November 2006 Babies - February Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 353 Old 02-03-2007, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Amber, Awen is cute. You have the same Boppy we do.
Bobbie, I'm so happy your DH is coming home. He must be so excited to see the new baby. I can't imagine how hard it must've been for your to have the baby without your DH around! I think you should have baby wear the shirt that says, "Silly daddy, tits are for kids." I need to get one of those.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#62 of 353 Old 02-03-2007, 02:59 PM

thanks katie
bobbie, i vote for the tits are for kids. yay for your dh coming home!

11/06 and 1/09 :
#63 of 353 Old 02-03-2007, 03:52 PM

To whoever posted about the thrush/yeast issues and that tea a couple pages back (no time to look, sorry.): Thank you! I'm gonna get that tea today or Monday. We are currently on Diflucan, GFSE and probiotics and feeling better, but just can't seem to quite kick it. After two months of dealing with this crap I'm tired of it and longing to just nurse without all the mess. Maybe that tea will put us over the top!

Bobbie: So exciting! I can't imagine how you must be feeling! Best wishes!

Well, DD is doing great. SHe'll be 10 weeks on Monday. She's smiling and cooing a lot, especially at her big brother. SHe doesn't reach for stuff or roll yet, but tries to sit up when she's on her back. Continues to sleep well at night in our bed. SHe's sleeping almost always on her tummy though. Makes me a nervous wreck but I find she gets herself in that position after nursing from sidelying and she wakes when I move her to her back. Her next checkup is in a week and I"m dreading it. I hate my doctor. I'm trying to get my wonderful LC to recommend a new family doctor for us. Hopefully we can switch soon.

Happy weekend!
#64 of 353 Old 02-03-2007, 06:31 PM

Aiden also sleeps best on his tummy. I always feel guilty when I let him, but he just does SO much better....

For co-sleeping...thanks for all the advice. Aiden was starting the night in his crib, then half way through would come to bed. But now he just starts in bed. I'm trying to get him to nap in his crib during the day.....but he sleeps so lightly in there, he wakes all the time. I'm going to try putting him against the wall and having ME in the middle....but honestly, I've ended up covering him with blankets or stuff instead of my boyfriend!! So maybe my boyfriend should be in the middle....
#65 of 353 Old 02-03-2007, 06:50 PM

Bobbie: I am so excited for you. I like the same shirt everyone else voted for!

Fiona also refuses to nap in her crib. Her favorite nap spots would be the breast she fell asleep nursing on, my left arm, and her father's shoulder. She will also sleep in her swing if the other options are out! Hopefully she will be ok sleeping in the swing or a bouncy seat at the sitter's on Monday.

How do you all weigh your kids? I mean, other than going to the ped. I am concerned with her reflux that she isn't gaining the way she should be. Do I just call the peds and ask if I can bring her in and weigh her quick? I hate to bring her into that germy place, but I do have concerns.

Have a great Saturday.

Jill :, partner to DH:, mother to DD 11/06 :, DD 2/2010 .
#66 of 353 Old 02-03-2007, 08:09 PM

Hey, mamas, Check out what I made. I finished it today! It's so comfy!
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...Atticus221.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...Atticus223.jpg
For naps, Atticus usually will sleep in his swing or on me. He has the hardest time sleeping on his own. I hate using the swing, but hey, the kid has to nap, right?!

#67 of 353 Old 02-03-2007, 09:26 PM

Hi, I don't think we're on the list either.

Dov was born on 11/15 (his due date! punctual little chap, no?), so he's 11.5 weeks old and a hefty 14+lb.

For some reason from yesterday through now he has been basically nursing around the clock. Nursing, nursing, nursing. I feel like I did when he was just born... We both have a cold, and i have a bad earache, so I'm thinking maybe he does too and nursing helps? Though he's not acting uncomfortable (except when he can't breathe through his nose...).

Dov sleeps with me most of the time. In my bed he'll sleep on his side, but for naps when there's no warm body next to him, it has to be his tummy. He's nowhere near rolling, but he does try to pick his head up when he's on his back, and he loves hitting the toys on his bouncy seat (which he tolerates for 20 minutes if I'm sitting right next to him).
#68 of 353 Old 02-03-2007, 10:30 PM

Hi! I did try to get added to the list last month, but I think my very short post was understandably missed, so thanks in advance for the add!

Colin will be 12 weeks tomorrow and is doing great. He started off at 8lbs. 3 oz./20.5" and is already at least 17 lbs. (!)/25"...we haven't been for a WBV since he was 2 weeks old, but our ped was shocked that he was already 9lb 10oz by then...my DD gained really quickly in the beginning, too, but she wasn't 17lbs until 4 months and she weighed 2 more oz. at birth than DS.

Colin is EBF and I am still nursing DD. During my pregnancy, DD (just turned 3) went down to 2x/day (pre-nap and bed), but since Colin's birth, she dropped her nap, so only nurses now right before bed. It's a bit of a juggle at bedtimes (DH works until 8pm and so I try to get DC to bed before then), but we're managing - DH didn't go back to work (a new job, actually) until Colin was 8 weeks old, so I know how lucky I was to have him around that whole time and got REALLY spoiled. We are so fortunate things worked out that way for our family.

Colin's birth was everything I could've hoped for...totally above and beyond anything I had expected. I had a pretty bad experience with DD; I ended up having a placenta accreta and had to have an emergency D&C and receive 2 units of blood after her delivery. I was just totally blindsided by it (this was following a very long, exhausting, back labor) -- everyone was, as I had absolutely no preexisting factors (prior C-section, D&C etc.) that would've raised by risk of having it. I'm STILL dealing with the birth trauma, but Colin's was definitely a healing birth. I spent most of my pregnancy bracing myself for a repeat, as I was at a definite risk of having a repeat accreta and there was no way to tell if I had one until delivery. I was so lucky to have found such wonderful midwives who were willing to deliver me (albeit in a hospital, due to my history) - it was the closest to a homebirth I will ever be able to know. I went 3 days over my "due date," my water broke about 20 minutes after nursing DD, which brought on CRAZY strong and frequent contractions, labored at home for 2 more hours, then delivered DS less than 2 hours after getting to the hospital (I only got to be in the jacuzzi for a few minutes, since within seconds of getting in, I was ready to push!) We were home with DD about 20 hours later. Even though I didn't have an epidural with DD either, I did received pitocin and a dose of Stadol a few hours before the delivery, so this birth was truly the drug- and intervention-free experience I had been hoping for. The one *weird* thing was that even though I didn't have any retained placenta or anything, they did find that I had something called a velamentous cord insertion, which, among other things, if I'd had my water broken for me, could've been disastrous for me and/or the baby...my midwives told me it was just (yet another) freak thing - it happens within seconds of implantation, apparently - but luckily it didn't cause any problems, so I really haven't thought too much about it and consider us lucky nature took its course and everything turned out so well. Supposedly, my two weird placenta "problems" are completely unrelated, but it does seem kind of suspicious to me... I'm pretty sure we're going to call it quits with two children, as much as we thought we wanted to have 3, as I really don't want to tempt fate a third time and am just so grateful my children and I are here and so healthy.

We co-sleep. My DD sleeps in her crib-turned-toddler-bed (as least it's finally getting some use!) next to DH and DS sleeps between DH and I, despite our intentions to have him sleep in the Arm's Reach co-sleeper we bought him. Occasionally, we can put him (already asleep) down in it for a nap, but he never naps longer than 30 minutes unless he's in the car or being held. He wakes every 1-3 hours (usually 2) and has only slept 4 hours at night once. DD didn't sleep through the night (and has always fought sleep/terrible napper) until she was 27 months old (I was 3 months pregnant with Colin), when my milk dried up, so I'm assuming we're going to have another very light, sleep-fighter on our hands for the next few years. We always thought a lot of DD's sleep had to do with her teething, which was continuous hell from the time she was a few months old until she was 2+...

So, does this maybe sounds like pre-teething to you guys...???

Colin, all of a sudden, at 8 weeks: went from sleeping quite decently and soundly to only taking catnaps and being in light sleep a lot of the time, waking a lot more frequently; nursing only about 5-6 minutes per session to nursing as frequently but for ages and ages (suddenly went from very efficient nutritive-only nursing to big-time comfort nursing); not spitting up at all to spitting up (the curdy, sour-smelling stuff) almost every time he burps (this could just be related to the increase in constant nursing, though); went from really easygoing almost all of the time to much more noticeably fussy (luckily this isn't an everyday occurrence); "normal" looking, frequent poops to frequent, very watery, sometimes green (usually green blobs), VERY mucusy, sometimes without many or any seeds, that smell like normal breastmilk poop. (After a week or two of these kinds of diapers, I cut out cheese and the little bit of milk I drink (in my coffee) thinking maybe it was a sudden dairy allergy...but it's been 2 weeks and even though he only poops about 1-2x/day as of the last week - down from up to 6x/day - they're still very watery and always mucousy and have some greenish stuff mixed in about half the time. I have substituted soy products for the dairy ones, which I just read today I shouldn't have been doing, but I'm not even convinced this has anything to do with my diet...do you?? Could this really happen out of the blue at 8 weeks, despite not changing anything in my diet? I'm really at a loss.) The same goes for the milk-imbalance theory: could, if we didn't change anything in our nursing, something just all of a sudden go haywire at 8 weeks?? And the last thing I've been told (because of the green/mucous) it could be is a virus: but it's been 4 weeks, no one else has been sick in our family or anyone we've been around (we don't go out much inside public places or are around other children much, either), and he just has never seemed sick, so I really highly doubt it's a virus. We do have a WBV on Nov. 12th, so I'll obviously bring it up to the ped. DD got her first 4 teeth right at 5 months, and so it's not that strange if DS is teething already. I guess I just didn't think the poop thing or the poor sleep and constant nursing would last for more than a few days if it was teething. He's also been constantly chomping furiously on his hands and drooling and all that (which I know, developmentally, most babies are doing about now, regardless of teething, right?) and I don't know what else to think. I just don't want to assume it's teething and be overlooking something else, like my diet etc. Have I overlooked anything?? I would totally try the elimination diet, but I'd like to know first if it's likely that's the culprit before I do it. Any insights you guys have would be greatly appreciated!

It's so great reading through this thread and hearing what everyone and their babies are up to...I hope we can keep this thread going for a really long time!!
#69 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 12:27 AM

Hi All! You move fast! I just read four pages to catch up.

Now.... where to start replies and my whine (thanks in advance for listening! ).

Co-sleeping- we do it and I use a bedrail, usually keeping ds on that side. Sometimes he sleeps in my armpit on the other side. Dh sleeps stiffly, soundly and without moving, ever, on the 'extra 18 inches' of space we gained with a king size bed. Carl and I have lots of room! Dd (2.5 years) sleeps in her twin bed in our room. We started working on her sleeping in her bed when she was walking and could get in and out of it. She can come sleep with us at night but now prefers her bed.

I like co-sleeping with my baby- I would never relax otherwise. With Cecilia, I encouraged a lot of night nursing because I was working. Then when she was 6 mo. I decided that I wanted to be with her and changed to jobs I could do with her. So she really had gotten used to nursing at night and when she was one I night weaned her.... is it CIO if you pat them and cuddle them while they scream 'nuuuuse, nuuuuse, mommy!'? 'Cause that's what I did. I had to night wean, I was going insane. It worked out okay. With this baby I do not encourage night nursing. He mostly needs the comfort of me close to him- he still cries and cries and cries for his papa.

So.... I took my 'well baby' to his two month check and guess what? He had a prickly heat rash, diaper rash (well, I knew that), excema (sp?), and a red left ear. Great. And I have an enlarged thyroid. Peachy.

I started cutting dairy from my diet for the excema.... I am so glad to hear that others of you have had to give up foods too! Keeps me from a total pity party.

Now, anyone have a funky thyroid? I am getting my blood checked on Monday. What does one do about this and will it get better on it's own?

Okay, my whining.... I'm sick! Really sick. Dd is fine and Carl is crabby, so he's probably sick too. I will be so upset if his ear gets worse and I have to do abx with a little baby. So tonight I asked dh to help me so I could get some rest. I also explained that I don't want dd to be outside.... I'm not taking chances with her health! He says 'okay' and then as soon as I go upstairs with Carl he's talking to her about going next door to play with her cousins! Grrr.: In the end he did stay home and I was glad b/c Carl wouldn't nap with me. Of course, dh STILL hasn't figured out that Carl does not like to sit on the couch with him and watch the tube! Carl is a 'bounce and rock, bounce and rock' baby. So tonight dd was needy, dh was grumpy and Carl was fussy. And I'm sick! However, dh fell asleep with Cecilia so now the house is quiet.

Last thing... I do Holistic Moms! I love it because we do lots of parenting stuff, not just babies and nursing like LLL (which I also enjoy). I also love having MDC. It keeps me connected even when I'm stuck in the house.

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#70 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 01:20 AM

So here's the thing: with so many of us cutting out all dairy, some of us cutting out soy as well, what do you all eat for protein?

Admittedly I have been a picky eater my entire life. I can only eat meat if it isn't on a bone, and then I still sometimes have trouble with it. An aesthetic issue, I guess. Fiona can tolerate me eating chicken and a little ham, but other things not so well. I am also not doing any corn, eggs, and many of the veggies I love to prevent allergies or gas/fussiness in her.

So what are you all eating? Most days I have oatmeal for breakfast, a small sandwich with either chicken or ham on half a plain bagel, and some plain old chicken with a plain old potato (sometimes a sweet potato) and green beans or peas for dinner. I am getting a little sick of it, can you tell??

Any advice appreciated. All of my friends are like, "No chocolate? No dairy? I'd be formula feeding that baby." : Not helpful at all.

#71 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
So here's the thing: with so many of us cutting out all dairy, some of us cutting out soy as well, what do you all eat for protein?

Admittedly I have been a picky eater my entire life. I can only eat meat if it isn't on a bone, and then I still sometimes have trouble with it. An aesthetic issue, I guess. Fiona can tolerate me eating chicken and a little ham, but other things not so well. I am also not doing any corn, eggs, and many of the veggies I love to prevent allergies or gas/fussiness in her.

So what are you all eating? Most days I have oatmeal for breakfast, a small sandwich with either chicken or ham on half a plain bagel, and some plain old chicken with a plain old potato (sometimes a sweet potato) and green beans or peas for dinner. I am getting a little sick of it, can you tell??

Any advice appreciated. All of my friends are like, "No chocolate? No dairy? I'd be formula feeding that baby." : Not helpful at all.
I usually have peanutbutter on toast for breakfast...
Been doing some wild salads...with whatever meats I have--taco meat with avacado (lots--to replace cheese and sour cream) tomatoes, and tortilla chips. Or salad with scrambled eggs and bacon--ranch dressing of course...wait, does that have milk? Hmmm...I may have been screwing myself all along....hmmm
Anyways...lots of wild sandwiches too...just add avacado, and maybe thinly sliced tomatoes and I LOVE IT! Oh--cucumbers too! Salt, peper..
#72 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 12:40 PM

Yarrow slept through the night last night...9pm-6:30am...who's kid is this?? My 2yr old ds doesn't even sleep through the night!

My oldest also turned 12 yesterday! Holy cow! I was thinking when Yarrow is her age...I could be a grandma!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#73 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 01:10 PM

Megan-- it's not CIO when you are with your child, holding them or whatever.

Is anyone else's baby having these absurdly explosive poops now (last 2 weeks or so)? I don't mean just noisy. Ingrid went from pooping about 10 times a day, to maybe 4 X a day, with 1 or 2 of those times being so massive and leaky. Last night, she pooped and it shot out of her diaper, got on me and the couch. And it's a real bummer when she has one of these poops when we are out in public, b/c it usually involves a lot of cleanup, full clothing change, etc. The poop is often mucousy, but not green (asaunders-- my dd was born the same day as Colin). I'm just hoping that it won't always be this way ... ?

Bobbie -- yay that your husband is coming home. You must be SO excited. Your older child must be, too!

We took Ingrid swimming for the first time yesterday and she loved it. I knew she would. Our YMCA has a heated baby pool. It was so fun.

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#74 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

phew...just added a few more babes to the list. Ot took a while as there were hidden codes which I wanted to erase after every name...If you don't see your baby's name there - please say so in a post and I'll add it. I've not been around for a while as I've been playing with gemstones at the Gem Show...now I've got to take photos of the nursing necklaces and send them to those of you who wanted them! (if you do, please send me an email and I'll email you photos!)

No pacifiers for 1.5 weeks and no bottles for 6 days...Still DD seems to be not nursing as much as she...should? She will really only nurse on our bed and keeps coming off and on the nipple...Re: weight gain, we've got our postpartum doula's baby scale (she got it on Amazon for $99) so we can weigh the baby whenever we want...She's not really gaining, or gaining a little, or losing a little - depending on the time we weigh her and whether she's just gone to the bathroom or had a feed, etc. Now DH thinks she has a cold and maybe that's why she's not feeding a lot. DS and DD#1 have just had a flu like thing - DS had 103 + F. I really don't want the baby to get it...
DD is not rolling over, but she slithers around and if you put her in one position, she can move so she's sideways. I'm not sure where to put her down to nap once she's rolling...What are you co-sleepers going to do? Do we put her in the side car with pillows blocking the bed side of the crib? Do we lie her on our bed with pillows on either side of her? At the moment, she either naps on the bed (for shorter periods) or for longer periods in her swing. Well, gotta go and take some photos of jewelry! Oh, yeah...and have some breakfast!
#75 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 02:34 PM

hey everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi It is so hard for me to believe that Sydney 2.5 months adjusted!! She'll be 3 months adjusted on the 11th and in the past week she really has suddenly gone from being a baby to being her own little person if that makes any sense she's suddenly woken up and become VERY happy with everyone and everything, for the most part. It's so cute!!!

Does anyone else have a baby who is obsessed with chewing on their fingers??? She's turning one of her little fingers red, she's chewing on it so much

-sarah-
mom to three, 4 and under.
#76 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 02:37 PM

oh and a good tip on the Zantac - pump a little bit, and then once you've pulled the Zantac dose up in the syringe, pull a tiny bit of breastmilk up there after it. Then squirt it in their mouth. The breastmilk helps take away the taste of the Zantac a little bit. Or, you can ask your pharmacist to flavor it - ours will flavor it to grape, which probably wouldn't be too bad.

Or, if you're giving EBM in a bottle, mix it in the bottle with an ounce or so of breastmilk. Sydney gets supplemental bottles (my supply did not stay up...she was in the NICU for 4 months) and we just mix it that way. She doesn't even notice.

-sarah-
mom to three, 4 and under.
#77 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 03:10 PM

GreenCars -- I don't think Dov is on the list. 11/15

ATruck -- we've got the explosive poops too. His have been green for the past week or so, but it started before his cold and it wasn't bothering him so I'm not worried. He poops maybe 5 or 6 times a day, and each time you can hear it rooms away .
#78 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 04:40 PM

I typed this up yesterday then lost it... and went to be to try again today.

Weighing - in between WBVs, I will either weigh her if we're at the doc's for someone else (her brother's 2 year WBV is tomorrow and I'll weigh her then, too), or I'll weigh her at the post office! We live in a small (700 people) town and know the lady there well... so I'll have her weigh Mikki on a blanket, then the blanket with a similar outfit and cloth diaper. Subtract the second weight from the one with the baby and you get her "naked" weight. Not sure I'd be willing to do this in a bigger city, though - I guess it depends on the post office person.

Thyroid - I had problems start when my son was born. First I tested REALLY high, then REALLY low, then low but sane. My endocrinologist called it a thyroid storm and labeled it as post-partum thyroiditis. The idea was to slowly wean me off the synthetic thyroid hormone, but then I got pregnant with Mikki. So now I'm going through the weaning off as my body adjusts again.

Dairy Elimination - read the labels, but some dark chocolate is dairy free! I've been slowly working through some as a chocolate urge hits. We do a lot of meat/veggies, tacos (no cheese, but beans for flavor and I'd add avacado if they weren't so freaking expensive here right now), soups, chili (no cheese), rice milk when the recipe calls for milk.

Co-sleeping - yup, I've been co-sleeping with Mikki, too. We did with my son until about 9 months, then I went and co-slept with him the first time he woke up in his crib in the night. There was a bed in his room, so I'd pull him in there with me until morning. Then he just started sleeping the whole time. With Mikaela, she starts out in the co-sleeper and I pull her in when she wakes - usually at least 6 hours later (can you say AF will be here sooner than last time?)
#79 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov'sMom View Post
GreenCars -- I don't think Dov is on the list. 11/15
Dov was on my list to add...at the top...and...well, I must have started from the bottom. Anyway, Dov is officially on the list now!
#80 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

We have 52 (!) babies on the November list. Anyone else want their November 2006 baby added??
#81 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 06:19 PM

Allison, it's not unusual for food intolerances to start at 6-8 wks, that's normal. AJ's started at 8, Evan's started at 6 and Ilana's was about 6 too (lucky me, lol). Dairy is in a LOT of food, some babies are so sensitive that ANY amount of dairy will cause problems. If I even looked at dairy w/ Evan, he'd start screaming. Yeah, I can laugh about it now...anyways, I can help you if you want by giving you a list of dairy/soy derivatives. Close to 50% of babies who can't do dairy, can't do soy either.

Jill, I think you may be making it too hard on yourself w/ the diet. I'm all for eliminating if you've seen a reaction, but not in order to necessarily prevent allergies (except nuts, any food that has a strong allergy in your house, and sometimes shellfish). I hate to see you miserable by eliminating 'gassy' foods b/c you think it might make her gassy etc. Excuse me if I'm wrong and I read your post wrong, but I've been down this road for 2.5 yrs now and it gets old fast, especially if you're cutting out things unnecessarily. For protein I do meats, beans are always good and can be added to most all meals in some way, and sunbutter is the best! We use that a lot for me and Evan and to take to work since I work in a peanut free setting. What all are you avoiding? Oreos are dairy/soy free. lol If I feel the need to weigh baby, I call the ped and just come in for a weight check. I don't have to see the DR, but can once I weigh her if I think we need to. I also weigh her at my food allergy group. It's in a bfing clinic and they have a scale where anyone can come in weigh their babies, maybe you have a place like that near? I wish I lived closer to ours, it's an hour away so I only go to our group 2x mos when I can.

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#82 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 06:55 PM

I posted on the October and November DDC forums a little bit here and there (EDD was 11/02). Lilienne will be 3 months tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
Fiona is doing well. She is on Zantac and HATES it. It is the syrup form. We are picking up the Effertabs from the pharmacy today to see if that makes any difference for her.
Lily is on Zantac as well. She still spits up a lot but she's a happy baby now and she was not before, so I can deal with the spit-up. But what are Effertabs?

Lily will roll onto her side but I still don't think it's on purpose. She loves sitting up with help and standing up (I swear all she needs is balance for the standing, she can support her weight). If put in a sitting position, she will sit for a second but then start leaning a little to the side and then over she goes. She's sleeping between 5 and 7 hours without waking at night, then sleeps a little longer after that but wakes every 2 hours or so to nurse. We don't cosleep but she's right next to me in an Amby.

eta: Here's a photo:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...y/morning7.jpg
#83 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmenJ View Post
I posted on the October and November DDC forums a little bit here and there (EDD was 11/02). Lilienne will be 3 months tomorrow.
Just added Lilienne.
#84 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 07:58 PM

Carmen, check out www.zantac.com The Effertabs are just little pills you dissolve in water and then give baby the water. They taste kind of seltzery, and I still haven't decided what flavor, lol, supposedly citrusy.

#85 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 08:23 PM

We're such a hoppin' club! 52 babies, well now 53 with Lilienne. Carmen, she's so cute. Do you pronounce that like Lillian? Or something like that?
As for foods, I've not eliminated anything from my diet. At the beginning I tried limiting dairy because he had green poop; I was horrible at not eating dairy, but eventually the green poop went away on its own. We don't seem to have any problems now- knock on wood!

#86 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeach80 View Post
Carmen, check out www.zantac.com The Effertabs are just little pills you dissolve in water and then give baby the water. They taste kind of seltzery, and I still haven't decided what flavor, lol, supposedly citrusy.
Thanks! I'll call the doctor and see if they can call in a prescription for those instead of the syrup. I think I'm going to try the EBM in a bottle trick mentioned earlier in the thread (I just finally finished reading all 5 pages).

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
We're such a hoppin' club! 52 babies, well now 53 with Lilienne. Carmen, she's so cute. Do you pronounce that like Lillian? Or something like that?
Thank you Pronounced mostly like Lillian but when I say it I'm thinking the "enne" and so that makes it a little different for me, but not so much that anyone else would notice. My little secret I guess.

Are there any c-section mamas here? I had Lily via emergency c-section. I ask because we are also on the "no dtd yet" wagon, unfortunately. And we have tried, but it hurts ... but Lily never made it that far, kwim? I'm a little mystified. And disappointed. (So is DH, poor thing.)
#87 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 09:46 PM

I had a c/s w/ my oldest, but he did give me a 2nd degree tear before my c/s though. In that case, I bet it has to do w/ bfing. It often can leave things really dry down there and just not fun. In my world, bfing and sex just don't get along. Poor dh! I know some moms do well w/ creams like premarin if good ole lube doesn't cut it.

#88 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeach80 View Post
I had a c/s w/ my oldest, but he did give me a 2nd degree tear before my c/s though.
How did you get a 2nd degree tear and a c/s? I thought one tore when the baby was coming out...vaginally. ??
#89 of 353 Old 02-04-2007, 11:21 PM

Quick post - baby in arms...

Thanks a million times over for recommending EBM in the dropper with the Zantac. Fiona took it that way without even making a face!!! You have seriously made my entire night - she used to gag on it and I felt like Mommy Dearest!

#90 of 353 Old 02-05-2007, 01:48 AM

nak i weigh awen at the birth center. my midwives that i had are really easy going. i had a home birth but went to the birth center for all my prenatal appts. there is a post partum group at the center so if i go to that i weigh her then. i am so glad i had this option cause she was a sloooow but steady gainer and it helped put my mind at ease. i weigh her at least every 2 weeks still.

11/06 and 1/09 :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page