June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As Meg would say, holy cats! A girl leave for her break and comes back to a solid page (and I have my view set at 50!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
It feels like velcro!

Like I can walk around with small stuffed animals on my head and they wouldn't go anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingKara View Post
OKay, I have some decluttering to do
I have been feeling that bug, feeling like we just have too much stuff we don't need - just ahve to get DH on board, he's from a family of hoarders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
I just wanted to pop in and say HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone and hope the babes are all doing well. And hope you all had fantastic holidays.
Happy New Year, Lisa!! Hope your family is well, and hope to see you peek in sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
So back at work... back on MDC regularly... : back with my pump..... :
, ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Good idea - yes - I do most of the grocery shopping so I'll have to make more of an effort to buy only healthy things (I guess the problem is sometimes I'll buy something unhealthy, like cookies or whatever, for a treat, since I know I can just have one once in a while - but he will eat the whole bag if they're around!)
Another idea: When you do buy treats, as soon as you get them home portion them out into single servings, so he'd have to "work" to have more than just a small treat. I once made a package of M&Ms last 2 weeks doing that...a feat previously unheard of in this household.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
So... nasty mom milestone yesterday: I was a DORK and laid Nevie on the bed at my parents' house to nap. She fell off the bed a while later. Ugh. Worst feeling EVER. .
I was *THIS* close to joining you on that one last week, hon...only be sheer dumb luck did I peek in the bedroom and see little skooch at the edge of the bed, getting geared up to roll one more time. I have a monitor in the room and she usually chit chats a little when she wakes up, but this time she was silent on me and didn't let me know she was awake. I dove onto the bed and caught her leg just as she was about to go over. New nap routine: put the mattress from her portable crib on the floor and nurse her there, then do the old unlatch and sneak off.

And congrats on your applications!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
I posted a picture of the fleece I used for my new pouch on my blog. It's the "Jes" link.
Wish I could have found some fleece like that instead of winding up with my "seizure poncho"

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#122 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 03:14 PM

Oh...and I was so inspired by you "primping" mamas, that not only did I shave in the shower today, I used the pumice stone on my gnarly feet, I put moisturizer on my face, AND I put gel in my hair! What a priss!

#123 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Katie has been terrorizing my parents' poor cat. He's an amazing cat. He's a big fluffy orange thing, and he's the sweetest cat I've ever met. She pulls his hair and he snuggles closer and purrs, she yanks on his ears and he purrs harder. I try to keep her hand off him so she can't pull his hair and he pushes my hand out of the way so she can get to him. It cracks me up. And when he's finally had enough mauling, he just jumps down and walks away.
Marlow terrorizes our cat too and he loves her! She can even put her fingers in his mouth. I just worry about what she'll do to another cat someday thinking that all cats are so gentle.
#124 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
Oh...and I was so inspired by you "primping" mamas, that not only did I shave in the shower today, I used the pumice stone on my gnarly feet, I put moisturizer on my face, AND I put gel in my hair! What a priss!
Yeah I also shaved in the shower because of these primping mamas! I told DH that I may start plucking again and he begged me not too!

Dh shaved his hair last night. We first tried to give him a regular haircut but we found out that we have no idea what we were doing so we wound up cutting it all off. I was worried that Marlow was going to freak out but she seems to not mind it at all! He also trimmed his beard and was surprised at how his orange juice doesn't hang around like it used to!
#125 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 03:28 PM

I ordered way too many xmas photos Marlow and a new sheet just arrived. Does anyone want one? I know I sent 3 non-tomato shots out and I would love to send you guys the real photo but I don't remember who got them.

Please???
#126 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

I loved the tomato shot but I have plenty of everyone!

Speaking of beards: DH grew a go tee for me. very sexy His parents were over the other night and my MIL made a few comments and Bob had this smirk on his face. He told me later her couldnt tell his mother he kept the beard because his wife attacked him for days on end with it.

For an idea, here he is clean shaving like he normally is:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...152_110106.jpg

So now I have to take a pic w the beard. It has some gray in it, which I think is cool too...

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#127 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
hey Bfm, Im having trouble staying on my dairy free diet. What kinds of foods do you eat. Plus, we got rid of the thrush (now Im not so sure it was, cuz it was gone the next day) but he has eczema around his left eye, a tiny patch on his forehead, and some on his upper lip. Could dairy sensitivity cause eczema? Plus we stopped giving him any solids. It seemed to start w/ the solids. We were only giving him sweet potatoes, pear, and avocado but then noticed the eczema, but I can't be sure a little wasn't there before kwim? Plus those foods don't seem like the normal allergy problems. We've given him either fresh mashed foods or if I do the jarred babyfood, its been either Earths Best Organic or Organic Naturally Preferred.
I am have so much trouble avoiding dairy. I just, um, LOVE IT We have the eczema patches as well, but as dh has them, I'm chalking it up to his skin issues... He had them before he started solids and even during times when I was avoiding dairy. It has gotten better though, with concentrated lotioning... Now, if I can just convince dh to do the same... Maybe if I volunteer to do it for him it will work....

Is there a good cheese substitute? Or sour cream? I can avoid milk, but hard to avoid those ones sometimes...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#128 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
Someone mentioned yogurt.... When can the babies have yogurt? I remember dd1 eating Yobaby and she loves eating yogurt now. Maggie keeps trying to eat our yogurt so I am thinking maybe she can try but.....

Liz alsohad milk around 12 mos, maybe I might do soymilk w Mags though. I drink soy myself.
I think the dairy other than milk is suggested at 9 months.... Obviously, my kid won't be doing it though at this rate... C did the soy milk too. : Oh, but I think there are 30 million warnings about too much soy now, right? Of course, I think too much of anything can be bad, but hey...

Quote:
Um, I thought about it. Does that count? Maybe this coming weekend I'll do a full on primp session....

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#129 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
I ordered way too many xmas photos Marlow and a new sheet just arrived. Does anyone want one? I know I sent 3 non-tomato shots out and I would love to send you guys the real photo but I don't remember who got them.

Please???
ME! Wait - I got a tomato one - is this different?

#130 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
So... nasty mom milestone yesterday: I was a DORK and laid Nevie on the bed at my parents' house to nap. She fell off the bed a while later. Ugh. Worst feeling EVER. She's totally fine and was smiling again within a couple minutes, but those horrible moments of wondering how she'd fallen and if she was hurt... never again. I now have the pack n' play from their house and she won't be napping on the bed anymore. She's more mobile than I gave her credit for.

We've been playing around with solids for a few weeks, too. She liked avocado pretty well, hated yams, and is pretty keen on the organic rice cereal. I don't feed her much -- just to play with, mostly, and see how her tongue thrust is adapting. Last night at my 'rents, she sat in a high chair and played with spaghetti noodles. We got some cuuuuute pictures of that! But they're on my mom's camera, so I need to do some shuffling.

I am thisclose to being done with my applications. Right now (since Neves is asleep), I'm going to work on the last essay -- the short, handwritten one -- and then I will have that application done. The last one just needs something printed out and I don't have my printer yet. Bleargh. It will be such a relief to get those darn things delivered! And then the waiting... yikes.
. And congrats on the apps!

Sam has figured out how to pull her socks off. And I just caught Kahlua trying to "help" her by pulling the other one off for her. They're so cute together.

And Sam's rocking a mohawk today. It just dried that way.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#131 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I loved the tomato shot but I have plenty of everyone!

Speaking of beards: DH grew a go tee for me. very sexy His parents were over the other night and my MIL made a few comments and Bob had this smirk on his face. He told me later her couldnt tell his mother he kept the beard because his wife attacked him for days on end with it.

So now I have to take a pic w the beard. It has some gray in it, which I think is cool too...
DH has had a goatee since we met, and I heart it.
Oh wait - there was that brief time span when he was clinically depressed and unemployed, and decided a good project to occupy his time would be to shave the goatee and grow a handlebar moustache...

YES, I'm serious. I've tried to block it out, but it's burned in my visual memory forever.

I lurve DH with his goatee.

#132 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 04:18 PM

Sigh. I can't keep up. One of resolutions is to waste less time online. I already don't like it!

But, hi Lisa! Happy New Year!

And BFM, I understand the health concerns. My dad is overweight in the belly, and his dad died of a heart attack at age 55. But my mom's nagging brings out the rebellious teenager in him. It really hurts his feelings.

Oh, Ange, you would love Oregon. The rain can be a bit much, but it's not as horrible as people say it is. But there's sooooo much to do and see that's family friendly, and people here really care about the environment and social issues.

Have a great day!
#133 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Oh wait - there was that brief time span when he was clinically depressed and unemployed, and decided a good project to occupy his time would be to shave the goatee and grow a handlebar moustache...

YES, I'm serious. I've tried to block it out, but it's burned in my visual memory forever.

Lee has done the handlebar mustache too. My favorite is the big chops...so sexy but he doesn't want them right now
#134 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 04:37 PM

OK, help a mama out. I really need ot get on the good foot and get a carrier to get DD on my back, and my brain is just having a hard time deciding which one to get. I've read so many good things about the Ergo, but I've found that I really like the comfort of the unstructured-ness of my wrap (but am completely useless getting her secure on my back in that), so I'm leaning towards a MeiTei instead of an Ergo.

So, she's already 20 pounds. Will I be able to wear a 30-pound toddler on my back in a MeiTei?

Who here has an Ergo? What can you tell me about comfort regardin gthat waistband and clips?

I cannot make up my mind.

#135 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 04:51 PM

Sam weighs 18 pounds even as of today. I love how well she's catching up!

She's between the 50th and 75th percentiles for length, and the 25th and 50th for weight.

Oh, and we can see her second tooth, so it should start breaking through any day now.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#136 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 05:06 PM

My recommendation for all you mamas trying to spend less time on the computer, but still keep up (though it may not work for ya, but what have you got to lose?) is switch to the daily updates. That way, you get all the post for the day in one email (hmmm... that could be long I suppose for us though...) and you can reply to whatever by clicking on the link in the email. So really, you just are alloting yourself one time a day to really be on. Or you can not log on at all but still keep up on the reading. This has helped alot with the other threads I am on, but I can't resist checking in on you guys and keep this thread as instant notification. :

Heather, I have absolutely no help for you cause I am still using my original OTSBH. But I am making a poncho for J that once I finish I'll post a pic of :

I actually wouldn't mind taking a trip to visit some of those states I mentioned... We are actually thinking of doing something this summer.... I think DH wants to try Seattle though.

My DH can't grow facial hair. I think it is the asian in him. He tries bless his heart and um, not so much.... :

#137 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post

She's between the 50th and 75th percentiles for length, and the 25th and 50th for weight.

Oh, and we can see her second tooth, so it should start breaking through any day now.

Way to Grow Sam!

#138 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 05:08 PM

Okay, that was the funniest thing. I just got an error message that said I have to wait 20 seconds between post and try back in 1 second. Guess I was posting too frequently.

#139 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 05:26 PM

i already can't keep up. This is nap number 4. She's acting tired all day.

Dairy substitutes can be kind of gross, so keep trying if you don't like the first one you taste. Haven't found a good soy cheese that's also casein-free. I mean I've found them, but they all taste like butt. I like Silk's soy creamer. Tofutti cream cheese and sour cream is actually decent. We use Earth Balance instead of butter, and it melts well and is good for cooking/searing. I can't tell the difference, actually, and neither can my husband the butter hound. I like Soy Decadence brand for "ice cream," and Tofutti cuties ain't half bad ice cream sandwiches. I like making a smoothie with rice or almond milk and banana and cocoa powder. Put that in a chilled glass, and it's like a milkshake. Sunspire makes chocolate in a totally dairy-free factory, and it's delicious. It has some soy flour and soy lethicin in it to make it creamy like milk chocolate. I'm freaking glad we don't have a soy allergy. There's a lot of info in the health & healing forum for people avoiding dairy.

As far as avoiding dairy, I certainly do want cheese or something sometimes, but I think "If I put this in my mouth, it literally hurts my child." She gets uncomfortable, spits up, breaks out, won't sleep, and will get blood in the stool if it's a full exposure and not just a trace. That is enough to put me off. Plus the ped said each exposure hurts the chances of growing out of it. Of all the things we do for them, not stuffing pizza in my mouth is probably one of the easiest. Although I did have a dream about fondue recently.
#140 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 05:29 PM

What else...Harper's inch worm toy is made by Lamaze. Not sure where it's from since it was a gift.

I think the mei tei is easiest for the back carry right now. Nicole, you can try our Babyhawk if you want before you buy. I had someone show me the back carry in the wrap, and it looked easy enough, but her child was old enough to understand "hold still and grab mommy." So I'm not confident enough with the wrap yet. would love to try an ergo. I keep hearing how they are the greatest thing since sliced bread!
#141 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 05:54 PM

I have a Babyhawk mei tai, and I love it for the back carry, which I pretty much only do around the house. It really evens out the weight. My back appreciates it very much. The problem is that the tying can be a bitch when you're out. The ties are really long. I'd love an Ergo for easy out-of-the-house back carrying. Hey, my bday's coming up. Is it dumb to ask for an Ergo for my bday?
#142 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:

Please???
i got the bath photo. would love a tomato!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
I am have so much trouble avoiding dairy. I just, um, LOVE IT We have the eczema patches as well, but as dh has them, I'm chalking it up to his skin issues... He had them before he started solids and even during times when I was avoiding dairy. It has gotten better though, with concentrated lotioning... Now, if I can just convince dh to do the same... Maybe if I volunteer to do it for him it will work....

Is there a good cheese substitute? Or sour cream? I can avoid milk, but hard to avoid those ones sometimes...
i am so thankful that ruby isn't showing any eczema yet. it has plagued me my whole life, and i dont wish it on anyone!

Quote:

handlebar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Oh, Ange, you would love Oregon. The rain can be a bit much, but it's not as horrible as people say it is. But there's sooooo much to do and see that's family friendly, and people here really care about the environment and social issues.

Have a great day!
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Dairy substitutes can be kind of gross, so keep trying if you don't like the first one you taste. Haven't found a good soy cheese that's also casein-free. I mean I've found them, but they all taste like butt.
i didn't know you had eaten butt. not your thing, eh?

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#143 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
i already can't keep up. This is nap number 4. She's acting tired all day.

Dairy substitutes can be kind of gross, so keep trying if you don't like the first one you taste. Haven't found a good soy cheese that's also casein-free. I mean I've found them, but they all taste like butt. I like Silk's soy creamer. Tofutti cream cheese and sour cream is actually decent. We use Earth Balance instead of butter, and it melts well and is good for cooking/searing. I can't tell the difference, actually, and neither can my husband the butter hound. I like Soy Decadence brand for "ice cream," and Tofutti cuties ain't half bad ice cream sandwiches. I like making a smoothie with rice or almond milk and banana and cocoa powder. Put that in a chilled glass, and it's like a milkshake. Sunspire makes chocolate in a totally dairy-free factory, and it's delicious. It has some soy flour and soy lethicin in it to make it creamy like milk chocolate. I'm freaking glad we don't have a soy allergy. There's a lot of info in the health & healing forum for people avoiding dairy.

As far as avoiding dairy, I certainly do want cheese or something sometimes, but I think "If I put this in my mouth, it literally hurts my child." She gets uncomfortable, spits up, breaks out, won't sleep, and will get blood in the stool if it's a full exposure and not just a trace. That is enough to put me off. Plus the ped said each exposure hurts the chances of growing out of it. Of all the things we do for them, not stuffing pizza in my mouth is probably one of the easiest. Although I did have a dream about fondue recently.
Thank you! That actually helps alot. And I really need to make sure I am stopping the cheese. J is not as severe as your babe's, he actually doesn't even show signs of discomfort (though I am sure it is not the best) only the increased spit up. I didn't even realize what it was for a while until I noticed the trend with me eating ice cream.... Oy! Didn't realize there was dairy in everything : :

#144 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 06:57 PM

I love my kozy carrier or babyhawk for back carry. or double slingin.. DD1 who is 27 months **** goes in it on my back... But like candice said. I only do it around the house, or well I guess indoors. hehe

So we've had thrush FOREVER now. I can't seem to get rid of it. I don't know what else to do. No sugar, don't eat bread hardly at all anymore or things with yeast. Takin acidophilus (sp?) tried everything and we cannot get rid of it. I remember with Haleigh when we got it it was gone in like a week. I cut everything out I did with Haleigh but still no luck.. I feel terrible for Hannahs pour mouth But i am not sure what to do anymore.....
#145 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
OK, help a mama out. I really need ot get on the good foot and get a carrier to get DD on my back, and my brain is just having a hard time deciding which one to get. I've read so many good things about the Ergo, but I've found that I really like the comfort of the unstructured-ness of my wrap (but am completely useless getting her secure on my back in that), so I'm leaning towards a MeiTei instead of an Ergo.

So, she's already 20 pounds. Will I be able to wear a 30-pound toddler on my back in a MeiTei?

Who here has an Ergo? What can you tell me about comfort regardin gthat waistband and clips?

I cannot make up my mind.
When Lisa is done testing out my ergo you can try it....but that may be a month or so away. I find it kind of bulky, the waistband is fine but the straps slide down.

It's the kind of carrier that I really think you should try before you invest in it. I kind feel like it's more for hiking than everyday wear but maybe others would feel differently. Now that we have the Moby I don't think we'll be using the Ergo.
#146 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I like Soy Decadence brand for "ice cream," and Tofutti cuties ain't half bad ice cream sandwiches.
I like the peanut butter ones!!!!!
#147 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
i got the bath photo. would love a tomato!
Yay! Thank you!
#148 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 07:44 PM

I'm liking my Kozy Carrier pretty well. Haven't had the guts to try the back carry yet... but I think Nevie would LOVE that. The entire time we were at the grocery store today (well, when she wasn't sleeping...) she kept craning her head around to see what was going on.

OK, she's asleep, so back to application crud.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#149 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
So... nasty mom milestone yesterday: I was a DORK and laid Nevie on the bed at my parents' house to nap. She fell off the bed a while later. Ugh. Worst feeling EVER. She's totally fine and was smiling again within a couple minutes, but those horrible moments of wondering how she'd fallen and if she was hurt... never again. I now have the pack n' play from their house and she won't be napping on the bed anymore. She's more mobile than I gave her credit for.
Don't feel too bad - I have gotten the rotten-mama award once with each of my girls; I haven't done anything to Andrew yet but just wait! With DD1 I did the same exact thing as you - let her roll of the bed she was napping on, on to our hardwood floor. Felt SO awful about it. But we found a great solution - a video monitor. Love it - I can still put babies to sleep on our bed (with bed rails) which is where they want to be, even a baby and a toddler together, without worrying about anything dangerous since I can see them! It was expensive but SO worth it for peace of mind.

Oh and with DD2 my crappy-mom moment was this: When she was 4 months old, I shut the minivan door on my poor baby's foot It was so awful. (We have a 2001 model which was before most of them had the automatic doors that close slowly and sense if something/someone is in the way and stop! This is the old one where you have to slam the big, heavy door closed. I am counting down the months until our car loan is paid and we can get a new one, this being one of many reasons!!) So anyway, the doors were locked and DH came around to see what I was screaming inarticulately about and then had to run BACK around to unlock the doors with a key (no door-unlocker-keychain-thingie either) so poor Maddy's foot was in the door for like a full 15 seconds (which seemed like eternity) and after we finally got it out, it turned 97 different shades of blue and purple and swelled like crazy. I beat myself up real good for that one! She had to have x-rays and all....anyway as far as I can tell, she's forgiven me!

So - hope my pathetic-ness made you feel better!

Quote:
How funny is it that when you said "Max and Ruby" at first I thought you meant the show on Noggin, "Max and Ruby" the rabbits. I was very confused :

hey Bfm, Im having trouble staying on my dairy free diet. What kinds of foods do you eat. Plus, we got rid of the thrush (now Im not so sure it was, cuz it was gone the next day) but he has eczema around his left eye, a tiny patch on his forehead, and some on his upper lip. Could dairy sensitivity cause eczema? Plus we stopped giving him any solids. It seemed to start w/ the solids. We were only giving him sweet potatoes, pear, and avocado but then noticed the eczema, but I can't be sure a little wasn't there before kwim? Plus those foods don't seem like the normal allergy problems. We've given him either fresh mashed foods or if I do the jarred babyfood, its been either Earths Best Organic or Organic Naturally Preferred.
Haha - I immediately thought of the 'Max and Ruby' TV show too! :

Quote:
I forgot that J.C's also had rice cereal and Oatmeal. Now he's getting nothing and we're trying to get the eczema gone, then introduce things very slowly and see what triggers the eczema. It could be the food he's eaten or the food I've eaten. This is so overwhelming. I don't want my baby to hurt and I don't know how to fix it!
Eczema is definitely another classic dairy symptom, sorry to say Kelly! Especially if it spreads from the face to other parts of the body, and also cradle cap is the same thing.

Did you see the link to the no-dairy site I posted in last month's thread? If not I can re-post - she has great ideas for non-dairy stuff and recipes and what to substitute, etc. Personally I have found that most dairy substitutes stink and I'd honestly rather just say, ok, for the time being I don't eat cheese, than have crappy cheese-subsitute that just makes me miss cheese more!

I sympathize though - it was SO tough at first, but it does get easier! And if you do it completely for a while and let his system desensitize to it, then eventually you can add back in a little bit (which is where I am now - Andrew does OK if I have a bit of dairy here and there, but I have to be really careful - and the funny thing is, I've noticed since I started "cheating" a little, MY digestive system reacts and I never knew it! I have had...ahem....um....a bit of a gas problem : ....and bloating, etc., since reintroducing a little dairy.)

Anyway Kelly, I would hold off on the solids if you suspect some food intolerance(s) - wait until you get that all figured out so you can see what's what. And delaying solids should help his system desensitize, too. Not that what you're giving him is normally allergenic, but you never know.

I've been lucky, I'm able to find decent brands of everything I normally like without milk ingredients (except of course, the actual milk products!) so check out stores like Wegmans, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods - hopefully you can find some things you'll like! I know it sucks....but he'll get over it!

Now on the nuts, though, I'm worried - Andrew had such a strong reaction last time I accidentally had some that I'm taking him for allergy testing in a couple of weeks - ped suggested that because if he shows a true allergy (not just a digestive intolerance) she wants us to have an Epi-pen just in case (is there a "worried" smilie??) That really scares me!

Quote:
Someone mentioned yogurt.... When can the babies have yogurt? I remember dd1 eating Yobaby and she loves eating yogurt now. Maggie keeps trying to eat our yogurt so I am thinking maybe she can try but.....

Liz alsohad milk around 12 mos, maybe I might do soymilk w Mags though. I drink soy myself.
I've heard 7-9 months if there are no dairy issues. The milk protein is broken down so much it should be fine.

Quote:
Well, you wild and crazy girl!!

Quote:

Please???
I would love a tomato pic!

And speaking of Christmas cards, I fully intend to get OURS out by Christmas 2007!

Quote:

DH had a goatee when we met, too!

Nice pic, your family is beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
And BFM, I understand the health concerns. My dad is overweight in the belly, and his dad died of a heart attack at age 55. But my mom's nagging brings out the rebellious teenager in him. It really hurts his feelings.
Yeah, I'm gonna lay off I guess - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post

Awesome! So cool how well she's done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkbar View Post
So we've had thrush FOREVER now. I can't seem to get rid of it. I don't know what else to do. No sugar, don't eat bread hardly at all anymore or things with yeast. Takin acidophilus (sp?) tried everything and we cannot get rid of it. I remember with Haleigh when we got it it was gone in like a week. I cut everything out I did with Haleigh but still no luck.. I feel terrible for Hannahs pour mouth But i am not sure what to do anymore.....
I have a really good thrush link but I can't find it now!! Will try again later, gotta go make dinner first!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#150 of 1645 Old 01-02-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
i didn't know you had eaten butt. not your thing, eh?
well, helen, i was going to agree with you that fake cheese tastes like butt, but i guess now i'll re-phrase myself to say that i concur fake cheese tastes about as well as i guess butt would taste lest i be mocked!

i agree that silk soy creamer is ok. but yeah, check out soy before you start overdoing it on that as your dairy-substitute, esp. if you have a boy. yoinks!

i tried like heck to get a pick of mikey's "fangs" the last few days...they are too cute! but i just can't get a photo. you can almost see it in a video on my blog, but not quite...ah well...

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page