June 2006 Mamas - Chatting Away in February! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quick reply:
Heidi, I am sorry to hear about what you're going through. Feel free to talk about it or PM if you'd like, ok?

Babies and teeth--Philip's top teeth are coming in too. He'll wake up at random times during the night either whining with his eyes closed, or he'll wake up fully and smile and want to play. I am so tired this morning!

We're having diaper issues. They leak! All over the bed! lots of baby pee! (I don't CD).

Babyproofing is necessary now. I have to do a good job or DH will go buy a playpen, which I don't want and don't have room for.

Ashley, it's good to see you. I too like the getting ready for a walk picture. Is that a wrap or a mei tai?

Baby carrier envy over here...

Ange, I owe you a PM
Lindsey, I think I'll be able to ship on Monday, just have to figure out where to get dry ice.

have a good day!
#62 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
We're having diaper issues. They leak! All over the bed! lots of baby pee! (I don't CD).

!
We had the same problem, what brand do you use? I went up to a size 4 Pampers Babydry (with the real strechy tabs now) for nighttime and close the tabs tight. PLenty of room at the top, but gives him more peeing room too.
#63 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248 View Post
Oh, and are you all still burping your babies? If I don't burp Will, he throws up. He never spits up any other time...but I don't remember burping the other kids this late.
at night we are because she isn't moving around enough to get them out on her own.
Quote:
Lindsey, I think I'll be able to ship on Monday, just have to figure out where to get dry ice.

have a good day!
You are too sweet! I told Lee about you donating milk to us and he is thrilled. Thank you so much for such a wonderful gift!
#64 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 11:35 AM

let's see what i can remember...too lazy to click the multi-quote button:

i'm very very grateful to have a full term baby, but my body is ridiculously worn out. physically i can't handle much more of this. my torso is so short that everytime i have a contraction my uterus mashes down on my ribs, and after each contraction, jackson kicks and punches as hard as he can, thus causing more pain. i swear i'm internally bruised. my back is handling it better than i had anticipated, thank goodness (my neck is broken and i suffer from chronic back spasms) so i'm still able to move, but my pubic bones and hip joints aren't handling the strain real well. alright, enough griping. i just hope he's ready soon. 5 days of contractions is starting to hurt, a lot.

um, burping...we don't burp her anymore. she belches like a frat boy all on her own. seriously, it's amazing how big a noise can come out of such a small baby.

i need to go clean out my blazer, 'cause i'm going to meet brad at a car dealership over lunch. he found a minivan we might be able to get. it's a 99 plymouth voyager. we're going to try and do an even trade betweeen the van and the blazer, since we definitely can't fit out whole family in the blazer. sam's new carseat should also be arriving today so we'll have the baby bucket for jackson when he decides to arrive.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#65 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 12:07 PM

Ecomama, I can't view the link because I'm at work....but how are you liking that ergo still? I'm getting an onbu hopefully this weekend.
#66 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
Ecomama, I can't view the link because I'm at work....but how are you liking that ergo still? I'm getting an onbu hopefully this weekend.
love it. we use it alot.
#67 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 12:21 PM

Wowzers... Lots to multi-quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
Hey mamas...I'm getting ready to put together my NEW! EXCITING! WEBSITE! and want to put together a list of articles/essays to write about chiro/craniosacral with mamas, babies, etc... Anything you'd want to see? any ideas?
Um, I've never seen a chiro... Um, anything on lower back pain from carrying a 20 lb baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
Here's some photos!
Cute cute cute... Hubby isn't bad either

Quote:
Hey Ashley! Were those underwear in that picture for Thor? Jackson is just now wanting to go on the potty...
Are you super potty trainer now? Man, potty training is the pits.. If Jackson potty trains in one day, break it to me gently, kay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
Cute pics everyone.

What's up with babes getting all tired, about to fall asleep, and then just wake up with full energy?? : Elijah has been doing this for a couple of nights now. I don't get it. I think it's that top tooth trying to make its way through. Man it sucks. But it could be worse. At least he's happy tonight.
If its teeth please please let them break through soon cause I AM TIRED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Katie did this the one night I didn't dose the bedroom with EO. I put 2 cups of boiling water in a bowl on top of the dresser and then put 5 drops of lavender EO in it. The steam carries the scent around the room. Don't put the EO in before you carry the bowl though, because you'll be asphyxiated. If I do that before I nurse her down, then she'll sleep 4 hour stretches. The one night I forgot and went to boil the water after she was in bed, she was awake again before the water got remotely hot.
I vaguely remembering hearing something on the radio yesterday about lavendar and boys... I think it was bad.... Must research cause I do have a lavendar lotion though we don't use it often...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkbar View Post
well it's been a rough week. i start my whole divorce process on tuesday. get to start all the legal stuff.. i can already tell it's gonna be terrible. please just keep us in your thoughts. i am so scared/worried/nervous. i am not sure what i'm going to do about daycare issues.. but that is why i'll be away. hopefully i'll still be able to check in during work..
I'm sorry mama We will definitely be thinking of you...Feel free to unload on us whenever you need it (PMs work too...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
still here, still pregnant. it's getting exhausting. i would like to have a baby soon, please. my poor body is so tired.
Just imagine if you were 10 years older and doing this... Good thing you started young. Hang in there Sarah. I was exhausted after one pregnancy, can't imagine back to back. Double

Quote:
William hates the carseat. We had to take my oldest to tutoring last night, and he screamed the whole way there and back. I pulled over to see if he needed to burp or something, but no. He just wanted out. Any ideas on how to handle this? Not driving is not an option, I have other kids that need to be places. Maybe once I get a new carseat....

Oh, and are you all still burping your babies? If I don't burp Will, he throws up. He never spits up any other time...but I don't remember burping the other kids this late.
We need to get a new car seat. J is hanging over the sides. What were the recommendations for that anyway? Back to the research drawing board...

Burping... We don't actually have to burp J, just keep him up right for a few minutes and he will do it all on his own...

Quote:

Ange, I owe you a PM
We had to move up a size when we got to excessive leaking. We are in size 4 huggies (costco...) Um, yes, C was wearing size 4 at the beginning of last year :

And looking forward to your thoughts... :

Hmmm... I thought there was more... Better go back and look....

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#68 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
You're right, but I don't go to huge lengths to negotiate things. I will stand up for myself if I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick or like she's trying to take advantage of me. But I go into things believing that she's a good person with good intentions, and that she will grow into the person she is and needs to be without outside discipline. I guess I see her as a person with equal rights and equal responsibilities. I'm not her maid and I'm not her boss. I enjoy her as a person, and I value her thoughts and ideas and contributions to our house. I've lived longer though, so I know more about some things, and my job is to be her guide.
I like this... Are you joining our GD group cause I need all the info I can get....? :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#69 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 12:29 PM

changed for ua.
#70 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Not ignoring you Lisa... but um, I don't have a girl

#71 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Are you super potty trainer now? Man, potty training is the pits.. If Jackson potty trains in one day, break it to me gently, kay?

Well, considering my others weren't potty trained until like 4 or so...

Actually, I don't really "train", I just let them go when they want. My other kids never really wanted to, but Jackson has gone pee on the potty for the last two days fairly consistently. He asked to go, I took him, he went. I deserve an easy potty-er!!!

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing...
#72 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing...
sorry guys. i just have a bunch of things from marley and im trying to declutter
#73 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Caroline -- Nope, Thor's not even close to potty trained. I think it's gonna be a while!!

Oh, and Jessica, I would second moving up a size in diapers. Anna's in a size 4 and since we moved up I haven't had one blowout or leak! She's a chunky sweet thing though!

Thanks for all the nice comments about my pics...

Sarah -- you're so close!!!

OK I've gotta go bathe the babes...

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#74 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Well, considering my others weren't potty trained until like 4 or so...

Actually, I don't really "train", I just let them go when they want. My other kids never really wanted to, but Jackson has gone pee on the potty for the last two days fairly consistently. He asked to go, I took him, he went. I deserve an easy potty-er!!!
Okay, that makes me feel better as I don't think C is going to "get" it until he is 4.....

Quote:
sorry guys. i just have a bunch of things from marley and im trying to declutter
Not at all. Now seriously, if we only were able to talk about boys, some mamas would definitely be missing out on the conversation I just noticed no one had posted for like an hour and didn't want you to think you were a thread killer I could use some decluttering though....

#75 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 02:38 PM

Tooth tooth tooth! She finally has a tooth!!

that is all. I am exhausted.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#76 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
who thinks their lil girl will be in 12m when it's warm and wants this? the back is cute too. id be happy to get it out today.
I would, but my Amazon girly is already in 12 month clothes...:

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#77 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:

That's so cute! I love a couple of teeth and a bunch of gums.
#78 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I vaguely remembering hearing something on the radio yesterday about lavendar and boys... I think it was bad.... Must research cause I do have a lavendar lotion though we don't use it often...

Just imagine if you were 10 years older and doing this... Good thing you started young. Hang in there Sarah. I was exhausted after one pregnancy, can't imagine back to back. Double

We need to get a new car seat. J is hanging over the sides. What were the recommendations for that anyway? Back to the research drawing board...
Um, didn't lavender cause breasts in boy? or something equally crazy?

At least 10 years from now I would have been in shape before getting pregnant the FIRST time. You know the whole get-married-and-gain-weight thing? Yeah, not conducive to pregnancy.

We just got Sam's new carseat today. I wonder how she's gonna like sitting up as opposed to being reclined in the bucket?

Quote:
who thinks their lil girl will be in 12m when it's warm and wants this? the back is cute too. id be happy to get it out today.

i hope im not stepping over ua lines by this. if so plmk amy. :

and i have some warm weather girly rompers for sizes 9-12 and a few 6-9 if anyone wants them pm me. (was gonna list them for free on the tp but wanted to ask here 1st.)
we're in 9-12 months. :

Quote:

Yay Ruby! Watch out...those buggers are sharp!!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#79 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 03:28 PM

ok, i found a few small stains on that romper so i deleted it. just gonna bring it to goodwill. pm going to you sarah..
#80 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
We just got Sam's new carseat today. I wonder how she's gonna like sitting up as opposed to being reclined in the bucket?
If she's anything like Marlow (which she is) she will LOVE it. And she can grab the window screen and thrash that around too....it must be fun.
#81 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 03:41 PM

I suppose it might be best if my boys don't have man boobs....:

#82 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
If she's anything like Marlow (which she is) she will LOVE it. And she can grab the window screen and thrash that around too....it must be fun.
well, thanks to tinted windows, there is no window screen to pull, poor baby. she's so deprived.

#83 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
at night we are because she isn't moving around enough to get them out on her own.

You are too sweet! I told Lee about you donating milk to us and he is thrilled. Thank you so much for such a wonderful gift!
You can get dry ice from any ice co.if there's one near you , cheek the yellow pages.

Quote:
There's a kid clothes swap:http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=597916IF you don't have any luck! btw kiddo's are so cute!

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#84 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Elijah needs a new carseat. I can't believe his has lasted this long. Dh thinks he can use an old one that his mom has laying around but I'm gonna tell her to please send it to goodwill before he has a chance to ask! It's seriously gross. I think it's over 10yrs. old. I'm NOT putting my ds in it. So..can someone recommend a good *adorable* car seat?
#85 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:

: :

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#86 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
i know, im in it.

and ty
#87 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Elijah needs a new carseat. I can't believe his has lasted this long. Dh thinks he can use an old one that his mom has laying around but I'm gonna tell her to please send it to goodwill before he has a chance to ask! It's seriously gross. I think it's over 10yrs. old. I'm NOT putting my ds in it. So..can someone recommend a good *adorable* car seat?
adorable or affordable?

We have a Britax Decathlon and we love it...it reclines or stay upright we keep it upright because we have a tiny little car. we got it new from eBay for $199.

now an adorable one could be almost any kind of one with a bunch of trapper keeper/Lisa Frank stickers all over it.
#88 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
adorable or affordable?

We have a Britax Decathlon and we love it...it reclines or stay upright we keep it upright becuase we have a tiny little car. we got it new from eBay for $199.

now an adorable one could be almost any kind of one with a bunch of trapper keeper/Lisa Frank stickers all over it.
i totally mean't to write AFFORDABLE
#89 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I figured but I didn't want you to get away with it

Oh and our car seat goes up to 65 pounds so it is an investment!
#90 of 608 Old 02-02-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
We have an Evenflo Triumph 5 and love it - I love the buckle mechanism with a crank, as opposed to the ones you pull the strap to tighten.

http://www0.epinions.com/content_60348796548

I think we paid 109 for it. It's a wide seat; we have it and a harnessed booster for DS in the back of a Honda Accord, but they're on the sides, there's no room for one of them to be in the middle. It goes up to 30 pounds rear facing, and 40 pounds forward facing.

It's funny, without talking to any of my friends IRL, 4 of them have also purchased the same seat and love it, too. Was a hoot every time we'd see each other's cars for the first time and say, 'hey, we have the same seat!'

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page