June 2006 Mamas - Chatting Away in February! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-04-2007, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
BTW Ange, I love that THE 5 (i think that's the one you're talking about.) is YOUR freeway. Where I grew up, I-5 is THE freeway.
I want MY own freeway. That would kick ass! Of course, I don't actually go anywhere, so it's kind of pointless, but still...it would be rockin awesome.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2007, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Hi, everybody!
(hi, dr. nick!)
<giggle>

Sorry about teeth and imaginary husbands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
The button I hear is a concern when the baby is bigger....he/she can quick-release herself.
If you mean the buckle for the straps that's down by the crotch, I haven't had any problems with ours, and my toddler was in it until he was about 2-3/4 yrs...quite honestly, I really have to hork on it with my thumb to get it to release the straps (and my mom has to use both hands, but she's a wuss ), so I can imagine he'd really have to work it, too. And Caroline is right about the quick release, there's no way a kid could get to that and manipulate it before you'd know it and be able to pull over or something.

But anyway.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
I got a new job!!!!!
YAY!!!!!! Congrats!

Quote:
We have forward motion. And there's 3 pictures on my blog that I'm trying to decide between for the newspaper photospread. Anyone want to chime in?
Go go go! That is great video.

Um, can you refresh my memory on your blog url? I don't seem to have it bookmarked; I htought I had everyone here's blogs saved, but I can't find yours... ...and I don't see it in your siggy... ETA: DUH - I found it, and I voted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
Well guess what ladies.....Eczema is all gone!!!!!!! I even ate a bit of dairy for atleast 4 days now and now reaction. ...
I mean the eczema is completely gone, no redness, no little bumps, no flaky skin, nothing!!! Im sooooo stoked! I actually had a slice of pineapple/jalepeno pizza today for lunch (Ange, I thought of you the whole time). It was soooooo yummy!
<snip>
he wanted to be a little different, so since his middle initial is N, he went with JasN.
YAHOO! and really cool, re: JasN. I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkbar View Post
can everyone please just keep us in your thoughts, its really a lot harder than i thought.
Absolutely done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
I want MY own freeway. That would kick ass! Of course, I don't actually go anywhere, so it's kind of pointless, but still...it would be rockin awesome.
: I would love to have some personal road and highways around here...wonder how one would go about doing that....

We finally got some snow that stuck around - a whopping 2 inches (stupid global warming), so DH shoveled the driveway snow into the yard so DS could play in it. DD was content to be on my back, and we spent about 25 min out then it got too cold/windy. Snow wasn't wet enough to build a snowman, as DS had hoped, but he had a blast running around and throwing armfulls of snow at DH and me (AND, he was able to resist the impulse to throw it at DD, which was awesome!) A few pics:
Carrier (what is up with my forehead in this pic? Ew.)
SnowThrow
Coming to get Mommy

So, Kait is waving! It's soooo stinking cute. She does it when she's scooting around on the floor, then she rolls onto one side, and she'll stick her hand up and wave to you and smile, like, "here I am!" She also does it in her highchair if I'm in the kitchen and she's in the dining room and I turn and look at her and wave. I've been trying to get video of it, but the little stinker of course won't do it if I have the camera handy. She's also really close to a full-on crawl.

Hope everyone has a good remainder of the weekend!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Old 02-04-2007, 04:25 PM

Hey fellow June mommas....ack can you believe how fast this first year is going?? I am so like "Slow down I am not ready for a 1 yr old!" :

B stood on his own two days ago. We were at a CPR/First Aid class and we were sitting on the floor playing while a video was going. I was holding his hands while he stood and bounced and then I didnt feel his hand anymore so I looked over and he was looking right at me standing there. Then he plopped right down. But it was like 5 sec he stood. I squealed and kissed him and made a big sceen. it was so amazing. We got so many compliments on how well behaved he was and how plesent it was to have him in class. Makes me feel better cause some of my friends have been comming down on me about my parenting style. One friend says I need to let him out of my uterus (the jokes on her cause she is due with her first and she is a single mom so she will have this one come back and bite her). B is just going through a clingy stage and he dosent like day care, he's not use to the screaming kids the day care lady who is screaming at the kids, actuall its not that bad cause he is there when most of her kids are at school. But still he just wants his mommy. The day care lady read the attached parenting book and knows where I am comming from, but I know it can be frustrating when B start to cry incontrollably..at least he hasnt throwen up yet because of it. For the most part they get along and we hang out there when we can.

My stress level is pretty high cause homework is over whelming and I have a self study class that I am not being diciplined about. I am trying to get people over here to watch and occupy B while I do homework, its not working out so well : I love this kid but he is killing me...but he is so damn sweet and cute and wonderful and he is worth it all cause I am going to school for him, so that I can start this photography business and we can make money get a house and live the life we want to live. anyways I gotta get going. I miss all you mommas I wish I could post more often.

Hey isnt Sarah due soon? How are ya doing momma? I am trying to keep up with it all. Do we have any ney pregger mommas yet? I am gointing my cycle beads and getting nervous, Dh and my MW will both strangle me if I am knocked up again Okay talk to you all later.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikiamber View Post
Hey isnt Sarah due soon? How are ya doing momma? I am trying to keep up with it all. Do we have any ney pregger mommas yet? I am gointing my cycle beads and getting nervous, Dh and my MW will both strangle me if I am knocked up again Okay talk to you all later.
I'm due on the 22nd. Hanging in there!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 02-04-2007, 05:41 PM

Harper in a snowsuit

Looks like we did the same thing, Heather! Fun, but a little too cold here.

A baby also went to Boston yesterday. She was the star of the salon (the manny took care of her while I got my hair did). Maybe I should put up mirrors everywhere around my house, because she is never that nice to me!

She's still working on teeth. I thought the top 4 were all in, but she let me get a good feel, and only 2 are cut. So it's _X_X with the x being a tooth. The other spots look like they will pop at any minute. Crank, crank.

I tried the goat milk yogurt, and while she wasn't super fussy, the next day she got one pinprick spot of blood in the poo. She had a very mild rash. So goat milk is out for me. Bleah. That yogurt was really good too, I had it with cinnamon and honey. I guess it shares one protein in common with cow milk, hence potential for reaction.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Harper in a snowsuit

Looks like we did the same thing, Heather! Fun, but a little too cold here.

A baby also went to Boston yesterday. She was the star of the salon (the manny took care of her while I got my hair did). Maybe I should put up mirrors everywhere around my house, because she is never that nice to me!

She's still working on teeth. I thought the top 4 were all in, but she let me get a good feel, and only 2 are cut. So it's _X_X with the x being a tooth. The other spots look like they will pop at any minute. Crank, crank.

I tried the goat milk yogurt, and while she wasn't super fussy, the next day she got one pinprick spot of blood in the poo. She had a very mild rash. So goat milk is out for me. Bleah. That yogurt was really good too, I had it with cinnamon and honey. I guess it shares one protein in common with cow milk, hence potential for reaction.
Yay for snowbabies!! Too cute!

Sam's laying on her belly with both sisters sitting beside her, and she is cracking up. It's awesome. Victoria keeps making faces at her, and Sam shrieks and laughs and then yells until she makes another face.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:01 PM

Hi all! Its been 3 days since I could post and of course you girls chat up 127 posts!

Been out of my house after spending four days making it look like the virtual tour. So Thur and Fri it was open to the Realtors and on Saturday it was shown 4 or 5 times and then today twice. Hopefully no more so we can watch the Bears!!!!!! We are actaully going to a party soon but spending a few hours in our home this weekend since we had to leave at 11am and couldnt come back until after 6pm. Plus its like zero degrees outside. This afternoon after we got back, Bob and Liz buried St Joseph in our backyard to sell the house soon.

So thats my story for now, I will check in as much as possible.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 02-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
BTW Ange, I love that THE 5 (i think that's the one you're talking about.) is YOUR freeway. Where I grew up, I-5 is THE freeway.

We get to see DH tomorrow!!! Hooray!! He's been gone 3 weeks. I don't know how long I get to see him, I have to meet him with some lube for his truck. Hopefully we'll at least get lunch, but Katie and I are bringing a change of clothes in case we get to spend the night over there. Still don't know when he's coming home or when he has to go back to the "other" work.
So glad you get to see hubby! Hope you are having a blast!

Actually this one was the 405... I technically go on 3 freeways to get to work so I call them all mine. Too bad everyone else gets free access.

Random thoughts I never replied to...

Kelly, if I wore a fanny pack I may be jumped walking down the street. That is so not California! Unless you are a little old lady or out of towner from Nebraska or something.

The use of the word "pop", Lindsey, I saw the word and the sentence didn't even form until Kelly pointed out you were referring to "soda" : I am so wrapped up in my own private California. Man, talk about self centered... : Isn't it funny the different use of language just in the US (and Canada!)

Going in search of car seats... oh fun money spending... Other than that, no new news over here... Ya'll enjoy the puppy bowl! (that's what's on in my house...)

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone So I started the new thread and then disappeared and now came back to 7 pages, wow! I've been trying stay away from the computer a bit (because every time I sign on for "just a minute" an hour goes by!) to clean and declutter (I hear ya, Kelly!) now that 80% of the flood damage is fixed, so our new house can actually look nice and we can have the housewarming party we've been wanting to have for 6 weeks now!

Andrew pulled up to standing for the first time a couple of days ago! I can't believe it. He is all over the place now, it's crazy. And he started waving, too! He sits on DH's lap across the room and DH says, "Wave 'hi' to Mama" and he does - it's the cutest thing ever! Oh and I forgot, the other adorable thing he does that I love - when he's tired and starts nursing, his eyes roll back so far! It cracks me up! Speaking of waving, is anyone doing baby sign language? One of my friends was telling me I should start now, it's the perfect time. I didn't do it with the girls but I was thinking about it - anyone else?

Katie - congrats on the new job!

Heidi - so sorry about your situation That is really hard.

Candice, your daughter sounds like such a great kid! I am trying to be a bit more like that with Teresa and I think it's helping with some of our issues.

Ange, sorry about your horrendous commute! And about your nighttime/lack of self-care time issues (since I read your post on the GD MSN group but didn't respond yet!) Hope you get to relax a little on the weekends at least!

Sarah, hang in there, Jackson will be here before you know it! But I know what you mean about gaining weight after getting married and being pregnant right away - I was finally down to my ideal weight when DH and I were dating - but by the time we got married (and then on our honeymoon, forget it - Paris?! I think I ate more cheese and pastry and drank more wine in a week than most people do in a decade ) So coming back from our honeymoon and finding out I was pg, and then remaining pg and/or nursing for 5 1/2 years straight now, has not exactly done wonders for my figure But I'm working on it! The current lack of sin-stick availability had helped a bit - at least until our neighbors started selling Girl Scout Cookies!!

Who was asking about sposies that won't leak - Jessica? Try Pampers Cruisers - they are AMAZING. They have a new liner thingie in them that works so well. Also great for containing bf poo - Andrew is an exploder I just switched him to size 5 because 4 was getting too small around his chubbalicious waist! :

Carseats - we use the Britax Marathon for both Madeleine and Andrew - they are expensive but they just seem the safest to me for our car - they say that the safest seat is the one that fits your car the best, and in our minivan, the seat slopes more than is typical so it's hard to get the right angle, and the LATCH attachments are set fairly close together, so I've found that the narrow/adjustable base of the Britax fits the best - I can get the LATCH anchor straps super-tight, and the angle is correct. Teresa has been in a booster seat for about 6 months - but I changed my mind about that and I want to put her back in a 5-pt. harness. I asked about this here on MDC in the Child Years area and got some recommendations on a good one that will fit her since she's quite big for her age. (Kelly - you inspired me to research more on this - thanks!)

So, what's everyone doing for the Super Bowl?? We were invited to a couple of parties and were planning to hit one or both - one is homeschool co-op friends and one is LLL friends. But unfortunately DH and I had a bit of a fight earlier today and he said, "Go to the party yourself, I'm going to the office" and left. So it may be just the kids and me going. I still hope he shows up, though. (Note: anyone who thinks so, feel free to tell me what a complete jerk he is being. Especially Sarah! ) No seriously, I love him of course, but he's been stressed at work lately and is majorly taking it out on me (IMHO ) Basically his 40th bday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I have been asking him repeatedly what he wants to do for it, and he 1) won't give me a straight answer; 2) claims he does not want a party but won't say why not; 3) keeps saying "don't do anything because we just bought a new house and I don't want you to waste money"; 4) tells me I do things for him that are the kinds of things *I* would like done for me and not what he wants. So I'm like, OK, if you honestly don't want me to plan a surprise, then tell me what you would like! Otherwise let me plan something fun. It doesn't have to be huge or expensive, but it's a milestone birthday and I would feel bad to just let it pass with nothing. My parents offered to come babysit so I kept telling him all these ideas I had for what we could do, and he kept shooting down every one in a not-very-nice way but not offering any alternatives. So I felt pretty unappreciated. I really want to do something that would make him happy - he says he wants "nothing" but I'm afraid if I really do nothing, he'll be disappointed. The kids really wanted to do something for him too. I even said we could just all do a family dinner out and then leave the kids with my parents and go out somewhere nice for dessert and drinks or something, and he rolled his eyes and said, "whatever, we'll see." Well it can't be "we'll see" since my folks need notice if we need them to babysit. And then he made a callous remark about my efforts that really ticked me off, so I said something obnoxious back and well...it escalated from there. And you know how once you start arguing, it's hard to stay on the actual topic? (Or maybe that's just us So before long it had gone from a fight about what to do for his 40th to a fight about how we never go on dates or do anything romantic anymore and that he must not enjoy my company anymore. Well I knew it was a lost cause then....it ended with me saying something like, "Well fine, you can just spend your birthday alone then" and him storming out and leaving. Great. Well, at least I'm bringing margaritas to the party - I will need a few myself!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Old 02-04-2007, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
This afternoon after we got back, Bob and Liz buried St Joseph in our backyard to sell the house soon.
We did that too! Hope his intercession works for you as well as it did for us!

And I forgot to say, all the latest photos are ADORABLE! Love the slinging/carrying photos and the snowsuit ones! We've yet to get enough snow for real playing in - just an inch or so that ices up right away.

Oh man. It's almost 5:00. I really don't want to go to the party without DH. I am going to try to be mature and reasonable about it and go call him. I mean, if I get all worried about online relationships breaking down, I should live up to my DDDDC and extend the olive branch to my own husband, right?!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Old 02-04-2007, 07:54 PM

Well...I've read the whole thread...but have no energy to respond. I've been super sick at the same time Lu is cutting teeth. : It's been hell. I did feel a bit better today and we met Korin + Ruby and Megan + Nevie for coffee. The babies are adorable, and the moms either work out or have ridiculously good genes. : (I'm not really irked.) But now, I'm exhausted again. Just wanted to stop in and say hello.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Sarah, hang in there, Jackson will be here before you know it! But I know what you mean about gaining weight after getting married and being pregnant right away - I was finally down to my ideal weight when DH and I were dating - but by the time we got married (and then on our honeymoon, forget it - Paris?! I think I ate more cheese and pastry and drank more wine in a week than most people do in a decade ) So coming back from our honeymoon and finding out I was pg, and then remaining pg and/or nursing for 5 1/2 years straight now, has not exactly done wonders for my figure But I'm working on it! The current lack of sin-stick availability had helped a bit - at least until our neighbors started selling Girl Scout Cookies!!

So, what's everyone doing for the Super Bowl?? We were invited to a couple of parties and were planning to hit one or both - one is homeschool co-op friends and one is LLL friends. But unfortunately DH and I had a bit of a fight earlier today and he said, "Go to the party yourself, I'm going to the office" and left. So it may be just the kids and me going. I still hope he shows up, though. (Note: anyone who thinks so, feel free to tell me what a complete jerk he is being. Especially Sarah! ) No seriously, I love him of course, but he's been stressed at work lately and is majorly taking it out on me (IMHO ) Basically his 40th bday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I have been asking him repeatedly what he wants to do for it, and he 1) won't give me a straight answer; 2) claims he does not want a party but won't say why not; 3) keeps saying "don't do anything because we just bought a new house and I don't want you to waste money"; 4) tells me I do things for him that are the kinds of things *I* would like done for me and not what he wants. So I'm like, OK, if you honestly don't want me to plan a surprise, then tell me what you would like! Otherwise let me plan something fun. It doesn't have to be huge or expensive, but it's a milestone birthday and I would feel bad to just let it pass with nothing. My parents offered to come babysit so I kept telling him all these ideas I had for what we could do, and he kept shooting down every one in a not-very-nice way but not offering any alternatives. So I felt pretty unappreciated. I really want to do something that would make him happy - he says he wants "nothing" but I'm afraid if I really do nothing, he'll be disappointed. The kids really wanted to do something for him too. I even said we could just all do a family dinner out and then leave the kids with my parents and go out somewhere nice for dessert and drinks or something, and he rolled his eyes and said, "whatever, we'll see." Well it can't be "we'll see" since my folks need notice if we need them to babysit. And then he made a callous remark about my efforts that really ticked me off, so I said something obnoxious back and well...it escalated from there. And you know how once you start arguing, it's hard to stay on the actual topic? (Or maybe that's just us So before long it had gone from a fight about what to do for his 40th to a fight about how we never go on dates or do anything romantic anymore and that he must not enjoy my company anymore. Well I knew it was a lost cause then....it ended with me saying something like, "Well fine, you can just spend your birthday alone then" and him storming out and leaving. Great. Well, at least I'm bringing margaritas to the party - I will need a few myself!
I know he'll be here soon. I really can't stay pregnant forever, no matter how much it feels like it. We are NOT meant to be pregnant for 17 months! Oh well. The contractions have lessened enough that I can sit without being in pain, so that helps a lot.

And as far as arguing and staying on topic goes, the main thing that has helped us is the "48 hour rule". We do not bring up a topic if it is more than 48 hours old. That means that 1)we're not dredging up old issues over and over again (seriously, my mom still gives my dad a hard time for forgetting to fill the car with gas in 1983) and 2) it forces discussion, so if something is really bugging us, we have 48 hours to discuss it, or it's no longer open for conversation. It's worked well, and saved us a lot of arguments/bickering.

I hope you guys can find something fun to do for his birthday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Well...I've read the whole thread...but have no energy to respond. I've been super sick at the same time Lu is cutting teeth. : It's been hell. I did feel a bit better today and we met Korin + Ruby and Megan + Nevie for coffee. The babies are adorable, and the moms either work out or have ridiculously good genes. : (I'm not really irked.) But now, I'm exhausted again. Just wanted to stop in and say hello.
I'm sorry you're sick! I hope you're better soon.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Megan works out. me, just damn lucky, cause : i won't ever be a 'work out' kinda girl.
Sorry you're feeling crappy C, you didn't look crappy.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:33 PM

Thanks.

Sarah, I like the 48-hour rule...maybe I'll try to implement that.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:45 PM

ugh..sick house...sick baby...sick mama....sick papa....why?...hmmmm.....could it have been because the SICK IL's DECIDED TO VISIT WHILE SICK?....

...what are these...called again?

We have a diffuser that I put eucalyptus in to diffuse. I don't feel any better and the baby can't sleep because she can't breathe out of her nose.

My mom came over to help me out while Lee was working at the co-op and she washed the baby in the sink but got soap in her eyes so I was consoling a hurt Bubbie-ann instead of resting. poor Bubbie-ann.

I like all the pictures and I like to say pop. But I am sick so I must go.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:58 PM

Kerri, you just had me laughing out loud your whole post. I have been known to pick a fight when I need attention from the hubby too. Why do you think I am extra sensitive to when C is doing it? I know where he is coming from... No advice though. Dh doesn't like to do anything big for his birthdays. Just likes food. Maybe your dh is just sensitive about it being the 40th? I'm thinking plan the family dinner and make dessert/drinks at home.

Dh is watching the puppy bowl....: : : :

Hmmm... I may need to go pick a fight... :

Hope all the sick ones feel better soon... I know it Kicked My last week as well... :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks.

Sarah, I like the 48-hour rule...maybe I'll try to implement that.
It's a kickass rule. One of the good things we got out of our marriage prep through the church.

Quote:
ugh..sick house...sick baby...sick mama....sick papa....why?...hmmmm.....could it have been because the SICK IL's DECIDED TO VISIT WHILE SICK?....

...what are these...called again?

We have a diffuser that I put eucalyptus in to diffuse. I don't feel any better and the baby can't sleep because she can't breathe out of her nose.

My mom came over to help me out while Lee was working at the co-op and she washed the baby in the sink but got soap in her eyes so I was consoling a hurt Bubbie-ann instead of resting. poor Bubbie-ann.

... are ellipsis. Poor Bubbie-ann indeed! And how funny is it that her almost-twin's nickname is Bubba-doo? Ha!

And I'm very sorry the crummy ILs decided to visit while sick. That's NO good.

Please, goddess, don't let us get sick! I don't want to be sick and in labor!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 12:40 AM

Forgot~ CUTE snow pics!!!!!! Um, it was hot today. Like, um, shorts kind of hot.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:59 AM

I, like Candice, have no energy to respond.
So,
No snow here, just cold. We went to brunch w/ the ILs and everyone (seriously, like 4 different tables of people) talked about how cute Philip is.
I'll write more when I'm at work, probably, and totally not working because it's so boring.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:22 AM

Hi Riki! on the standing, and on the daycare probs.

Quote:
Love it! The snowsuits are the same shade of dusty pink, I think. She looks like she's waiting for a bus or something. Wish you coulda had the goat yogurt without problem, I hope she gets an 'iron belly' soon and you can get back to eating foods you love! That goes for all mamas still on restriction!

Quote:
Speaking of waving, is anyone doing baby sign language? One of my friends was telling me I should start now, it's the perfect time. I didn't do it with the girls but I was thinking about it - anyone else?
<snip>
Who was asking about sposies that won't leak - Jessica? Try Pampers Cruisers - they are AMAZING. They have a new liner thingie in them that works so well.
<snip>
I mean, if I get all worried about online relationships breaking down, I should live up to my DDDDC and extend the olive branch to my own husband, right?!
You know, I never did it with DS, and his vocab and speaking is great, so I'm probably not goign to do it with DD either....we just talk a LOT around here, so I'm sure she'll pick things up pretty quickly!

<snip> : on the Cruisers, they are the bomb!

<snip> good luck with hubby

Quote:
Well...I've read the whole thread...but have no energy to respond. I've been super sick at the same time Lu is cutting teeth. : It's been hell.
i can't wait until Spring/Summer when we all can get a little break from the winter sickies!!

Quote:
And as far as arguing and staying on topic goes, the main thing that has helped us is the "48 hour rule". We do not bring up a topic if it is more than 48 hours old. That means that 1)we're not dredging up old issues over and over again (seriously, my mom still gives my dad a hard time for forgetting to fill the car with gas in 1983) and 2) it forces discussion, so if something is really bugging us, we have 48 hours to discuss it, or it's no longer open for conversation. It's worked well, and saved us a lot of arguments/bickering.
I love this idea, too. I'll have to talk to DH about this. We do pretty well, but occasionally hang on to feelings and emotions behind past issues, not the issue in particular, but bring back up how we felt about something in the past - hard to explain but it's not healthy either. I really like the 48-hour thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
Megan works out. me, just damn lucky, cause : i won't ever be a 'work out' kinda girl.
Sorry you're feeling crappy C, you didn't look crappy.
Damn lucky for sure - I'm not a workout girl either, and I'm NOT lucky like you.

Quote:

to you too! : ILs... Oh, and I'll let you in on a little secret: I used to say pop too, when I was living outside of Pittsburgh while I was a kid...but changed over to soda quickly when I moved to NY state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Forgot~ CUTE snow pics!!!!!! Um, it was hot today. Like, um, shorts kind of hot.
global warning.

Watched the Super Bowl last night, that was quite a game. I can't believe that weather the entire time. And I'm SO glad Prince didn't wuss out and decide to not perform because of the rain. I love him. DH said, "Dave Grohl must have wet himself when Prince covered his song - that's a huge compliment." DH loves Prince now because of a "Chappelle's Show" episode - anyone know the one I'm talking about? OK, I can't resist, here's the clip: Chappelle Show/Prince For anyone unfamiliar with the show, the guy telling the story is Eddie Murphy's brother, Charlie (who is a regular on Chappelle's Show and has stories about Hollywood in the 80s that are just too funny.)

Old 02-05-2007, 10:51 AM

The Bears Game was great the first minute and that was it! Great party though. We had a party for people who had small kids at my friend/realtor's house. Our kids are in class together and she is 4 blocks away. So if someone's kid has a meltdown, they can go and not miss the game, not that it mattered!
We vowed to get together for the next one. I said it could be at my house and the kids could bring their spouses

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 02-05-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post

So, Kait is waving! It's soooo stinking cute. !

William started waving too, but he usually waves with the hand that is behind my back when someone in front of him waves. Too funny...

Quote:

We only have the two bottem teeth, and he has had them since Christmas Day. My two year old got his first 6 teeth in a week and a half..that was fun!

Quote:
Other than that, no new news over here... Ya'll enjoy the puppy bowl! (that's what's on in my house...)
Ok, we went to a Superbowl party and before we left, my husband put the Puppy bowl on for our dog...you know, so she wouldn't miss the big dog game of the year

Quote:
And you know how once you start arguing, it's hard to stay on the actual topic? (Or maybe that's just us !

We do that all the time. Always ends up back to the same topic. Actually, that topic is usually very similier to the one you had, that he doesn't enjoy being with me or being married to me anymore. Issues, anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
We vowed to get together for the next one. I said it could be at my house and the kids could bring their spouses

We were just saying the same things about the Eagles....my grandchildren might enjoy seeing them win!!

Well, nothing much here. It is COLD. My kids won't wake up because we were out too late last night, but heck if I am going out to drive Lillian to school.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
DH loves Prince now because of a "Chappelle's Show" episode - anyone know the one I'm talking about?
Assemble your crew! Game. Blouses.
We loooove that one and quote it randomly. I watched that dvd while I was in labor, haha. Heather, we should have TV night if we lived closer.

The 48 hour rule is probably a good idea, but then again sometimes people can manage to pack a lot of dumb into 48 hours :/ I like to end all fights with "Yeah? Well, you broke up with me!" Which dates back to 3 months in 2002 where I moved out. We figured out we wasted something like 20k on rent that year because someone was being a butt. Can't let that one whizz by, now can I?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I watched that dvd while I was in labor, haha.
OMG. So did I.

That one, and the Venture Bros DVD from "Adult Swim". You know that one? Brilliant show.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The 48 hour rule is probably a good idea, but then again sometimes people can manage to pack a lot of dumb into 48 hours :/ I like to end all fights with "Yeah? Well, you broke up with me!" Which dates back to 3 months in 2002 where I moved out. We figured out we wasted something like 20k on rent that year because someone was being a butt. Can't let that one whizz by, now can I?
: That's right! Now, if I had to get everything out within 48 hours I wouldn't be able to bring up those random people he had dinner with in college with names that begin with "Sh-" like Sheshanna and Shanna-Marie and Cherie and Shira (actually she was just Annamarie, but I had to prove my point with the Sh-) What we actually end up doing though is that I have to organize my thoughts by rehearsing everything I am ticked off about a few times with my mother and/or sister. (they are actually pretty good sounding boards because they know how great dh is and the things I am usually ticked off about are trivial in the whole scheme of things or as soon as I tell him, he corrects it) And then when I have calmed down some and can speak without yelling, I then approach dh about how I am feeling. We also have a WEDS book. Did any of you Catholics get that from your class? For those not familiar it is Write, Exchange, Discuss, Solve.

The most brilliant thing I got out of my class though was to ALWAYS talk about finances. No secrets or trying to cover-up to protect the other person. If we are broke, we are broke. If we are rolling in it this month, we are rolling in it this month....

Anywho, to work. Have a good one guys....

Old 02-05-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
OMG. So did I.

That one, and the Venture Bros DVD from "Adult Swim". You know that one? Brilliant show.
Only thing I watch on Adult Swim is the Boondocks... Great show....Labor... first time dh watched a hockey game... Second time it was late at night and really kind of went fast so no TV for us....

Old 02-05-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
We also have a WEDS book. Did any of you Catholics get that from your class? For those not familiar it is Write, Exchange, Discuss, Solve.

The most brilliant thing I got out of my class though was to ALWAYS talk about finances. No secrets or trying to cover-up to protect the other person. If we are broke, we are broke. If we are rolling in it this month, we are rolling in it this month....

Anywho, to work. Have a good one guys....
We didn't get that book. Our marriage prep may have been slightly different though, as it was "re-marriage" prep, focusing on blending families and dealing with ex families, ex spouses, first children, new children, etc.

We really liked our marriage prep, actually. I grew up with parents who were Engaged Encounter instructors (and they have one of the worst marriages I've ever seen...irony anyone?) so I was used to it, for the most part.

And the finances are huge here! We talk about it all the time. It's made a huge difference in our daily life, honestly. It always amazes me to talk to my few married friends who have no idea how much their spouse makes, or what their money is being spent on. I don't understand that, TBH...not that I'm saying Brad has to tell me every time he stops to get a soda (or I him) but I mean I have friends who don't know what their spouse spent $400 on, and vice versa.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
We didn't get that book. Our marriage prep may have been slightly different though, as it was "re-marriage" prep, focusing on blending families and dealing with ex families, ex spouses, first children, new children, etc.
It's actually just a notebook we created for that purpose, not an actual book given by the class or anything.

And for us, it was deciding how much was a fair amount that could be spent without consulting. Everything relative depending on how secure you are financially and all.... If we are going to spend more than that amount, then we have to discuss....

Old 02-05-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
It's actually just a notebook we created for that purpose, not an actual book given by the class or anything.

And for us, it was deciding how much was a fair amount that could be spent without consulting. Everything relative depending on how secure you are financially and all.... If we are going to spend more than that amount, then we have to discuss....
Now I understand! Got it.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Now I understand! Got it.
: Didn't mean to confuse you. :

User Tag List