June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lindesy, WOW. Spank your baby to sleep. That guy should write a book. Oh wait, is he Jodi Mindell?? I exaggerate. Slightly.

Ange, yeah, new ped. Anyone who supports CIO does not get my money (or my insurance company's), period. I thought tomatoes and citrus were on the "not before 1" list anyway? Hall Publications has a food allergy scale (highest at top) and also a guide for introducing food to the allergic infant. The gist of what I've read/been told over and over again is that a baby with any signs of an allergy should be treated as potentially allergic to everything. Maybe this is overkill, but it's not like the food is such a huge deal as far as nutrition the first year. So we're being super cautious and taking our time, much to the bafflement of relatives. But my nephew is also dairy allergic, and they misunderstood the condition (called it "lactose intolerance, so he can't have breastmilk" ) and switched him to...cow milk formula. When he developed really bad eczema and asthma at about 7 months, they switched him to straight goat milk. And the poor kid also has to carry an epi pen because his father is anaphylactic for bee stings and shellfish/seafood. There's also a history of asthma/hay fever in the family, and apparently this also predisposes to food allergies.

Kelly, I do hear you on missing cheese in Mexican food especially. I do avocado instead for a lot of things. We've been eating more asian food as that's easy to cook quickly and doesn't require extensive recipe modification. Thai curries are easy enough. Mmm coconut milk.

Candice, Harper pooped pieces of a board book for like 3 days. Doh. Good luck with the studying!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
OKAY, SO WHERE IS LISA??? She said she gave in.....:

OK, OK, OK. Yes, I gave in! : You guys have some MAJOR stalking skills. I bet Napolean Dynamite would totally dig that.

So, ahem, I guess I'm back? And! you did the DDDDC?! I just noticed that! Amy? Angie? Come on...fess up!
#243 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
oh poor babies!

DH still sleep walks and is still getting the baby up in his sleep. It really worries me when he picks her up in his sleep while we are at his parents because the guest room is in this loft and I keep imagining him dropping her over the railing. It's a horrible thought.

Hey, I'm at 600!
In talking to Victoria this morning, she did not remember ANYTHING from last night, so maybe she didn't wake up after all? And Sydney didn't remember anything either. At least they were in really good moods this morning. Of course, 12 hours of sleep will do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
That reminds me...my dh gave me this big manilla envelope before christmas and I could see that it was an Ms State Alumni envelope. Well, it was a beautiful, diploma-like certificate (frameable) that said

"Mississippi State University
Welcomes Jefferson Carter Smith
Class of 2024

AACCKK that sounds sooo very far away!! That means my baby's gonna grow up :
That's so cute!!

Quote:
Hey Sarah, I want some more sin sticks. Is the chocolate dairy free? I want to order 1 dzn. All rolled in pretzel pieces. Don't need them by any certain time......gonna place an order after I get the ok on dairy free chocolate. Thanks for the hook up, I feel like a sin stick junkie!!
PMed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Guess what? Talula had wrapping paper in her poop the other day. I forgot to tell you all, but I just remembered.

Also, I am realizing that there is no way I can keep up with this thread. I have 6 hours of bar study per day. So please forgive me if I just come on here and update without responding to your posts. I will try, but it's getting really hard.

Love you all though! Wish me luck on the bar exam. If I fail it, I will be devastated.
That's flippin hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
OK, OK, OK. Yes, I gave in! : You guys have some MAJOR stalking skills. I bet Napolean Dynamite would totally dig that.

So, ahem, I guess I'm back? And! you did the DDDDC?! I just noticed that! Amy? Angie? Come on...fess up!
Yay! Glad to have you back!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#244 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 12:05 PM

yay! we've missed you Lisa!!!!!
#245 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 12:06 PM

So Lisa tell us what we've missed!
#246 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
OK, OK, OK. Yes, I gave in! : You guys have some MAJOR stalking skills.
Well, we ARE quite irresistible. : Good to have you back.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#247 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
So Lisa tell us what we've missed!
Hmm..let me think..

Well, Elijah still has 2 teeth. Both on the bottom.

He has tried bananas and avocados. He likes avocados better. But he's still not really into eating all that much. He would much rather chew on the spoon most of the time! I want to read more about self-feeding because I think Elijah would rather do that. I started giving him peices of banana at first but then mashed some with a spoon and he did (does) open his mouth for it but he grabs the spoon like "Give it to me! I'll do it myself, thank you very much" So, does anyone have that really good article about self-feeding? I think it's german or something...

Oh, he says "Dada." I was really rooting for him to say "Mama", naturally, but no such luck. I think Dada is just easier to say. But ya, he says it and it's adorable. We it.

He can crawl backwards and sideways and he spins around. Well, it's more like a shuffle. No forward yet but he gets up on all fours and sways front to back, it's hilarious. I'm bracing myself for when he starts. I have a really good (or bad!) feeling that this boy is gonna be in.to.everything. Much different from his sister.

Um, when he gets a new toy or something..he looks around at everyone to "make sure" that they know he has something new. As if to say, "Look at me - I have something newwww and yooooou dooooon't!!" OMG, it's hilarious. He gets this big cheesy grin on his face.

Hmm what else...
#248 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
Hello out there! My hubby is at home with a very unhappy babe she want's momma. hope she's realy bad so next time i go to take a shift he says no stay home I'll take overtime!

Angie- I like your logic Indian doc!
: I like your logic too!

: I'm hoping it means his family co-sleeps as well and breastfeeds until you know 5, so I don't get any grief about that...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#249 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Oh honey I wish I can claim that one!! Now everyone know why I was the number sales person at my old co?

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#250 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
Oh honey I wish I can claim that one!! Now everyone know why I was the number sales person at my old co?
Indeed! I think I have a good idea of who it may be then...

And I forgot to add: What have I missed? How are the babes? Amy, I was thinking about Maggie the other day since she's about to be 1. Wow, I can't believe it. Time really does fly, eh?
#251 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I would love to find a cheese that would melt for quesadilla's, nachos, burritos, cheese enchiladas! I just realized that I must LOVE mexican food
Even in the womb I was a mexican food junkie! That was mom's food craving: . So, yeah, would rather skip it than have bad cheese...

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Guess what? Talula had wrapping paper in her poop the other day. I forgot to tell you all, but I just remembered.

Also, I am realizing that there is no way I can keep up with this thread. I have 6 hours of bar study per day. So please forgive me if I just come on here and update without responding to your posts. I will try, but it's getting really hard.

Love you all though! Wish me luck on the bar exam. If I fail it, I will be devastated.
No worries, will be glad to get updates from you even if you don't respond to all our blah blah blah And um, I found a tiny bit of silver tinsel or something in J's poop... Um, you know like a piece of garland :

Quote:
Gosh that would really worry me too.

I have many co-workers that ask me about how long Marlow sleeps at night. They are always shocked and mortified at my answer. The other day my boss asked me if I am "still against spanking?" in reference to Marlow's sleep pattern.

I asked him if he was suggesting I spank an 8 month old! He said if not that I should be using a stern voice with her.

So he thinks you can either spank or yell at a baby to go to sleep :
talk about gross!

"Marlow! Shut up and go to bed!" uh, yeah
That's pretty much, um, disgusting. Yeah, beating my child is really going to get him to calm down and sleep. Yuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Lindesy, WOW. Spank your baby to sleep. That guy should write a book. Oh wait, is he Jodi Mindell?? I exaggerate. Slightly.

Ange, yeah, new ped. Anyone who supports CIO does not get my money (or my insurance company's), period. I thought tomatoes and citrus were on the "not before 1" list anyway? Hall Publications has a food allergy scale (highest at top) and also a guide for introducing food to the allergic infant. The gist of what I've read/been told over and over again is that a baby with any signs of an allergy should be treated as potentially allergic to everything. Maybe this is overkill, but it's not like the food is such a huge deal as far as nutrition the first year. So we're being super cautious and taking our time, much to the bafflement of relatives. But my nephew is also dairy allergic, and they misunderstood the condition (called it "lactose intolerance, so he can't have breastmilk" ) and switched him to...cow milk formula. When he developed really bad eczema and asthma at about 7 months, they switched him to straight goat milk. And the poor kid also has to carry an epi pen because his father is anaphylactic for bee stings and shellfish/seafood. There's also a history of asthma/hay fever in the family, and apparently this also predisposes to food allergies.

Kelly, I do hear you on missing cheese in Mexican food especially. I do avocado instead for a lot of things. We've been eating more asian food as that's easy to cook quickly and doesn't require extensive recipe modification. Thai curries are easy enough. Mmm coconut milk.

Candice, Harper pooped pieces of a board book for like 3 days. Doh. Good luck with the studying!
Well, the reason I was concerned about the fruit was BECAUSE of my mother's sensitivity/allergy to strawberries, oranges, banana, honeydew, tomato.. um, is there anything else? Jonah had bright red face when fruits touched his skin. BUT technically he has only had pears, apple sauce, banana, and peaches, so not actually citrus or tomato. We thought it might be a reaction to the asorbic (sp??) acid maybe?? What is in all fruits that could cause that reaction but not in veggies??? Not sure, but mom said her allergy started that way and so we just stopped giving him the fruits. Will try again later. Just know that I am not going to get any help/advice from my ped I guess...

And why is everyone so concerned if I give my kid meat? All fine and dandy if you want to give your kid meat, truly, but I just feel like, if he doesn't have the teeth to chew it, it can wait and most likely we will start with fish anyway. Everyone keeps asking me when I am going to give him meat... : Sheesh, I haven't even finished "introducing" veggies yet....

But yeah, we are actually going relatively slowly, but, um, Jonah wants food now. He screams when you don't feed it to him fast enough. So, he may get bored with having the same things over and over again but so far he's good... But I will check out your sites, thanks. I did not have to worry about this stuff with Christian. Man, I am seeing more and more how easy a kid he was.... No food allergies to speak of, rarely got sick.

Quote:

It wasn't me... I was bankimg on Amy..... Lindsey? Glad to have you back :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#252 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 01:10 PM

Lisa, I've missed you! glad you're back
#253 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
And I forgot to add: What have I missed? How are the babes? Amy, I was thinking about Maggie the other day since she's about to be 1. Wow, I can't believe it. Time really does fly, eh?
Let's see.... we have new stats! As of yesterday we are 17 lbs, 14.9 oz ; 27 1/4 in. long and our head is 18 1/4 in. round. Um, I have big headed kids

We are crawling very well, pulling ourselves up and starting to do the hand over hand thing to get ourselves in motion. Have 4 teeth, 2 on top, 2 on bottom, but the second one on top took a while to join the first so he totally looks like snaggle tooth. Have THE best belly laugh in the world:

#254 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 01:46 PM

Hi Lisa! These mamas are a force, eh?

Okay, I'm feeling so totally spoiled as I love our family doctor! I feel like I should go give her a hug now for being so pro-extended breastfeeding, leaving the vax thing up to us, and giving me a big smile when I told her I nursed Boo for 2 and a half years. Our first ped was totally not in sync with us as a family, but this doctor is so great! We all really love her ... and now I think I should write her a note or something for being so cool.

As for the "Spank your child to sleep" : One of my HUGEST petpeeves is people who think babies and little children (and Seniors, too) should be treated in a way they would never even think of treating another adult. Like, if your spouse was having trouble sleeping I doubt that guy would shout "just shut up and go to bed!" :

In happy news ... Max has discovered that he can flap his fingers over his bottom lip and "blabbu blabbu blabbu" over and over. It is hysterical He has also discoverd that if he rolls fast enough he can get away from me when I'm changing his diaper ... not so hysterical to me, but he thinks it is a riot

Best wishes, mamas! I know I mentioned this before, but I'm so glad to have connected with you all again I've been loading each page into my browser so I can read off line ... all day long whenever I get a few minutes I sit and read and feel connected to my June mama tribe again. Love it!

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#255 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingKara View Post
In happy news ... Max has discovered that he can flap his fingers over his bottom lip and "blabbu blabbu blabbu" over and over. It is hysterical
oh you have to get that on tape!
#256 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 02:48 PM

ok mamas.

I suck. I have lost all of your addresses so I can't send my tomato photos out until I get them again I am not well organized.
#257 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
ok mamas.

I suck. I have lost all of your addresses so I can't send my tomato photos out until I get them again I am not well organized.
I gotchya covered.

#258 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I gotchya covered.
you rock! Thank you so much
#259 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 03:56 PM

So... what's happened today?

Lisa is back
Spanking to sleep is bad - is that why she won't sleep?
Ange makes big headed kids
Kara's babe can babble.

What else

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#260 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post

Lisa is back
Kara's babe can babble.

What else
I DO! Knew childbirth hurt for some reason Still trying to figure out who did Lisa's ddddc... (was that enoug d's????)

#261 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkbar View Post
Lisa, I've missed you! glad you're back
Me too.

Quote:
Let's see.... we have new stats! As of yesterday we are 17 lbs, 14.9 oz ; 27 1/4 in. long and our head is 18 1/4 in. round. Um, I have big headed kids

We are crawling very well, pulling ourselves up and starting to do the hand over hand thing to get ourselves in motion. Have 4 teeth, 2 on top, 2 on bottom, but the second one on top took a while to join the first so he totally looks like snaggle tooth. Have THE best belly laugh in the world:
Wow, 4 teeth already! Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post

Lisa is back
Kara's babe can babble.

What else
to you too and to everyone else.

Spanking: I'm also against this. I think hitting promotes hitting. End of story.

Lindsey: Got the Ergo today. Thank you so much!! I can't wait to put him in it. He's sleeping right now though. We may have to buy it from you..and thanks for those other things. Marley loves that little "princess halo". Will get a pic of her wearing it soon. I sent your minerals out today too. And, was it you??

AF: Anyone else get there's back? I got it back like, a week or so before Elijah turned 6 months. Which surprised the heck out of me, to say the least. But it makes me wonder...with Marley, it came back right around when I lost all the baby weight (7m) and with Elijah the same thing happened. Anyone else?
#262 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Best wishes, mamas! I know I mentioned this before, but I'm so glad to have connected with you all again I've been loading each page into my browser so I can read off line ... all day long whenever I get a few minutes I sit and read and feel connected to my June mama tribe again. Love it!
And we're glad you're here!

Quote:
AF: Anyone else get there's back? I got it back like, a week or so before Elijah turned 6 months. Which surprised the heck out of me, to say the least. But it makes me wonder...with Marley, it came back right around when I lost all the baby weight (7m) and with Elijah the same thing happened. Anyone else?
Um, no AF here. It's been 16 months now? Wonder why...oh yeah, I've been PREGNANT that whole time.

Speaking of pregnant, I still am! 33wks today, and my cervix is "closed up tight" according to my OB. And he said it with a big ole smile on his face. Not in a creepy way, just a "hey glad you're not having another preemie" way. Very good feeling!

So I've got all Jacksons clothes from NB-6months washed, and all the NB and small diapers and covers. I need to get the clothes put away in the bottom drawer of Sam's dresser, and put half the diapers in our room, and half down here in the diaper dresser in the living room. I also need to sew some wipes 'cause the disposables get thrown in the wash with the CDs anyway. Might as well switch to cloth wipes too.

As of Tuesday, Sam is 18 pounds even, 27 1/2 inches, and no idea how big her head is. I just know it's round, which surprises her ped every time he sees her. He walks in the room and just shakes his head and smiles when he looks at her, so glad for how far she's come. She is getting her second tooth, still on the bottom, so she's kinda cranky today. She rolls like crazy, can clear a room in no time, and is getting closer to crawling. She might just skip crawling though, 'cause instead of pushing herself on to her knees, she plants her feet and pikes her butt up in the air and then pushes up with her arms so she's standing in an upside down "v". Very cute. She's trying to pull herself up, but not quite there yet. She likes playing with food more than eating it. She self-fed with a spoon last night, sticking it in her pureed pears and pineapples and then shoving the spoon in her mouth. She got about half a serving in her belly, and half a serving ON her belly. We had fun though. She has also recently discovered the joy of banging solid objects against one another. Loads of fun.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#263 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 04:25 PM

Katie is having her first bath with Daddy. He used to be nervous he wouldn't "do it right." Now not so much, I guess. Sounds like they're having fun, though he wasn't impressed with me turning the water temp down for her.

My yummy treats arrived yesterday, but I don't have them yet. My parents' stupid post office no longer delivers packages, which I suppose saves on theft, but if you're not home to get it, they take it back to their depot and you have to pick it up the next day. Since we just crawled out of bed, I don't have it yet.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#264 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 04:25 PM

Oh, and we're very anti-spanking, but B was all for CIO until HE looked it up (!) and whatever he read said, "have you ever cried yourself to sleep? How did it make you feel?" That was all he needed to hear to know it wasn't a good thing to do to our kids. And I'm very proud of him for coming to that himself, because I know he gets tired of me harping on child-rearing issues. But he's a good sport, nonetheless.

#265 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Katie is having her first bath with Daddy. He used to be nervous he wouldn't "do it right." Now not so much, I guess. Sounds like they're having fun, though he wasn't impressed with me turning the water temp down for her.

My yummy treats arrived yesterday, but I don't have them yet. My parents' stupid post office no longer delivers packages, which I suppose saves on theft, but if you're not home to get it, they take it back to their depot and you have to pick it up the next day. Since we just crawled out of bed, I don't have it yet.
Well get your tush over there! And grab some cream cheese for the pumpkin bread.

#266 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:

Spanking: I'm also against this. I think hitting promotes hitting. End of story.

Lindsey: Got the Ergo today. Thank you so much!! I can't wait to put him in it. He's sleeping right now though. We may have to buy it from you..and thanks for those other things. Marley loves that little "princess halo". Will get a pic of her wearing it soon. I sent your minerals out today too. And, was it you??
You wouldn't spank Elijah to sleep?

Wow, you got that package fast...must not have been my MIL delivering it! You'll really need to adjust the straps on the Ergo...DH had it on last. I could never get Marlow to quit trying to stand up in it.

I'm glad Marley likes the princess thingy.I remember you mentioned that she liked to play princess. I got that in Beaver Island.

I'm so glad you're back!

Thank you for the minerals!
#267 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
And we're glad you're here!

Um, no AF here. It's been 16 months now? Wonder why...oh yeah, I've been PREGNANT that whole time.

Speaking of pregnant, I still am! 33wks today, and my cervix is "closed up tight" according to my OB. And he said it with a big ole smile on his face. Not in a creepy way, just a "hey glad you're not having another preemie" way. Very good feeling!

So I've got all Jacksons clothes from NB-6months washed, and all the NB and small diapers and covers. I need to get the clothes put away in the bottom drawer of Sam's dresser, and put half the diapers in our room, and half down here in the diaper dresser in the living room. I also need to sew some wipes 'cause the disposables get thrown in the wash with the CDs anyway. Might as well switch to cloth wipes too.

As of Tuesday, Sam is 18 pounds even, 27 1/2 inches, and no idea how big her head is. I just know it's round, which surprises her ped every time he sees her. He walks in the room and just shakes his head and smiles when he looks at her, so glad for how far she's come. She is getting her second tooth, still on the bottom, so she's kinda cranky today. She rolls like crazy, can clear a room in no time, and is getting closer to crawling. She might just skip crawling though, 'cause instead of pushing herself on to her knees, she plants her feet and pikes her butt up in the air and then pushes up with her arms so she's standing in an upside down "v". Very cute. She's trying to pull herself up, but not quite there yet. She likes playing with food more than eating it. She self-fed with a spoon last night, sticking it in her pureed pears and pineapples and then shoving the spoon in her mouth. She got about half a serving in her belly, and half a serving ON her belly. We had fun though. She has also recently discovered the joy of banging solid objects against one another. Loads of fun.
I'm glad to hear all of that!
#268 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Best wishes, mamas! I know I mentioned this before, but I'm so glad to have connected with you all again
I feel the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post

How awesome is that?! Wow, many kudos to you Sarah. I couldn't imagine being 33wks pg right now. I'm so happy for you.
#269 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Marlow always bathes with DH...well with me once in a long time but he is better with a wet squirmy baby than me. Tell him to watch for poops!
#270 of 1645 Old 01-04-2007, 04:36 PM

no AF over here either....you can keep mine.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page