4 month old sleeping all night? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-19-2007, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This may seem like a dumb question...but lately (the last...2 to 3 weeks) dd has been sleeping from about 9:00 pm to 7:00 am without waking. DH and I sleep in the room next to hers, doors open - I would absolutely hear her if she woke up. In fact a few times, I have woke up about halfway through the night because she is making noise, but by the time I get back to her with a bottle of formula (and I do get up immdiately) she is fast asleep already. I don't want to wake her, obviously. And if she really wanted to be fed, she would let me know - believe me, this baby has no gradual buildup of hunger, lol. If she is hungry, she is hungry NOW and you better get a bottle ready.

I don't mind that she is sleeping, obviously, but it concerns me that she doesn't wake up with a wet diaper during the night. When she wakes up in the morning, she is in a GREAT mood...usually just cooing or babbling to herself until I come in with the bottle, but of course, her diaper is soaked through the dipe and her pajamas. I don't like the idea of her sleeping in a wet diaper, but I don't know if I should try to wake her to change her in the middle of the night. We are moving to the next size diaper, so that will help with soaking through to the bedding, but it doesn't help her being in a wet diaper for so long.

Any advice or validation from anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2007, 07:11 PM

We didn't do overnight changes at that age once she stopped pooping all the time. Unless it bothers the baby or you are noticing signs of rash, then leave sleeping babies to sleep. Are you using cloth? You can change the insert system in pocket diapers to add more absorbency. She might sleep through a change if she's in deep sleep. Worth a try.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

We were doing cloth for the first 3 weeks...then colic hit and hit hard and it was all I could do to stay sane so we switched to disposables. I want to switch back though, so that is a thought. She isn't pooping during the night so that isn't a issue.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Enjoy!

My dd did that for about two weeks at 3 months. Now she is up every hour!

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
Old 01-19-2007, 08:43 PM

AH I envy you. dd is 4 1/2 months and has slept 8 hours....2x in her life.

i use sposies also and i make sure to change her RIGHT before bed and she usually makes it all night. a few times when she has a feeding just before bed she will get really wet and a trick thats nice for us is to use of of ds's diapers on top of her own! makes sure the bed and her clothes aren't soaked. sposies are MADE to pull all that wetness away from the booty so unless they are sensative then they should be fine!
Old 01-19-2007, 08:58 PM

My dd is 3 months and started to sleep through the night a couple of weeks ago. I do not wake her for a changing, I would just add some absorbency to her diaper. And enjoy this time because it might not last very long.

User Tag List