaughter's 2nd Bday party in NYC on Sunday. If we can make it to my parents' house, all will be good - and I'm hoping since it's daytime, we will. I was out with the kids during the day last week for about 45 min, and she fell asleep in the car. Whew. So, that's a good sign, and points to her fearing a dark car, too (poor little girl) - weird though because she's not otherwise afraid of the dark...it's got to be something to do with the darkness and the motion combined.
Yay for awesome carriers! I'm just lovin the new Ergo. Walked around town with him in it yesterday and didn't hurt my back at all.

Poor J.C Elijah fell off the bed a few days ago. It sucked so bad. We have hardwood floors is it was a really loud thud...and then of course the screaming..:

I think the worst fall was when Marley was a babe. Stupid me. It was my fault. She was only a few months old, maybe 4 or so, and was cooking dinner so I thought she would be happy if she could be up and see me. Well our washer/dryer were in the kitchen so I took her bouncy chair, put it on the washer, and put her in it. She wasn't really bouncing in it yet because she was just a few months old so I thought it would be fine and I put it all the way back. WELL...I start cooking, she's happy, and a few minutes later...WHAM!! I turn around and she's laying face down on the kitchen floor. I freaked out. Matt came running in. I was in tears rocking her back and forth. She's screaming....Ugh. It was seriously the worst thing. I can still see her little body face down. It took a long time for me to get it out of my head. I just kept imagining her falling from way up there. How stupid was I, right? Needless to say I didn't know much about babywearing when she was a babe. I wish I had.

I think the pp shedding is pretty much gone. I hair some hairs come out in the shower but not tons. Just a few. SO glad that's over. It was disgusting waking up with a bed full of hair and pulling out wads and wads in the shower. Anyone else's go away? Lindsey didn't you have some a little too?
#792 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Yes! Let us know how the house search comes along! Good Luck!

Quote:

I'm doing monster work stuff and job search too! So totally understand! Thanks for coming through with the websites/links for folks though! Always good to see you... I told ya, you calm me down. :

And yes! 20k more??? I told you though, it has got to be too good to be true! I meet with them on Monday. Definitely keep me in your prayers for that one... 20k more and a 10-15 minute commute? ka-ching! (sorry, too much Cars movie at my house... )

Quote:
I think the pp shedding is pretty much gone. I hair some hairs come out in the shower but not tons. Just a few. SO glad that's over. It was disgusting waking up with a bed full of hair and pulling out wads and wads in the shower. Anyone else's go away? Lindsey didn't you have some a little too?
Mine has slowed down a great deal but because of my hair being locked, it weakened quite a few of my locks and so now am recovering from it. I think it is going to take me another year to be where it was before the postpartum shed... My hair is actually not the best hair for locking (long curl pattern translates to "not nappy enough" )so it takes it a while to catch... I've got to redo a bunch in the front and back along my hair line....

Heather, can't wait to see pics of this carrier. J is just getting too heavy to do in my old sling and I really can't stand pushing that stroller all over so really thinking about it... And yes, Sir-Mix-a-Lot rocked!

The Consumer Reports thing on car seats is freaking me out now. Any recommendations on the next car seat for J? He is still in the bucket (thank G-d we have a snug ride I guess, huh?) but he seems kind of squished in there some days. he is broader than his brother was....So I think I am going to have to have him transition a little bit early...

Since we are doing fish on Fridays, J has been getting some every Friday and really loves it! Starts screaming when I don't feed him fast enough. Yeah for fish! So last night he had himself some salmon : (We try to stick to low mercury fishes...) Still reintroducing the fruits though....

Anywho, got some work to do. Ya'll have great weekends! I'll let you know how the meeting with this guy goes on Monday....

Oh! Love you Sarah! (Just thought I would throw that in there since I saw you post)

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#793 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 01:13 PM

Oh! Hi Nicole too! It's good to see ya too!

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#794 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 01:28 PM

Leighanne - your website is the cheapest. I just checked Frontier and they're 3.30. Yours are 3.19.
#795 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 03:41 PM

Heather, you are a menace. Now that's in my head! We've also been dancing around to stuff like this (free podcast). Good for the ol' rump.

I am borrowing an ergo. Like it so far, but I feel like she's still a little small to get on my back easily. But it's only been a day. I have my eye on one of these: http://edenbabycarrier.com/. But I have to rid myself of one I already have to justify this. The straps on the Beco look better than the straps on the ergo. hmmm. another reason not to go online. I don't need to spend money!

She's sleeping in the sidecarred crib now. Let's see how long this lasts. I ended up getting an organic mattress and bedding from Naturepedic, btw, and I was really happy with the quality and their customer service.
#796 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I think the worst fall was when Marley was a babe. Stupid me. It was my fault. She was only a few months old, maybe 4 or so, and was cooking dinner so I thought she would be happy if she could be up and see me. Well our washer/dryer were in the kitchen so I took her bouncy chair, put it on the washer, and put her in it. She wasn't really bouncing in it yet because she was just a few months old so I thought it would be fine and I put it all the way back. WELL...I start cooking, she's happy, and a few minutes later...WHAM!! I turn around and she's laying face down on the kitchen floor. I freaked out. Matt came running in. I was in tears rocking her back and forth. She's screaming....Ugh. It was seriously the worst thing. I can still see her little body face down. It took a long time for me to get it out of my head. I just kept imagining her falling from way up there. How stupid was I, right? Needless to say I didn't know much about babywearing when she was a babe. I wish I had.

UGH, Lisa, Im so sorry! That must have been so traumatic for you guys! I know, I still can't get the image of seeing his little body flat on his back on the floor. It makes my stomach turn.

Still shedding a bit here too. Not so much as before, but definetly not back to normal.

Quote:
laughup You just couldn't resist could you!!!
If she didn't do it, I would have You can't let a gem like that pass by

Quote:
My 3-yo has LOVED bell peppers since he was about 8 months old. I have a picture of him comping one because nobody believed me. He could eat a whole one in one sitting now...then again, so could I.
Us too. I was getting clothes pulled to pack for this weekend (yes, we are trying another trip, but this time it's MUCH shorter and we're driving during DAYLIGHT hours - to hopefully avoid the trauma of last time. And I will turn around the second she starts crying. Shudder.) Anyway, she was in the middle of the bed, playing with a fish shaped teether, I turned to grab jeans and socks out of my drawer, and before I could turn around again, THUNK. Man, she's quick. She's fine, though, like all our babes have been. Oh, and I'm really sorry about the cheese. Ick.

On the carrier - SO easy to get her into and out of it - SO comfortable on my body - !
Carson loves green peppers too!! She can eat one like an apple!

Oh, poor baby! And poor mama! its an awful feeling! ACCKK! I guess this is the age that they all do that at, cuz I think almost all of us have had this happen:

I know you've said, but what carrier do you have? I got a Moby D, but ended up selling it, cuz he just felt too heavy for it. It was uncomfortable for me, I think cuz Im so short. I use my maya pouch and hipcarry him, but I'd love something for the back. Keep in mind Im only 4'11" and he's already a fourth of my height!

Quote:
Kelly - I'll post a pic when I figure out how to down load photos and get whem here! I am not very good with computer skills. If any one can tell he how pm me! please,thank you!

Olivia has the teeth of a piaranna she is bitting me!!!!!!!!!!!! make it stop!

Sorry to hear that jc fell off the bed. We have only had the doorway incident.
What doorway incident? Did I miss something? Is she ok? And oohhh pirhanna teeth, OUCH! They remind me of puppy teeth, yk, they're sooo sharp!

pm'ing you about the pic post thingy

Quote:
ka-ching! (sorry, too much Cars movie at my house... )

My hair is actually not the best hair for locking (long curl pattern translates to "not nappy enough"

The Consumer Reports thing on car seats is freaking me out now.

Since we are doing fish on Fridays, J has been getting some every Friday and really loves it! )
Love the Cars movie!! We went to see it in the theater and I must admit, I got a little verklempt at the end Ok, enough laughing, it was touching!

you crack me up about your hair!! Do you have a recent pic of it?

Ok, someone please educate me on the consumer reports on car seats. We're gonna need a new one for J.C soon. Both of the girls are in the convertible ones that go up to 100lbs. I won't put them in boosters (with just the seatbelt holding them in) cuz I think its not safe. Plus Kya weighs all of 30lbs at 4 and Carson weighs 25lbs at 2. So they've got a long way in the seats they've got! We joke that Kya will be taking her carseat w/ her on her first date. : And she'll have to sit in the back

And thats cool that he likes fish. You're gonna have some healthy boys there! My parents didn't eat alot of fish, so I never "grew" to like it. And since we've gone veggie again, the point is moot or as my husband says, quoting Joey on Friends, "the point is moo, like a cows opinon, it doesn't matter"!
#797 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Love the Cars movie!! We went to see it in the theater and I must admit, I got a little verklempt at the end Ok, enough laughing, it was touching!

you crack me up about your hair!! Do you have a recent pic of it?

Ok, someone please educate me on the consumer reports on car seats. We're gonna need a new one for J.C soon. Both of the girls are in the convertible ones that go up to 100lbs. I won't put them in boosters (with just the seatbelt holding them in) cuz I think its not safe. Plus Kya weighs all of 30lbs at 4 and Carson weighs 25lbs at 2. So they've got a long way in the seats they've got! We joke that Kya will be taking her carseat w/ her on her first date. : And she'll have to sit in the back

And thats cool that he likes fish. You're gonna have some healthy boys there! My parents didn't eat alot of fish, so I never "grew" to like it. And since we've gone veggie again, the point is moot or as my husband says, quoting Joey on Friends, "the point is moo, like a cows opinon, it doesn't matter"!
Christian totally cheered at the end of cars. It was too cute. I even caught a pic. will post at some point, you know, when it gets out of the camera.

HA! I don't get in pictures... I'll see what I can do...

I saw the Consumer Reports story on yahoo yesterday (and heard it on the radio day before) but here's what came up in a search I actually get CR but, um, guess I haven't read that magazine yet. Anyone else get magazines that just sit around the house and don't get read?

C is only 30 lbs too... So who is going to drive them on their first date cause C's gotta take his car seat to college with him :

#798 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 03:59 PM

Dancing... Katie loves to dance. I'm thinging about signing up for a salsa babies class. Read more s
Sounds like fun.

Still in the throes of teething here. With the necklace, and Hylands tablets she still screams bloody murder. So she's getting a small dose of motrin before bedtime and once in the morning. Oh and she took no naps yesterday. That's right, zero. : But she did sleep in 4 hour blocks after she went to bed until the medicine started to wear off. She's now attacking one of my dining room chairs. Oy.

Carseats, Katie is in a big seat already, a Sunshine Kids Radian. I'm very happy with it.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#799 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 04:03 PM

*le sigh* this is OT but I have to come to my DCC to talk. I didnt feel like starting a new thread just to talk to the girls. I have been feeling down in the dumps for the last week. I dont know why maybe I am getting burned out. My usualy energy is on vacation and took my AR/OCD clean freak with it. My house is in disarray, the bathroom is hairy, the kitchen floor is crumby, the bedroom needs to be picked up etc. I just go about my days in a trance. I love my ds but he is driving me nutzo being so damn clingy, I need some hubby time and I can get this baby off my boob to save my life, he wont sleep in his side car crib only in the middle of the bed. If we didnt have a stupid smelly roomate we could go dtd in other rooms but we have a stupid smelly roomate. Gawd I cant wait to have a home of our own but it wont be for another year unless I get a job that pays twice what day care would cost. I guess I could work this summer at night when dh is home so that he can watch ds. ack I dont know. I start classes on the 16th and I still havent gotten a good milk supply worked up nor meet the women that I am trading day care with, or situated my payment plan, found my classes locations or have a single book for any classes. I am not even motivated enough to get dresses I have to force my self to do this. Maybe I ned to go pump and leave ds at home and go grocery shopping myself today, get away from the constant needyness (is that a word). This goes for dh to. Its like everytime I turn around someone needs me, needs me to thread the serger, needs me to feed them, needs me to clean up after them, needs me to wipe their @$$.. I wanna scream and run away. I NEED a break.

I just NEED to vent, sorry about breaking the groove you are about the only women I can talk to who wont tell me mainstreem crapola.
#800 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I am borrowing an ergo. Like it so far, but I feel like she's still a little small to get on my back easily. But it's only been a day. I have my eye on one of these: http://edenbabycarrier.com/. But I have to rid myself of one I already have to justify this. The straps on the Beco look better than the straps on the ergo. hmmm. another reason not to go online. I don't need to spend money!

She's sleeping in the sidecarred crib now. Let's see how long this lasts. I ended up getting an organic mattress and bedding from Naturepedic, btw, and I was really happy with the quality and their customer service.
I LOVE that site w/ the Mei Tai's!! Now I've got my eye on one too. I never thought the mei tai would work for me, cuz I've only seen them tied in front across the boobs, and mine are too big for that mess! But they had different ties, so now I want one!! How do like the crib sidecarred? We love it, but he still seems to sleep on the bed w/ us.

Quote:
HA! I don't get in pictures... I'll see what I can do...

Anyone else get magazines that just sit around the house and don't get read?

C is only 30 lbs too... So who is going to drive them on their first date cause C's gotta take his car seat to college with him :
Yea, Im usually the one taking the photos! And Im guilty of not reading mags I get. My mom got me a subscription of Parents or Parenting, not sure which one, and it actually hangs out it in the plastic it comes in till I finally open it, usually after I get the next months And it looks like one of us will have to drive them on their first date cuz they'll both have to ride in the back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Dancing... Katie loves to dance. I'm thinging about signing up for a salsa babies class. .

Still in the throes of teething here. Carseats,
Baby salsa classes! Now thats cool! Hugs for little Katie, poor baby. Try warming up the necklace with your hands or putting near a lamp to warm up (not too hot, obviously) and it works better. Does she wear it all the time? We never take it off him.
#801 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikiamber View Post
*le sigh* this is OT but I have to come to my DCC to talk. I didnt feel like starting a new thread just to talk to the girls. I have been feeling down in the dumps for the last week. I dont know why maybe I am getting burned out. My usualy energy is on vacation and took my AR/OCD clean freak with it. My house is in disarray, the bathroom is hairy, the kitchen floor is crumby, the bedroom needs to be picked up etc. I just go about my days in a trance. I love my ds but he is driving me nutzo being so damn clingy, I need some hubby time and I can get this baby off my boob to save my life, he wont sleep in his side car crib only in the middle of the bed. If we didnt have a stupid smelly roomate we could go dtd in other rooms but we have a stupid smelly roomate. Gawd I cant wait to have a home of our own but it wont be for another year unless I get a job that pays twice what day care would cost. I guess I could work this summer at night when dh is home so that he can watch ds. ack I dont know. I start classes on the 16th and I still havent gotten a good milk supply worked up nor meet the women that I am trading day care with, or situated my payment plan, found my classes locations or have a single book for any classes. I am not even motivated enough to get dresses I have to force my self to do this. Maybe I ned to go pump and leave ds at home and go grocery shopping myself today, get away from the constant needyness (is that a word). This goes for dh to. Its like everytime I turn around someone needs me, needs me to thread the serger, needs me to feed them, needs me to clean up after them, needs me to wipe their @$$.. I wanna scream and run away. I NEED a break.

I just NEED to vent, sorry about breaking the groove you are about the only women I can talk to who wont tell me mainstreem crapola.
Oh honey! Big Big hugs! Sounds like some serious burn out! See if you can't get yourself a break and take it out of the home! Cuz if you think you're gonna go take a minute to yourself and take a bubble bath, you will be interrupted! Go shopping by yourself, even if its just to the grocery store. I remember when I was feeling totally burnt out when #2 was a babe and I went to the store by myself, it felt soooo good. I be bopped around that store, almost dancing in the aisles like I was in a club! Hope it gets better hon. Sounds like you really need a little "you" time!
#802 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:

Sweetie, you do need a break! Big Seriously though, do what Kelly suggested. Getting out of the house on your own may be just what you need. I remember going to Target to get a cd for ME was just a great fabulous trip and felt much better. Heck when you get clingy babe, even having dh take babe for an hour to allow you to put on some music and clean a room in peace feels good! RE: couple time, in the first year, we forget that so much! Is there no one you can trust to watch DS for a couple hours so you can just spend time with your hubby? If not, really try putting the babe asleep early one night so you can just reconnect by talking/hanging out. Or once the babe is finally asleep, wake your dh up! Seriously, he won't complain Just ask my husband... : It makes all the difference in the world. Hang in there mama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Dancing... Katie loves to dance. I'm thinging about signing up for a salsa babies class. Read more s
Sounds like fun.

Still in the throes of teething here. With the necklace, and Hylands tablets she still screams bloody murder. So she's getting a small dose of motrin before bedtime and once in the morning. Oh and she took no naps yesterday. That's right, zero. : But she did sleep in 4 hour blocks after she went to bed until the medicine started to wear off. She's now attacking one of my dining room chairs. Oy.

Carseats, Katie is in a big seat already, a Sunshine Kids Radian. I'm very happy with it.
That does sound like fun! I dance with the boys around the house all the time. It's so great! :

And teething bites. Pun intended. : Little puppy teeth hurt when they chomp down on tender flesh.... The only thing is, it is such a small part of their time.... Just think a few months and we go to a totally different thing.

Leigh-Anne, Mikey looks like such a big boy! J is finally changing his looks again too. Man, it has gone by so quick....

#803 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Baby salsa classes! Now thats cool! Hugs for little Katie, poor baby. Try warming up the necklace with your hands or putting near a lamp to warm up (not too hot, obviously) and it works better. Does she wear it all the time? We never take it off him.
I've had a necklace on her for a while. I was taking it off at night, but I got a new one with a screw clasp instead of a lobster claw and I like that better, so she's been wearing it the last 3 nights. I think I'm going to try warming it up. She's in a good mood most of the time, but when she starts to get sleepy she just falls apart and screams until I give her something else to help with the pain. Nap times, hylands gel works, but night time it doesnt seem to be enough.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#804 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Riki- I have btst to some extent. I agree, you need a break even if its going to the grocery alone or something do it in the next 12 hours. The stress you have will hurt your milk supply too.

As far as the house. Its a 5 bedroom 3 bath on a decent lot with a 2.5 car garage like we have now. It was a small ranch with a huge addition on top so the master is huge w a decent bath. Also two other bedrooms and a full bath. And 2 bedrooms on the main floor w a full bath. An unfinished bsmt finishes it off in a kid infested neighborhood. We will only move for a master bath, and bigger kitchen and kid oriented neighborhood. It needs work like a new kitchen and 3 new bathrooms. Which we have done before so we can do it. We put in a bid and we are now at standstill off by 10K.

We actually saw it the week before Maggie was born last year and it was priced 50K more than the list now. Its been sitting. The owner had the place looking like it should be on clean sweep when we first saw it last year. She had a bsmt full of stuff crammed to the ceiling, 4 rooms crammed, a living room crammed of furniture and the tv blaring and she was present during the showing AND following us around talking and talking. Needless to say we left after 10 minutes. Well my friend/realtor told me her office got it last week and to check it out. The listing agent got her to clean it out and WOW! I brought Bob back yesterday and we put in the offer last night 35K under and they came back 5K under list, I went up 5K and they came down 5K. We are at 10K difference.
So I will let her sit for a week and I know she will call us back. I told the agent we will sign the papers for our price tomorrow. We have finacing and this home we took apart and put back together will be sold within days. So as you all know how I am, I will not budge. Besides there is always another home to be had.....so thats my story so far.:

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#805 of 1645 Old 01-13-2007, 11:13 PM

Sounds awesome Amy! Good luck!

#806 of 1645 Old 01-14-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Awe hun, I'm so sorry. The Velcro babies can be draining! And it's equally frustrating when you really want/need to get something done, and just can't. BTDT (and am still there ). Definitely get some alone time. heck, a walk around the block (if it's not too cold where you are) could even be refreshing! Is there a friend nearby you could go visit with for a while, just to get out of the house? Even with the little one? Or, when your DH gets home, hand him the baby, tell him there's milk in the fridge and leave for a little while.

Believe me, I'm sure y'all will hear your fair share of venting from me in a few weeks when I'm trying to constantly nurse Jackson, keep Samantha from eating everything in sight, keep my house above health code, work on my schoolwork, and make a little income. Then again, I probably won't have time to vent.

Hang in there! I wish we all lived close together so that we could help each other out! I'd totally watch babes while y'all got your much needed mama time!

Quote:
So I will let her sit for a week and I know she will call us back. I told the agent we will sign the papers for our price tomorrow. We have finacing and this home we took apart and put back together will be sold within days. So as you all know how I am, I will not budge. Besides there is always another home to be had.....so thats my story so far.:
Sounds fantastic! And BIG! I know Brad eventually would love to have a 5 bedroom house. He really wants the kids to each have their own room, but with 4 kids, that's not gonna happen for a while.

Keeping fingers crossed that it all goes your way!

Samantha spent the night with my parents last night. Brad and I had a gala event to go to, and I had found a sitter, but then my mom called and asked if she could watch her, so I said sure. My parents didn't get to spend much time with my niece when she was a baby, and missed the baby stage with DDs1&2 (for obvious reasons) so they're psyched to have a baby around again. So I took Sam up to their house around 3:30 yesterday, and then Brad and I went out to our event. We were thinking we'd get one night of sleep in before Jackson arrives.

Yeah, that didn't happen so much for me. I kept waking up and listening for Sam, or Victoria, or Sydney, and of course heard nothing since it's not our weekend. My house was kidless . I ended up going in to Victoria and Sydney's room in the middle of the night, and I laid on DD1's bed while I held DD2's stuffed animal and smelled DD3's blanket. Brad came to find me shortly thereafter, kissed me and said, "you're such a mom. Bring their stuff to bed with us." He's a keeper. :

When I got to my parent's house this afternoon, my dad said they put her to bed in the pack-and-play which had been set up beside their bed, but she started fussing around 8:15, so my mom brought her to bed with them. Sam slept in between my parents all night. Apparently co-sleeping lasts forever, just with different generations! My parents were so glad to get to spend time with her, and kept going on and on about how much of a joy it is to be around her, and how wonderful it is that I "let" them watch her.

The best part was that when I walked in to my parent's house, Sam saw me, gave a big huge grin, squealed, and practically jumped off my mom's lap to get to me, and then sat on my lap for the next half hour stroking my cheek and grinning. I don't think I'll be spending a night away from her for a while. it was just too hard. It's bad enough that I only get to see my oldest kids part time. I don't need my little one gone too!

Oh, and my dad had a blast giving her some sweet potato at dinner tonight. She ate half of one! I was amazed she ate so much, since she'd just had a full bottle, but she was chowing down. They're on sale at our grocery store right now, so I'll go get some on monday and slice 'em up and freeze 'em for her so they don't go bad.

Alright, I'm done rambling. Off to bed with me! My baby is home, and curled up asleep, and all is right in my world.

Night ladies!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#807 of 1645 Old 01-14-2007, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Actaully our plans are if we get the 5 bedroom house is to knock out the main floor bedrooms. We will probably knock out the front bedroom and have a larger living room area. The back bedroom on the main floor would be an office or something of the sort. But the kitchen would be updated and the walls would be knocked out of there too. We would even consider going out the back of the kitchen a few feet. We shall see..

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#808 of 1645 Old 01-14-2007, 04:03 AM

Quote:
The house sounds awesome!! And huge! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
I ended up going in to Victoria and Sydney's room in the middle of the night, and I laid on DD1's bed while I held DD2's stuffed animal and smelled DD3's blanket. Brad came to find me shortly thereafter, kissed me and said, "you're such a mom. Bring their stuff to bed with us." Apparently co-sleeping lasts forever, just with different generations!
The best part was that when I walked in to my parent's house, Sam saw me, gave a big huge grin, squealed, !
You're too cute! And Brad is such a sweetie. I miss the girls so much when they stay with my inlaws for a weekend. And the inlaws cosleep with them too! I think thats so great! Glad you guys had a great time at your Gala Event. Did you get any pics of you guys all fancied up?
#809 of 1645 Old 01-14-2007, 12:24 PM

Nope, no pics. We ran out the door to get to the event, and then forgot to bring the camera to ask someone to take out picture. Oh well.

#810 of 1645 Old 01-14-2007, 04:07 PM

I can't believe it!! We're on the 2nd page and it noon!! Where is everyone? :

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend and enjoy a day off tomorrow for Martin Luther Kings Day.

We were over a friends house yesterday for her daughters birthday, then we stayed to watch the N.O Saints v. Philly Eagles game and THE SAINTS WON!!!!!!!!! :

As you can tell we're Saints fans and this is a historical event since this is the first time in the 40 year history of the team that they've even been in an NFC South Championship game, let alone winning it!!! Its very exciting! Especially since N.O had such a horrible year last year and is still trying to recover from Katrina. Now we just have to wait and see who wins today between Seattle and Chicago Bears. If we make it to the Super Bowl I think the city of N.O will be soooo crazy!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page