November 2006 Babies - February Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to February!
Our babies are going to be three months old! It's the end of the "Fourth Trimester". Can you believe it? I can't! Time has passed so quickly. : My DD is over 12 lbs. and starting to roll and sit up with help, and wakes up once during the night. I can't believe how big she's getting - her once tiny hands seem so much bigger than they were in November! How about you, mamas? How are your little ones? Thanks to Katiedidbug who started this list of babies in January!

I'll add your baby to the list when you post a thread. Here we go in February!

Sydney 7-27 (home from hospital 11-16)
Gabrielle 10/23
Benton 11/1
Georgia 11/2
Noah 11/2
Avishai 11/3
Devin 11/3
Hana Rae 11/3
Ilana 11/3
Porter 11/3
Abbi True 11/4
Awen 11/4
Chloe 11/4
Alex 11/5
Atticus 11/5
Lilienne 11/5
Clayton 11/6
Eden 11/6
Ian 11/6
Florian 11/7
Lillie 11/7
Peter 11/7
Ruck Turner 11/7
Eli 11/9
Magnus 11/9
Evangeline Lily Marie 11/10
Alex 11/12
Colin 11/12
Ethan 11/12
Ingrid 11/12
Vivian 11/12
Nyx 11/13
Jaxon 11/13
Emerson 11/14
Zeben 11/14
Dov 11/15
Elijah 11/15
Mikaela 11/15
Miriam 11/15
Aiden 11/16
Lea 11/16
Simi 11/16
Isabella 11/17
Landis 11/17
Morgan 11/17
Nate 11/17
Talia 11/17
Jericho 11/18
Joseph 11/18
Seraphina Judith 11/18
Carl 11/19
Landon 11/19
Liam 11/19
Ruby Isabella 11/19
Theron 11/19
Trenton 11/19
Fiona 11/20
Kira 11/20
Libby 11/20
TJ 11/21
Darwin 11/22
Benjamin Louis 11/23
Yarrow 11/23
Carter 11/24
Marissa 11/24
Quincy 11/25
Asheby 11/25
Dorothy 11/25
Yasmeen 11/26
Omiros 11/26
Adam 11/27
Dominic 11/27
Indigo 11/27
Mara 11/27
Joaquin 11/28
Khéna 11/28
Leroy 11/28
Macy 11/28
Scott 11/28
Yossi 11/28
Mila 11/30

Running Total: 81 Babies!
Missing Dates: November 8, 11, 29......c'mon you're out there somewhere

----------------------------------------------------------------
#2 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the new thread. we're not on the list.

Mara 11/27

My goal for today is to ease up on my four year old ds. Everyone around here is tired and it's so easy to have too high of expectations for him because well, there's a newborn to care for. Can't he see that? No. he's only 4. I will remember that today.
#3 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethkm View Post
Thanks for the new thread. we're not on the list.

Mara 11/27

My goal for today is to ease up on my four year old ds. Everyone around here is tired and it's so easy to have too high of expectations for him because well, there's a newborn to care for. Can't he see that? No. he's only 4. I will remember that today.
Welcome Bethkm and baby Mara (I just added her). We're a chatty and friendly bunch here!

I know what you mean with your DS. I've got a 12yo DS who has been running a fever : since Sat. and a 9yo DD who has just started her fever : yesterday! Both have been off school all week...I also need to remember they're both kids and lower my expectations! Compared to a baby, though, they appear soooooooooo grown up...:
#4 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 01:16 PM

I just found you! I was a somewhat active member of the October due date club, and then as 40 weeks became 42, I moved to the November club. Then I missed all of you (but discovered other interesting forums) until just a couple of days ago when I found the January thread here! It's fun to share experiences with others at the same stage.

Ian (11/6) is a happy, easygoing baby. I am beginning to relax about his allergic potential as he is passing the age at which my second daughter flared with eczema. I think he is sensitive to egg and possibly dairy. He likes to be bounced to sleep, rather than nursed to sleep, which is a change from my daughters and took some getting used to. He is fascinated by things that spin above his head and the camera (I take LOTS of photos!). He hasn't rolled over yet, except once probably unintentionally, tummy to back. I don't give him much opportunity to practice because I think it's so cold on the floor, even with a pile of blankets! He has a huge grin that takes over his whole body, and sometimes ends with a cute squeal.

I'm having trouble forcing myself to try putting him down to nap so I can do some housework ad focus on the girls! He's my last baby and I'm treasuring babyhood.

Michele, mom of DD 5/01, DD 11/03, and DS 11/06

http://michelepixels.com/

#5 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 01:32 PM

I've never shared a photo here before. Here's my son...

#6 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMichele View Post
I've never shared a photo here before. Here's my son...
Welcome! Glad you finally found us! I added Ian to the list. HE'S ADORABLE!
#7 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 02:26 PM

Talia will be 11 weeks tomorrow...I can't believe it! She is soooo happy, smiling all the time. DD1 was mor of the intense type, staring everyone down silently...she has a bm problem though, and it has been worrying me... we'll find some answers out today, hopefully. She is so enamored with big sister, sometimes she won't nurse unless she can see big sister at the same time! I hope when she's bigger dd1 will return the affection, she has expressed her dislike for Talia a few times....
#8 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 02:29 PM

Simi is doing great! She's 11 weeks old today and I can't believe it. It's funny b/c sometimes the days seem SO LONG, but all of a sudden your baby is almost 3 months old.

She is not at all close to rolling over. I only recently started putting her down for long strecthes. She's doing lots of reaching for things above her, though. She actually has laughed a few times this week. DH tied this little seal to the ceiling fan in her room (her room in name only ) and she thinks it's funny when we spin it around. I haven't got her to laugh at me yet, though, just lots of smiles. It's just so great to feel the rewards of parenting.
#9 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthgirl View Post
Simi is doing great! She's 11 weeks old today and I can't believe it. It's funny b/c sometimes the days seem SO LONG, but all of a sudden your baby is almost 3 months old.
Thanks for doing the math! My DD is 11 weeks old today, too! Happy Birthday!
#10 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 02:35 PM

earthgirl - I am so glad you posted that Simi is not rolling over yet. Fiona is not even close. I know you are not supposed to compare, but many of my friends' babies were already doing this and I was getting worried.

Fiona is doing well. She is on Zantac and HATES it. It is the syrup form. We are picking up the Effertabs from the pharmacy today to see if that makes any difference for her.

I start back to work next week and am just sick about it. I am so worried that she won't eat right, or will miss me too much. But then I worry that she won't even realize that I am gone. I don't know which would make me more upset: imagining her screaming because she cannot find me, or not even noticing. I guess I just hope that she is happy and content while I am gone. Her caregiver is an amazing person, so I should worry less. It's just that she isn't ME, you know?

Sorry to be so selfish in my post. I am glad to see some new mommies found our thread. We are a chatty bunch here, so welcome aboard.

Jill :, partner to DH:, mother to DD 11/06 :, DD 2/2010 .
#11 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

My DD (11/16) isn't rolling over yet, either!
#12 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
earthgirl - I am so glad you posted that Simi is not rolling over yet. Fiona is not even close. I know you are not supposed to compare, but many of my friends' babies were already doing this and I was getting worried.

Fiona is doing well. She is on Zantac and HATES it. It is the syrup form. We are picking up the Effertabs from the pharmacy today to see if that makes any difference for her.

I start back to work next week and am just sick about it. I am so worried that she won't eat right, or will miss me too much. But then I worry that she won't even realize that I am gone. I don't know which would make me more upset: imagining her screaming because she cannot find me, or not even noticing. I guess I just hope that she is happy and content while I am gone. Her caregiver is an amazing person, so I should worry less. It's just that she isn't ME, you know?

Sorry to be so selfish in my post. I am glad to see some new mommies found our thread. We are a chatty bunch here, so welcome aboard.

It is HARD to not compare. I just figure all babies have areas that they are stronger in and some they are weaker in. They just og at their own pace, kwim?

Try not to stress too much about going back to work. I worked in childcare for over 10 years. Your little one will be A-OK. Just make frequent phone calls and visists if you can. Generally speaking, the more a parent is a pain in the butt, the better care your child gets. I know that sounds awful, but if the caregiver knows you are really involved they make every effort to keep you happy!
#13 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 04:03 PM

Hey, mamas. Happy February! Atticus rolled over on accident once, but I don't think he's close to the real thing yet. He'll be 13 weeks on Sunday; I can't believe how quickly time flies.
angrypixiemama, I feel your pain. Trust me. I went back to work last Monday and was so sad. I'm started to get a little used to it, but it's sad to leave him. Are you planning on pumping? Pumping has been going really well for me. I've been taking a lactation supplement for good measure. One of the hardest things about leaving him is that he's so little that he doesn't make a huge deal of return. Does that make sense? Like I almost wish he would jump around and scream with joy at my return. He does smile, but sometimes I wish he would get excited for me just so I knew he loved me most. I know that's stupid. My dcp is great, so I'm feeling okay there. She says he takes 2-3 hour naps in the afternoons when I'm gone. I only work 3-6 hours a day, so he must be sleeping for the bulk of it! He never sleeps like that with me. The only time I'm able to get him to sleep that long with me is if I'm lying down with him. Weird. My friends and DH joke and say it's because he wants the time to go by quickly until he sees me again. Lol.
Thanks, twogreencars, for starting the spread.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#14 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 04:15 PM

earthgirl and katie - thanks for the responses on going back to work. My big (irrational) fear is that Fiona won't recognize me as mom. She will only be there 7 hours a day, but I still worry. I do know what you mean about hoping for recognition...I will be looking for that too.

Someone we know was talking about another friend of ours who had gone back to work. The first woman who is a SAHM said to me, " I personally didn't have a child to have someone else raise it." I was floored. I tried to argue against her statement, but I just couldn't believe she thought it. Why do women judge other women?

#15 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 04:16 PM

Landis has only rolled over once, and not on purpose. He had the most shocked look on his face afterwards. So, we are still waiting for him to really start rolling over.

Mommymichele, Ian is SOOOOO cute!! He is so strong, lifting his upper body like that. It's wonderful that you were able to have him at home, and when he was ready to be born.

angrypixiemama, I hope everything goes smoothly with your return to work. It's a difficult transition, but hopefully you will adjust quickly and find a routine that works for both of you.
#16 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 04:28 PM

katie - I am pumping and will be at work. I am setting up the particulars of that right now. Are you taking Fenugreek? How is it working? I took it for awhile but it upset Fiona's stomach. It did work really well though. I am relying on oatmeal now.

#17 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 04:41 PM

nak

Benton is just this little...person!...all of a sudden. It's like once they get out of that 'fourth tri' that they flip a switch and are BABIES instead of little grumpy ol' wrinkled folks I think I posted that Ben had "colic" issues, and it seems like we are definitely out of that stage. It really boggles my mind that he was in such pain, and I was trying everything I knew to help him (eliminating things from my diet, gas, different holds, etc), and really, all he needed was some time to mature and allow his baby tummy to handle whatever it is that was bothering him. I feel bad that I couldn't help him, but I'm so grateful and relieved that he finally got big enough to outgrow whatever it was.

Benton has also rolled over once by complete accident, and boy, was he irritated about it It's been so fun to see how different my two boys are, from birth! Henry never wanted to snuggle much, and you can forget cosleeping! He hated it. Ben is happiest when he is attached to you, via nipple, sling or simply sitting on your lap. He adores being snuggled, and I'm so happy about it! He's the chattiest baby I've ever seen, he has entire conversations with me, complete with expression and emotion. It's hilarious. He also has a game where, when he's lying on his back, I say, "Kisses!" and slowly lean down and cover his face with kisses. He will hear "kisses!" and open his mouth as wide as he can and smile the biggest, toothless (those two bottoms are *right* there, they just won't cut through and they hurt him!) smile you can imagine and if you try to move to kiss his cheek instead of his mouth, he just follows you with his mouth and starts kicking wildly and almost laughing.

Once nice thing is that he's discovered his thumb, and can eventually find it with accuracy, so he doesn't need to be nursed to sleep anymore, which is nice for me to have a break. I was getting a little sore He's sleeping pretty well at night, I'm not sure how often he's waking, because since we're cosleeping, I've gotten comfy sleeping through feedings but I do know he's pretty regularly only waking up one time, and sleeping 6 hours at a stretch. Again, it's different than Henry, he was sleeping straight through the night, 8 hours at a time at 5 weeks, and by 12 weeks, he was going 12 hours. I think it also has to do with that Benton partly wakes up because he wants to touch and snuggle, and Henry never wanted that. In fact, he would wake up if he *did* get to snuggled close. So, DH is temporarily sleeping in Benton's room with its useless crib, and Henry often sleeps with him, and Ben and I have my bed to ourselves. I'm in heaven.

I'll be thinking about all you mamas who are having to return to work soon, I'm sure it's hard and I'll be praying for you to have peace about it.

Mama to H (6) B (3) : A (1)
#18 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 05:14 PM

Hey all.

Lillie turned 12 weeks old on Tuesday. I cannot believe how fast time has gone. The days do feel long but then before you know it, my dd is such a big little girl!! Heh.
I luckily am off for another 9 months. I go back to work in October.
So i am thrilled to have that time with her.
Sorry to you mama's who are back to work. Stay strong.

Lillie is rolling over from stomach to back. She also turns onto her side. she is strong!!! Has been since she was born.
No giggles yet. but she's trying. She smiles ALOT.
All is well with her.
#19 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Daniedb - your kissing game and your DS sounds just like my DD! I can totally picture it!

My DD is just discovering her fingers can go in her mouth and is doing so with more and more accuracy. Actually, it's usually the whole fist - or at least as much of it as she can stuff in! Her thumb doesn't usually go in as it's usually under her fingers (ie. a closed fist).

Anyone else's baby tuck their thumbs under their fingers?
#20 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 05:53 PM

Ian enjoys his yummy fingers a lot too! Especially his thumb.

#21 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 07:46 PM

I know what you all mean about making comparisons. I'm especially guilty b/c I'm always trying to figure out if Ingrid is as far along developmentally as her birth age. Her due date was December 24, but she was born November 12. I'm going this eve to meet up with the members of my birth class (due dates all very similar), so I'm super curious to see if she seems older b/c she has more experience.

She is nowhere near rolling over, I don't believe.

I went to an Attachment Parenting International meeting today. It was so great. Best of all, they have a huge sling library, and you can check out a sling for a month. Right now I have a Kozy mei tai. I'm not sure how I feel about it-- it looks cool, but she doesn't seem as comfortable as she does in her fleece pouch. And she is still facing in. I think she is ready to look out more, but not quite stable enough for a kangaroo carry.

angrypixiemama-- I'm so sorry about that comment. I don't know what is wrong with people. It definitely bums me out that there are so many women who bash others for making different parenting choices (and in some cases, it's not even a choice, but the only real option).

Anyhow .. I'm not articulating that well. And I don't even have an excuse, b/c Ingrid slept 5 hours last night, nursed, slept 3 hours, nursed, and then slept another 2 hours. Second night in a row-- I could get used to that .....

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#22 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATruck View Post
I went to an Attachment Parenting International meeting today. It was so great...
How can I find a local meeting?
#23 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 09:18 PM

Jill, I'm using a lactate support supplement I got at the health food store. It has fenugreek, blessed thistle, and fennel. Maybe with a combination of things the fenugreek wouldn't bother Fiona. Do you have an okay place to pump? I've pumped in my classroom with the door locked and when I have students in there working I go to the nurse's sick room. I've had a few walk-in scares, but no one has seen anything yet. Somehow, a student got a key to my room and almost walked in on me, but I yelled out in time.
I didn't have a baby to give him to someone else either, but that's just the timing of everything. Unless I want to be homeless, I have to work right now. I hate it, DH hates, and I'm sure baby hates it, and I'm working hard to make it so I don't have to work next school year, but right now that's the way it is, KWIM?

#24 of 353 Old 02-01-2007, 09:22 PM

twogreencars, Atticus is OBSESSED with his fingers; sometimes he would rather suck on them than my nipple!!
I found a local AP through my local LLL.

#25 of 353 Old 02-02-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogreencars View Post
How can I find a local meeting?
try here -
http://www.attachmentparenting.org/groups.shtml
#26 of 353 Old 02-02-2007, 12:42 AM

First, hugs to all the mamas returning to work. I only worked part-time for part of Layla's first 2.5 years, but I still hated being away from her.

It's so great to read up on all our growing babies! Keep the news coming.
As for Yasmeen, our little one weighed in at 8lbs 13oz at her 2 month checkup last week. She's been nursing well. She still sleeps quite alot,but pushes up well and is active when awake. She just stares and stares at her big sister. but she is a serious thing. I really have to work for those precious smiles. I feel like she always smiles when another mom holds her, but perhaps I am too distracted by my older girl. Speaking of which, while I absolutely adore Yasmeen and could spend hours stroking her head and admiring her tiny toes as she nurses, part of me yearns for the days of one-on-one with my first daughter - taking her places and just being with her. It makes me feel a little guilty to feel that way since I am so blessed to have two beautiful children. Anyone else, KWIM?
#27 of 353 Old 02-02-2007, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by citymama View Post
Thanks for the link...just checked...we don't have one in my city ...the closest is 120 miles away...a bit far for a meeting, don't ya think?

I'm going to check out "Holistic Moms" and see if there's a local meeting - anyone attend any of their meetings?
#28 of 353 Old 02-02-2007, 01:15 AM

Hey, mamas. I wanted to add that I'm going to rely on your moral support. I have to say that pretty much everyone I know in my neighborhood does CIO. The local pediatrician recommends it as early as 2 months. Those poor babies. I can't imagine it. But I'm already looking ahead a bit and already wishing I could get in a full nights sleep. It's not like the first time around when you could sleep when the baby slept. Okay, off to sleep now!!
#29 of 353 Old 02-02-2007, 01:45 AM

While I do have a local AP group, I'm excited to have the MDC community, too. Sometimes with more mainstream parents I feel very out of place. I mean very out of place. KWIM? I personally don't get the CIO thing. I hate to hear Atticus cry; it hurts my heart, as I like to say. As for sleeping, it will be nice one day to have my bed again to myself, but for right now I have to remind myself he needs to be near me. I fought co-sleeping in the beginning, but Atticus knew what he needed. From the second night in the hospital he wouldn't sleep anywhere but right next to me. Do you guys co-sleep?

#30 of 353 Old 02-02-2007, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

We co-sleep and b/c our bed is a Queen with lots of duvets (down quilts) on it, DD is usually put to bed in her cot (crib) which has one of its sides removed and is attached to my side of the bed. In fact, DD and DH are waiting for me to join them. DH came to get me and I said "leave me alone, go away, I'm a grown-up." He knows better...I can spend hours on MDC...That's because I, too, rely on all of you! I'm unusual around here and everybody stares at me wide-eyed when I say DD was a home birth...and, in fact, they all were!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page