June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!! - Page 55 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2007, 01:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm here. Still no baby. Contracting off and on all day. Pretty sure I'm 100% effaced now (was 75% when they sent me home yesterday morning) so now the only thing left to do is dilate. Hopefully soon...this prodromal labor crap SUCKS.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2007, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

OK jumping on and skimming today! Thanks everyone who "toured" my house. Actaully it is NEVER that clean! Bob walked into our laundry room and said- this is not our laundry room!!

When we were taking those pics, we literally moved stuff from one side of the room to the other or into the hallway etc

Tour for my realtor's office tomorrow and then the next day for the area realtors- she is serving lunch too.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 02-01-2007, 01:17 AM

Kessa, I vote for garlic and goat cheese mashed potatoes to go with your dinner. mMMMMM food. Haricot verts are skinnier or something, right? But I notice no real taste difference.

Speaking of goat, I'm going to try goat's milk yogurt tomorrow (have had it before so I know I like it, but want to see if Harper reacts). The elimination diet seems to indicate that she does not do well with peanuts. Oy. It was sort of hard to tell if the diet helped her mood because at the end of the two weeks, we had teething horror. The side teeth have now cut, btw, so she has 4 in a row on top. Nursing hurts! She's not biting, but it's like she doesn't know how to hold her mouth yet. I seem to remember this with the bottom teeth and that it got better. But now I'm back to eating mostly normally, no dairy, just really easy on the soy, and skipping the nuts for now.

Amy, we have to stage our place in a few months, and I am dreading it! Nice tour. I like that light fixture over the dining room table a lot.

Hang in there, Sarah. It's still good work, even if it's not totally organized yet. I know you know!

And there's more I wanted to respond to, but I think it's bedtime. I'm recording the last Top Chef and Top Design because I can't stay up that late! I hope Top Design is super b*tchy!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:42 AM

Lindsey, your before doesn't look too bad actually... What color is your garage door now? Marlow is adorable as always...

Amy~Thank you for saying that cause I was starting to feel terrible about all the baskets of clean and not folded clothes!

Helen~glad you figured out the culprit! Good luck with your yogurt!

Kessa~The dinner sounds awesome, with Heather's additions Sorry dh won't be home to celebrate

Sarah, just remember when you are chasing two babes that are going in two different directions, you wanted the second one to come out...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
Here is Marlow on her turtle.
Cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
When we were taking those pics, we literally moved stuff from one side of the room to the other or into the hallway etc
Hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Kessa, I vote for garlic and goat cheese mashed potatoes to go with your dinner. mMMMMM food. Haricot verts are skinnier or something, right? But I notice no real taste difference.
I think that the cut of them is what is implied by chefs and whatnot. But really, haricots verts is the french phrase for plain old grean beans. Just makes me laugh. What kind of goat cheese? I am not sure that I've eaten goat cheese before. My head says it would taste good, but I haven't a clue what to look for.

Thanks ladies, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Survivor is starting again next week. Whee!

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
Old 02-01-2007, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Cute!

Hilarious.

I think that the cut of them is what is implied by chefs and whatnot. But really, haricots verts is the french phrase for plain old grean beans. Just makes me laugh. What kind of goat cheese? I am not sure that I've eaten goat cheese before. My head says it would taste good, but I haven't a clue what to look for.

Thanks ladies, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Survivor is starting again next week. Whee!

Crandale cheese is good dry like fetta but slightly sweet with cranberries in it,great over baby spinich,walnuts,and dry cranberries. Kinda tastes like cheese cake.

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
Old 02-01-2007, 05:55 AM

http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=773

This is awsome.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:08 AM

Quote:
you know, you sure have had that DDDDC for ever!
I know! Apparently, they forgot about me...either that or someone paid like $60 for me to have it all this time. It's been since August.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
I know! Apparently, they forgot about me...either that or someone paid like $60 for me to have it all this time. It's been since August.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
Totally. What a great laugh!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Old 02-01-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Hang in there, Sarah. It's still good work, even if it's not totally organized yet. I know you know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Sarah, just remember when you are chasing two babes that are going in two different directions, you wanted the second one to come out...
I know, I know.

It's actually okay that I'm still pregnant, because................

I HAVE A FULL TERM BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The relief is palpable here, let me tell ya.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 02-01-2007, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
I HAVE A FULL TERM BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The relief is palpable here, let me tell ya.
: :

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Old 02-01-2007, 12:14 PM

Congrats Sarah and Jackson! Way to cook!

Ok, I am just gonna
Harper's latch stinks right now! She's cutting the last incisor on the top. She had a tough night last night, and now this morning I just nursed her down for her nap, and it really hurt. So when I look, I see a row of 3 tiny clear blisters along the tip of my nipple. I know they are friction, not milk blebs. Owwwww. I'll do saline, expressed EBM, and lansinoh, I guess. Any other bright ideas on how to fix the latch? I tried relatching her a few times, and it feels like we can't get a good one no matter what. I'm giving her Boiron's Camilia for the teething.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Lindsey, your before doesn't look too bad actually... What color is your garage door now? Marlow is adorable as always...
it's an off white color (it was a mistint...we're cheap) we are setting the house up for selling purposes so it's going generic.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:

Ok, I am just gonna
Harper's latch stinks right now! She's cutting the last incisor on the top. She had a tough night last night, and now this morning I just nursed her down for her nap, and it really hurt. So when I look, I see a row of 3 tiny clear blisters along the tip of my nipple. I know they are friction, not milk blebs. Owwwww. I'll do saline, expressed EBM, and lansinoh, I guess. Any other bright ideas on how to fix the latch? I tried relatching her a few times, and it feels like we can't get a good one no matter what. I'm giving her Boiron's Camilia for the teething.

Maybe she will just figure it out (hopefully soon)? That's not exactly a helpful suggestion, I know, but I wonder if part of it is, as you mentioned earlier, her getting used to having teeth there at all.

Lindsay, I LOVE that turtle picture! It's so cute!

And you all are making me want a house
Old 02-01-2007, 01:30 PM

Oh, and last night DH and I had another baby food argument. SS(10) was over at the time. I gave Philip a banana to play with and he was licking/eating(?) it and really enjoying it. AFTER taking several pictures DH starts going on about how we bought rice cereal and he would feed it to Philip. I said, why don't you try it first, then? He responded: I'm not going to eat that crap, it tastes like cardboard!
SS answered: OH! You won't eat it, but you want to feed it to Philip?

I totally won, AND I got SS on my side. It was funny.
Today DH is like "I liked our argument last night. Arguing is fun."
OMG, how will I live with this man long term? I'm going to die at 35!

On a less happy note, SS told me his mother (who bf him for 2 years, but only bf her second son for 6 wks, and is now SAH and bfing her 3rd son, who is a month old) sometimes *has* to use formula because she doesn't have anymore milk, i.e. "feels empty." It makes me sad, because she obviously got it right with SS. We don't have a relationship, so I don't think I can send her any info, though I'm tempted. I almost wonder if she doesn't *want* to bf him full-time. I hope that's not a horrible thing to say.
In response, DH said "doesn't have enough milk! she nursed you for 2 years!" and SS replied, jokingly, "maybe I took it all!"

Ok, off to work.

ETA: Please, I hope I am not offending anyone who feeds / fed their kids rice cereal! I don't mean to-- I just thought DH's lack of reasoning was funny.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Oh, man, that had me laughing with him. Too cute!

Quote:
Yeah!!!! : : Now... Just 7 more days... :

Quote:

Ok, I am just gonna
I got nothin' but just wanted to commiserate... J went through it and it corrected itself now but I don't think I did anything different (other than screaming ow a few times and taking him off... Maybe Kerri has some good ideas...

So last night, I read what Heather wrote to Kerri about redirecting/honoring the impulse cause um, C just happened to decide he wanted to hit his brother in the head with an empty wrapping paper role. Um, at least it wasn't hard.... Anyway...I gave him his "bat" and set up his stuffed animals and he knocked them down and I reset them up... It was a fun game and he totally had a blast... Now, um, let's hope he doesn't decide to use this newly sharpened skills to better aim at his brother's head... :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
it's an off white color (it was a mistint...we're cheap) we are setting the house up for selling purposes so it's going generic.
Yeah, good plan. If I were planning on moving I would stick to the most nuetral colors as well. Sometimes it is hard for someone moving in to invision their own space while they see how you have it set up for yours...

Old 02-01-2007, 01:41 PM

Jessica~ funny argument. And your ss doesn't sound bad at all...

Old 02-01-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
Lindsay, I LOVE that turtle picture! It's so cute!

thank you and houses are a pain in the butt too though...no one will come and fix your toilet for free like in a rental. You own all the flaws and mishaps. I really want a smaller house. We only use 2 bedrooms and the other 2 are just empty. It feels like such a waste.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
So. What do you do for anniversary celebrations when one of you won't be there? Hmmm...
I'm thinking about making this one night when DH is home and having a mini-celebration, but I don't know what to put with it. Maybe some wine?
Hey I am with you, girl! DH was away on business for our anniversary in November, and it was a 'milestone' one too - our 5th! I decided to have fun without him and celebrate with the kids (hey, they are the fruit of our marriage, so why not?!) We went to Chuck E. Cheese's and ate junk food and played for a while Actually you reminded me, he promised me we'd plan a date and do a nice dinner for just the two of us (or at least drinks or coffee/dessert somewhere nice if I didn't think Andrew could stay with my folks for that long) when he got back - and we never did and here it is, February! But it was OK since he gave me a fabulous present before he left

Hey, speaking of it being February - I guess I will start a new thread since no one has yet? Will do that & come back and link to it in a moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
Hmm. At 2-1/2, I'd say your best bet is to "honor the impulse"...that is, try to find a way to help her get the sensation of pushing over, but just not the babe. So, maybe let her push you over from sitting while on your bed, or set out some stuffed animals on the hardwood floor for her to push over or something - just redirect the undesirable into something acceptable...and try to make it as close to what she's wanting to do as possible (though you do have to keep babe safe too, which is why I'm suggesting you or stuffed animals). Of course, you'll have to remind her and redirect 7.2 billion times, but better to let her get it out in a good way than stifle it and have it crop up somewhere else. "Honoring the impulse" is one of my favorite GD tricks.
Sooo....anyone who is interested, PM me and we'll figure out setting up some sort of something to further delve into GD. !!
Heather, GREAT idea, you are brilliant! : And you know I'm interested so I won't bother PMing

Quote:
ok photo time.
The house looks nice! And I love the turtle photo - that is so cool!! How did you do that? Was there a special technique to get that "motion" effect?

Quote:

Speaking of goat, I'm going to try goat's milk yogurt tomorrow (have had it before so I know I like it, but want to see if Harper reacts). The elimination diet seems to indicate that she does not do well with peanuts. Oy. It was sort of hard to tell if the diet helped her mood because at the end of the two weeks, we had teething horror. The side teeth have now cut, btw, so she has 4 in a row on top. Nursing hurts! She's not biting, but it's like she doesn't know how to hold her mouth yet. I seem to remember this with the bottom teeth and that it got better. But now I'm back to eating mostly normally, no dairy, just really easy on the soy, and skipping the nuts for now.

Amy, we have to stage our place in a few months, and I am dreading it! Nice tour. I like that light fixture over the dining room table a lot.
I agree with you guys - some time of elegant potato accompaniment would go perfectly - and a nice red wine, something really deep and complex like a nice Cabernet. You know what goes well with goat cheese potatoes - it's expensive but amazing - drizzle some white truffle oil over them before serving, it's AMAZING!

And yeah, getting ready to sell our house was nuts - we had all our crap stashed everywhere, our attic, our neighbors' houses, our friends' basements, our cars (!) :

I am still struggling to make myself declutter and get rid of stuff I don't really need anymore. Anyone have any great advice for me?

Quote:
I know, I know.

Awesome, Sarah!! So happy for you!

Quote:
Ok, I am just gonna
Sorry about the nursing pain! No real tricks I can think of except letting her teethe on something cold prior to nursing to numb a bit, and then just get her on as deeply as possible and hold her in tight to keep her from slipping back on your nipple. What about trying other positions, or have you done that already? Sometimes nursing lying down or some other hold can help if it takes the pressure off the part of their gums that is hurting.

I wouldn't do saline on your nips though - it's not recommended anymore, just expressed milk or Lansinoh should be good - I feel your pain though, Andrew has been biting a lot of and it's NOT fun Hope it improves soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
You'll get there eventually! I know how you feel though - we rented for years before buying our first house - we had 2 kids in a VERY small apartment. The only thing that made it possible for us was that we moved from D.C. to PA - I'm sure if we were still in Washington we'd still be renting! I still miss a lot about D.C., but PA is certainly a lot more affordable.

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Old 02-01-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
thank you and houses are a pain in the butt too though...no one will come and fix your toilet for free like in a rental. You own all the flaws and mishaps. I really want a smaller house. We only use 2 bedrooms and the other 2 are just empty. It feels like such a waste.
Now THAT is a good point! Renting was so convenient, and no "hidden" costs - what you pay is what you pay each month. Not like now when the concrete driveway cracks or the dishwasher leaks or the grass dies and you're like, oh crap, now how do we buy groceries this month?

OK *really* off to start new thread now...

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Old 02-01-2007, 02:05 PM

New Thread for February

See you there!

Old 02-01-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
The house looks nice! And I love the turtle photo - that is so cool!! How did you do that? Was there a special technique to get that "motion" effect?
She is actually moving and I have long shutter speed so I just 'panned' (moved the camera) while pointed at her....but yes...I did add a little bit extra motion blur from photoshop to the background....just don't tell my professor!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I know, I know.

Quote:
Woohoo!!! Way to cook a baby!

Quote:

Ok, I am just gonna
Amen sistah. I am feeling you. thankfully i don't have the blisters but, ouch. the latch sux. I hear they get better after the tooth pops through.
Have you tried bourbon? for you? bring me some will ya?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
New Thread for February

See you there!
On my way!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

User Tag List