June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
Sarah drive that puppy right to the lot! I did this with my honda 3 distributers
in 6 weeks. I took a hit but it was worth it!

My dh is skinny too he wears a size 30 !
Mine is a 32 but he prefers the roomyness of a 34 and a belt. Not really skinny but in shape. He's quite solid and has large shoulders that make him fit a large shirt instead.
#182 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 01:49 PM

When our babes are toddlers do we still have a group that goes in the toddler forum? I don't want it to end in a few months!
#183 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

For me, my babe will be 1 next month!!! We can just keep m,oving the thread until we get to "Life w teen" or help my dc is getting married! Then we will have the grandmas of the 6/06 ddc .....:

I have been on the green tribe for a while and that gave me the idea. Now where oh where is Lisa......

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#184 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
Mine is a 32 but he prefers the roomyness of a 34 and a belt. Not really skinny but in shape. He's quite solid and has large shoulders that make him fit a large shirt instead.
See, you know what I mean! Mine is a 28.... but, wears the 30s...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#185 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
For me, my babe will be 1 next month!!! We can just keep m,oving the thread until we get to "Life w teen" or help my dc is getting married! Then we will have the grandmas of the 6/06 ddc .....:

I have been on the green tribe for a while and that gave me the idea. Now where oh where is Lisa......
OH MY GOSH! That went so fast... :

and I am all for the grandmas thread :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#186 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 02:05 PM

yes I agree! It's hard to believe how fast one year goes by!
#187 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Aw this made me : I guess so long as MDC is here, we will be too, so maybe some of us will stick together for that long - how AWESOME would that be!!!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#188 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

We can ban together and start a GMDC:
Grandmotheringdotcommune!!

The year did go by fast but then again it didnt? Does that make any sense?

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#189 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:

it totally does!!!
#190 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Harper still wakes a few times at night (like 2, down from the every hour fun of a few weeks ago), but she's started going to sleep by lying next to me after nursing and sort of giggling and chatting, and then the kicking slows down, and then she's just scratching the sheets, and then she's asleep! This is exciting beyond belief. Certainly not consistent. But it sure is cute. She smiles at me and rolls around.

She's mastered getting her butt up in the air to try to crawl, but she can't do the arms at the same time. So she gets up, heaves herself forward on her face, repeats. She shows more interest in pulling up on stuff or rolling to what she wants than crawling. A fair number of babies on her father's side never even crawled, just went to walking at about 9-10 months. But I thought crawling was part of brain development? That would explain a lot if they didn't.... I am really not ready for crawling.
Ruby is doing the same 'crawling thing. She'll get her butt up (her free range butt)and smash her face down, and then occasionally flail one arm around. Hilarious.
She's still waking every 2-3 hours to eat. or like last night... like 5 times between 11-9. Yes. she went to bed at 11:30 and woke up at 9. I did too. She went to sleep at 7 (nursed till 7:30) then was up at 8:30 for more boobage then was up for good at 9:30 till 11:30. this late nap sucks. I may try staying in bed with her and see if she stays asleep. Once I get out of bed in the morning she's up. I think at night I may have to stay with her. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Bday Marlow!!!
Yes on both counts! Yeah for her wanting boob and happy Bday!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#191 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 02:56 PM

It's Evie! Happy 7 month birthday Evie!

#192 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
Ruby is doing the same 'crawling thing. She'll get her butt up (her free range butt)and smash her face down, and then occasionally flail one arm around. Hilarious.
She's still waking every 2-3 hours to eat. or like last night... like 5 times between 11-9. Yes. she went to bed at 11:30 and woke up at 9. I did too. She went to sleep at 7 (nursed till 7:30) then was up at 8:30 for more boobage then was up for good at 9:30 till 11:30. this late nap sucks. I may try staying in bed with her and see if she stays asleep. Once I get out of bed in the morning she's up. I think at night I may have to stay with her. :

Yes on both counts! Yeah for her wanting boob and happy Bday!
Marlow belly flops and screams. I don't know if she'll crawl it makes her so mad.

And she also is up every 2-3 hours still. But it's not like she is up up...She just screams awake for a few minutes and then is out again and it is a very bad scream. I'm not sure what it is about but it almost sounds like a baby tantrum. But DH or I can hold her for a minute (all while still laying down) and she goes right back to sleep. We co-sleep but she is still very crabby at night. uggh, I need more sleep!
#193 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
It's Evie! Happy 7 month birthday Evie!
:
#194 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 03:01 PM

Ruby isn't "up" up at night either. she fusses a bit, gets latched on and passes back out. works for me

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#195 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Sarah- you're doing awesome keeping that baby cooking!

LOL on the ddddc...
Quote:
o! that's right Sarah is still pregnant! Yeah Sarah! And sorry you're car is giving you the blues....:

Lisa... I can usually see her posting to things in Life with a Babe... Will track her down....

I SOOO love my husband. After I REMINDED him (hey, he has no memory, what can I say...) he totally redid all the dinners so that I could avoid the big dairy items. Even found me a lovely avocado to go with my sandwich since I couldn't have cheese. I am so in love right now... Wish he was here... I know, it seems like such a little thing but man, he totally knows me so well and is ALWAYS doing ALL the little things.
Thanks, ladies! 33 weeks tomorrow. As of 8 days from now, we're "safe." Given how well Samantha did, only being in the NICU for 4wks having been born 10wks early, if we make it to at least 34 wks, we'll probably be able to skip the NICU altogether, or at least that's what the docs are hoping. Yay!

And B's the same way. He's SO good at the little things. When my sis was here, she kept noticing all the little things he did, like keeping Sam awake (and happy!) until we got back from the airport at 9:30, happily washing her cloth diapers, making dinner for us (including guacamole, 'cause he knows she loves it). Also, I had asked him to please install my shower head (it's Waterpik and AWESOME...one of those big wide ones) on Saturday since I'd be gone all day, and he did it Friday evening before my sis and I got back from the airport. "Well, I knew she'd want to shower in the morning, and wanted her to have a good shower, plus she gave it to us, so it's only right to have installed it for her." He's just so considerate and kind and thoughtful.

Oh, one more story...
When I was in labor with Sam forEVER, one of the machines in the room was beeping nonstop, and starting to drive me absolutely crazy. He was trying to figure out how to turn the volume down, and couldn't get it, and neither could any of the nurses, so he pulled out his cell phone and CALLED THE MANUFACTURER of the machine to ask them how to turn the volume down. He's just to helpful.

Quote:

Quote:
OH MY GOSH! That went so fast... :

and I am all for the grandmas thread :
Awe, :. It's so hard to believe how quickly they're growing up! Sam's gonna be 9 months old in just over 2 weeks! And then just 2 or 3 weeks later, there will be another baby here! :

I can't believe Maggie's almost 1! It seems like just yesterday we were all reading her birth announcement!

Oh, or, we'll be freaking out because our sons/daughters-in-law are mainstream, and we're venting about their refusal to bf, babywear, etc. I don't wanna be that grandma, but I so know I'm gonna be.

Quote:

Yes, it makes total sense. Her first month dragged forever, and now the rest of it has flown by like nobody's business! It helps make the pregnancy go much faster, though.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#196 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 03:12 PM

We do signing classes here. The instructor is through Signing Smart. She's my cousin though. I love the classes! Haleigh went to them as well.. Hannah signs milk, and waves bye bye or hello, whichever u ask her. She says dada and papa. and DH swears she says Ateh (big sister in tagalog) but I haven't heard yet. LOL

Thanks for the links for the thrush. I'm hoping we'll get rid of it soon!

Amy, WOW! I can't believe She'll be 1 next month. time flies ear

Milkies in the bath. I can't remember who was talking about it. But hannah likes to nurse in the bath.. It's kinda cute. Haleigh tries but there's no nursing toddlers in the tub she's cute when she loudly reminds herself "NO NURSING BATH! BABY HANNAH OK NURSE BATH."

I don't remember what else I was going to write. I'm at work. I have a cold/sore throat. We're busy. It sucks! But, I didn't have to work yesterday which was way worse..SO I guess I can't complain

Happy Wednesday!!
#197 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 03:15 PM

Oh, and B has a great build, but hates how much weight he's put on in the last 3 years. We both got happy and content and kind of let ourselves go, plus we got super busy with life, and working out fell by the wayside. We're hoping that at some point this year we can get a YMCA membership and work out together. It's a lot easier to do it together than separately.

We decided that in 7 years, we're going to compete in the Ironman competition in Hawaii. I'll be 30, he'll be almost 40, and we'll be in the best shape of our lives. Here's hoping! He wants to get back to what size he was in the Army, but would be happy getting back down to a 32. He's a 38 (40?) now, and isn't comfy. He's not obese by any means, just has a teddy bear tummy. And I know that when we start losing the weight and getting back in to shape, we'll motivate each other. We compliment each other very well, which is super nice.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#198 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 03:59 PM

We should all blame Sarah for enalbing us. She should say no sin sticks for you!

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#199 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Does he then complain to you about how fat he is getting too? While he searches for an inch to pinch.... I love my skinny guy though... :
Oh yeah! 28 here and wears a 30 cuz 28 are hard to find.

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#200 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah! 28 here and wears a 30 cuz 28 are hard to find.
They are! His cousin's got him a gift certificate to Abercrombie and Fitch a few years back and they don't make pants smaller than 34.... :

#201 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 04:18 PM

Ahem! Attention Ladies! Lisa (ecomama7) needs to feel some love... Find a thread she is on and send her some..... :

#202 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
We should all blame Sarah for enalbing us. She should say no sin sticks for you!
Or, just get your skinny-minny husbands hooked. :

#203 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Nicole: we were looking for a baby signs class. So far, I do milk inconsistently. That's it. She indicates "up" by raising her arms and "milk" by smashing her head into my chest. I will look into the gymboree one. Which gymboree? I may ask at LLL tomorrow to see if anyone knows of one. We're doing the next Kindermusik session, that starts 2/2.
Katie signs the same way. I know she knows what the sign for milk means, because as soon as I show it to her, she smashes her head into my chest. Little nut.

Here's a question for you all. How would you go about changing your nickname IRL? I've gone by Jes for ages, except for one group of friends who all call me Kessa because one of their kids used to say my name that way. (Some of their husbands think that Kessa is really my name.) I've been thinking that I would like for everyone to call me Kessa, just because I like it and it reminds me of my friends' little girl, but I'm not sure how to go about it? Can I call it a New Year's resolution?

Katie is learning to sleep unswaddled. She's very comfortable being on her tummy now, and I've been pulling her arms out when I put her on her tummy, and leaving them strapped down in any other position. Last night I put her to sleep with her arms restrained, pulled her arms out after she fell asleep, and completely unwrapped her the first time she wanted to eat. She is right now napping with just a blanket laid over her and she fell asleep with me just holding her hand. Yay!

Hooray Marlow for wanting nursies! Keep it up!

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#204 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Katie signs the same way. I know she knows what the sign for milk means, because as soon as I show it to her, she smashes her head into my chest. Little nut.

Here's a question for you all. How would you go about changing your nickname IRL? I've gone by Jes for ages, except for one group of friends who all call me Kessa because one of their kids used to say my name that way. (Some of their husbands think that Kessa is really my name.) I've been thinking that I would like for everyone to call me Kessa, just because I like it and it reminds me of my friends' little girl, but I'm not sure how to go about it? Can I call it a New Year's resolution?

Katie is learning to sleep unswaddled. She's very comfortable being on her tummy now, and I've been pulling her arms out when I put her on her tummy, and leaving them strapped down in any other position. Last night I put her to sleep with her arms restrained, pulled her arms out after she fell asleep, and completely unwrapped her the first time she wanted to eat. She is right now napping with just a blanket laid over her and she fell asleep with me just holding her hand. Yay!

Hooray Marlow for wanting nursies! Keep it up!
I like Kessa!

I was only called Deedee until I was about 12 and then I wanted everyone to use my real name. My sister was known as Laurie but when she turned 16 or so she only wanted to be known by her full name Lauren.

We both had to correct people until they got it right...that's the only way I know how.

I wish people still called me Deedee. I think I like it better now that I'm older.
#205 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Ahem! Attention Ladies! Lisa (ecomama7) needs to feel some love... Find a thread she is on and send her some..... :
I'm trying!
#206 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 05:27 PM

wow, we ARE chatty!

I am close to 600!
#207 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 05:28 PM

I have a new-ish photo of Lee in my siggie...I forgot to announce that awhile ago.
#208 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Or, just get your skinny-minny husbands hooked. :
:

#209 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
I have a new-ish photo of Lee in my siggie...I forgot to announce that awhile ago.
Um, Deedee, I have to know the story behind the pic of Lee and Marlow linked to the "e" in his name - I LOVE it!!

#210 of 1645 Old 01-03-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
Um, Deedee, I have to know the story behind the pic of Lee and Marlow linked to the "e" in his name - I LOVE it!!
Well, we just got a Moby and now he likes to carry Marlow around everywhere and I told him that he looked like Luke and he wanted me to find a photo of what I meant. I couldn't find one of how I pictured it but I found that Yoda one and he agreed that he looked just like that when he carries Marlow around...Marlow doesn't look like Yoda too often though.

So it's supposed to be Lee.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page