June 2006 Mamas - Chatting Away in February! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 608 Old 02-11-2007, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Oh ok. Talula has tried lots of strange things too and liked them. Spicy things. Except one time I made the hummus to garlicky and she was not pleased.
Marlow loves the homemade hummus too but it looks like she is eating toothpaste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Samantha is finally sitting well enough that I can walk out of the room. : She still falls over, but slowly, and because she wants to get to something...not just 'cause she loses her balance.
yay Sam!!! That is so great!
#302 of 608 Old 02-11-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL View Post
I'll play!

Here's Gabriel.
A.Dor.A.Ble!!!! His eyes are beautiful!!

Quote:
Sam loves that hedgehog. Even without its nose. She and Kahlua decided to play tug-of-war with it, and the nose was a casualty. She seems un-phased.

I love those big brown eyes! How do you not melt every time you look at him?
J.C just smiles when he see's his little hedgie :

Oh, I do melt! Im just a big pile of goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
So I think Maggie is weaning

Oh well, OTH for those of you using Fuzzi bunz or the liking, what size is your babe in??
Oh Amy, Im sorry

We use Swaddlebees and I have him in a medium and larges. Both fit him well. The medium he's on the 2nd set of snaps (there's three sets) and on the large, he's on the tightest one. But Im thinking I should have got more mediums, cuz the larges are probably just a tad too big. I got a whole new batch of them from the outlet store they have. For $7 a dipe I couldn't resist and bought a ton of larges since I knew he'd need them soon enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
And you are such an awesome mama for continuing to give your babe the liquid gold in any form she needs. It is amazing that you have been able to straight pump for 3 months. You rock!
I Second that!!!!

Quote:
So, I'm not the only one who teared up and almost started crying over Amy's story, right? Please tell me I'm not the only one??? :

Um, looks like J has got a cold. He has been doing the trying to nurse and then pulling off cause he can't breathe thing. Man, nose colds suck. : So yes, sleep sucked. And right when his brother slept through the night too. I so need some good sleep....
No, not the only one...

So sorry J's got a cold. J.C's got a little runny nose and when we wake in the morning (not to say he sleeps thru the night, but its too dark to see) his nose is crusty. I just hope it doesn't evolve into a stuffed up nose. I remember those with the girls and it was hellish!!

Quote:
I don't have anything exciting to say. Uh...Talula ate a load of tofu last night. She couldn't be stopped. Today, she ate a load of egg yolk. Strange preferences.
Unusual is good! This way she'll have a well rounded palate, not to mention tummy MMMmmm tofu is goood!

Quote:
It's indian. A spinach dish. Almost like creamed spinach I guess. He um, liked it. And um, it's got curry in it.
Again, well rounded palate! I think thats better than some kids that only want McDonalds! I think introducing kiddos to a variety of ethnic foods is awesome! I knew that people looked at me weird when I was young and would eat indian food and greek food for lunch. Oh well, there loss, cuz it was yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikiamber View Post
Thank you for the support and responses.
Im so glad its getting easier hon. Its such a hard job to be a single parent (while dh is away) and also try to tackle school too.

Quote:
Oh ok. Talula has tried lots of strange things too and liked them. Spicy things. Except one time I made the hummus to garlicky and she was not pleased.
MMmm love garlic hummis! Im a little hesitant to offer J.C anything other than the norm cuz of his "allergy". Im back on dairy and he's eating pears, apples, squash, and carrots and no eczema in sight, but Im not sure what was the culprit. : I wanna just give him something different and see if he reacts. I guess its the only way I'll find out. Im beginning to think the eczema was just weather/dry skin related. Since I've been lathering his little forhead and cheeks with Eucerin or Aveeno, no sign of eczema. I think you ladies are inspiring me to branch out and just go for it! Thanks :

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinkler View Post
When I bring DS into bed with me in the morning, and he looks up at me after nursing (we're both lying down), I love his round face, round eyes, and sweet smile!
sweet :

Quote:
Talula has eaten a lot today! 1/8-ish of a banana, about 10 little chunks of squash, 6 kidney beans, a few bites of a corn-squash muffin. And it's only 2:30! Plus, she's still nursing like a mad man. Is she bulking up for the big race? Jeez. Speaking of food, do any of you have Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair? I really like it. The recipes are pretty simple and can easily be made vegan if that's your pleasure.

And now, I wait for poop.
I'll have to look up that cookbook. J.C can put it away too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post

OK, this is absolutely crazy, but Anna pulled up to standing like 3 times today. It's insane. I have to be like right next to her when she's on the floor because she does some daredevil stunt. I want to be like.... GIRL just chill out for a few more months!!.
Wow, go girl!! J.C's done that a few times in the past couple days too! He pulled up on the couch and dh was in total shock and all I could think was go catch him cuz I knew he couldn't balance himself. Like Anna, he's a little daredevil too
#303 of 608 Old 02-11-2007, 01:45 PM

hannah's first tooth is popping through! that's all
#304 of 608 Old 02-11-2007, 03:48 PM

first Milkbar i love your quote it just makes me giggle everytime i read it.

okay that said

is it brag time? lol B has been crawling like a wild thing since just after xmas, soon as he learned to do that he was pulling himself up on everything, including the back of mommy's legs. Of course everything goes in his mouth and he is king of the channel changer (is it a cromosonal or DNA things with boys?). Man does this kid love him some food. I keep well stocked in those gerber puff snacks and other toddler foods. He is a champ eater, loves to eat off my plate especally from chop sticks. I stay away from rice and big noodles but he atleast gets a tase of everything. We even 'shared' some soy ice cream, pregnancy has left me permentlly lactose intollerent and I cannot eat regular ice cream but the soy stuff isnt so bad. the boy even like tofu! But there is no indication that he will quit nursing soon. He will eat alot and I am thinking, thats nice I can get a bottle pumped out for him for day care then he crawls to me to nurse.

We have started siging a bit. I have made our own nurse sign, a fist with the thump flat but the tip sticking out, I tap the nail side agains my lips and ask if he want to nurse, or show him the sign while hes nursing.

I hada scare but AF showed up with a vengence, I am actually kinda sad but then I get on myself about how I loose my temper and get so mad at B, how am I to handle 2 little ones at once if I cannot be good to the one I have all the time. I need to get my rage under control. We have been doing better lately, since my talking to all you mommies. *Ohmygawd B just stood again for a few seconds* it was a bit of a stressful time but things are calming down right now. The pack n play next to the bed is great B will happily play in there for a bit fuss to nurse go back repeat a few times then fall asleep, but I am not exausted in the morning from it.

hes a bit sick wuth a really snotty nose and one nostral that keeps bleeding lightly, that bugs me. other than that he seems fine, stilly giggly and playing and eating, but hating havuing his nose sucked or wiped,,,
#305 of 608 Old 02-11-2007, 04:57 PM

bumpy bumpy
#306 of 608 Old 02-11-2007, 09:11 PM

I am feeling better about the weaning and I have a line out the door of people who want to help me declutter my nursing stuff. I saw a mdc mama IRL last night and she told me "I want your......" So I guess spending 3.5 years of my life nursing my two dd is not too bad. I still want to get a day pass to the LLL conference mainly for the vendors!!!

As far as diapers. Today with our open house, I put Maggie in sposies so not to worry about that if we had to be out longer. Tonight her arse was soooo red. She never has any rash w the cloth so I am mad but since I am on my second package of 7th generation and thats all the sposies I have used on her, I dont feel too bad.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#307 of 608 Old 02-11-2007, 10:23 PM

We went to see some friends last nite who we haden't seen in a while,they just built a house. and then we went to dinner,Olivia ate 1/2 cup of cream of broccli soup,she loved it*.I think im gonna up the solids since she is now drooling when we eat. She likes those puff things too! She likes to spit milk at me...suck,suck,suck....spit,laugh!!!!

We have a book It's called ...Let's Sign! By Kelly Ault.. Good book easy to learn from,good illustrations, and reads loke a baby book..

*That was a fun dipe to change!:

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#308 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 10:54 AM

Hi ladies -
Quote:
Thank you for the support and responses. I am doing better about this.
This made my morning. : )

Quote:
So I think Maggie is weaning Did the dark place and have for a while since its the only way she will nurse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
Marlow hasn't wanted to nurse for about 3 months now. I keep holding out that she'll change her mind.
Amy and Lindsey, . Kait has stopped nursing to sleep about 50% of the time now; Dono did the same thing around this age now. Doesn't want to nurse to sleep, but will use a pacifier...so...well, there you go. I'd rather she keep nursing to sleep, but I can't force her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
I told him I would never hurt our kid (duh!) so to chill out. I think it worked.
yeah, I've had to do that with DH sometimes. "Do you really think I'd do something to harm our kids?" "No." "Then shut yer trap."

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinkler View Post
When I bring DS into bed with me in the morning, and he looks up at me after nursing (we're both lying down), I love his round face, round eyes, and sweet smile!

Quote:
Samantha is finally sitting well enough that I can walk out of the room. : She still falls over, but slowly, and because she wants to get to something...not just 'cause she loses her balance.
Awesome! Good luck with the eyes, and um....guess I didn't win with my date guess with Jackson, huh? Or maybe I did and you're not back home yet??

Quote:
A question -- how much are your babies eating?
Kait is eating about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of O's a day (she LOVES them, and her pincer grasp is dead on!), about 1/4-1/2 a banana or some peaches or pears, and then a couple tablespoons of whatever veggie and starch we happen to be having at dinner. She's nursing about 6-8 times a day, and plays with a straw/sipper cup of water throughout the day, but gets moe on her than in her, probably a few tablespoons of water a day.

Quote:
And now, I wait for poop.
Me too. Day 7. I'm scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkbar View Post
hannah's first tooth is popping through! that's all
Excellent!

Quote:
*Ohmygawd B just stood again for a few seconds* it was a bit of a stressful time but things are calming down right now. The pack n play next to the bed is great B will happily play in there for a bit fuss to nurse go back repeat a few times then fall asleep, but I am not exausted in the morning from it.
That is so cool! And glad the PnP is workign well for you and you're feeling more rested

So, we have forward motion, too! Crawling! Just happened this weekend. We're at my parents visiting and I'm workign here for a couple days so we can see some friends. Sorry for the grainy quality, I had to lighten it up quite a bit cause it was kind of dark here in the room. Also, the sleeper legs seem to be holding her back some because they're a little long; once I get her in regular pants this morning I have a feeling she's going to take off. She's done it about 5 times since Saturday, for 5 or 6 'crawls' per instance...so she's on her way.

She is also doing this funny growl/babble, which you'll hear on the video as well.

Not much else going on here. Hope all our sick babes/mamas feel better soon!

See you all later~

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#309 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
So, we have forward motion, too! Crawling! Just happened this weekend. We're at my parents visiting and I'm workign here for a couple days so we can see some friends. Sorry for the grainy quality, I had to lighten it up quite a bit cause it was kind of dark here in the room. Also, the sleeper legs seem to be holding her back some because they're a little long; once I get her in regular pants this morning I have a feeling she's going to take off. She's done it about 5 times since Saturday, for 5 or 6 'crawls' per instance...so she's on her way.

She is also doing this funny growl/babble, which you'll hear on the video as well.

See you all later~
Good Morning!!!

the video is so cute!!!! (so is she! ) Hannah always got caught up in her sleepers at first as well, i just let her be in a onesie or diaper only and babylegs,

Sleeping sisters

Sister love

Hannah

Happy Love Day!

Hannah & I in walking in the snow!
#310 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 12:01 PM

Maggie was never a huge nurse to sleep nurser like her sister was. But she likes to cuddle before sleeping, even if its a few seconds and then she is out. Then the holder (myself or Bob usually or another relative sometimes) is all warm and content and dosent want to put her down so Maggie gets held and is sleeping contently. Sometimes Bob will be holding her and she drifts off and he just holds onto her. I think not holding her for 4 weeks, we just want to really make up that so its hard to put her down as you can imagine and pretty soon she will be up and running so we are taking our time on this! ITs just hard to believe she will be 1 this week!!!

And she is crawling forward- usually to attack something or get to a support to stand up on. IT also happens super fast. I have had people say- Maggie was just over here a second ago, how did she get over there??

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#311 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkbar View Post
I LOVE that hat.

You know, sometimes I think Hannah and Kait look like they could be related. Especially in that one hat pic on your blog, I have a pic of Kait that looks SO much like that when she's smiling, it made me do a double take.

Quote:
Me too. Day 7. I'm scared.
Yes, I'm quoting myself. She pooped. MAJOR poop. 7 days' worth of poop.

Quote:
ITs just hard to believe she will be 1 this week!!!
I know - it's unreal!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#312 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 04:05 PM

I hear ya Amy. These days are going by like a blur. I was dropping B off at day care and another little boy came in that we are friends with. B got all excited, smily and made a squeal. I looved over to where he was sitting on the floor and its like I suddenly realized he wasnt my tiny baby anymore. I wanted to know where this kid came from and where my baby went. But we are having a blast with this growing up stuff. He gets to eat so many different things and explore his current surroundings. I have to be careful where I put him down cause he will just crawl away. Its hard to get dresses for swiming cause I dont want to put him down on the locker room floor. We went to the local hot springs last night and had a blast. B loves swimming and digs chilling in the hot tub. We even went outside for a few mins to enjoy the outdoor hot pools but the air was too old for him and didnt think to bring a hat with us, but it was awsome. There were a bunch of tourest there from Japan and B was just totally distracted by them talking and the ladies flirting with him. I think I will let him watch some of dh's anime he seems to like Japanesse maybe he will learn it some day.
#313 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 05:20 PM

Such cute pics! I love that ring sling,I have become obcessed with them!

#314 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:

See you all later~

How cute! I can't wait till she crawls,she scoots aroumd in a cr=ircle these days,and rolls everywhere.

#315 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 06:17 PM

Talula ate chicken (organic free-range, of course : ), brown rice and broccoli last night. But what she really couldn't get enough of? Caramelized onions! Tania has decided that she's going to pretend she likes to eat things that she hates, so that Talula doesn't decide she hates them too. She also thinks we shouldn't tell her about McDonald's or introduce her to cousin Maria (who only eats the crappiest things you would never touch with a ten-foot pole, like Lunchables). It's really kind of strange how Tania is seeing the influence outside sources can have on our food choices.
#316 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 06:33 PM

Katie likes peas, but not too hot on the asparagus stick I let her chew on the night before last.

Are you all cooking all the food you give them, like fruits and stuff? These what to feed a baby lists I've found all say that before 9 months everything needs to be cooked. I just fail to see why I need to cook bananas and avocados.

There is no stopping this kid. I had to start putting the gate up in the doorway to the hallway so she can't get out of the kitchen/living room. Busy busy busy. She makes me tired just watching her. And I had to get some netting to put over our furnace vents that are on the floor, because she stuck her finger in one of them the other day and got a cut. Ack.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#317 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 06:47 PM

I cook or steam everything but avacados or bannanas. I also give her apple sauce.

The other day out for sushi, Maggie ate the rice bit by bit. The chef came over and watched her do it. Liz loves california rolls so why not like sushi?

I ate it my entire pregncy, so I guess she likes the rice for now

#318 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 07:48 PM

I don't really do any special baby food prep. She's been eating whatever I'm eating, but I'll squish it up for her a bit.
#319 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 08:34 PM

Still here, still pregnant. Not much else to report.

Expecting a snowstorm with ice on top, so I have a feeling J will make his appearance in a most dramatic fashion.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#320 of 608 Old 02-12-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Still here, still pregnant. Not much else to report.

Expecting a snowstorm with ice on top, so I have a feeling J will make his appearance in a most dramatic fashion.
That is normally how your life goes though, so you should not be surprised in the least :

#321 of 608 Old 02-13-2007, 12:14 AM

Candice, I'm impressed by Lu's eating! P isn't as interested-- he mostly wants to play. I don't give him raw carrots or anything like that, and he doesn't eat all I eat, I just give him some banana, pepper, sweet potato, applesauce, cooked carrot, peas to play with. I think he'll get more interested in a bit.

I went to a new ped today. It was great. He is a solo practice about 10 min from my house. This was a "meet the ped" visit. We talked about food (he said babyfood is garbage), circ, vax, etc. I'm happy to have finally found a good care provider that I feel comfortable with. PLUS, his CNP was the woman who saw P in the hospital (she's at 2 practices, pt time each one). That's nice too.

Sarah, here's hoping for lots of snow so I don't have to go to work!
#322 of 608 Old 02-13-2007, 02:14 AM

Jessica - Anna doesn't eat much either. But sometimes I worry that I just get too busy and forget to actually feed her, you know? I guess I'm so thinking about what to feed my toddler, that I forget that Anna is nearly 8 months old and can eat lots of things. I need to get on it more! She doesn't like purees, though, and she seems to not like textural things, like bananas and avocado. She does seem to like stuff that's sort of bready in texture. I don't know... I guess I haven't figured it out yet.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#323 of 608 Old 02-13-2007, 02:29 AM

Word on the street is that babies don't really need non-boob food until after a year anyway. I don't know what my baby's problem is with the ravenous appetite, to tell you the truth. I hope that feeding her the way I do is ok. I'm trying really hard to respect her intuition and appetite. Obesity runs in dh's side of the family. It's a condition I know nothing about, so, while I tend to think it's about habits + genetics, a part of me fears that my baby is going to blow up into a ginormous monster.
#324 of 608 Old 02-13-2007, 11:59 AM

As far as feeding, I am more if the baby wants it, then they can have it. We are not good at watching the clock or calendar but our babies.

#325 of 608 Old 02-13-2007, 12:21 PM

Yikes...William is eating a whole lot of nothing. He gags on purees still, so we haven't given him anything other than babyfood. I use the jared kind, I think they are probably healthier than a lot that I make. But still, he maybe has one jar every day or so. He LOVED the raspberry peach something from Earths Best though...

And he is not even remotely close to crawling. He is sitting for a while now though.

Babies are weird. They are all so different...what are they thinking?? Like they are allowed to have individual personalities and whatnot..throws me for a loop!!
#326 of 608 Old 02-13-2007, 12:33 PM

I am home today due to the *incredible* snow, ha ha ha. Anyway.

Quote:
As far as feeding, I am more if the baby wants it, then they can have it. We are not good at watching the clock or calendar but our babies.
Say it, sista. Because for some reason we're fine waiting/delaying until they're "ready" but then somehow feel pressured to feed them fullforce. ??

Quote:
Jessica - Anna doesn't eat much either. But sometimes I worry that I just get too busy and forget to actually feed her, you know? I guess I'm so thinking about what to feed my toddler, that I forget that Anna is nearly 8 months old and can eat lots of things. I need to get on it more! She doesn't like purees, though, and she seems to not like textural things, like bananas and avocado. She does seem to like stuff that's sort of bready in texture. I don't know... I guess I haven't figured it out yet.
I know how you feel, Ashley, because feeding Philip anything but breastmilk is a PITA since I'm so busy. Maybe you could just give Anna foods to play with. She'll figure it out in her own time.

Quote:
Word on the street is that babies don't really need non-boob food until after a year anyway. I don't know what my baby's problem is with the ravenous appetite, to tell you the truth. I hope that feeding her the way I do is ok. I'm trying really hard to respect her intuition and appetite. Obesity runs in dh's side of the family. It's a condition I know nothing about, so, while I tend to think it's about habits + genetics, a part of me fears that my baby is going to blow up into a ginormous monster.
This post made me laugh. I don't think it's a problem that she has a ravenous appetite. You seem to be feeding her a great variety of foods and that is good. I think obesity is more about low-quality foods, early feeding, etc. You seem very tuned-in to this, so I wouldn't think Lu will have a problem.
Also, as long as you're looking out for allergens (I'm not sure how mcuh of that I'm going to do???) I don't think there are problems with what you're doing.
And with a smile like that she could NEVER be a ginormous monster! (or, at least, she would a cute ginormous monster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248 View Post
Babies are weird. They are all so different...what are they thinking?? Like they are allowed to have individual personalities and whatnot..throws me for a loop!!
That's totally true. I don't think you have anything to worry about with William. He'll either crawl eventually, or not at all. And food-- I think amy says it all.
#327 of 608 Old 02-13-2007, 12:37 PM

Candice, I don't think it is that she wants to eat, I think it is what they eat. From what you have posted, it seems as if you are sticking to pretty healthy good for her stuff. Now, if she was only eating pop tarts, I might be worried....But if they are eating healthy, I don't think obesity is an issue.... But, I could be wrong... :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#328 of 608 Old 02-13-2007, 02:14 PM

Thanks for the reassurance, gals. And, ack! Speaking of pop tarts...we don't have a tv, mostly because of the advertising thing. But I let Tania watch tv online. She watches Disney, mostly. Well, she was talking about a pop tarts commercial the other day, and I was like, where'd you see that? On disney[dot]com! I know I should have expected that they'd market her online, but it feels so evil, like they're coming through my computer into my home. The marketing of toys doesn't bother me as much as the marketing of horrible food. Anyway, I'd be evil if I said she couldn't watch Disney anymore, so it's led to good discussions about marketing and advertising and health that she may not have been ready for a year ago, but she seems to understand now.
#329 of 608 Old 02-13-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
That is normally how your life goes though, so you should not be surprised in the least :
No, we're not. Nor are we surprised that at the very end of my pregnancy, Samantha spiked an almost 103 fever for no apparent reason. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
Candice, I'm impressed by Lu's eating! P isn't as interested-- he mostly wants to play. I don't give him raw carrots or anything like that, and he doesn't eat all I eat, I just give him some banana, pepper, sweet potato, applesauce, cooked carrot, peas to play with. I think he'll get more interested in a bit.

I went to a new ped today. It was great. He is a solo practice about 10 min from my house. This was a "meet the ped" visit. We talked about food (he said babyfood is garbage), circ, vax, etc. I'm happy to have finally found a good care provider that I feel comfortable with. PLUS, his CNP was the woman who saw P in the hospital (she's at 2 practices, pt time each one). That's nice too.

Sarah, here's hoping for lots of snow so I don't have to go to work!
I'm so glad you found a good ped you like!! And yay for "mega snow"

Quote:
That's pretty much what we're doing. If she shows a lot of interest in something we're eating/preparing, we'll give her some to play with, but she's really not actually consuming much. She LOVED the bell pepper that she got to gnaw on the other night. She really just doesn't care. She likes breads, and pureed sweet potatoes, but nothing else, really.

Quote:
Thanks for the reassurance, gals. And, ack! Speaking of pop tarts...we don't have a tv, mostly because of the advertising thing. But I let Tania watch tv online. She watches Disney, mostly. Well, she was talking about a pop tarts commercial the other day, and I was like, where'd you see that? On disney[dot]com! I know I should have expected that they'd market her online, but it feels so evil, like they're coming through my computer into my home. The marketing of toys doesn't bother me as much as the marketing of horrible food. Anyway, I'd be evil if I said she couldn't watch Disney anymore, so it's led to good discussions about marketing and advertising and health that she may not have been ready for a year ago, but she seems to understand now.
Pop tarts got me through college. :

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#330 of 608 Old 02-13-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Talula ate chicken (organic free-range, of course : ), brown rice and broccoli last night. But what she really couldn't get enough of? Caramelized onions! Tania has decided that she's going to pretend she likes to eat things that she hates, so that Talula doesn't decide she hates them too. She also thinks we shouldn't tell her about McDonald's or introduce her to cousin Maria (who only eats the crappiest things you would never touch with a ten-foot pole, like Lunchables). It's really kind of strange how Tania is seeing the influence outside sources can have on our food choices.
Tania sounds like such a great kid!!!! Good work Mama!!

Quote:
Ny pedi is great about the non boob food thing,In fact I saw a new pedi to the office,and I'm thinking great now I need to explain my self,she was so excited to see her nursing she clapped and was a little jumpie.I think I live in a very non bf area....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248 View Post
Yikes...William is eating a whole lot of nothing. He gags on purees still, so we haven't given him anything other than babyfood. I use the jared kind, I think they are probably healthier than a lot that I make. But still, he maybe has one jar every day or so. He LOVED the raspberry peach something from Earths Best though...

And he is not even remotely close to crawling. He is sitting for a while now though.

No crawling here either,and we just started with food as well.She dose not like pureed foods...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page