June 2006 Mamas - Chatting Away in February! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG, Elijah and Marlow are so amazingly adorable!!! You all make cute babies. Marlow looks so grown up. Paddington, it said I had to sign in to see yours... but I'll bet your babe is just as cute!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 02:04 AM

Okay, I'm completely lost as to what just happened, and I can't get into the other thread.

Baby is sick. Last night she sounded awful. She's so rattly. So this morning we took her in to the doctor who confirmed it's just a cold. Glad I don't have anything major to worry about. I'm exhausted though. She's soooo cranky and I am not used to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
We may have discussed this before, but what does your DH do, exactly that required so much travel time? Just curious.
DH is an environmental supervisor in the oil & gas industry here. It's huge and he's making a very good name for himself within his field. There are companies fighting over him, and he's actively working for 3 of them right now. So they use up a lot of his time. He works around drilling rigs, tracks the waste and makes sure that it is treated and disposed of properly to do the least damage possible. Also organizes truck drivers coming on and off drilling leases and water haulers, etc. Sometimes it seems like he's running all but the actual drilling. That's what he's doing with 2 of the companies he's working with now, the 3rd is a pipeline company, not entirely sure what he's doing for them. It's a ton of work, but all this is helping us reach our goal of owning property and having it paid off ASAP, then he can work close to home and fewer hours and we can still live comfortably.

Before this, he was working in forestry, and he worked shifts from 10 days on and 4 days off to 21 on and 7 off. So this 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off is nice.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#243 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neth Naneth View Post
I am so glad that I found this thread.

My ds isn't crawling but that doesn't stop him from getting around . . . . instead he gets around by rolling around . He is just now starting to scoot and rotate a little. I think it's just so cute.
Welcome!! Glad you found us. How cute about the rolling. It doesn't matter how they get there, just as long as they do, huh! Rolling is as good a way as any! Lets see, Kya, my 4 1/2 yr old walked like Mogly from Jungle Book, Carson crawled, and J.C looks to be perfecting the worm!

Ange, can't see the pics! Need log in info.

Kessa, wow, dh has an awesome job! Very important! And yes, 2 wks on, 2 wks off sounds a heck of alot better than 21 days straight! So glad he's back!

I don't know if I mentioned before that we might be moving if my dh got this new job, well they offered it to him today!!! He starts March 1st, so we've got to get our house packed and ready to sell by then! ACK! : JasN's parents have a few houses that they've bought, fixed up, and either rented out or sold, so we're gonna stay in one of those till we can find a house we like but still be down near his job (its almost 2hrs away) So no stress about having to buy and sell a house similtaneously. But we have SO MUCH STUFF!!! Its gonna be a whirlwind 3 wks!

Don't know if I'll be able to be on here all day like normal, but I'll try to check in once a day when the kids go to sleep

Amy, any good tips on how to get your house ready to sell? I think we're gonna rip out the carpet in the dining room and replace it or put in laminate, not sure yet. But since you're in the middle of all the house stuff now, just thought you might have some pointers on what looks best. :
#244 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Cute Cute Cute pics Lindsey and Lisa! I need to do some recent ones of J... Hmmm....

In his henley

With the wash cloth

About to get into the big tub

The um, rest are still in the camera. Good night folks....
Thank you! I can't view your pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
OMG, Elijah and Marlow are so amazingly adorable!!! You all make cute babies. Marlow looks so grown up. Paddington, it said I had to sign in to see yours... but I'll bet your babe is just as cute!
aw thanks...she seems so grown up to us too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
I don't know if I mentioned before that we might be moving if my dh got this new job, well they offered it to him today!!! He starts March 1st, so we've got to get our house packed and ready to sell by then! ACK! : JasN's parents have a few houses that they've bought, fixed up, and either rented out or sold, so we're gonna stay in one of those till we can find a house we like but still be down near his job (its almost 2hrs away) So no stress about having to buy and sell a house similtaneously. But we have SO MUCH STUFF!!! Its gonna be a whirlwind 3 wks!
oooo! congratulations!!!!
#245 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 05:58 AM

OOh the babies are growing up so fast its incredable. I will have to sneak some time to play with my pics and post some, for now school and baby are keeping me on a merry go round....its 1047pm and B dosent seem to be getting sleepy. I sure hopes he dosent stay up till 2am again this time, I have a class at 8am and we need to be out of the house by 715. This anti sleeping fit is driving me up the wall. I am about 3 inches from letting him CIO in his pac'n'play in the other room, but its desturbing the roomate that would stop me....this is how desperat I am, its that or the other thoughts that I have and those arnt nice to admit. is there a support group on here for moms who have anger issues? I looked at PPD but I dont fit the profile, PP psycosis (sp?) is prolly a bit closer to how I am feeling when I get angry at him. This isnt right. Everyone (the people I call friends) keep telling me to have him CIO and everything in me says no, my pride, my stubborness, half my heart...the other half thinks they might be right. I want to call the local hot line but I am afraid that they will tell me the same thing. What are my alternitives? I have tried keeping him awake but tonight he took an hour nap at day care and thats what does it. THat last little nap of the day, I feel terrible asking the day care to keep him up cause he will just scream the whole time...ooh and the deamon he becomes in his carseat is making it so that I dont want to drive anywhere with him. I would rather walk in the -40 weather!

Sorry to vent, it helps but I know its a thread killer. You mommas are all I can turn to when I feel this way cause my mainstream friends make me want to scream...we all just need to agree to disagree on parenting styles then when the kids are teens and adults we will see who was the wiser.
#246 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 12:08 PM

Sorry, does this work? I always try something different to share the pics and nothing ever works right the first time...

Congrats Kelly by the way!!

And Kessa, glad you got some time with hubby :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#247 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 01:22 PM

Oh, Riki, . That's so hard... so hard. My DS was similar, but he'd go to sleep fine but then wake up at 2am and stay awake for hours. I know, it is *so* hard and so difficult to maintain sanity!! IMO, it's much better to put the babe down for a bit in another room or in your room and walk out, if you feel like you're losing it. Even if they cry. I did that a couple times with DS because I felt like I was just falling apart, yk? So I had to set him down in his crib and walk away and cry for a little bit, breathe, etc.

Sorry if this is a totally dumb question, but do you have a DP that can help you out? Sometimes if I got to the end of my rope I'd just hand DS to DH and say, "I can't do it anymore... your turn!"

Also, I wouldn't hesitate to ask the daycare to keep him up more. Maybe he's sleeping a lot more at daycare than they're telling you? I have heard of babies completely reverse cycling... they sleep their long stretch at daycare when they're away from you, then reserve their awake time for mama! Lucky you, middle of the night awake time!! Yay!

Oh, and your post wasn't a thread killer at all. I firmly believe that is what MDC is here for -- to support mamas who are attachment parenting/NFL, especially in hard times!

Hey -- fairly soon I'll be in your area...

#248 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Amy, any good tips on how to get your house ready to sell? I think we're gonna rip out the carpet in the dining room and replace it or put in laminate, not sure yet. But since you're in the middle of all the house stuff now, just thought you might have some pointers on what looks best. :
Congrats on the new job! But wow wind whirl! One thing we did was get out of the house about 20% of your stuff. Its now all in the Florida room in my in laws house. Since its zero outside, they are not using the room. Or get one of thos PODS and put it on your property and fill it. Then move it when you get your new place or have it sent there right away. We took out extra linens etc in the closets, off season clothes, dvds, extra dishes etc. Also took out dd1's play kitchen and a lot of toys but she still has plenty. We are making it up by going to different activities and selling her on her new big playroom. But now we need to get our home sold or the deal if off. I dont think it will be an issue though.
Its weird, we have lived her 10 years next month and Maggie wont even remember it.

Have you talked to any agents in your area? Any friends sell lately? Have their agents come over and they can also refer you to someone in your new area as well.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#249 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 02:18 PM

Riki - sleep begets sleep with babies, and it also makes them happier, so be sure your daycare sticks to his nap schedule. It will help your sanity. Babies at this age should still be taking 2 naps a day, of at least 1 hour in duration, and preferably longer, like 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The first nap should be about two hours after they wake up in the morning, and then they should have a second afternoon nap. Also, they shouldn't be forced to stay awake for several hours at a stretch. Keeping them up will backfire terribly. This is what I have learned from reading all the sleep books (Karp, Pantley, Weissbluth).

Don't be afraid to walk away for a moment if you're having an irrational thought about wanting to hurt him - it's not going to hurt him if he cries for a few minutes while you take a breather and regain your composure and patience.

Hang in there, mama!
#250 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
oooo! congratulations!!!!
Thanks a bunch AND Marlows newest pic's are just soooo adorable!! What a cutie, J.C's so lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikiamber View Post
This anti sleeping fit is driving me up the wall.
Honey, sorry you're having such a tough time. Its so hard when they don't sleep at night, especially when you've got so much on your plate already! Sleep deprivation does crazy things to our minds. I promise that this phase ends, but not knowing if you'll make it is so hard! I suggest putting baby down somewhere safe and walk away to decompress. Baby is not gonna die in just a few minutes of crying, but its best that you are able to calm down and take a minute for yourself. I know with Kya, my first, there were days that I put her down and went to the next room and screamed just to release the stress. Then I'd go back to her feeling a little less wound up. It helped and I remember it felt like there was no way I could be a good mom if this is what its like, but all that soon ended and we went on to the next phase, her getting into everything Hugs, you'll get thru it!

Quote:
Sorry, does this work? I always try something different to share the pics and nothing ever works right the first time...
OMG! Cute Cute!! He's getting to be such a big boy!

Quote:
IMO, it's much better to put the babe down for a bit in another room or in your room and walk out, if you feel like you're losing it. Even if they cry.

Oh, and your post wasn't a thread killer at all. I firmly believe that is what MDC is here for -- to support mamas who are attachment parenting/NFL, especially in hard times!...
ITA on both parts. Thats what we're all here for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
Congrats on the new job! But wow wind whirl! One thing we did was get out of the house about 20% of your stuff. Its now all in the Florida room in my in laws house. Since its zero outside, they are not using the room. Or get one of thos PODS and put it on your property and fill it. Then move it when you get your new place or have it sent there right away. We took out extra linens etc in the closets, off season clothes, dvds, extra dishes etc. Also took out dd1's play kitchen and a lot of toys but she still has plenty. We are making it up by going to different activities and selling her on her new big playroom. But now we need to get our home sold or the deal if off. I dont think it will be an issue though.
Its weird, we have lived her 10 years next month and Maggie wont even remember it.

Have you talked to any agents in your area? Any friends sell lately? Have their agents come over and they can also refer you to someone in your new area as well.
Thank you, Thank you. We actually getting a POD already. We did that when we moved here and it was soooo worth the $$. We're gonna clear out all the non essentials and pack the POD, then when its filled w/ everything, furniture included, we're gonna have them store it, and we're moving into one of inlaws houses. Its fully furnished, so all we'll need is clothes and kids toys. The rest we'll store till we sell this house and are able to buy our next. Then we'll just have them deliver the POD to our new house. I don't know what people did before the POD's. They're great!! Thanks for the suggestions about the linens and off season clothes. I hadn't even thought of that. We don't need it and its just extra stuff to try to stuff in our temporary house.

Our Real Estate agent here is an old buddy of JasN's and his brother is a real estate agent near where we're moving. So hopefully with 2 people that are emotionally vested in us, we can sell and buy fast! Hope it works out for y'all quickly.
#251 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
It seems like if there's a potentially touchy issue, it might be better to discuss it in one of the many wonderful and appropriate other forums. There are so many opportunities to really get into niche conversations with like-minded people on these boards.

It does seem like this thread has evolved a great deal from a place to talk about what babies the same age are doing.
I don't check in here often, and generally only read back a page or two, but today I read back a few pages and wanted to make a comment from what I have seen these last months.

There really is an awful lot of talk about "nothing" on this thread with the apparent intent of ratcheting up post count, for what reason I cannot fathom and occasional heated discussions of controversial topics; but more importantly, there is precious little discussion of *LIFE WITH A BABE.*

So much so, that a mama who posts while clearly in need of support/help/advice/ or a friendly ear, regards herself as a thread killer, and her post goes essentially ignored.

I think that when we were pg the DDC mostly discussed the pregnancies, but since we have migrated here to this forum, perhaps the title of the forum has been forgotten. The nice thing about having the DDC is you have a built-in group of Moms to ask questions of/commiserate with who all have babes the same age as yours.

Everyone makes an occasional mention of where they went to Church, or something their dh did, the Super Bowl, or disagrees about something, etc. But I personally don't think that should be the main thrust of this gathering.

It should be very telling that when I started the DDC, at its height there were around 140 June mamas, whereas now it has had about a NINETY percent attrition rate, with only about 10% of the June mamas even making posts.

JMHO.
#252 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 05:12 PM

Agh! no sleep here! My sweet girl is a crazy teething monster!

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#253 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikiamber View Post
OOh the babies are growing up so fast its incredable. I will have to sneak some time to play with my pics and post some, for now school and baby are keeping me on a merry go round....its 1047pm and B dosent seem to be getting sleepy. I sure hopes he dosent stay up till 2am again this time, I have a class at 8am and we need to be out of the house by 715. This anti sleeping fit is driving me up the wall. I am about 3 inches from letting him CIO in his pac'n'play in the other room, but its desturbing the roomate that would stop me....this is how desperat I am, its that or the other thoughts that I have and those arnt nice to admit. is there a support group on here for moms who have anger issues? I looked at PPD but I dont fit the profile, PP psycosis (sp?) is prolly a bit closer to how I am feeling when I get angry at him. This isnt right. Everyone (the people I call friends) keep telling me to have him CIO and everything in me says no, my pride, my stubborness, half my heart...the other half thinks they might be right. I want to call the local hot line but I am afraid that they will tell me the same thing. What are my alternitives? I have tried keeping him awake but tonight he took an hour nap at day care and thats what does it. THat last little nap of the day, I feel terrible asking the day care to keep him up cause he will just scream the whole time...ooh and the deamon he becomes in his carseat is making it so that I dont want to drive anywhere with him. I would rather walk in the -40 weather!

Sorry to vent, it helps but I know its a thread killer. You mommas are all I can turn to when I feel this way cause my mainstream friends make me want to scream...we all just need to agree to disagree on parenting styles then when the kids are teens and adults we will see who was the wiser.
Silly Riki! You are posting about your babe! Why would that kill the thread... Anywho, I know there are some mamas who are doing the No cry it out sleep solution thing but can't remember off the top of my head who it is... Maybe they have some info in the Gentle discipline section or something???? I think there is a book. Maybe Kerri if she comes around today may have some info... J takes an afternoon (5:30-6 pm) nap every day and there is no way I am taking that away from him. When he is tired, he has an even harder time falling asleep. Maybe having an established routine might help get him in the mood. Some calming music, bath and that sort of thing? If you are lacking sleep, that might be a reason for the anger you are having but I am so not an expert. I still think you may just be in need of a break to recuperate. Hang in there mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
Agh! no sleep here! My sweet girl is a crazy teething monster!
Teething bites!! Hope you get some sleep soon

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#254 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 07:52 PM

Wanted to say thanks to the people who wished me happy birthday! Cranky baby, must go.
#255 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, ladies. Stepping in here.

There seem to be a lot of hurt feelings and a multitude of opinions as to what does and does not belong here and what can or cannot be posted here. I discussed it with some other mods and admins, and we agreed that, for the sake of keeping the peace and staying within the User Agreement, there should be a moratorium on non-LWAB-related discussion for the rest of the month.

Please take your non-LWAB-related discussion here. Please keep in mind that you may not discuss this thread in a negative way or other members' behavior, on that thread.

If you have any questions or concerns about this, please PM me and do not discuss it on the thread.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#256 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Wanted to say thanks to the people who wished me happy birthday! Cranky baby, must go.

Hope your crank pot feels better soon.

#257 of 608 Old 02-07-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:

Congrats Kelly by the way!!

And Kessa, glad you got some time with hubby :
SOOO Cute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL View Post
Riki - sleep begets sleep with babies, and it also makes them happier, so be sure your daycare sticks to his nap schedule. It will help your sanity. Babies at this age should still be taking 2 naps a day, of at least 1 hour in duration, and preferably longer, like 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The first nap should be about two hours after they wake up in the morning, and then they should have a second afternoon nap. Also, they shouldn't be forced to stay awake for several hours at a stretch. Keeping them up will backfire terribly. This is what I have learned from reading all the sleep books (Karp, Pantley, Weissbluth).

Don't be afraid to walk away for a moment if you're having an irrational thought about wanting to hurt him - it's not going to hurt him if he cries for a few minutes while you take a breather and regain your composure and patience.

Hang in there, mama!
:

#258 of 608 Old 02-08-2007, 12:33 AM

:

#259 of 608 Old 02-08-2007, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
:

and you've posted 54 times since then?? holy crap!!!! LOL

i'm far away from 1000! hehee
#260 of 608 Old 02-08-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamilkbar View Post
and you've posted 54 times since then?? holy crap!!!! LOL

i'm far away from 1000! hehee
Saddly yes! And this is for you Hpoe you have a great day!

#261 of 608 Old 02-08-2007, 06:47 PM

Samantha and Hunter (he's only 6 months old!!)

Hunter thinks Samantha is delicious.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#262 of 608 Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 PM

Cah-YOOT!

#263 of 608 Old 02-08-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Oh my gosh. She is so big! I keep picturing the pic with your finger against her back Love her hair and rosy cheeks!!

And Maggie is going to be 1 in like a week! Oh my.... :

#264 of 608 Old 02-08-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Adorable!! Those eyes, oh my! : And J.C has that same stuffed multi colored hedgehog

I can't believe The Magster is gonna be 1 yrs old already!!! This has been a crazy fast year!
#265 of 608 Old 02-08-2007, 08:55 PM

Newest pic of J.C. He actually got a haircut a few days after this, his third one!

Cutie Patootie

There are more on the camera and I have to upload it tonight. So I'll post more later

Hope everyone's having a great day!
#266 of 608 Old 02-08-2007, 09:04 PM

Cute babies. :
#267 of 608 Old 02-08-2007, 11:03 PM

I'll play!

Here's Gabriel.
#268 of 608 Old 02-08-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Cah-YOOT!
Thanks!

Quote:
Oh my gosh. She is so big! I keep picturing the pic with your finger against her back Love her hair and rosy cheeks!!

And Maggie is going to be 1 in like a week! Oh my.... :
As of yesterday, she's 19lb1oz!! She's got these deliciously chunky thighs...see?

Quote:
Adorable!! Those eyes, oh my! : And J.C has that same stuffed multi colored hedgehog

I can't believe The Magster is gonna be 1 yrs old already!!! This has been a crazy fast year!
Sam loves that hedgehog. Even without its nose. She and Kahlua decided to play tug-of-war with it, and the nose was a casualty. She seems un-phased.

Quote:
Newest pic of J.C. He actually got a haircut a few days after this, his third one!

Cutie Patootie

There are more on the camera and I have to upload it tonight. So I'll post more later

Hope everyone's having a great day!
I love those big brown eyes! How do you not melt every time you look at him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL View Post
I'll play!

Here's Gabriel.
Such pretty blue eyes!

We have the same infant bather...we love that thing. I use it as a cushion behind my back on the rare occasion I get to take a bath.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#269 of 608 Old 02-09-2007, 12:24 AM

Gabriel is gorgeous! And Sarah, I LOVE LOVE chunky thighs.

#270 of 608 Old 02-09-2007, 01:23 AM

So I think Maggie is weaning Did the dark place and have for a while since its the only way she will nurse. Even on the times when she will nurse she wont nurse. I feel my bras getting too big and I know in my heart she is not nursing but I dont want it to be true. My dh says- look how far you got with a micro preemie!! Most full term babies dont get nursed for a year! True but most dont have a lactovist as their mama!!!:

Oh well, OTH for those of you using Fuzzi bunz or the liking, what size is your babe in?? I use larges at night doubled up and meds during the day. Maggie is now on the farthest leg one and middle upper snaps. On larges which are too big of course without doubles are on full way. I am hoping to get more use out of these mediums since I have heard you use this size the longest. They have already paid for themselves and then some. Plus I would sell them down the line anyhow. Now if she just enjoyed diaper changes as much as she used to.....:

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page