June 2006 Mamas - Chatting Away in February! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2007, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dh talked his way into a doctor apt for me today, and they gave me bloodwork and ordered an US. And was I shocked.

I am 14 weeks. 14. 6 weeks of bleeding, 1 of it very heavy, and I was ALREADY pregnant. They think I may have lost a twin. Or maybe it is due to the subchorionic (sp?) bleed I have going on with the placeta. But the baby was wiggling all around and had a heart rate of 157 bpm. I am much relieved that the babe seems okay.

Lisa, mom to M : 6/02, R : 6/04, m/c 6/8/05, L 6/06, and E 8/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 08:57 PM

WOW. Oh, wow.

Lisa

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:30 PM

[QUOTE=AugustineM;7351379]
Speaking of crazy baby, all Anna does lately is stand up. She could care less about crawling, except to crawl to something to stand up. And then fall over. And then cry. And then crawl over to the next dangerous thing and stand up on it. And fall over. And cry. Repeat. Repeat. QUOTE]

thats Maggie actaully. She has the crawling mastered and now almost has the standing mastered. Bob thinks she will be walking by easter. I hope not.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 02-20-2007, 09:32 PM

Lisa- Wow. So that puts you in August? Well, at least you got the worst part of pregnancy over with. Congrats!!

Ashley- I can't believe Anna is standing. William is hardly sitting up. Gets hard now....
Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearaina View Post
Dh talked his way into a doctor apt for me today, and they gave me bloodwork and ordered an US. And was I shocked.

I am 14 weeks. 14. 6 weeks of bleeding, 1 of it very heavy, and I was ALREADY pregnant. They think I may have lost a twin. Or maybe it is due to the subchorionic (sp?) bleed I have going on with the placeta. But the baby was wiggling all around and had a heart rate of 157 bpm. I am much relieved that the babe seems okay.

Wow what you have been thru! When I was about 14 weeks w MAggie, I dont know if you guys remember I had some nasty bleeding. I was terrified I was miscarrying. We went in, did an u/s and everything was fine. But my OB thought maybe the placenta moved around and distrubed some scar tissue. I spotted a bit after and right before Maggie came it was bad but I was told it was pretty normal.
Of course there is nothing normal about my pregnancies.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 02-20-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
anyone else's baby love the vacuum...to the point of obsession?
Sam hates the vacuum. screams bloody murder unless i'm holding her. :

Quote:

So, um, I guess you'll be needing the co-sleeper back around June or July then, right?

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 02-20-2007, 10:12 PM

The end of August is fine, Sarah .

Old 02-20-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
The end of August is fine, Sarah .
Cool! it's awesome, btw. he's small enough that i can get diapers and wipes stacked on one side and him sleeping on the other. very handy.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 02-21-2007, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Sam hates the vacuum. screams bloody murder unless i'm holding her. :
Katie too.

I need a hug : I got in a CIO fight today on a mainstream board. Poor babies.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 AM

Why is my baby awake right now?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Katie too.

Aww. It sucks when you can't save each and every baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
To keep mine company?? At least one of my kids has been up since 4 am. I so want to be done with this.....
Old 02-21-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Katie too.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Katie too.

Quote:
because she [I[loves[/I] you and she wants to play! Silly mommy.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:50 AM

Duly noted. Bastian is NOT ready for pickles.

Apparently he takes after his great-grandfather (something I didn't realize until after the fact, or I wouldn't have given him one). I went to Friendly's with a friend yesterday -- and her 3-year-old, my 2-year-old, my 8-month-old, and her 4-month-old twins. : Bastian was being grabby grabby with the plates, so I gave him a little round of pickle to play with. He stuck it on his thumb and had a grand time, and since Texture Boy wasn't gagging, I didn't think he actually swallowed any.

And then it was 4 a.m. I'm in the middle of the worst panic attack I've had in a decade and have been throwing up for 8 hours at this point and Bastian wakes up and starts screaming. That sudden frantic "I'm in pain" scream that makes your heart leap out of your throat. Diaper check, nope, he's good. Teething butterfly, nope, doesn't want it. Hair wrapped around any little fingers or toes, nope. By this time DH is out in the living room with us and tries a colic hold, and Bastian immediately farts and stops screaming. And DH says, "Oh yeah, my grandpa had to stop eating pickles because the pickle seeds give him such bad gas."

. . . You learn something new every day.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
Duly noted. Bastian is NOT ready for pickles.

Apparently he takes after his great-grandfather (something I didn't realize until after the fact, or I wouldn't have given him one). I went to Friendly's with a friend yesterday -- and her 3-year-old, my 2-year-old, my 8-month-old, and her 4-month-old twins. : Bastian was being grabby grabby with the plates, so I gave him a little round of pickle to play with. He stuck it on his thumb and had a grand time, and since Texture Boy wasn't gagging, I didn't think he actually swallowed any.

And then it was 4 a.m. I'm in the middle of the worst panic attack I've had in a decade and have been throwing up for 8 hours at this point and Bastian wakes up and starts screaming. That sudden frantic "I'm in pain" scream that makes your heart leap out of your throat. Diaper check, nope, he's good. Teething butterfly, nope, doesn't want it. Hair wrapped around any little fingers or toes, nope. By this time DH is out in the living room with us and tries a colic hold, and Bastian immediately farts and stops screaming. And DH says, "Oh yeah, my grandpa had to stop eating pickles because the pickle seeds give him such bad gas."

Wowzers! Sounds like quite A Day.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Katie too.

Thus the reason I stay off those boards now.

Maggie loves the vacuamn. I OTH, hate it and hate having to use it.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Katie too.

Why do you torture yourself? Man, I so can't visit mainstream boards. I tried once and was shaking after reading like one post. And then wondered why I didn't stay in my own cocoon world. I can find enough to argue over on alternative parenting boards.

Quote:
Must have been calling mine cause mine woke up at 5... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248 View Post
To keep mine company?? At least one of my kids has been up since 4 am. I so want to be done with this.....
I had the same thought this morning. What I wouldn't give for a good nights sleep....

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
Duly noted. Bastian is NOT ready for pickle

Check. No pickle. mama You had a rough night too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
Thus the reason I stay off those boards now.

Maggie loves the vacuamn. I OTH, hate it and hate having to use it.
I don't like my vacuum either. I think I need to buy a new one. At least, if I buy a new one I can say "wow, isn't it cute? I went shopping! " and feel excited about that even if I still don't want to actually use the thing... does that work? Okay, off to set up a decluttering plan...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the hugs ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Why do you torture yourself?
Well, someone asked if it was traumatic. So I said yes, and provided links to back myself up. But apparently, even though "all opinions are welcome," if your opinion is different than the rest of them, yours isn't actually welcome. Ack.

Sleep was crap here last night. I woke up with a killer headache, and I don't get headaches. Katie's teeth still haven't broken through, and she couldn't sleep. And when I tried to help her, she'd scream at me. Poor kid.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the hugs ladies.

Well, someone asked if it was traumatic. So I said yes, and provided links to back myself up. But apparently, even though "all opinions are welcome," if your opinion is different than the rest of them, yours isn't actually welcome. Ack.

Sleep was crap here last night. I woke up with a killer headache, and I don't get headaches. Katie's teeth still haven't broken through, and she couldn't sleep. And when I tried to help her, she'd scream at me. Poor kid.
Sam screams when we massage her gums during teething too, but as soon as we're done she looks at us all amazed that it worked.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:46 AM

Quote:
But apparently, even though "all opinions are welcome," if your opinion is different than the rest of them, yours isn't actually welcome. Ack.
& bump

Old 02-22-2007, 02:05 AM

Quote:

I am so hoping for better sleep tonight! And um, yeah, she meant all mainstream and/or unresearched ideas based on something your grandparents did with good intentions.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
And um, yeah, she meant all mainstream and/or unresearched ideas based on something your grandparents did with good intentions.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:52 PM

Wow - you mamas sure move fast - just joined the thread last week and am soo behind!

[QUOTE=Paddington;7361038] Why do you torture yourself? Man, I so can't visit mainstream boards. I tried once and was shaking after reading like one post. And then wondered why I didn't stay in my own cocoon world. I can find enough to argue over on alternative parenting boards.

The one and only time I jumped on a mainstream board I read a post from a woman who talked about the way she got her toddler to to bed on his own - spanking

I had nightmares about it for days - can only imagine what the poor little guy is going through...

anyway, thanks for letting me lurk!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:13 PM

Nothing new here.

Re pickles: Lyni LOVES them!! And has no problems, luckily. She has a fit if she sees someone eating them and we don't share.

Any ideas on how to keep my milk? I had noticed a decrease in supply a few weeks ago and now that I know WHY it makes sense. But I don't want to lose my milk if I can help it. I have been drinking tons and nursing as much as my sore boobs can stand. Anyone have any tips? Or ideas on which solids are the most nutritious for Lyn so she gets the most bang for her buck?

I talked my mom into going to the nurse in with me Saturday and she is watching my niece and nephew that day so a whole group of us will be there!!!

Old 02-22-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I talked my mom into going to the nurse in with me Saturday and she is watching my niece and nephew that day so a whole group of us will be there!!!

Are you going to the one in Reading? Me too, where shall we meet???
Old 02-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Nothing new here.

Re pickles: Lyni LOVES them!! And has no problems, luckily. She has a fit if she sees someone eating them and we don't share.

Any ideas on how to keep my milk? I had noticed a decrease in supply a few weeks ago and now that I know WHY it makes sense. But I don't want to lose my milk if I can help it. I have been drinking tons and nursing as much as my sore boobs can stand. Anyone have any tips? Or ideas on which solids are the most nutritious for Lyn so she gets the most bang for her buck?

i've got a recipe for lactation cookies. pm me if you want it. couldn't hurt!

Old 02-22-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248 View Post
Are you going to the one in Reading? Me too, where shall we meet???
In FYT someone gave a location as in the center court, by the elevator, out side of the bonton store. Now I am not overly familiar with the mall but I guess I'll go there? Does that work for you?

Old 02-22-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post

i've got a recipe for lactation cookies. pm me if you want it. couldn't hurt!

Did you say cookies?

Old 02-22-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Stinging nettle is an herb that helps with milk production and it is considered safe during pregnancy. Stress and fatigue can inhibit your let-down reflex...are you finding time to relax these days?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:25 PM

Speaking of bfing, ugh, it's been depleting my minerals and I hadn't even noticed until my fingernails began snapping off when I'd pick things up. I usually have really hard nails that I have to clip with huge toenail clippers. So now I'm on a super foods diet (of my own creation). I don't take supplements as a habit, but if my diet doesn't work I may have to do so. Now that I am thinking about things, I am frequently exhausted, emotional, depressed, and cranky. I'm pretty sure I need to take better care of myself. Wish me luck.

User Tag List