July 2006 mamas, Let's chat February away! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to add this *Gem* from this morning...

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...abypanda-2.jpg
#302 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 08:19 PM

She's a cutie but not with the snots. lol She looks like a very happy baby.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#303 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
: : :

Every playgroup's nightmare! Green snot!
#304 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 09:12 PM

eeeeeewwwww we have SO been there!
better out than in, though!
#305 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 09:58 PM
~pi

Love it, kimya.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#306 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 10:17 PM

Nice!

Speaking of which, we had a birthday party for my 3 year-old this weekend. I lost count of the number of times I heard the word booger or the times someone needed assistance blowing boogers, putting boogers in a tissue instead of on our walls, or removing boogers previously wiped on friends. All in all a fun time.
#307 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 10:22 PM

Mattie stood today. She was holding the little table and let go and just stood there looking at me. Dh grabbed her pretty quickly but she was not going down. Will post more later. My dh is requesting my presence.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#308 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 10:31 PM

Hey ladies. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, thing have been 100% insane here. Because...Oh. My. God. I'm. Pregnant. Again.

This is crazy. I don't have the energy. We're going to need a bigger car, because we're at capacity right now. Heck, we're going to need a bigger house! And...and...school, and...paying on loans, and....oh dear.

Anna , partner to Chad geek.gif , mommy to Aidan (10/12/04) and Nate (07/18/06) fencing.gif , and Violet fairy.gif(10/23/07) .

#309 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidansMommy1012 View Post
Hey ladies. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, thing have been 100% insane here. Because...Oh. My. God. I'm. Pregnant. Again.

This is crazy. I don't have the energy. We're going to need a bigger car, because we're at capacity right now. Heck, we're going to need a bigger house! And...and...school, and...paying on loans, and....oh dear.

wow congratulations AidansMommy!!! What a shock to the system!!!

everyone, back again, we were away for another week up to Lake Taupo. Had a great time, and ok allow me my moment............... it's hot here and I am LOVING summer!! (ok well you lot can boast when it's your turn) We had long hot days on the beach and barbeques!!!:
#310 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 10:58 PM

Anna~ It will be ok. Give yourself time to adjust to the news. Congrats!

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#311 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 10:59 PM

witt~ I don't like really hot but i don't like really cold. It's going to be really cold tomorrow morning here. brrrrrr

#312 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:

Congratulations AidansMommy! That really is a shock! But a good surprise, right? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post

everyone, back again, we were away for another week up to Lake Taupo. Had a great time, and ok allow me my moment............... it's hot here and I am LOVING summer!! (ok well you lot can boast when it's your turn) We had long hot days on the beach and barbeques!!!:
I am so jealous! We have sub zero wind chills and over a foot of snow here! Logan HATES his snowsuit, so that's a lot of fun! :
#313 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Because...Oh. My. God. I'm. Pregnant. Again.
:

Whew! Ok, take a deep breath. A lot of them. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. I had the shock of my life this pregnancy, and it was hard to accept, but eventually I did. At some point the freaked out feelings returned, but went away again. So many 's to you!

Enjoy your summer, Claire! I'm looking forward to that myself!
#314 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 12:21 AM
~pi

Quote:

Congratulations! And

Quote:
back again, we were away for another week up to Lake Taupo. Had a great time, and ok allow me my moment............... it's hot here and I am LOVING summer!! (ok well you lot can boast when it's your turn) We had long hot days on the beach and barbeques!!!:
So glad you're having a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermommy View Post
Logan HATES his snowsuit
We have the same issue here. Ugh.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#315 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 03:38 AM

hi everyone

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#316 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post

Speaking of which, we had a birthday party for my 3 year-old this weekend. I
Mine turns three today - we had his party yesterday - I somehow didn't realize we had toddlers the same age. Fortunately, not too much snot at our party, but we did have a lot of kicking As in "THANKS for coming to my party.... KICK!" wth is that about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post
bwahahahaha!!!! priceless.

Quote:
hey, congrats! Are you are first july mama to get pregnant again?
#317 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting. Overwhelming, I'm sure - but wow!!! When did you find out? (I was going to ask how it happened, but then decided that was a silly question.) When are you "due"?

Quote:
Had a great time, and ok allow me my moment............... it's hot here and I am LOVING summer!! (ok well you lot can boast when it's your turn) We had long hot days on the beach and barbeques!!!:
Yay for summer! Actually I like reading about your summer because it reminds me that it can't be winter here forever. Someday all this snow WILL go away. I love winter, and I love snow, but it's enough now, thank you.
#318 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 10:14 AM

wow anna, congrats!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#319 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Nice!

Speaking of which, we had a birthday party for my 3 year-old this weekend. I lost count of the number of times I heard the word booger or the times someone needed assistance blowing boogers, putting boogers in a tissue instead of on our walls, or removing boogers previously wiped on friends. All in all a fun time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
Mine turns three today - we had his party yesterday - I somehow didn't realize we had toddlers the same age. Fortunately, not too much snot at our party, but we did have a lot of kicking As in "THANKS for coming to my party.... KICK!" wth is that about?
Is that what i'm looking for when i do dd2's b-day party in march?? She's also going to be 3yrs old. Doesn't time pass so fast. I remember nursing her and also having a hard time giving solids just like with dd3.(they both eat for my mom just not me) lol Now, she's pt'ed and talks alot and is miss independant.

#320 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 11:46 AM

ok now maybe today I can finish my post! first of all personals!

witt-hey i like hearing about your summer! I have lots of friends thataway (NZ and austrailia) and its nice knowing that its only a matter of time before all this cold weather heads YOUR way!

Anna-congratulations! i'm at the point where i'm *kinda* hoping for an accident haha. dh is in charge of that so whenever he decides we're ready for another that's when we'll most likely start ttc (I chart and let him know before hand if I am or may be fertile, then he wears a condom or not depending)

Amy-wow...thats nice of your ds everyone wants a welcome kick & I do think anna's the first of us to get pregnant again!

Jessica-we're right there with you! actually Mattie might be teaching Jake this...hmmm J/k at any rate Jacob is pulling up on stuff and doing the yoga position downward dog trying to stand by himself.

alright ladies...dh and I are doing well BUT there is one big issue that has ALWAYS been an issue for us and its recently cropped up again...dh is a groper. yes its true. he's CONSTANTLY grabbing at me and after a while it makes my skin crawl. I'm glad he finds me desirable and likes my post baby x2 body but...I really REALLY wish he'd stop *touching* me so much. not that I don't like a little gropage now and then I just...have a thing about people touching me a lot. *sigh* we're currently discussing it. unfortunately as he was with my sister before we got together (we were both molested same time by the same person) and she loved it, it is hard to explain to him that I was affected in a different way than she was. (she thinks that the only way guys will like her is if she sleeps with them and I'm afraid that they won't like me if I do) I've managed to be a bit looser RE: our sex life although I haven't been able to enjoy oral yet, I can now give and enjoy.

last night Jacob woke up right in the middle. and then we both fell asleep while I was nursing him (luckily Jacob did too)

alright well I better get going! I miss chatting you girlies up

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#321 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:

Tonight we are going to hear Maya Angelou speak.
WOWEEEE Kimya!!! How was it? I have a quote of MA on my mirror (on a card) that says:
Surviving is important, but thriving is elegant.
My motto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Mattie stood today.
Cool! Woweeee! She's our developmental rock star.

Quote:
...Oh. My. God. I'm. Pregnant. Again.

Congratulations!!!! (speaking of...I always wondered why people congratulated me when I got pregnant with #1...not like it was DIFFICULT or an achievement in our case...)
This is great. It's a girl, I'm sure of it. Now. There is a saying in Mexico that, loosely translated, says: "Babies are born with a sandwich under their arm." The first time I heard it I scowled at "dh", because he is an artist who makes no money. The point of the saying is that somehow babies manifest enough for themselves in their families, and everything's gonna be alright. And, it's true. Let go and enjoy, inasmuch as that is possible and I think you ARE the first julymama to get subsequently pregnant!
#322 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
so, aside from the midnight booby calls (get it, booty calls, booby calls......a ha ha ha!! I crack myself up), from our kiddo's, how is co-sleeping working/work/notworking ect for everyone else? We are having some of the normal; my child is my barnacle type of issues, and I was just curious how everyone else was doing on that front.
Oh co-sleeping...I love it...I don't love it. It just depends on the night I think With E and S we had the crib up on the side, as a side car, and that was SO nice. I can't do that with A because our room is too small for the sidecar . It would be really nice to have, esp when S comes in to sleep with us. A will start sleeping on her own in our bed, but then when she wakes up to nurse, she wants to be right by me the rest of the night. I like the barnacle refernece...that's what it feels like for sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
Lately he magicly wakes up at 5:30 no matter when we put him down. He crawls all over us and laughs and plays. That is wearing on us!
S did that and it drove me insane!!! I had to cut out one of his naps and then he started sleeping longer in the morning. to you, btdt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
t's funny how one such little person can take up SO much room. I wouldn't trade it for the world mind you, but WOWZERS!!
isn't that the truth??

Quote:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...abypanda-2.jpg
Oh my gosh, that is hilarious Kimya!!! She is just so cute!

Quote:
Nice!

BOOGER!

Quote:

Wow, I would be shocked too. Huge to you. I agree with Elsanne, things will work out. Give yourself some time to adjust and be gentle with yourself Mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Yay for summer! Actually I like reading about your summer because it reminds me that it can't be winter here forever. Someday all this snow WILL go away. I love winter, and I love snow, but it's enough now, thank you.

Ok, so my birthday was last weekend, but dh threw me a party this last Saturday. Oh.my.gosh. He did the BIGGEST surprise for me!!! I have pictures of it on my blog
. Seriously, I am the luckiest woman ever!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#323 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Yeah, mattie has done downward dog on quite a few occasions. Yesterday afternoon, she was squatting in the playpen, playing with a toy. I'm so not ready for this. My sister thinks she will sart walking when we're there. Emma started officially walking in Cali.

Elsanne, I love that quote. It's a good way to describe my parenting. People question me all the time and say, "Well, that's what our parents did and we survived" I always tell them I'd like my children to have more to say about me and their childhood than that they "survived".

congrats, Anna on the new babe. When's this babe coming? I was just wondering the oher day which of us would be first. I saw a tniy babe at the grocery store yesterday and I want one. But I dn't think I'm ready for a new one. Thank goodness my body is in agreement so far. I kinda feel robbed. My babes were born with their heads popped up. Starting scooting at about 3 months, crawling at 6 months and walking at 9 months. Where's my blobby baby?

Matiie's favorite thing to do is to bounce her mouth on things and go wa-wa-wa (like an indian call). I have woken up with her doing it to my belly. She uses my arm, shoulder, you know whatever. Today she finished nursing and discovered that she could wa-wa-wa my boobie. Gotta g, toddler crying.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#324 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 01:15 PM

Kim, your dh is awesome. I'm so jealous. Not of the yarn, per se, since I'm not a knitter, but of the thought and planning. Oh, how lucky you are. I turn 30 this year too. Maybe your dh could call my dh. My b-day will be sucky, but I guess not as bad as 29. Anyhow, happy b-day. Sorry you ds ate your last piece of cake.That's a bummer.

#325 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
Actually we didn't have any kicking (except of the cats ) but we had some major rowdiness which included unplugging the lamp on my daughter's nightstand, unscrewing the lightbulb , and *swinging the lamp around by the cord* It was the punk from next door, though both he and his 7 year-old sister, who IMO was old enough to know better, insisted he didn't despite having been witnessed doing it by two adults :

Quote:

Congratulations! What a surprise! You've got some time to get your ducks in a row yet, so try to relax - it's not goood for you to worry!
#326 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 02:51 PM

excellent gift, kim!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#327 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 03:07 PM

Kim, that is so fantastic and creative!!! My dh's level of creativity is asking me what I want.
#328 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Kim, your dh is awesome. I'm so jealous. Not of the yarn, per se, since I'm not a knitter, but of the thought and planning. Oh, how lucky you are. I turn 30 this year too. Maybe your dh could call my dh. My b-day will be sucky, but I guess not as bad as 29. Anyhow, happy b-day. Sorry you ds ate your last piece of cake.That's a bummer.
Tell him you want a big party! I wasn't really thinking he'd do anything either, but totally surprised me! You never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
Kim, that is so fantastic and creative!!! My dh's level of creativity is asking me what I want.
Normally that is how my dh is too! He's done something creative for 2 of my birthday's now. My 25th and 30th. He said that he is good when it comes to being creative with numbers. Heck, I say if it gets me a great surprise like this one, it's okay!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#329 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 09:33 PM

Hello to all. Sorry I have been MIA. Don't really have a good excuse either

Andrew is doing well. He has started to figure out what damage he can do with the two little teeth he has. They are sharp! Ouch!! I have tried pulling him closer to me as well as saying ouch loudly, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? I really need to figure out something because I am starting to cringe everytime he latches on

Aidansmommy: I was just wondering today if anyone in our due date club was pregnant yet! I understand the worry part of it, but also agree that all will be well with time. I'm jealous that you were able to get pg as quickly as you did. DH and I will probably have to go the infertility route again and it makes me envious of anyone who doesn't have to! Of course........it would help if we "did the deed," but we don't seem to do that anymore eitherToooooooooooooo tired

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#330 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 10:33 PM

Kim--just checked out your blog. What a creative, thoughtful gift! Mega, mega points to dh. How fun...you look so happy!

Gumby--I don't know what to tell you about Andrew except OUCH!! I think the most natural consequence is the best--mama saying ouch and pulling away!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page