July 2006 mamas, Let's chat February away! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
g'morning.

i'm tired.

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#122 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

ETA: Cori, wikipedia says it was discontinued in 2003 because it wasn't popular in France. Looks like you'll have to take that last shot someday.
NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the best ever. : : : :
#123 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 02:34 PM

WE'VE GOT CRAWLING!!!!!!!

We got to the library where I put Rachel down on the ground. She promptly started crawling forward as though she had been doing it all along! Another woman with a baby came over and said "wow, how old is she? crawling already!?!" I had to explain that she had JUST THAT VERY MOMENT started
#124 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 02:45 PM

Kim, are you around? How did the interviews go?
#125 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 02:59 PM

WOW Quaggy, Sarenka and anyone else with crawlers!! :

I don't think we are too far behind. Is this how it started for you - when in sitting position, he is constantly lunging forward and ends up on all fours (sometimes faceplanting). Then he doesn't know what to do and whines/collapses/starts rolling/mashes face into carpet and somehow pushes along.

Twice now he has woken up from his nap and I've gone in to find him sitting up somehow!!

This is happening too fast...ds1 didn't crawl until 10 months...I'm not ready yet!!!
#126 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 03:33 PM

Congrats on the crawlers, I can't wait for that, hopefully DD gets a little more independent then, she'ss been pretty Mommy attached lately, so we've been gentally trying to work on that.

I just learnt today what our temp is in F. It's -41 here and thats normal for about 2 whole months. We're talking the dogs for a walk and putting DD in the sled for our trip to the park, before DH goes back to work.
#127 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 05:32 PM

WELL DONE RACHEL!!!

Cori- sounds like your days are numbered. Daisy didn't excatly start like that as she still doesn't sit! She just did it from lying on her tummy...I know the feeling of walking in when I thought she was napping only to find... in my case she was on the other side of the room studying the maps in the map drawer.

Chrissy - I think this is the age of seperation anxiety - certainly noticed it with mine this week. I don't think there's much that can be done - it should last a month or two and then fade out (to be replaced by another difficulty )
#128 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 07:55 PM

It's actually been happening a couple of months now. And I hate to say it but DH is a little(just a little really) lazy about spending down time with her, even if she is happy with him. I'm also the one who feeds her most of the time, and puts her down everytime she goes to sleep, not to mention gets her at night when she crys and pick her up when she wakes from naps. It's DH we have to work on.
#129 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 10:55 PM

oh my gosh malibu mmmm i used to have it with milk over ice!!!
#130 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 11:06 PM

never mind
#131 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post
WOW Quaggy, Sarenka and anyone else with crawlers!! :

I don't think we are too far behind. Is this how it started for you - when in sitting position, he is constantly lunging forward and ends up on all fours (sometimes faceplanting). Then he doesn't know what to do and whines/collapses/starts rolling/mashes face into carpet and somehow pushes along.

Twice now he has woken up from his nap and I've gone in to find him sitting up somehow!!

This is happening too fast...ds1 didn't crawl until 10 months...I'm not ready yet!!!

Yes, the lunging, faceplanting and whining all sound very familiar Rachel was up on straight arms first (thighs still on the ground). Then she was on her feet and hands like a tent. Next it was knees and hands, then came the furious rocking. Finally it was the opposite of the army crawl - knees forward, upper body bellyflops forward Now it's actual hands and knees crawling, though there's still a lot of whining.

She can't get from crawling to sitting yet though! Go Nathan!

We have a fever here today. And big time sniffles and runny eyes and coughing. She went to the chiro and had a great adjustment, then passed out for the 10 minutes it took us to get to the grocery store. Sigh. When we got home she was sleeping again in a heavy coat with a blanket, so I left her in the garage for a few minutes while I threw dinner together. Poor, poor peanut. She is ever so cranky. It seems like maybe an ear infection... eye backup and lots of whining usually meant just that with DD1. I'm wondering if I should go to work tomorrow. DH will be home, but I might be a better choice. I'm supposed to be home Friday though, so taking three days off in a row will be tough.

Decisions decisions.
#132 of 483 Old 02-07-2007, 11:29 PM

Awww, your poor dd - hope she feels better tomorrow so you don't have to decide - I hate when that happens!! Put some breastmilk in her ears!

Nathan has only sat up twice, nothing in the past few days - I think it was a fluke. Thanks for the progression - he definitely is up with straight arms right now - he doesn't move his legs unless his face is mashed into the carpet.
#133 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 01:27 AM

Hey guys!! just checking in lol I cant believe it about the cruising! that is awesome.

I have a crawler here too. Into everything!!

Oh and his favorite thing is also to spit food all over me. LOL

I am trying to keep up withall that chaos here. I go to the Bone and Joint doctor on monday to see about my wrist and what the long term plans are so that should be fun

On a great note i got a phil and teds E3 yesterday and I am in love. i wish i would ahve gotten one a long long time ago. I am workign on taking pics of our CD stash too which has made me realize i do not need to buy another diaper - like ever ever ver! lol Doubt that will happen though lol. I will put the pics in my siggy when i get them done. Anyways hope all is well with all our july babies! hugs
#134 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 03:43 AM
~pi

everyone!

on the crawlers and to those with sick dc.

DS is showing no signs of movement, though he rocks back and forth like crazy while sitting. I'm predicting bum-scooting eventually.

Like Juice, I am wondering what's up with Kim!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#135 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
My mom sent me a bottle of coconut rum from the bahamas. Came today. Not the sort of thing you should really tempt a homebound mama of three with, you know? So what does one do with coconut rum? I've never tried it.
one shot of coconut rum, one shot of any other rum you have (pineapple, mango, banana, etc), and orange or pineapple juice. YUM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
I had to explain that she had JUST THAT VERY MOMENT started
that is too funny.

Quote:
Is this how it started for you - when in sitting position, he is constantly lunging forward and ends up on all fours (sometimes faceplanting). Then he doesn't know what to do and whines/collapses/starts rolling/mashes face into carpet and somehow pushes along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
:
DS is showing no signs of movement, though he rocks back and forth like crazy while sitting.
yup, definitely got the faceplanting happening here, usually because he startes rocking and gets too much momentum, or else he's reaching for something just out of his range.

DS ate corn from my bowl of chili last night...it was the biggest hit yet. I can now tell you exactly how many bites made it into his stomach...more than the typical two he's taken of everything else, I'll say that much! He's also been very interested in drinking from my water bottles and the sink faucet lately, it's pretty funny. I suppose this means I should locate a sippy cup at some point...

AND! he took a 50 minute nap in his own crib today, and then slept another half hour in my bed after burping and nursing a bit! there's a first for everything, lol.
#136 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtophr View Post

On a great note i got a phil and teds E3 yesterday
?? What is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlywaaz View Post
DS ate corn from my bowl of chili last night...it was the biggest hit yet. I can now tell you exactly how many bites made it into his stomach...more than the typical two he's taken of everything else, I'll say that much! He's also been very interested in drinking from my water bottles and the sink faucet lately, it's pretty funny. I suppose this means I should locate a sippy cup at some point...

AND! he took a 50 minute nap in his own crib today, and then slept another half hour in my bed after burping and nursing a bit! there's a first for everything, lol.
Congrats on the nap! My ds is drinking water out of my cup now too. he cries if I won't let him, LOL. I was thinking it might be time for a sippy as well.
#137 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 02:16 PM

g'morning!

well I thought I could just pick up where I left off re: my marriage. its harder than I thought though. I can't just erase the past year from my mind. it colors how I feel about certain things and how I react to dh.

It has only been a bit over a month though so maybe I just need more time. in the 19m I have been married I've been single for most of it!

#138 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 02:18 PM

Jami - what? You and dh are back together???? When did I miss that info?
#139 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 02:28 PM

yeah i sent an email to the yahoo grp. we got together jan 1

#140 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 02:34 PM

I don't see it....
#141 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 02:37 PM

it was last month like jan 3 or 4

#142 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 03:06 PM

The group is basically dead - there are no posts from you except the one you just sent about breastfeeding. Probably a yahoo glitch.

I just noticed your siggy says you will be trying for #3???!!??
#143 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
?? What is that?

it is a stroller. www.philandteds.com we got the E3 with teh doubles seat it is awesome!!
#144 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 03:07 PM

yeah next june

or maybe the june after that

#145 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
it is a stroller. www.philandteds.com we got the E3 with teh doubles seat it is awesome!!
When I get something wrong I get it really wrong. My brain thought "Phil and Ted, E3.... excellent adventure 3? Is there a third movie?" Nevermind that it would be Bill and Ted, but I was really perplexed that anyone could be that excited about the movie...

I think perhaps I need more sleep.

Jami, this is the first we've heard about you guys getting back together - are you going to fill us in?
#146 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Jami, this is the first we've heard about you guys getting back together - are you going to fill us in?
ok...it started in october actually (I know...OCTOBER???)

but I was apartment hunting and he'd call every day and ask how we were and if we'd be available he could come see the boys and he'd come over at like 3pm and stay until 10pm...at first I was annoyed. kind of like "yeah he's got nothing better to do so he's come to play daddy and then he won't come over for two weeks" and I REALLY did not want to deal with calebs fits and tantrums...he was taking it out on Jacob too which was not cool. but R came over pretty often at least 4-5x a week and the days he DIDN'T it was because I told him not to or we'd be busy etc.

then we moved. he was here constantly. the ONLY time he left was when I forcibly kicked him out and told him I wanted him to leave. he was constantly "hey you need me to come clean or help with Jacob or anything?" of course now he doesn't do much cleaning but its ok cuz i dont either we're struggling like I said lol. at any rate he was here. all. the. time.

good father...better than ever in fact I remember always thinking maybe it was me the reason why he wasn't before and why couldn't he have been like that when we were together. I was struggling over wanting him back but wanting him to just leave cuz it hurt having him here and feeling like we were a family when we weren't.

and then new years eve we both got drunk and lots of stuff came out and we decided to give it another go.

...but I can't forget. there'll be times when he'll be complaining b/cuz Caleb isn't listening to him and I have to struggle to keep quiet when I want to scream "well you werent there for an entire year its not like eh's used to you or anything!"

but its not all the time just sometimes.

#147 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Nevermind that it would be Bill and Ted, but I was really perplexed that anyone could be that excited about the movie...
Bill and Ted was the first thing in my mind, too. Excellent!!!!

Jami, thank you for sharing! I didn't see a message from you on the YG either. But then yahoo has been bouncing up and down lately it seems. I'm glad you are able to find a way to move forward together.
#148 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
...but I can't forget. there'll be times when he'll be complaining b/cuz Caleb isn't listening to him and I have to struggle to keep quiet when I want to scream "well you werent there for an entire year its not like eh's used to you or anything!"

but its not all the time just sometimes.
I think it's great you gave it another go. He deserves a chance to try to be a good father, if he shows inclination. And it sounds like you really do care for him.
The resentment stuff--I hear you there. Don't let it eat you up--either share it in a calm, collected way at the right time (obviously not when you WANT to, lol) or work hard inside to let it go and be here now.
#149 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
Bill and Ted was the first thing in my mind, too. Excellent!!!!

Jami, thank you for sharing! I didn't see a message from you on the YG either. But then yahoo has been bouncing up and down lately it seems. I'm glad you are able to find a way to move forward together.
i could have just forgotten to add u guys

#150 of 483 Old 02-08-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Can I just say New Zealand Product!!!!!!!!!!! and the Mokopuna brand is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok will get off my-proud-to-be-a-kiwi (kiwi = slang word for New Zealander) soapbox now:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page