Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sarah!
#242 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 01:52 AM

Oh, shoot! I passed 2000 posts without noting it in any way! GAh! Where's my party? Can I go into the 2000+ post-rooms now? The special specials?
#243 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 02:07 AM

happy 2000 posts party!!

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#244 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
oh man am I kicking myself for saying "atleast I don't have AF"....guess who showed up tonight?! argh! no wonder my DD is a fussbucket. We also found out that our tax return check from H&R block did not go through (bank error basicly, but its being sent back to us) so...my rent check this month has bounced AND we may not being going on our planned trip to disneyland next weekend if we don't get the money back in time. Today has sucked. all around. I also burned lunch, but atleast it turned out semi-ok.
thanks for providing me with a place to vent! I promise next time I post I'll say happy things. and if we go to disneyland I'll have tons of cute pictures to share....
actually. I do have cute pics to share to make up for my pity party! We got August's 6 month photos done at Sears, heres a few of my favorites

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/3...f5157cc6_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/134/3...555d9919_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/126/3...eb305ff0_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/98/38...27498c00_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/3...5b1b23fe_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/169/3...eee29e1a_o.jpg

ok, I'll stop!
alright, it has to be said:

JEFF GORDON!! SERIOUSLY.....JEFF GORDON!!!! Blech.

I am a Kasey Kahne fan.
#245 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 09:01 AM

mamamoose, those are too cute. I wouldn't know Jeff Gordon if he sat on me (though the next time someone unknown sits on me, I'll ask!)

Welcome sarah!

elsanne, , now you're a Really Senior Member, darn it!
#246 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Seriously? You don't know who Jeff Gordon is? I mean, even people who barely know what NASCAR is know who Jeff Gordon is!

And Sabbath, I never would've guessed you were a NASCAR fan!
I haven't watched it much since I've had kids, but before my dh and I were married, my roommate and I would camp out on Sundays with a batch of Hooters hot wings to share and watch the races in our jammies all day.

: Go, Elsanne!

Sarah and welcome!
#247 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 11:21 AM

to call me a fan might be inaccurate. My IL's are HUGE in the racing world. Well THEY aren't huge.....anyways. They live in Knoxville IA which is the sprint car capital of the world, and they have international sprint car races there every year (in this little tiny town in IA, people from literally all over the world, so weird). And they love nascar. So naturally, my DH was raised around it, and keeps up with it, even though we don't watch any of the races anymore (we used to). Kasey Kahne is from Washington (pretty close to where we live) and so I adopted him as 'my driver'. His family all know that I am not BIG into it, but I know a lot more about nascar than I would have felt comfortable with before, LOL!! I don't mind it. It's not something I find totally thrilling, but it's just the same as watching a football game with the whole family. It's more about the food, and the excitement of everyone else, and the getting togetherness.

Oh yeah. And just cause I am so damn proud. My DH and I finally ended the 15 month drought and we dtd last night. That is all.
#248 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 11:27 AM

:

I just have to yay for that, Sabbath!!! Truly an important thing!!!
#249 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 11:30 AM

Oh yeah. And I have a formal request that I would like to make.

NO MORE WAKING UP AT 5:30 AM. My DC.....blah. She loves to get up at 5 in the freakin morning. Am I the only one 'blessed' with an early riser? Dear LORD!! She goes to bed at 7pm and gets up at 5 am making sure to wake up at least 4 times in the night. I am the walking dead over here.

it will get better it will get better it will get better it will get better it will get better it will get better it will get better it will get better.........

.....oh yeah. that's the other new stresser right now. We may have dtd, but I looked at my calendar this morning and last night REALLY REALLY should have been a use protection kinda night and well.....we didn't. something about ragged edges. to tired to remember.........
#250 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 12:07 PM

: : Yay for dtd! I'm sure it takes some of the stress off of you as "one more thing" nagging at you lately. When I dtd for the first time after the baby it was much better than I remembered.

My dd1 is the only morning person in the family. Sadly, I had to start going to bed sooner and getting up earlier. Technically I'm a morning person now, but I don't really like it.
#251 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 12:19 PM

too stubborn. won't do it. wouldn't be prudent.
#252 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 12:22 PM

I held out for a long time, too. Now I'm just resigned to my fate.
#253 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post

Sooooo, today is toothday. And Valentines Day. And me and DH's 1st wedding anniversary.

It is also the sweet 16 of the first time I got AF!!!

Why do I remember?

Beacause it was Valentine's day, my senior year in high school.

I was 17.

I though I was infertile it took so long.

Where in Connecticut are you? Maybe we could have breakfast the next day.

Or at least meet up for a quick hug!!!
Yay for an empty seat on the plane. I'm praying for that on my upcoming trip to Cali. Congrats on the tooth. It's silly but it feels great when our kiddos finally get that tooth we've been waiting on. My dh says the same thing about blaming everything on a tooth. It just seems like when there's no other explanation, using the tooth as a scapegoat makes me feel better. Any chance you're coming to Texass? I wanna meet you, too. I'm so jealous.

Yesterday was my anniversary, too. We've been married 3 years. And we had the rare Texas snow on our wedding day. And everyone that it was so wonderful and would make the day so special. Hello! It's my wedding day. It's special enough. But I'm not bitter or anything. Happy anniversary, fellow anniversary-er!

I started my period when I was almost 11, but not quite. My sister was 16, almost 17. How is that fair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Oh, shoot! I passed 2000 posts without noting it in any way! GAh! Where's my party? Can I go into the 2000+ post-rooms now? The special specials?
Congrats on hitting that mark. You'll have to report back on that special room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

And Sabbath, I never would've guessed you were a NASCAR fan!
I haven't watched it much since I've had kids, but before my dh and I were married, my roommate and I would camp out on Sundays with a batch of Hooters hot wings to share and watch the races in our jammies all day.
MMMmmmmmmmmmm, Hooooooterrrrrs! I knew I loved you , Tanya. I love Hooters. My dh brags at work because I beg him to take me to Hooters. Maybe the next time you come through Fort Worth, we can meet up and have wings and beer at Hooters. Did I say Mmmmmm, Hooooooters!? Great, now I'm craving Hooters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
Oh yeah. And just cause I am so damn proud. My DH and I finally ended the 15 month drought and we dtd last night. That is all.
Wow, 15 months, I'm not sure how you made it. Good that you ended the drought.hat a nice V-day gift for your dh. And you, I hope. Try not to stress too much about not using protection. What's done is done. I think we should be guaranteed infertility as long as we are being woken a hundred times a night to nurse. I really think we should get a guaranteed year. My girls are naturally spaced and it waw nice. I'm starting to get nervous here now as I think I need more time. Does tandem nursing buy you more months? I wish.

I gotta go now. Antsy baby calls for freedom.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#254 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Mmmmmm, Hooooooters!? Great, now I'm craving Hooters.
Yeah, not exactly whole foods, but the few times a year we actually get to go to Hooters, I am secretly thrilled to NIP there.
#255 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
Yeah, not exactly whole foods, but the few times a year we actually get to go to Hooters, I am secretly thrilled to NIP there.

that's freaking hilarious.

I like their chicken wings, they're pretty good. There was a cafe in Denver that I LOVED to have their chicken wings. SO FREAKIN GOOD.
#256 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Yay for an empty seat on the plane. I'm praying for that on my upcoming trip to Cali. Congrats on the tooth. It's silly but it feels great when our kiddos finally get that tooth we've been waiting on. My dh says the same thing about blaming everything on a tooth. It just seems like when there's no other explanation, using the tooth as a scapegoat makes me feel better. Any chance you're coming to Texass? I wanna meet you, too. I'm so jealous.

Yesterday was my anniversary, too. We've been married 3 years. And we had the rare Texas snow on our wedding day. And everyone that it was so wonderful and would make the day so special. Hello! It's my wedding day. It's special enough. But I'm not bitter or anything. Happy anniversary, fellow anniversary-er!

I started my period when I was almost 11, but not quite. My sister was 16, almost 17. How is that fair?
Congrats on your anniversary!!!

I knew girls who got their periods young. I wasn't jealous but I felt like a mutant.

I don't think I will be to Texas before our June/July in Europe. Maybe in the fall. That is better weather for travelling those parts. There is an awesome DIY venue in Fort Worth called 1919 Hemphill.
#257 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post
Where in Connecticut are you? Maybe we could have breakfast the next day.

Or at least meet up for a quick hug!!!
I'll PM you...

Quote:
to call me a fan might be inaccurate. My IL's are HUGE in the racing world.Oh yeah. And just cause I am so damn proud. My DH and I finally ended the 15 month drought and we dtd last night. That is all.
My ds1 loves racing but we don't follow it much. What I DO get into watching is Monster Jam with the monster trucks. Love it!!! We go whenever it is in town (which is once or twice a year - didn't get to go last year due to the babe)

Sabbath, glad you dtd. I'm not sure how to ask this, but how was it? You've said in the past that you haven't had much interest in it, even before the baby so I'm just kinda wondering how you felt afterwards...

As for early risers, yep. My little guy starts waking by 5:30 and it takes all I have to keep him in bed until 6:30. It is very rough for me as I am naturally a night owl and prefer to stay up late and sleep in. But that ended on July 1st.

Welcome Sarah

Mamamoose - love the photos - she is a cutie!
#258 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post
Sabbath, glad you dtd. I'm not sure how to ask this, but how was it? You've said in the past that you haven't had much interest in it, even before the baby so I'm just kinda wondering how you felt afterwards...
Eh, take it or leave it. It was fun, but only because we made it fun. It hurt like H^#$!!! But, it always did, so that's not new. I was hoping it wouldn't. But it did. A few people here said that once their periods returned that it was much better, so I was hoping that was on my side too. Well, at least I know what to expect now.

I really, really want to enjoy sex. I really do. I just don't think its in me. Shoulda been a nun, dang it.
#259 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 08:11 PM

Oh bummer. With my first ds, it was instantly better after the first AF. This time it is now MUCH better after 2 visits from AF. It doesn't sound right that it hurt even before you were pg!?!
#260 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 08:31 PM

It's a psychological thing. I was raped when I was a freshman in high school (first experience with sex AND first orgasm), so needless to say I was bound to have issues with sex. I didn't tell anyone for almost 3 years, so that probably compounded the issue. Sorry if that is more than you wanted to know. Not looking for pity, what's done is done right? Counseling didn't help any, it did help when I was able to volunteer a bit and help other victims. But, I think that sort of permantely destroyed my sense of innocence and any healthy sexual intimacy I may have had.
#261 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 09:01 PM

damn sabbath! no pity but major :guhs!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#262 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
It's a psychological thing. I was raped when I was a freshman in high school (first experience with sex AND first orgasm), so needless to say I was bound to have issues with sex. I didn't tell anyone for almost 3 years, so that probably compounded the issue. Sorry if that is more than you wanted to know. Not looking for pity, what's done is done right? Counseling didn't help any, it did help when I was able to volunteer a bit and help other victims. But, I think that sort of permantely destroyed my sense of innocence and any healthy sexual intimacy I may have had.
That would definitely destroy your innocence! Ugh. I'm sorry you had to experience that.
#263 of 483 Old 02-15-2007, 11:54 PM

I think dd3 is going to be an early riser too. *yawn* This morning, she was ready to get up and party at 6am. I have a hard time getting up for 7am with dd1. It was a good thing that dh was still home until 7am. He took care of dd3 while i went back to bed for a bit. I'm a night owl and it's really hard to get up that early.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#264 of 483 Old 02-16-2007, 12:11 AM

sabbath, words can't do it for me right now. more hugs and true understanding than you'd like, over here. just know you, too, are entitled to your wholeness... pm to follow (though at this rate it could be days).
#265 of 483 Old 02-16-2007, 12:41 AM

Sab, want to echo "entitled to your wholeness"...

hey juice that is 7 syllables...I feel a haiku comin on...
#266 of 483 Old 02-16-2007, 02:34 AM

ohhh haiku!!

Thanks ladies. Like I said before, it is what it is. I have my moments with it, but unfortunately, I am sure that I am not the tip of the iceberg here. I appreciate the kind words!
#267 of 483 Old 02-16-2007, 03:51 AM

Sarah-welcome!

Sabbath-:

Jacob is trying to stand by himself. oy.

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#268 of 483 Old 02-16-2007, 04:01 AM

Quote:
ohhh haiku!!

Thanks ladies. Like I said before, it is what it is. I have my moments with it, but unfortunately, I am sure that I am not the tip of the iceberg here. I appreciate the kind words!
Sadly, I think a lot of ladies can empathize to a certain degree. I didn't kiss anyone until I was almost a sophomore in college. DTD?!? Much later. DTD sober and without emotional trauma? Just in the past few years.

And I don't even know what happened.

It may have been a dream.

It may have been feeling pressured by a certain friends dad to "give him some sugar".

It may have been more.

Whatever it was it messed me up.

I wrote a little book about getting over it. Sabbath, can I give you one?
#269 of 483 Old 02-16-2007, 09:10 AM

can I just say that I love Love LOVE being a mom to this little one? Sure, the sacrifices are huge, but at least once a day the boy (what we tend to call him) does something that just makes my heart hurt in such a good way. Right now he's singing to the dog in the kitchen, but every time he looks out and catches me looking at him, he grins or makes a silly face, and then goes back to practicing his pincer grip on the dog's face. Last night he was hanging by his ankles from his dad's hands and laughing so hard I could hear him outside. I cannot even imagine what my life would be like right now without him in it. I know now what they mean when they say cherish the moment, that's for sure.
#270 of 483 Old 02-16-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah. And I have a formal request that I would like to make.

NO MORE WAKING UP AT 5:30 AM. My DC.....blah. She loves to get up at 5 in the freakin morning. Am I the only one 'blessed' with an early riser? Dear LORD!! She goes to bed at 7pm and gets up at 5 am making sure to wake up at least 4 times in the night. I am the walking dead over here.

it will get better it will get better it will get better it will get better it will get better it will get better it will get better it will get better.........

.....oh yeah. that's the other new stresser right now. We may have dtd, but I looked at my calendar this morning and last night REALLY REALLY should have been a use protection kinda night and well.....we didn't. something about ragged edges. to tired to remember.........
I'd like to make the same request of Logan. He is up at 5 all the time. The last two days our girls had snow days from school. HE was still up. I tried to explain the concept, but he didn't get it.

Sabbath!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page