November 2006 Babies - February Thread - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2007, 04:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bobbi- I'm really sorry to hear about your husband being deployed again. It doesn't seem fair.

Today is Carter's 3 month birthday. He is also teething and getting the old man hair (balding on top and in back with a ring around the bottom.) I hadn't even been thinking about whether he'd roll over since dd didn't do it till 5 months.

We have had three stomach viruses in our house in the past two months and I am so done with them! I actually had to go to the ER on Monday because I got so dehydrated from throwing up and breastfeeding. I had to wait four hours to get an IV. Dh and ds were with me. They gave me three liters of fluid and then I chugged a ton of water. I guess I was really dehydrated. My bp was 96/33 and my heart rate was 140 when I checked in. I've never had numbers like those before. I also had a fever. I'm so glad it's over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2007, 05:13 AM

Yikes...I've been out of touch for awhile. Please add my daughter Logan...born November 30th =)
Old 02-26-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchizever View Post
I am still experimenting with the CDing. I used Pre-folds and Indisposables during her newborn phase but now that she is just about 15 lbs she is growing out of them. I just ordered a sample pack so I will get back to you on which ones I like best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
I am looking to get into CD'ing this summer with her, when I am able to devote the time to starting/maintaining it correctly. What are your favorites?
I love CDing. And oddly I love talking about it too. My DH thinks I'm crazy because I'm so attached to our diapers. When Morgan was first born she was in prefolds and bummis wraps. When she got to about 9 lbs we started putting her in FuzziBunz. I LOVE FBs. We have a pack of 18 (it was a shower gift from my brother and SIL) size smalls and she still has a few lbs to grow in them, but I have every intention of buying mediums for when she's big enough.

MrsHos - I'm so sorry to hear your DH is leaving again so quickly. That must be tough on all 4 of you.

CarmenJ- thanks for the teething necklace info. I'm not really sure how I would put one on Morgan... she has so many rolls on her neck...

Which reminds me, how do you prefer to deal with neck cheese? Come on, you know what i mean, that spit up that gets lost in the dark crevices of baby pudge and ferments into neck cheese... you thought you had it all, but no! There was a new fat layer to dig under today.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:38 PM

As usual, I'm reading every day but not really posting that much. It's great to hear about all your babes. I've never heard of a teething necklace and just might get one. We are just drooling these days, no fussiness from teething yet.

I know what you mean about the neck cheese! Now that DD has the extra chin it's always in there somewhere. I let her head carefully flop back in the tub or sometime while she's happy and wipe it out. I also try to keep it dry since DS got yeast in there and it was gross!

I'm feeling like I'm coming out of a fog! DD is three months old tomorrow and is just a differnt baby. SHe's usually made happy just by being picked up, she laughs and talks to everyone, not just me anymore, DH is able to enjoy her more. It's great to be done with the first 3 months!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Seraphina Judith, Theron, Joseph, Benjamin Louis, Darwin, Clayton!!!

We're now at 77 Babies! Can we end February on 80?

Sorry I've been gone awhile, but breastfeeding...or not...has really been taking its toll on me... DD is still refusing some/all of her feeds...Saw another lactation consultant yesterday and have a Ped. appt. tomorrow...GEEEEEZ...enough already. LC wanted me to use a SNS which is a pain in the )*$^(*&^ but I'm persevering...We had a good day yesterday and now it's back to the nursing strike...She weighs 13 lbs so she's clearly not wasting away, but she is REALLY REALLY hungry - just won't nurse most of the time. Anyone else ever try a SNS/lactation aid?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:08 PM

twogreencars - I'm afraid I'm not the best person to discuss this with you, but yes I did use an SNS. DD was not getting any milk from me at all (when she was 3 weeks old I was at an LC and she attached me to a hospital graded pump and DD hadn't even cleared the collostrum). After she had lost nearly 2 lbs and was not gaining anything back we had to go to an SNS and put what little I could pump as well as some formula in the feeder. DD HATED it. She would twist her head around and flail her arms to get off the boob and away from the tube. Anyway, It did not work for us, but as it turns out most of the problem we had (which no one bothered to tell me until about a week ago when we went to a pedi) was because DD was slightly tongue tied which was why her suck was so weak. Anyway, BF did not work out for us, much to my heartbreak and personal lashing, but I'm glad I tried the SNS so I could at least reassure myself that we did what we could.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:15 AM

Dov rolled over today! Twice in the morning, though he wouldn't do it again for his daddy in the evening. I'm so glad I was there for this milestone, but I really shouldn't have been -- I was playing hooky from school. It makes me sad to think I shoudl be mising all this -- not the first time he rolls over, but every time he does after that. .

Greencars -- I don't have any advice for you -- just
Old 02-27-2007, 02:55 AM

good luck twogreencars!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:54 PM

We tried the SNS.....didn't work for us either :-(
BEST of luck though, Lord knows you're giving this your all. What a dedicated mama :-)
Old 02-27-2007, 10:09 PM

twogreencars - I so admire you for your dedication - what a wonderful mom you are!!!

I think my dd is going through a growth spurt - she is nursing every two hours now (instead of every three like she has been) and is a bit crankier than usual. But I have been rewarded with some newly magnificent smiles in between her crankiness. I think the smiles are b/c she is so proud of herself that she had STAND UP now!! Of course not without my help - but all she needs me for is to balance - it is so remarkable to see the growth and change. She still has not rolled over - but that is fine with me - that enters a whole new stage and will have to think about babyproofing!!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:13 AM

well i was enduced so i had my son early.....but i think it is really cool he was born on the 28th cause i was born on may28th ...... but it seems like only yesterday he was waking up every two hours wanting food .....and now he sleep through the night i usually have to feed him once.....at 2 weeks he weeks he was already holding his head up and moving around......now he is sooting and sitting up really good trying to hold his bottle and talking away just like his mommie well we can't understand him yet but i tell him i love you and he will go blah blah blah it sounds just like he is saying i love you it is sooo cute.......scott is 24 inches long and 13lbs he will be 3 months old tomorrow im sooo excited....so on my birthday he will be 6 months old......and ill be 25 he is my first child and might be my only child i wanted to have 2 but i am still having alot of complications from my labor as you can read about with some of my other post ....... well it is getting bed time but im glad i have found this group ....can wait to talk some more

jenn.j3nn
*alabama*
Old 02-28-2007, 01:19 AM

Scott is also giggling ....especially while he is sleeping it is so cute ....he has the strongest lil grip he loves to hold mommie and daddies fingers.....he likes to roll over from stomach to his back but he hates to stay on his back....he knows where is hands are and likes to suck on them....lol ......i have also caught him like holding his hands together like ....... he is more aware of things now......and i think he is starting to realize who scott is ......anways that is all for tonite going to be now ttyl
Old 02-28-2007, 02:24 AM

DD is also standing with help. she has no sense of balance at all, but the power is all there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchizever View Post
twogreencars - I so admire you for your dedication - what a wonderful mom you are!!!

I think my dd is going through a growth spurt - she is nursing every two hours now (instead of every three like she has been) and is a bit crankier than usual. But I have been rewarded with some newly magnificent smiles in between her crankiness. I think the smiles are b/c she is so proud of herself that she had STAND UP now!! Of course not without my help - but all she needs me for is to balance - it is so remarkable to see the growth and change. She still has not rolled over - but that is fine with me - that enters a whole new stage and will have to think about babyproofing!!
Old 02-28-2007, 03:36 AM

Nate is getting so close to 4 months old (only 10 more days) and he's becoming such a little boy. I can't believe how quickly he is growing up. *sniff* I pulled out the exersaucer that my cousin gave me and I just can't believe he could be big enough for that already.

Teething: He's been drooling and hand sucking like crazy lately. I'm pretty sure that he's well into pre-teething.

Thrush: Ugh, ugh, ugh. We've had it since almost the beginning. The nystatin that the doctor prescribed hasn't done anything. (Well I guess it has kept me from getting a full blown infection but he's had constant white patches in his mouth.) Right now I'm trying Dr. Jay Gordon's grapefruit seed extract treatment. I think it might be working somewhat but it's not nearly gone yet.

Pacifier: We're a pacifier family because it seems to give him such a calm. I really resisted it at the beginning but the second I give it to him, I can see his whole little body relax (and his eyes close). I only use it for naps and I try not to feel too guilty about it.

Sleep: Nate has started waking up more at night. I'm not sure if it is the pre-teething or a grow spurt but he's nursing every 2-3 hours at night. We don't co-sleep (his choice - he is so much happier in his crib with his night light, sleep-sac and mobile and just restless and fussy in our bed), so I'm more tired than it was when was was a newborn and slept a solid 6 or more hours at night. But at the same time I'm enjoying BF more and more. It feels so important and I feel so lucky to be able to do this for him.

~m. Mama to two! DS (11/2006) and DD (07/2010).

Old 02-28-2007, 02:20 PM

Trenton was born on Nov. 19th 2006. he is now 14 weeks old and weighs 15 lbs 11 oz and is 25.5 inches long. big boy! he eats so much!!! He sits pretty well with my support and dr. says very healthy!!! After contimplating for months we decided against vaxing. my dh got on here and read all of you ladies opinions so thank you for helping me gain his support on this issue!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

79 Babies born November 2006

Trenton and Scott!

There MUST be 80 out there !!! Still missing November 8, 11, 29 !
Old 02-28-2007, 08:19 PM

Ruby Isabella was born on 11-19. She had her 3 mo. wbv last wk. and gained almost 3 lbs. and grew 2.5" in a little over a month. She now weighs 13 lbs., 1 oz... Boob juice rocks . Ruby is our second DD, she has a big sister Lucy, who is 6. We feel very blessed

Nice to "meet" everyone!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Ruby Isabella our 80th November 2006 Babe!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:18 PM

Old 03-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Sap

I have a Nov. 3rd baby! Hana Rae, my sceduled section breech baby!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Hana Rae !

Now there are 81 November 2006 babies!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:25 PM

hey where has our group moved too i miss it helllpppppppppp
Old 03-10-2007, 09:30 PM

Scroll down - we are there!!

~*~*~ *November 2006 Mamas - Happy March ~*~*~*

It seems that each month we start another thread.

User Tag List