Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anna, i agree-girl!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
Old 02-22-2007, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was watching my daughter today as she was trying to get something on the floor. She eventually got it after much squirming and stretching. The expression on her face a mixture of determination, excitement and bug-eyed wonder at her new find. This has got to be the single best thing about my baby right now. The bug-eyed wonder. It's hilarious and beautiful at the same time.

What is your favorite thing about your half-year old?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:08 PM

hmmm one thing...it'd have to be the laughter when i put him on the bed adn then lie down next to him-he knows what's coming his way and just beams and laughs out loud at the prospect of imminent boob, and rolls my way. it's adorable!

also, his smell.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 PM

Favorite thing: He's a mama's boy! I mean, completely devoted. It may sound selfish, but I LOVE it!! When he's sitting with dh or playing on the floor and I walk over to him, he lights up, reaches for me and says "MAMA! MAMA!" It's so precious. He's my little buddy.

The "bug eyed wonder" is great too!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
I'm trying to convince my dh that I need an erggo. Especially since I'll be travelling alone with both girls next month.
Hey, ~pi, if something is $92 and I can get it for $65, what p ercentage off is
i couldn't be without my ergo
Old 02-22-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
What is your favorite thing about your half-year old?
oh my gosh everything i LOVE babies i want one more...............
Old 02-23-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermommy View Post
Favorite thing: He's a mama's boy! I mean, completely devoted. It may sound selfish, but I LOVE it!! When he's sitting with dh or playing on the floor and I walk over to him, he lights up, reaches for me and says "MAMA! MAMA!" It's so precious. He's my little buddy.

The "bug eyed wonder" is great too!
Yup I've got a mama's girl here. It's so refreshing since DD1 is totally daddy's girl... I am selfishly hoping it continues :

Kim, congrats!!!!!!!!! :
Old 02-23-2007, 03:07 AM

I love the excite ment when she sees me. Nobody has ever been that excited upon me entering the room. She is definitely good for my self-esteem.
Pi~I have a mei tai and dd2 hates it with a passion. I try every few days and you'd think I was pinching her, she cries so hard. She'll do the wrap, but I don't really wanna be messing with a wrap on a trip. I'm pretty good at getting them on my back solo, so I'm thinking the ergo shouldn't be too much trouble. My mom is going to help me the ergo diaper backpack from an MDC mama, so I also like that the bag clips to the carrier. I'd also like to get one of those front pouches, but now I'm just getting carried away. I'm hoping my dh will let me get a used ergo with some tax money if there's any left, but he has too many things to worry about for me to bring it up again now. I hope I can convince him. I keep thinking when I'm cooking and the babe is crying to get out of whatever is holding her at that moment that I wish I had an ergo. I refuse to hold her while cooking though. I got burned on my belly once when I was cooking something. Not taking that chance with my babe.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post
oh my gosh everything i LOVE babies i want one more...............
Have at it, witt!! I am so done, I wish AF would return so I could be rid of this daily fear of pregnancy.

Favorite things - I, too, love the bug-eyed wonder. And the love-eyes. But my favorite thing EVER is that this baby gives hugs. Honest to goodness grab you around the neck and squeeze hugs.

Today marks the end of the week, which was officially 11 days long and ridiculously busy and difficult. After I take the girls to school, I am going to sit down with a big cup of coffee and do... nothing. Well, laundry, but you can do a lot of nothing while you're doing laundry. And we've hit the point where I have to search for socks and undies for the girls in the morning, and that's such a hassle.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:23 PM

i'm w/ you juicy!

Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 PM

Last night, dd3 was in my mom's arm, dd3 twisted so that she was bend over and trying to grab me. It was so funny as she had this BIG grin. She grab my hair and i turn around and she just started to flap her arms. lol Too funny. I think she's also a mommy's girl but all of my girls were until their sibbling came. DD2 is still a mommy's girl but she tries hard to be an equal. When we ask her if she is mommy's girl she responds with "no, I'm mommy, daddy,(and whoever else is in the room)'s girl. I think she will go in politics.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 PM

Is this normal?

DD, for the last couple of days on a few occasions, at either nap time or bedtime, will just SCREAM for like two straight hours, and not fall asleep. She is obviously very tired, and will nurse non stop, and just SCREAM and cry and flip out. She was actually chocking on her own spit and snot last night. My husband and I both try to make her feel better and console her, and get her to sleep, but nothing seems to work. The only thing that DOES work, is taking her in the car, which we never had to do, nor did it ever work even when we tried, when she was little. I can't figure it out. Did anyone else ever have this?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:47 PM

I want an ergo too.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 02-23-2007, 12:48 PM

Is she teething, sabbath?? Have you tried giving her teething tablets or rubing her gums with tetthing stuff or even just camomille EO in veg oil.

Are you waiting too long to help her fall asleep?? overtired maybe?

Old 02-23-2007, 12:49 PM

nope no teething. And this would be extreme teething behavior for her. I guess that doesn't mean that it isn't teething, but normally she dives after my finger so that I will rub her gums, and she was completely uninterested in it during these episodes.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:52 PM

Have you change something in your eating habits? did you eat something that you don't eat often?? did she had cramps?

Old 02-23-2007, 12:53 PM

I'm just trying to to see what else could do that. Sorry if i'm no help.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:54 PM

no.....I am thinking here.....I did do something really stupid the other day and had a milkshake (I am fairly lactose intolerant) but oddly enough that was in the car ride to put her to sleep following the first time she did this.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:54 PM

this is helpful. I am trying to see what it could be.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:00 PM

Just a fyi, it could take about 30min to 24hrs for a food to show in bm. Maybe it's the milk shake. Do you know what you ate 24hrs or so before her first crying spell??

Old 02-23-2007, 01:02 PM

no.

but I know it wasn't anything like the milkshake.

A milk shake right now sounds really good. But i wouldn't be able to drink it as my babies seems to be lactose intolerant too.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:03 PM

no ice cream. for me, and what's always bugged her too is milkshakes and ice cream. Cheese and milk seem to be just fine.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:04 PM

I have had a few more mixed coffee drinks than usual lately....but they have all been decaf, except for one or two, and they were all mocha's which I guess still have the chocolate and the milk in them.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:04 PM

How about food that can cause gassyness in a baby; brocoli, chocolate, milk, peanuts/treenuts, cauliflower, beans(if you don't eat it usually) etc... gassy foods for adults can be more painful for babies.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:06 PM

Has she pooped lately?? that can bug her too.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:06 PM

I eat a lot of those, but they aren't normally something that bothers her. And she isn't have an abnormal (she is a gassy baby, but it always makes her giggle) amount of gas.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:07 PM

hmmm, had a bm the other day, hasn't had one this morning yet, but she probably will. She normally poops once a day, and has been pretty regular with that too.

User Tag List